Color Blind

By 24_7_dreamer

Evangeline and Jayden come from two different worlds. Evangeline is poor and can count on many people. Jayden... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue
Problems.

Chapter 40

197 12 0
By 24_7_dreamer

You're my right hand
You're my go to
Tell me everything about you
That's a bold move
I know you're out here
And there's things you gotta go through
Just know that these streets just don't love you like I do
And they never will
Right Hand~Drake

Jayden's POV

"What are you doing here?" I look at the man, who long ago stoped being my dad.

"I just came to have a nice conversation with my son." he shrugs.

"I am not your son."

"You're right about that. When you started to date that nigger-"

"Don't you dare call her that!" I interrupt him.

"I can call that low life bitch anything I want."

"You got the nerve to call somebody else a low life, when you're the lowest one there is."

"Ever since you've been with that whore-"

"Don't you fucking call her that!"

"And what the fuck are you going to do about it?"

"You don't want to find out."

"Oh, I don't? You're funny. My little boy thinks that he can do something to me."

"I beat yo ass that day in Belle and I'll do it again."

"You know I always liked you more than your sister."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

He ignores me like I didn't say anything, "When we went to public places she would try to talk, wave, or many other things with the black people around us, but never you. That's why I liked you way more. Now, I hate the both of you. Both of you have turned into nigger loving bastards. We should have aborted the both of you when we had the chance."

"What do you want?" Evangeline speaks up.

"I wasn't talking to the black trash, now was I?"

"I told you not to fucking talk to her that way!"

"I'm going to call that black bitch-"

Before he could finish his sentence, I charged at him, knocking us both on the ground. I lean up and punch him in his face constantly. Soon, he flips us over and he begins to punch me.
I push him off of me and I stand up. He gets up and I notice that he has blood coming from his nose. He spits and it comes out red.

"Well, you have one hell of a punch." he wipes his nose before charging towards me.

I move out of the way and he falls on the ground. I get on top of him and one again, constantly punch him in the face. After a while I stop punching him and I stand up.

"Are you okay?" I go to Evangeline.

"Me? You're the one that just got into a fight. Not me."

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just-"

"Jayden watch out!" Evangeline pushes me out of the way.

I look and see that my dad was about to hit me. He sees that I'm not there any more and he decides to go after Evangeline. He looks at her and slaps her in the face. Being who she is, Evangeline doesn't waist any time before she punches him back in the face.

"You little bitch!" he goes to punch her.

I run into him and I drag him to the ground. I start to punch him again, but this time I don't plan on stopping until he either is unconscious or he stops breathing.

"Jayden, stop! You're going to kill him if you don't!" Evangeline tries to pull me off of him.

"That's what I want. He doesn't deserve to be on this earth." I continue to punch him.

"Please, Jayden, stop." she grabs my shoulder.

With that I stop and get off of him. I look down at him and his face is completely bloody. I feel my hand throb, but I don't pay it any attention. I instantly pull Evangeline into a hug.

"I'm so sorry, baby." I kiss her head.

"You have nothing to be sorry about." she hugs me tighter.

"I never wanted you in this. I should have dealt with my parents a long time ago. Now you got hit and called names."

"It is not your fault. Do not blame yourself."

"Evangeline I have to tell you something."

"What?"

"It's the reason why we were-" I stop when I feel a sharp object go through my side.

I look down and see a knife in me. My dad is on his knees holding onto the knife with a malicious smile on his face. I look into the eyes of the man I once thought was my father, and see these icy, black eyes full of hate.

"Jayden!" Evangeline screams.

She kicks my dad in the face, causing him to fall back, his head hitting the ground hard. I look and see that he is knocked out. I slowly start to fall on the ground before Evangeline helps me to lay down.

"I'm cold." I shiver.

"Hold on." Evangeline leaves and then comes back with the blanket.

She wraps me in it and lays next to me while holding me. I grab her hand and look into her eyes. She picks up her phone and dials 9-1-1.

"Yes, I have an emergency. I don't know my exact location, but my boyfriend's been stabbed and his dad is unconscious. Can you please just get help."

"Evangeline."

"Shh."

"No, I have to tell you this."

"Tell me what?"

"I love you."

"I love you, too." she kisses me.

"I should've told you a long time ago."

"It's okay. At least you said it."

"Before I die-"

"Don't talk like that."

"But it's true."

"No it's not. I already lost my mama and my brother, I can't lose you too."

"I don't want you to, but-" I gasp.

"Shh, it's alright. You're going to be okay." she rubs my head.

I feel her tears hit my face as she lays with me. I wipe a tear from her cheek and kiss her soft lips.

"I love you, remember that." I look in her eyes.

"I love you too. You're gonna be okay."

I smile at her, "No I'm not."

"Jayden, don't talk like that."

"I love you." I say once again.

The last thing I hear is Evangeline telling me she loves me and the sirens not to far away. I give her one last kiss, before I black out.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

Jayden got stabbed. And his dad (or lack thereof) hitting Evangeline. At least you know that she ain't no punk.

So, the QOTC is

What is your worst fear?

My worst fear, is myself. I feel like I may be the cause of me not moving forward or me not finding love. I don't trust easily so that holds me back.

This book is coming to an end in about 4-5 chapters.

Thanks for reading

Love

Dreamer

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 233 16
They say two broken people can't heal each other. But who says we can't try? I promise to love you unconditionally As long as you promise to always...
201K 8.9K 102
joey birlem; her light of her life, the color in her black and white movie, her shoulder to cry on, her smile, and most importantly, her other lung. ...
220K 6.4K 34
Her insecurities started off with her skin and ended with her insides. Read to find out more.
6.7K 418 13
𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 : ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇꜱɪʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ, ᴇꜱᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟʟʏ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ᴏʀ ᴜɴᴡɪꜱᴇ.