Chapter 7

Aesar and I continued with our affair. We would sometimes go out on dates to his palace, or simply stay at my home, lounging in the gardens and making love. Orcus didn't seem to ever be bothered by my affair. He would ask me how Aesar was doing, if everything was fine between us, then go back to whatever he was doing.

Umona wasn't happy about my affair but it had more to do with the fact that not only had Orcus approved of it, he had arranged it. She had tried to talk with him about it, but he had stood firm on his decision.

"He gives her what I cannot and if she is happy what should it matter?" Orcus asked, brushing aside her complaints. I did feel a bit better about living in the Other World since I had Aesar. I felt happier and more relaxed.

"What are you thinking?" Aesar asked, kissing my bare shoulder. I twisted my finger in a length of his hair that had fallen over my shoulder and smiled.

"Nothing really," I said. He hummed and moved up my neck, catching my earlobe gently between his teeth.

"Astoria," Orcus called, walking towards us. I smiled up at him.

"Welcome home," I said. He nodded at my greeting.

"I wish to discuss something with you," he said. Aesar took the hint and stood, pulling on his clothes and bidding me farewell before strolling out of the garden. I looked up at Orcus expectantly.

"I think it is time we had a child," he said, bluntly. I stared at him for a moment, pondering over the request.

"Very well," I said. He gave me a half smile and knelt on the blanket next to me. He began to undress.

"Now?" I asked.

"Can you think of a better time?" he questioned. I wasn't particularly aroused since Aesar had just been with me and it seemed weird for Orcus to sleep with me right after my lover had. When I expressed this thought to him he acquiesced and told me he would wait until tonight. He bent down and kissed me, running his fingers over my stomach.

~♥~

"I cannot believe this," Umona sighed. I looked up from our game of chess.

"Can't believe what?" I asked.

"You and Aesar!" she exclaimed. I groaned and dropped my piece back where it had been.

"Not this again," I complained.

"It's just not right!" she argued for what had to be the hundredth time.

"Orcus set it up!" I countered.

"I know," she admitted in a defeated tone, "That's what ticks me off!"

"I'm happy, can't you just accept it?" I asked.

"It's just wrong," she said. "You should only be with my brother. Not some wayward Fey."

"Umona," I began. "I love you, but if you keep bringing this up I'm not going to want to be around you." She looked horrified at the idea and dropped her head.

"I'm sorry," she said. "I just...I just wish that Orcus could fall in love."

"You and I both know he refuses," I explained. "I doubt that after thousands of years that is going to change." She sighed again and gazed back towards the board. I picked my pawn back up and moved it three spaces to the left.

"I agreed to have a child," I said conversationally. Umona squealed in delight and jumped over the board, scattering the pieces and ruining our chances of continuing, to hug me tightly.