Silent Assassin

Par HyperPiper247

She rose her dainty eyebrows in surprise at my answer, her small lips slightly opening in shock. "I never too... Plus

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Author's Note
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 1

13.3K 438 48
Par HyperPiper247

After 8 years... (Age: 17)

I narrowed my eyes at the person below me as thunder boomed over my head.

I was crouching on top of a building, my unwavering body tense for some action. My muscles clenched under my midnight blue clothes tucked in my combat boots underneath the light material of my cloak. I watched with observant eyes at the way my prey walked down the street and around a corner in hurried motion like he was getting away from someone. After he disappeared, I stood up and waited for a moment.

I jumped from the building as a flash of lightning was seen over me. The ground was quickly drawing near but I remained calm just until the last second where I rolled into a ball to lessen the impact on the ground. At that exact moment the thunderous sound followed the flash of the lightning.

No one was there to witness my grand entrance, but just to be sure, I scanned my surroundings. Satisfied, I secured the hood on my head that fell back and followed my target.

The man hurriedly ran across the street as I nimbly followed him in the shadows. He turned left to the entrance of an alley and turned another left, in a way that felt like he was being chased. I followed as he turned around each corner with suspicious ease, but I kept my distance for I noted a flash of a security camera nearby. He suddenly halted in front of a billboard as I swiftly hid behind a large tree and waited patiently until he left. Following after him, I passed by the board and noticed a piece of paper on its side. Curiosity got the best of me and I took a peek at the folded letter.

Whoever you are, stop following me. You might as well waste your time teaching a pig to fly, because you will regret ever dealing with me.

I ripped the letter away and pocketed it. Smirking slightly, I thought of ways to play with his blood now that he knew he was being followed.

Glancing around my surroundings, I noticed the man  was gone. The alley was silent except for the a few flashes of lightning and thunder. Then I heard it: footsteps hurrying away.

Picking up my pace, I ran after the fading footsteps thumping on the pavement like thunder. The noise suddenly stopped but I paid no heed for I continued turning around corners, knowing the exact location of my target. The alley grew wider with every approaching step until it stopped to a dead end.

"I know you're here", I said.

Silence answered me but I paid them no mind as I listened for the slight rustle of the man's heavy coat.

Satisfied when it entered my impeccable hearing, I smirked and bowed my head. "I'm not sure I would regret dealing with you. I need a bit of fun, as you can see."

The eerie silence continued but I was not displeased for I heard a low growl.

I smiled knowingly. "Show yourself or I'll make you."

The silence was not broken and I sighed in dismay. "I was hoping for a willing surrender, but I guess a bit of exercise may do me good."

In a quick easy motion, I flashed my hand upwards. A blade was smoothly released from the edge of my sleeves and flew unwaveringly to my target hanging by the fire escape.

A voice grunted out in pain and a man fell to the ground, my blade in his right leg. He looked up at me with surprise as he clutched his wound, blood dripping from his fingers.

I stood motionless and watched as he pulled out the knife and tossed it pathetically to the edge of my feet. The man looked at me with confusion and fear as he breathed raggedly.

"How did you know I was up there?" He curiously asked as he struggled to see my hooded features.

I bowed my head and stayed silent, wanting to test his patience.

"I thought you were just a drug dealer or a stalker but when you struck my leg with that blade with such precision, I'm beginning to doubt it."

I shrug in reply.

Sensing his anger rise with my failure of response, he ran towards me and I allowed him to rip the cloak from my body. The chill of the night nipped at my face as I raised my blank face to his.

The man in front of me grew pale at the sight of my uniform. Eyes growing wide, his eyes scanned me until they landed on my right chest. Knowing he was goggling at the insignia of a Silent One on my uniform, I smirked.

He struggled a laugh as he backed away from me. "A Silent One." He shook his head in disbelief. "I knew this day would come, but I didn't know I would die in the hands of one... a girl no less."

My smirk dropped and my stare hardened as I narrowed my eyes. "I'm not as worthless as you think."

He shook his head, "You're a waste of time."

He turned to leave but as quick as I could, I appeared in front of him with an arm length blade on his throat. He quickly backed away from me as he clutched his throat nervously. Looking at him with eyes like that of an observant cat, I flipped my blade around my hand professionally.

As I played with my blade, I taunted him dangerously with my other hand. The man scowled in reply and grasped the handle of a blade strapped to his side. "You don't know what you just started, girl. By the end of this, you'll wish you've never met me." In one motion, he unsheathed his wide blade and raised it at me in a threatening manner.

The air turned colder and eerier as we stared each other down. Without warning, the man ran to me and brought his sword down as I swiftly parried the strike by turning my back to him with my blade raised above me. His sword pressed on mine, both hands on the hilt, while I held mine with one. He gritted his teeth and pressed his blade more forcefully on mine, but I held my defensive stance.

Finally, he moved his blade to slash the back of my neck, but I ducked down. He tried to jab me numerous times but I dodged each strike gracefully.

Noticing that he was beginning to tire, I smirked menacingly and slashed both of his feet in one motion. He cried out loud and my smirk widened. I stopped in front of him as his feet buckled and he fell to his knees, leaning on his blade with both hands for support.

I stared him down with void eyes, "Are you comfortable down there?"

He growled in reply.

I sighed, disappointed. "Why don't you fight back for the honor of your dead family."

His eyes hardened and I knew I had him.

"What? Has the death of your children weakened you?" I shook my head slowly in disappointment. "I know who killed your bubbly twins, by the way" I drew my head closer to his ear and paused for effect. "It was me", I whispered.

He snarled, jumped up, and tried to decapitate me, but I brought my blade up easily to intercept him. He tried to weaken me again, but after awhile, he gave up. At his slow pace, I brought my blade's twin out and twisted myself in my parrying position, slashing his abdomen in the process. Bouncing from my attack, I twirled as I slashed around him, drawing blood everywhere.

I jumped back when I was finished and my prey dropped down once again in a kneeling position on the floor, breathing hard from blood loss. A puddle of blood was forming under him, making my hands twitch for the final kill.

He looked up at me with sad eyes, but my hardened heart did not soften. Noticing this, he dropped his head down like he was accepting his defeat. Acknowledging his wish, I ran towards him and jumped over his body, twisting myself in mid air to cut off his head with my twin blades in a neat line.

Landing in a crouch, an object landed in front of me: the man's decapitated head. My job done, I sheathed my blades as I stood and approached the object nesting with a growing puddle of blood on the pavement. Kicking it with my combat boots, it rolled and stopped by the corpse, its sad face facing my void ones.

I shrugged, not moved by pity. "So much for that."

Finding my fallen knife, I picked it from the floor and slid it under my sleeves. I then shrugged on my cloak, making sure that my hood was covering my face before turning heels to the direction of my next stop--

The Info Room to search for my parents' killer.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

51.5K 1.9K 32
He once told me no one knows the real him.I didn't think he meant it, and not in a good way. He is a straight A student, and everyone knows it, not t...
447K 12.9K 34
Blaze White is the New Girl at the Prep school in her mothers old home town. But her only goal for senior year is to keep a low profile, no friends...
10.5K 1K 50
She's dead by the third chapter. Okay, it's a bit more complicated than that. Okay, it's A LOT more complicated than that. Renata wants nothing more...
432 119 27
The "Please..." I hear her whimper and I go into full panic mode. "Calm down, okay? Deep breaths. Don't hang up. I'll be with you soon. Where are you...