HYPNOTIC ✗ rucas

By adoringrucas

[ 2016 GMW Choice Award Winner ] [ 2017 GMAWARDS Winner ] ❝I l o v e d her not for the way she d a n c e d... More

0.1; "Today's the day."
0.2; "He's dark."
0.3; "Ladies."
0.4; "I'm Lucas Friar."
0.5; "He saved me."
0.6; "Here goes nothing."
0.7; "She took my breath away."
0.8; "Goodnight, Riley."
0.9; "I'm falling for Riley Matthews."
1.0; "My hero."
1.1; "Afraid."
1.2; "Hate is a strong word."
1.3; "I'm here."
1.4; "Why?"
1.5; "Friend or nothing."
1.6; "Can I trust you?"
1.7; "It's a date."
1.8; "Lost in time."
1.9; "Jealousy."
2.0; "I will always choose her."
2.1; "Friendsgiving."
2.2; "Take my hand."
2.3; "Birthday."
2.4; "Lost me forever."
2.5; "Goodbye my lover."
2.6; "Just let it in."
2.8; "New beginning."
2.9; "After all this time."
3.0; "I need you."
3.1; "The love we deserve."
3.2; "Save me."
3.3; "You remember?"
3.4; "Hold me forever."
3.5; "Home is when i'm with you."
3.6; "Sense & Sensibility."
3.7; "I promise."
3.8; "Love changes us."
3.9; "I've got you."
4.0; "Broken."
4.1; "You and me forever."
4.2; "Stay with me."
4.3; "She's my world."
4.4; "Remember me always."
4.5; "Just like yesterday."
4.6; "Back to the start."
4.7; "First date."
4.8; "Let me go."
4.9; "I remember."
5.0; "I love you."

2.7; "Moving on."

5.8K 240 202
By adoringrucas

1 Week Later

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

'The person you are trying to reach is currently unavailable. Please leave a message at the beep.'

Beep.

"Hey, Lucas..." Riley whispered into the phone.

"I know I've called you over a million times already, but I haven't left a voicemail yet and well... I just want you to come home please. I'm so sorry."

She mellowed, trying to restrain herself so she didn't cry.

"Please come back to me."

1 Month Later

"It's me again. About the note, why? Why can't you tell me? Is it because you don't trust me? All I've done is trust you. But you're still not here, and I'm so w-worried about you, I just need to know that you're okay." Riley spoke into the phone delicately.

"Please come back."

2 Months Later

"You've been gone for two months, Lucas. Two months!" Riley cried, holding the necklace close in her hands. She had been trying to convince herself to move on, but it's been too hard.

But she's trying, she just needs to know that Lucas is okay. That's all she wants to know. She knows that he practically hates her now, but she can finally move on, she can finally feel relief once she finds out that he's okay. Then she will let him have what he wants, to be alone, to be gone.

"I trusted you." She whispered. "I-I've been trying to forget about you, but it's so damn impossible. I just don't understand why you had to leave, if it was completely my fault I can't even begin to tell you how much that destroys me. Why can't you just come back? You don't have to be harsh about everything. We can figure this out." She retorted vitally.

"Just trust me."

Riley asked gently, before hanging up the phone.

3 Months Later

"This is about, what? The fiftieth voicemail I've left you? Because you won't answer. You won't answer me. You won't talk to me. You won't come back to me. Just stay safe, please. Please come back to me.."

4 Months Later

R I L E Y

I stood at my locker, before the bell rang for the last time today. I checked my phone, to see if I had any messages or calls, like I always do.

But there were none, like usual. Something I was completely used too.

I pulled out my notebook, turning to a certain page.

4 months,

16 weeks,

124 days.

He's been gone that long. Which has actually felt like 2 years, time just seems to go by so slow now and I hated that.

I looked over, staring at a photo of the two of us, laughing, being happy. Together, at the same place in the same time. A week before everything happened.

"When he moves back, it will just be the beginning of our love story." I heard a sneer from behind me.

I turned around, Missy knew I've been vulnerable these past few months, she used it to her advantage.

"If you think he's coming back, then you're truly as dumb as I've always thought you were." I spat, not wanting to deal with this bullshit. I snatched the picture out of my locker, shoving it into my pocket before I slammed my locker shut, pushing past her and outside of the school doors.

I've been really closed up these past months, me and Maya haven't been as close but that's been my fault. I haven't talked about it since that day that he left, and she's been wanting me to open up but everytime I get defensive and close up.

I haven't been myself.

I walked down the stairs mellowly, but I suddenly felt someone grab my arm. I turned my head, to see Zay.

"Zay?" I suddenly asked, confused. Zay's been taking it slightly better than I have, which I truly envy him for that.

"We need to talk." He said, voice stern. Zay wasn't one to always sound serious, so I knew that this was truly serious. I gave him a slight nod, before we walked over to a tree, in front of the school.

I leaned my back against the tree, the slightly warm April breeze brushing against my face.

"What is it?" I bluntly said. Zay ran his fingers through his hair, before looking at me. "You can't just keep doing this." He flat out spoke. I stiffened up.

"I don't want to talk about this." I muttered, beginning to walk off but he grabbed my arm again. "He's not coming back."

I looked at Zay abruptly, "I said I don't want to talk about this."

"You can't do this anymore! We want you to be happy again and you just have to face reality, Riley. He's not coming back, you have to move on, for your own good." Zay exclaimed.

Riley's stomach began to crumble again, as her mind became fuzzy with memories, feelings, heartbreak. Zay was right, and Riley knew it. It's been four months, he isn't going to come back, dammit just face it, Riley!

"I-I have to go." I whispered, gently pulling my arm away from Zay's grasp.

"You'll be okay." Zay said, slightly smiling. I softly nodded.

Then, I ran. Ran off to hell who knows where. Anywhere to where I could get my mind off of things. I needed to breathe.

T H I R D * P O V

Riley ended up walking to the park, somewhere she went quite often to clear her mind.

She waltzed over to a pond, plopping down on a rusty old bench as she watched the water flow down the river.

She closed her eyes, knowing what was coming. She cried almost everyday since he left, but the past two weeks have felt sort of numb, lifeless. She hasn't felt anything, happiness, sadness, pain. She buried it all away and built her walls up twenty times high, but Maya and her parents could tell she breaking more each day, because she wasn't letting go. She thought she had before, but she didn't truly. She let him leave, but she didn't let the feelings of him go.

A tear fell from Riley's eyes, before the pain immediately engulfed her.

"I can't do this anymore." She whispered, covering her face with her hands as her tears fell softly. All she wanted was for him to come back, but he wasn't. And she finally admitted it to herself.

'he is not coming back.'

She thought to herself.

She knew what she had to do,

so she pulled out her phone, calling Lucas one last time.

Ring.

Ring.

Rin-

The ringing suddenly stopped, and Rileys heart began to beat. She didn't hear the annoying voice machine like she had heard a million times before, all she heard was silence.

She thought for a moment that Lucas had actually picked up the phone,

little did she know, he actually did.

She thought it was some glitch, since she had called this number so much, so she proceeded to speak, thinking it would probably just go to voicemail.

But he was there, listening, in silence.

"Lucas." Riley whispered, as little droplets of water fell from her eyes. "I can't do this anymore. I can't keep waiting for you to come back, when I know that you won't. I just kept thinking, how can I forget someone who gave me so much to remember?" She lightly chuckled, sadly.

Lucas breathed, not saying a word.

"This is the last time I'm going to call you," Riley closed her eyes tightly, as she held the phone close. What she was about say would be the most painful thing, but she had too.

"I care about you, Lucas... which is why I have to let you go."

She spoke, as she cried.

"Say something." She whispered. She didn't know if he could hear her or not, she didn't know that he could.

Lucas held the phone close to him, feelings the tears form in his eyes.

"If you can hear me, I just want you to know that I never hated you. I never have.. and I never will. I always had hope for you." She breathed.

A tear fell from Lucas's eyes, as he started at a photo of Riley in his hands.

"Goodbye, Lucas."

Riley whispered, letting the silence linger a little bit longer, before she hung up.

One last tear fell from Riley's eyes, before she stood up, bending down and placing the photo of her and Lucas down into the water, wiping her last tear. The weight of the world was lifted off of her shoulders,

She finally let go,

She's finally ready to become a new her,

She's finally moved on.

>>>>>>>

A/N: THIS WAS SO FREAKING HARD TO WRITE MY HEART IS BREAKING OKAY NO OTHERS WORDS THAT I CAN SAY I JUST I JUST CANT EVEN RIGHT NOW.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

327K 6.8K 70
"𝐈𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐧." 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: 𝐈 𝐝𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐆𝐢𝐫�...
14.7K 188 27
Elena always found her childhood best friend attractive but she didn't know she had feelings for him till he started dating her best friend so she ha...
9.4K 355 16
Riley and Lucas thought they'd be together forever. They fell in love in high school, got engaged in college, married a year later, and by the time t...
60.2K 2.7K 24
❝ i'm chasing roller coasters. i've got to have you closer now. endless romantic stories; you never could control me. ❞ © httpriarkle | 2017 rewrit...