Battlefield Romance: Hakuōki...

By DreamHost

A series of one-shots/canons/(or whatever they're called), featuring your favorite male characters from the a... More

First Encounter: Toshizo Hijikata
First Encounter: Souji Okita
First Encounter: Keisuke Yamanami
First Encounter: Shinpachi Nagakura
First Encounter: Sanosuke Harada
First Encounter: Heisuke Todo
First Encounter: Hajime Saito
First Day of Training: Toshizo Hijikata
First Day of Training: Souji Okita
First Day of Training: Keisuke Yamanami
First Day of Training: Shinpachi Nagakura
First Day of Training: Sanosuke Harada
First Day of Training: Heisuke Todo
First Day of Training: Hajime Saito
On Patrol: Toshizo Hijikata
On Patrol: Souji Okita
On Patrol: Shinpachi Nagakura
On Patrol: Sanosuke Harada
On Patrol: Heisuke Todo
On Patrol: Hajime Saito
Time to Hit the Battlefield: Toshizo Hijikata
Time to Hit the Battlefield: Souji Okita
Time to Hit the Battlefield: Keisuke Yamanami

On Patrol: Keisuke Yamanami

725 18 2
By DreamHost

Scenario: After straight, solid training for the past week or so, you're finally being allowed to go out on patrol. Your trainer (and now friend) is responsible for your well-being on your first day. What will happen while the two of you are in town?

******

You watch Sannan-san closely as the two of you make the rounds through the village: he appears extremely focused and determined. You silently admire his professional demeanor and the way he carries himself. His aura is so commanding that it's unignorable. His very presence in a room could cause a multitude of people to straighten.

"(y/n)?" You blink.

"Yes, Sannan-san?"

"Is something the matter with me?" He looks genuinely surprised.

"Uh, no Sir. Why would you ask such a question?"

"You were staring at me."

You flush scarlet. "Oh goodness, was I?"

Sannan-san chuckles. "Yes, you were."

Your eyes widen in embarrassment. "Please forgive me!"

"There's nothing to forgive!" He's still laughing. You fall silent, not really sure what else to say. In truth, there really wasn't anything left for you to say.

"Don't be embarrassed" he says, his laughter finally dying down.

"I-I-I'm not!" You stammer. Sannan-san smiles down at you.

"That's good to hear." The two of you continue to walk in silence, observing the town and the usual bustle.

"This is where I first found you" Sannan-san suddenly says. You look up at him in surprise.

"Is it?"

He nods. "Yes. I remember quite well."

You groan. "Please don't remind me of that!"

"Why not? It was a monumental time in your life." You open your mouth to respond, but then shut it tightly.

"... Sure."

"You don't agree?"

You blanch. "No! It's not that at all! I -" He chuckles softly and his eyes squint kindly in a smile.

"Wow, (y/n), I haven't heard Sannan-san laugh so much since..." Heisuke-kun pauses to think. "I don't know the last time he's laughed this much!" You feel your cheeks grow warm at the indirect compliment.

"Oh no! It's not me, I didn't-"

"Sh." Sannan-san places a finger over your lips as he smiles down at you. "Someday, you will see just how much good you have done."  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 15.6K 22
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
363K 13K 57
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
438K 10.9K 60
𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐝𝐨𝐧, 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲, 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐫...
71.3K 2.8K 24
Noah always believed her and Lando were forever, but when he ended things with her to further his racing career it left her heartbroken and alone. I...