Living With Damon and Stefan

By Dark-Violet

Marni is 14. She lives with Damon and Stefan Salvatore in the Salvatore bording house. She also has powers; s... More

Rude Awakening
Mystic Grill
Elena Gilbert
The Plan
History Lesson
School
Road Trip
Crystals
Necromancer Crystal
Book of Crystals
The Game
Bonnie
Intense Stares
Jonathan Gilberts Journal
The Man In The Mirror
Shadow
Harsh Words
Flashback
What Are You?
Visitor
Warp Crystal
Feelings
Shock News
Jumping Out Windows
The Secret
Shattered Glass
Finding Out
Birthday
Surprise Party
The Kiss
Holding Hands
Opening The Tomb
Emotions
Alaric Saltzman
Legend
Sleepover
Torture
The Really Bad Problem
Worrying
The Battle
Beverly Hills
The Concert
The Moonstone
Mason Lockwood
Masquerade Ball
Elijah
Family Barbeque
The Argument
The Halloween Party
Reunion
The Haunting
The Warning
The Epic Battle
The Beach
Running Down The Street In Underwear
First Sight
The Body Swap
The Reason Why Knocking Was Invented
The Risk Of Sounding Jealous
Failing To Notice Something Important
Getting Distracted By Dandelions
Finding Floors Comfortable
Tomato Juice And Garlic Paste
Ice Cream, P.J's, And Damon
Evil People Chasing Bunnies
Goats And Hating Men
The Runaway
Toothbrushes, Puppets and Haircuts
Awkward Moments And Apologies
No Longer Friends
Hangovers And Rainy Days
Sock Wearing Pineapples
This Coffee Is Not For You
Pillow Eating Dinosaurs
Piano!
Feeding The Cat
The Dandelion Throwing Lamps
People Actually Use Toilet Paper? Ew.
Sniffing Random Peoples Hair
Fluffy Refridgeraters That Sing
Super Ninja Monkeys! And Shane Dawson!
Teletubbies Rock!
The Naked Shoe Box Lover
Potatoes Have Feelings Too!
Hugging Pens With Eyeballs
The Cute Washing Machine And Dimples
The Day The Sharpener Coughed
Marshmellow Covered Coat-Hangers
Mating With Butterflies
Lamp Posts Are Nice Triangles
The Chocolate That Eats Stockings
Le Flying Taco Mafia
The Bookcase That Sniffs Potato Salad
Exploding Donuts and Lentils
The Umbrella Shaped Box
Throwing Paper At Harold
Salt & Pepper Pencil Baskets
Lettuce Leaf!
Oh, You Like Chirping? Too Bad.

Unwanted, Annoying Dreams

80K 497 94
By Dark-Violet

Hey guys, it's me again :D

So, recently, I saw the new season 3 trailer (Posted on the side) and to say I was happy was an understatement. I started running around the house screaming. I wouldn't be surprised if my friend Cartiah could her me from her place. My life has meaning again, and all I want to do is upload on this story! I'll be sitting in class, and it'll be all I think about, and then I'll get in trouble for ot paying attention.

I'd like to thank each and everyone of you for reading and voting for my story, as well as commenting. It really does make my day. Every morning I get up and check on my phone if anyone has commented on my story. You's are all amazing, and I love you :D

I OWN A GOAT!

I'm not kidding! It's a girl, and it's named Zara! That's why I mentioned her in one of my chapters!

I've had her for a few years, before the major goat faze happened, and I'm very proud to say I own a goat! :DDD

She's adorable! But sometimes she'll look at you and you can't help thinking that she's stalking you... I guess she takes after me :)

The one thing that's not great about goats: Goat poo -.- it's gross, although it doesn't smell as bad as other animal poo :)

Well, this is getting a little awkward, because I'm talking about poo so.. Yeah :D

Just remember, Llama's hate peanuts, but they love saltanas :D

______________________________________________________________________________

Besides that night Damon and I had gone that night-club and that guy stabbed me, I hadn't been to New York in years.

The last time was in 1992.

I picked a random hotel to stay at, and I was laying on the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

The room was nice, but simple enough. No where near as amazing as the one in Beverly Hills, but it would do.

My phone was still randomly going off, and I was still ignoring it.

You'd think everyone would realise I didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment.

I sighed. I didn't blame them though. I'd be worried too.

I jumped slightly as my phone started vibrating.

"Ugh! Shut up!" I yelled at it.

Great. Now I was yelling at inanimate objects.

I decided to give up on life and go to sleep.

My dream was strange. It was more realistic than my others. And I knew it was a dream, and strangely enough, I could control my thoughts and actions.

I was in Bonnie's room, which I didn't expect. It looked exactly the same as last time I was there, except there was a candle lit in the middle of the room, and I recognised my necklace sitting next to it.

I frowned. How did that get there?

"Hella Marni," a voice said from behind me.

I spun and saw Bonnie there.

"Bonnie what-" I cut off, realising what was happening.

Bonnie had cast a dream spell. It allowed you to contact someone through their dreams.

"I guess I didn't make the message clear enough," I said bitterly. "I thought you might've gathered from my message that I need time to myself."

"I didn't read the letter, Damon told me," Bonnie said.

I felt bad for being bitter towards her, she hadn't done anything.

"Did he ask you to do this?" I asked.

"No," she said. "He asked me to check if you were okay, and I got an image from your necklace."

Ah. So that's why I had that feeling in the car.

"Then why are you here?" I asked.

"To talk to you," she said. "Everyone's worried about you. No one knows the exact reason you ran away, and they want to know when you're coming back."

"I had my reasons for leaving," I replied. I didn't feel like explaining, and I knew Bonnie liked Shadow, so that would be awkward. "And I don't know when I'm coming back."

"Well, that clears up everything," she said with a small smile.

I didn't respond.

"Right," she said. "I can take a hint. Is there anything you'd like me to tell anybody before I go?"

I hesitated. "Tell... Tell everyone I'm fine, and they don't need to worry. And to stop calling me. I have about a billion missed calls."

She smiled and nodded.

"Good bye Marni," she said.

"Bye Bonnie," I said, just before everything blurred and I fell into normal sleep again.

-

3rd Person

-

Someone was knocking repetively on the front door of the Salvatore Boarding-house.

"Alright, alright!" Damon called. "I'm coming!"

He walked casually to the door and opened it.

When he saw who it was, he tried to close it, but John Gilbert stuck his arm out and stopped him.

"What do you want John?" Damon asked.

"I just came to have a little chat," John said casually. He brushed past Damon and walked into the living room.

"Don't you have somebody else to annoy?" Damon asked, pouring himself a drink.

"Apparently not," John said. "So, I couldn't help but over hear Elena and your brother talking about how Marni, what was the phrase, ran away?"

"I'm not in the mood John," Damon said. He was loosing his patience.

"I'm curious as to why she ran away though," John continued, obviously intending to anger Damon. "Maybe she realised how disgusting you creatures are and decided she wanted nothing to do with you."

Damon snapped. He was across the room in a second, pinning John to the wall by his throat.

"Are you seriously that stupid to piss off a vampie John?" Damon hissed.

"What's going on here?" a new voice asked.

Damon turned to see Elena and Stefan, and resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

He let go of John and returned to drinking his scotch.

"Nothing," Damon said, answering Stefan's question. "We were just... Bonding."

John rubbed his throat. "Careful Damon. You wouldn't want the Council finding out about your secret would you?"

"I'm shaking," Damon said sarcastically. If the Council did find out about him, he'd kill them all without a second thought.

With a disappointed look at Elena, John left, slamming the door behind him.

Damon turned and met Elena's gaze.

"Don't look at me with those judgy little eyes," he said. "The guy's a dick."

"Damon," Stefan said disappointedly.

"What?" Damon asked. "It serves him right. He pissed me off."

Stefan looked like he was going to say something, but he was cut off by a knock on the door.

Damon shrugged and answered the door. It was Bonnie.

"I have something important to tell you," she said in a rush.

Damon stepped aside and let her pass.

"Oh good," she said when she saw Stefan and Elena. "You're here as well."

"What's going on?" Elena asked.

Damon leaned against the wall, looking at Bonnie expectantly.

"I managed to get in contact with Marni," she said.

"What?" Damon, Stefan and Elena asked simultaneously.

"After you left yesterday, I started thinking," she said. "There had to be some way I could contact her. It reminded me of a spell my Grams told me about one time, that allows you to contact people in their dreams. So I waited until midnight, hoping that she would be asleep by then, and it worked."

"What did she say?" Damon asked.

"Well, she clearly didn't want to be contacted, so she was a bit vague," Bonnie said. "I asked her the basics, why she ran away and when she'll be back. She didn't answer my first question, and she doesn't know when she's coming home."

The hope that had been rising in Damon vanished. He'd just been told what he already knew.

"Did she say anything else?" Stefan asked, the hope clear in his voice.

 "Yes actually," Bonnie replid. Damon snapped his head up. "She said to not worry about her, and that she's fine. Also to stop calling her, she's sick of getting missed calls."

 Damon smirked at the last part.

"Well at least we know she's alright," Stefan said.

And idea struck Damon.

"Bonnie," he said.

"Yes?"

"Are you only capable of letting yourself talk to people through their dreams, or can you cast the spell on anybody?" Damon asked.

Bonnie caught on quickly. "Well, I can try..."

"Wait, what?" Elena asked, obviously not getting it.

"I'm going to see if I get Damon into Marni's dream," Bonnie answered.

-

Marni's POV

-

I spent the day shopping and enjoying New York.

I had bought several new books, because I had, stupidly enough, forgotten to bring any with me.

It was a rainy day today, so when I got home I changed into my pajamas and curlled up on my bed with a cup of coffee and started one of my new books which was called Skulduggery Pleasant. 

There were already five in the series, which I had bought, and there was a sixth one coming out very soon.

Within hours I had almost finished the book, and I was enjoying it immensely. It wasn't one of those romance books where a new mysterious guy comes into town, girl falls inlove, yada, yada, yada... It was about magic and fighting and saving the world. No romance at all really. That's probably why I enjoyed it so much. That and it was completely epic.

When I glanced at the time, it was almost midnight.

I yawned and set the book down reluctantly, the need to sleep winning over the need to finish the book.

 Sleep overtook me almost instantly.

I opened my eyes to find myself in Damon's room back at the Salvatore boarding-house.

I recognised the type of dream instantly.

"For the love of all that's holy," I muttered. "Can I not have one night to myself?"

"Apparently not," a familiar voice said.

I turned to see Damon leaning against the wall smirking.

"Didn't Bonnie tell you that I didn't want to be contacted?" I asked.

"I'm fine Marni, thanks for asking," he said sarcastically.

I sighed. "Sorry, I shouldn't have snapped at you. It's just when someone runs away, usually they want to be cut off from everyone."

"Who'd want to be cutt off from me?" Damon asked, as if it were the most absurd thing in the world.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, ignoring his comment.

"Oh, I just wanted to ask if you've seen my car keys," he said. "I seem to have miss placed them."

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm here to ask questions obviously," Damon said.

"No, I haven't thrown any goats at random civilians," I said. "You don't need to worry."

"Uh... that's great?" he said, raising an eyebrow.

"I thought so," I said. I was trying to get him off track, and not ask me questions.

"Why'd you run away?" he asked. Dammit.

"I would've thought you'd have figured that one out," I said.

"Well, considering I never found out why you came home crying that night," he said.

I sighed. "Well, you already know how upset I was that day,"

He nodded.

"I was at the Grill with Shadow," I said. "We were having a great time. Until he decided to kiss me."

"Oh..." he said, realisation in his eyes.

"I was a tad emotionally unstable then," I continued. "And I couldn't take it any longer, so I left. And here we are."

"Do you know when you're coming back?" Damon asked after a moment.

"No," I answered. "Like I said, I need time to myself, get my life sorted out. And it doesn't help when you guys interupt my sleep!"

He smirked. "Well maybe if you answered your phone."

"There's a reason I'm not answering my phone," I said. "I want to be left alone."

Damon sighed. "I guess I should probably go."

I nodded.

"Do I at least get a goodbye hug?" he asked.

I gave him a small smile and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around him.

"Take care of yourself," he murmered in my ear.

"You too," I said.

"Come home soon," he said "Things are going to be boring with out you."

"I know," I smirked. "But you'll manage."

"Good bye Marni," he said.

"I'll see you around Damon," I smiled, before my dream went blurry and I fell back into dreamless sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 1.6K 52
A friend from Damon and Stefan's past shows up in Mystic Falls. Will she throw a kink in their seemingly perfect lives or will she be the one to save...
50.6K 415 14
scarlet Hamilton may seem like your average eighteen year old Teenager but she's got a dark secret, she returns to Mystic Falls to pick up her puzzle...
341 0 10
Welcome to Mystic Falls, a small quiet town, deep in town history with traditions all around. But when a 17 year old girl's parents' die in a car acc...
16.8K 455 19
THIS IS A CONTINUATION/FAN FICTION OF DARK_VIOLET'S ORIGINAL STORY. SLOW UPDATES Marni Sage has been through more than your average girl, probably be...