Love Me Like You Mean It

By MissCandie77

Sid Mattews had a hard life ever since she was born. She isn't the best looking shewolf, she's slightly overw... More

It's Not Love between Us, Mate
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 13

45.3K 870 257
By MissCandie77

Chapter 13

I pushed the bowl away from after gulping down my orange juice. Three more days until my birthday. The day when I turn 16 and a witch. I felt a bit sacred for some reason. I didn't know that much about witches. Worry took over me, would I be a good witch? How will it effect me? Will I become better than I am? I sunk in my chair as I thought more about it. The kitchen door creaked open, I spotted a tan heel step inside the small kitchen. My eyes traveled up to the face to see it was a beautiful woman. Her long blonde curly hair was flowing, her dark green eyes were staring at me curiously. A smile spread across her face as she click clacked her way toward me. Who was this woman?

"Sid! How are you? Did you enjoy the party that I threw you?" she questioned as she pulled out the wooden chair that was next to me. She sat down with her eyes glued to me.

"Oh thanks but....uh who are you again?" I asked in confusion. I don't ever recall ever meeting or seeing her. Her bright red lips pulled in a frown for a second, she stuck her hand out in front of me. Her golden bracelets jingled.

"I'm sorry I forgot we didn't meet in person. My name is Melissa, I'm Chad's mother." she replied flashing her pearly whites at me. I nodded in realization and shook her hand. "Your grandmother has told me so much about you! Are you excited about becoming a witch?" she said in a happy tone.

My smile slowly vanished as soon as she asked. Melissa must of noticed because she stopped grinning. She touched my hand, I glanced up at her with a questioning look. What was strange was that Melissa reminded me of my mother.

"I'm afraid." I whispered in a cracked tone. Her hand gripped mine.

"Don't worry, you are going to love being a witch in fact you are talking to one." Melissa. I lifted my head, how could I forget? Granny told me that Melissa was a witch!

"Yes, I am a witch and if you like I can help you along with Chad and your grandmother." Melissa said.

"Really?" I asked in disbelief. Melissa nodded furiously.

"Alright, well I'll talk to you later. I need to see your grandmother." she explained getting up from her seat. She gave me a quick hug and opened the kitchen door.

"Bye!" she called while walking through the door. I was about yell "bye" back but she was gone. I sighed deeply and stood up. I placed the my bowl and my glass in the sink before walking out of the kitchen. I strolled outside of the house. I glanced around, taking in the new place.

I honestly didn't even know where granny really lived. Like I know she lived in France but I don't even know where. I mean she just zapped me here. I decided to just shove that thought aside. I didn't care where the hell I was right now. As long as I stayed away from Stark and my family.

Stark.

I still couldn't believe that he would do that. He made love with another girl. Did he not care at all about me at all? I still cannot believe that he was my mate. I huffed and marched down the street. Yes, I had no idea where the heck I was going but I felt like going somewhere. I sighed as I saw a happy couple strolling across the street. The girl leaned toward the boy and planted a kiss on his cheek. She giggled and clutched his arm to her chest while they walked. I looked away not wanting to think about couples anymore, walking away was the best thing I could do. Thinking about where I could go, my eyes spotted a coffee place. It was very cute in my opinion. I rushed toward the café, I pushed the heavy door and entered the coffee place. The smell of coffee invaded my nostrils. There were a few people in here. I glided behind the fourth person that was standing in line. I felt my jean pockets checking to see if I had money, I mentally yelled "yay" as I felt the cash that granny gave me earlier. I waited patiently behind an older woman that was on her phone. I noticed that she was speaking in English but accent was very thick. I could barely understand her. Moving my head to the side, I saw there were now only two people in line. I groaned getting inpatient, my eyes moved to the clock that was on the wall and then at the counter.

"I see someone is a bit patient." noted a male voice behind me. I turned my head to see a boy around my age with bright blue eyes sparkling with humor. A smile was tugging on his pink lips.

"Well, I really want some coffee." I grumbled causing him to chuckle. His voice was pretty hot and so was his body.

"Callum, you are beautiful?" asked the mystery boy. He flipped his brown hair while grinning at me. I blushed when he called me beautiful.

"Sid and nice to meet you." I answered politely smiling. I inhaled his scent to see what he was and surprisingly he was human. Wow, I never knew a human could look this good.

"So I haven't seen you around here beautiful." spoke Callum, I nodded while glancing at the counter to see if we were getting close. It was the lady in front of me's turn.

"I just moved here with my grandparents." I informed while stepping closer toward the counter. Callum bobbed his head and took a step closer to me.

"Well after we get our coffee would you like join me at one of the tables?" he asked, I shrugged and accepted his invitation. Its not like I had something better to do. We got our coffee and then got a table next to the window.

Callum sat across from me, he sipped his coffee and then nibbled into his blueberry muffin. A laugh escaped my lips as I saw he had crumbs all over his lips. He rose an eyebrow as I giggled like a high school girl. I gave him a napkin and then pointed to his lips.

"Sorry beautiful," he said wiping his mouth while I kept laughing at him. I bit into my muffin and then sipped my hot coffee.

"Why do you keep calling me beautiful?" I asked. Callum shrugged and smirked at me.

"Because it describes you perfectly." he answered making me blush tomato red. He chuckled and took a sip of his coffee.

"Not to be rude or anything but I couldn't help but notice that you don't seem very happy. Like I can see it in your face." commented Callum. I bit my bottom lip debating if I should tell him or not. I decided that I should, for some reason I wanted to see what he would say. I told him my tale, he was listening patiently but he would frown at some parts. However, I didn't tell him about the mates thing. At least not yet.

"Ah, wow no offense but that dude is a dick." Callum stated, he shook his head and then bit into his muffin. He glanced up at me after placing his muffin back down and said "I think your grandmother is right, you should just move on. I mean there a lot other guys in the world."

He was right. I should move on but I knew it wasn't going to be easy. I gripped my coffee as I thought about moving on. I was actually scared. I mean is there a guy out there for me? A mate that would love me and take care of me forever?

"Hey, you okay Sid?" Callum asking placing his hand on mine. He gave my hand a squeeze, I smiled lightly and then met his eyes.

"I'm fine, lets talk about something else." I stated wanting to forget about Stark and the family right now. Callum nodded but still kept his hand on mine.

"How about you tell me about yourself, where are you from?" I asked. Callum slid his hand off mine and leaned back in his chair. I liked his hand on mine. I placed my hands in my lap and leaned in to listen to Callum.

"Well, I was born and raised in England. I am 17 years old. I play the drums and I move around a lot because of my father's business. My mother died when I was 6 years old. I have a little sister named Cindy and that's about it." explained Callum. Wow, he was born in England and he played the drums! That's so cool!

"Whoa, so you how long have you been here in France?" I questioned placing my hands back on the table. Callum looked out the window, the clouds were rolling in which meant it was about to rain. He narrowed his eyes and then glanced at me.

"I've been here for four months but I'm leaving on Friday." Callum said sadly, wait, he's leaving the day before my birthday? He's leaving tomorrow!

"Oh that sucks, you're going to miss my birthday." I mumbled frowning at the idea of him leaving. Callum stared at me for a second but then leaned in.

"Really your birthday is on Saturday?" Callum asked shock, I nodded weakly still mad about him leaving.

"Well, I guess we are going make today memorable." Callum said suddenly standing up. I gave him puzzled look, he grabbed my hand and began pulling me out of the café. The wind was blowing hard as he rushed down the street. We gained a few glares and curse words from people. Callum was grinning like a mad man while dodging people and gripping my hand tightly.

"Where the hell are we going!" I demanded giving the man I bumped into a sorry look. The man just shook his head and muttered something in French. Callum didn't answer my question, he just kept running. He suddenly stopped in front of a place. He turned to face me and he whispered "I'm going to show you are you can be a girl."

I glanced down at my body to see I was covered in sweatpants and large Redskins shirt that belonged to my dad. My eyebrows raised, was he trying to make me a girly girl? That wasn't me! I was about argue back when Callum said something that shocked me.

"You shouldn't hide yourself just because of what certain people said about you. It doesn't matter if they think you're ugly, I don't and I know there are plenty of others who don't either. Doesn't matter if your slightly overweight, its not like its permanent, you can change that but only if you want to. Don't please others, be who you are. You know the reason I actually talked to you was because I knew that you were a real person and I also you thought you could need a friend. I want to show that being a girl isn't a bad thing. My step Aunt Willa works here and I think she'll fix you up nicely." Callum said.

I was left speechless. No words came out of my mouth, it was like I forgot all the words I knew. Whatever said was probably the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. Callum dragged me inside, the smell of shampoo and makeup hit me hard. I never actually been in a salon, weird huh? A beautiful woman ran up to Callum and hugged him with all her might. Callum chuckled and embraced the woman back. The woman turned to me, her fiery hair bounced around and her green eyes fixed on me like I was her prey.

"Who is this Callum?" questioned the woman, I noticed she had a thick French accent. She offered me a smile before turning back to her nephew. Callum placed his arm around me.

"This, Aunt Willa, is my new best friend Sid and Sid this is my Aunt Willa." Callum introduced.

"Hello," I mumbled nervously with a small smile.

"Nice to meet you Sid and you call me Willa." said Willa with a grin. Callum then informed his aunt about what he wanted to do to me. I was actually paying any attention, I kept thinking about what was going happen after this. I also kept thinking about Callum leaving. For some reason, I wish he really didn't have to go. He was the best friend that I've been waiting for 15 years. The best friend who gave me advice and cared for me but now after meeting him....he's leaving. Seriously why is my luck to bad? Callum suddenly grabbed my hand which brought me back to the real world. He forced me to sit down in black chair in front of giant mirror. Willa appeared at my side and examined me.

"I'm going to keep her brown hair like this but I will curl it and put in some layers. We also need to give you a wax. I will also do your makeup and then I'll show you how to really be girl!" said Willa but squealed the last part. Callum gave me an encouraging smile and then sat down at the chair that was to my left.

Willa got to work. She would occasionally pull or tug on my hair. She then waxed my legs, eyebrows, upper lip and arms. She did my makeup and taught me how to do it. What surprised me the most the fact that Willa had made her own clothes. In fact she sells them! She took me to her back room where she makes and sells her clothes. I had to admit she did have talent. Apparently, she wants to be a fashion designer. She picked out couple of clothes but then made me dress in a short sleeve white dress with white flats. I looked nice but you could see my belly a bit which brought my happiness down a bit. I walked outside to see Callum standing there anxiously. His eyes sparkled with excitement when they landed on me.

"You look great and happy early birthday beautiful!" he said giving me a hug and handing me small box. It was bright red box with a white ribbon wrapped around it.

"Oh my gosh! Thank you but when did you get it?" I asked taking the box from his hands.

"When you changing, god, you took like two hours plus there is a jewelry shop right in front of this store." replied Callum. "Now open it!" demanded Callum pointing to the box.

I opened up and gasped when I saw heart necklace. It was gold and in the front it had my name written on it with diamonds.

"Whoa.." I whispered staring at the necklace.

"Turn it around." Callum said, I turned it around to see the words "Don't forget about me, -Callum" Tears began running down my cheeks, this was probably nicest thing anyone has ever gave to me for my birthday. I hugged Callum tightly while crying. Callum hugged me back and kissed the side of my head.

"I'm glad you like it beautiful." Callum whispered after breaking our hug. He twirled my hair in his hand while staring at me. "I'm going to miss you Sid." Callum said narrowing his eyes.

"Same." I mumbled holding back the tears that wanted to come. He smiled at me and wiped the tears away from my cheeks.

"Let's get you home." he said grabbing the bags that Willa gave me. It was filled with makeup, clothes and other junk. She told me I could come back anytime I want because apparently she really liked me. Callum walked me home while we chatted about things. Man, I was really going to miss him. We arrived at granny's house, we both stopped in front of the house. I turned to Callum who was wearing a sad smile on his face.

"You know what's funny?" he asked randomly.

"What?" I asked.

"How one girl could easily steal my heart in a day." he whispered. My eyes widen as I heard what he said.

"What?" I gasped.

Callum didn't say anything he just continued to gaze at me with this unknown expression. He leaned did something that I never would've expected. He planted a small kiss on my lips. My body froze, his arms tightened around me.

"Promise me you'll find someone that will love you." he whispered pressing his forehead to mine. I forgot to breathe, my lips were tingling from the kiss. My first kiss.

"I promise." I whispered back.

"And that you won't forget about me beautiful." he whispered.

"I won't." I responded with my legs shaking. His blue eyes held so much emotion for me. His luscious lips were formed into a smile.

"I won't forget about you either beautiful." he said kissing my lips one more time and then dropping my bags on the floor. He let go my waist and walked down the street.

"Bye beautiful!" he called as he strutted down the empty street.

"Bye Callum." I mumbled feeling empty and sad that he was leaving. I grabbed my things and headed inside. More tears came running down my cheeks. I knocked on the door, my grandfather opened up.

"There you are! We were freaking out here!" exclaimed grandpa while letting me inside the house. Granny rushed in the hallway and screamed in delight when she saw me. She held me tightly while sobbing.

"Where were you and why do you look so beautiful?" she questioned, I sighed deeply when I heard say "beautiful". I was really going to miss Callum. He was the only one that made me feel special.

"I was with a new friend and he kind of took me shopping." I told her. Granny wiggled her eyebrows and said "he?"

I rolled my eyes and shook my head at my granny. She was goofy old woman. Should I tell her about Callum? I mean there is no harm but I feel like she will get slightly mad that he was human and that I liked him. I mean there is nothing with humans, its not like we hated them but granny isn't a big fan of humans for some reason.

"Granny, I don't want to talk about him and can I please have something to eat?" I asked, she nodded and led me into the kitchen. She placed a bowl of pasta in front of me. I licked my lips and dug in. Granny watched me while shaking my head.

"I'm going to bed so make sure you wash your bowl and glass." Granny said before leaving me alone in kitchen. I quickly finished my food and then washed the dishes. After turning off the lights, I walked upstairs and collapsed on my bed.

***

I woke up feeling fresh and ready to go. I quickly took a shower and changed into a pair of white jeans with a flowery top that Willa gave me. I slipped on the white sandals that she also gave me. I curled my hair and did my makeup the way Willa taught me and headed downstairs. For the first time in my life, I felt like I looked pretty. Granny squealed in happiness as she spotted me. I also noticed that Chad, Melissa, Derrick, Kelvin and Drew were here. They all looked at me shock when their eyes landed on me.

"Wow girl! You look amazing!" Kelvin yelled grabbing my hand. I snatched my hand away and smiled at him. Chad threw me a thumbs up, Derrick playfully licked his lips and Drew just stared at me.

"You look wonderful honey!" squealed Melissa. She embraced me and then squeezed my shoulder.

"So we were actually going out to eat breakfast so would you like to come?" asked Melissa, I nodded and we all strolled out. Derrick, Chad and Kelvin went in Derrick's car. My grandparents were going with Melissa so that leaves me with Drew. He and I were going in his car. I got into his sliver Mercedes Benz, I got into the passenger seat and slipped on my seat belt. Drew sliently got in the driver seat and we drove off. We followed Derrick's car, the whole car ride was quiet. Occasionally, Drew would sneak peeks at me but won't say anything. We suddenly heard honking from behind us, I looked out my window to see a huge accident in front of us. There were so many cars in front of us waiting on the road to go. I sighed knowing that this was going to take forever.

Drew took his phone out and started typing away. I glanced at him and then turned to look at the traffic. I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turn to see Drew holding out his phone for me. I took and looked at what he wrote

"I'm sorry about the traffic, you look very nice by the way."

I smiled at the text and then looked at him. His lips were forming a smile.

"Thanks and its not your fault so it doesn't matter." I told him handing his phone back. Drew nodded and then started typing on his phone again. He held the cell phone out for me, I grabbed it and read what he wrote

"True but still we could've had breakfast by now."

"Yeah but honestly I'm not really that hungry." I told him giving his phone back. He started to type again. I took the phone when he held it out for me.

"Then would it be a good time to ask you on a date?"

________________________________________________________________

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

LOVE, PEACE & COOKIES(:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.3K 995 37
Seb, a now 19 year old pup. After a year of freedom, guilt and independence 3 certain Alphas return to bring Seb back home. After everything that's h...
69K 2.1K 21
In which the Mikaelson's, the scooby gang, the pack and past and future Hale's are brought to watch the life of Charlotte Stilinski Or in which trut...
27.7M 633K 53
(Warning Mature Content) "You don't know how long i've been waiting for you to say that..." Sam groaned into the crook of my neck, his teeth grazing...
7.5M 273K 37
They say opposites attract. But what happens when a rogue and an Alpha who both crave chaos end up being mates? It seems like Moon Goddess has made h...