Love Thaws: Melting

By ElizabethNewsom

Three years have passed since Elsa was taken, since Jack vowed to find her. Both of them change over the cour... More

Men Don't Blush
Memories Best Forgotten
A Good Night's Sleep
A New Name
A New Home
A New Job
Trust
What Could Never Be
Red Roses
Fear of Melting
A Monster
Into Her Heart
I'm Fine
Lavender
Warmth
Inevitable
Protective
Damsel in Distress
Fearless
Ever Changing
Hide N' Seek
Grieving
My Sunshine
Warmer
An Adventure
Will You Be My Snowflake?
Captive
Visiting Elsewhere
The Same Sister
Never Let Go
Pain
Longing
Loving Him Back
Clueless
Dependent
Mashed Potatoes
Uncontrollable Emotions
The Past is in the Past
Cold
Hopeless
Good Bye
Control
Unintentionally
With All of My Heart
Peppermint-Flavored Kisses
Silent Vows and Unspoken Promises
Can Run, Can't Hide
Buried
Turning Tables
Dying Embers
Optimistic
A Better Idea
Surrounded
Barely Breathing
Critical
Too Late
The Ice Queen's Gambit
Nostalgia
Please Don't Take My Sunshine Away
Gone
Love Thaws
Acknowledgments

Soft and Sweet

340 26 4
By ElizabethNewsom

A/N: I'll be posting a few extra chapters today. Partially because I've missed to many, partially because it's a late Christmas present :)

Bright golden sunlight streamed into the room, bathing everything in a cheery golden glow.

Jack tenderly kissed her forehead. "Good morning."

"Morning," she whispered.

Elsa tried to stretch, but she realized Jack had her cradled to the side of his body; her head rested in the crook of his arm. She blinked several times, clearing the sleep from her eyes. Jack gently caressed her face, pressing soft kisses to her forehead. She closed her eyes, committing the feel of his kisses to memory. His hand slipped behind her neck and he pulled her to him, holding her close. The soothing, spicy scent of peppermint enveloped her. She placed her hand on his broad chest, feeling the steady thump-thump of his heart. She clenched the fabric of his shirt, willing him to stay with her forever, before burying her head into his chest. 

"Hey," Jack murmured, pulling back slightly to peer into her face. "It's okay."

Elsa blinked rapidly, clearing the tears gathering in her eyes. She swallowed and glanced downwards, avoiding his gaze. Out of her peripheral vision, she saw Jack's azure eyes watching her intently.

"Happy Thanksgiving."

She turned towards him, confused. "Thanksgiving?"

Jack nodded and twirled a tendril of her hair around his finger. "It's today."

"Oh. Happy Thanksgiving."

Jack's azure eyes sparkled. He leaned closer. His warm breath ghosted across her face. "Do you know what I'm thankful for?"

Elsa inhaled sharply and drew away. How much more of her heart could he steal? She absent-mindedly placed a hand over her chest. Her breath hitched when HE placed his hand over hers. She couldn't seem to breathe as his eyes locked with hers, as if he were delving into her depths, reading every thought. Elsa trembled, suddenly feeling vulnerable. He eased closer and ran his fingers through her silky, platinum-blond hair.

"What?" she asked softly.

He smiled gently. "You."

He lightly touched her cheek, making tingles course through her body. She scooted farther away, her heart fluttering against her chest.

Jack sat up and easily closed the distance between them. "Why are you running?"

Elsa put more space between them. "I'm not running. I'm scooting."

Jack smirked, moving closer. "Sure."

Elsa huffed. She moved a few more inches. She let out a surprised squeak when Jack wrapped his arms around her and the two rolled off of the bed in a tangled heap. Elsa landed flat on his chest, his body cushioning her fall. Elsa gasped, becoming hot all over. She splayed her hands and tried to push herself off of him.

"Excuse me," she murmuring, blushing hotly.

Jack wrapped his arms around her, pulling her back on top of his chest. 

She stifled a gasp. 

"Wait, I like you right where you are."

"Jack," she scolded, vainly trying to escape.

"Just for a few... minutes. Or hours."

"Jack!" She looked up into his face, glaring at him the best she could.

He showered kisses over her upturned face. His lips were warm and firm, yet achingly gentle.

Elsa trembled and hid her face in his chest. At this rate, she wouldn't have any heart left. "Stop it Jack." Her voice was muffled by his chest.

He chuckled and ran his fingers along the curve of her spine, making Elsa shiver.

"Are you saying you don't like it when I kiss you?" he asked, sounding playfully offended.

Elsa hesitated, wondering if he'd stop if she told him yes. "Yes?"

"Alright, then. Let's make a deal."

She frowned slightly. What did Jack have in mind? "What kind of... deal?"

She could hear the smile in Jack's voice, though she didn't dare look up at him again. "It's simple. I'm going to kiss you and all you have to do is not kiss me back."

Her cheeks began to burn, and Elsa suspected they'd turned a bright shade of pink. "That's not fair."

"Hey, if you don't like me kissing you, you shouldn't have any trouble not kissing back."

"Jack," she growled. Elsa placed her splayed palms on his chest and tried to untangle herself again.

Jack tugged her back down. "Hey, you're not getting away that easily."

"Jack, I-I promised Anna I'd help her bake."

"Anna can wait."

Elsa continued to squirm in his grip. He rolled over her, pinning her beneath him. He smiled pleasantly, which Elsa returned with a scathing glare. 

She had the feeling he was enjoying this. "Jack!"

He pressed a sweet kiss to her neck. "Hmm?"

Her heart raced, pounding in her chest. She clenched her jaw. How did he always manage to make her so... powerless? "Jack, please." Her voice trembled slightly.

His gaze bored into her. He was silent for a few moments. His expression finally softened. He firmly pressed his lips against her forehead. "Alright," he murmured against her soft skin. Jack slowly eased off of her.

A wave of bereftness crashed around Elsa. She untangled herself from Jack and sat up. For a moment, she was at a loss for words. "Thank you," she finally managed.

Jack nodded, his gaze riveted on her. She held his gaze for a moment longer before practically running to the closet, trying to break the hypnotic enchantment that seemed to draw her to him. Elsa tried to put thoughts of Jack out of her mind as she selected her clothing. 

She picked up a pale blue sweater, which hugged her waist and had a shallow 'v' in the front. She held it to her chest, remembering that Jack had chosen that for her. She tossed it back into the closet. Elsa hesitated for a few seconds and picked it up again, sighing inwardly. She selected a cute white belt to cinch around her waist. She was about to select her favorite pair of jeans, but paused. Hadn't Anna said something about men liking skirts? Elsa selected a slim white skirt, unable to help herself. 

She changed in the bathroom. She lifted her hand to her hair, preparing to twirl it into a bun, but hesitated. Jack seemed to like it down. Elsa let out a loud sigh and leaned her hip against the bathroom counter. She bit her lip uncertainly. Today was Thanksgiving. If she were going to dress up any day, today would be the day. She grabbed a pair of black flats on the way out of the room. Jack wasn't there. She wondered where he'd gone.

"Anna?!"

"Coming!" Anna hurried down the hallway. She raised her eyebrows. "You're dressed nicely. Did you and Jack make up? Or is this some sort of thing to make him want you?"

Elsa coughed. "What?!"

Anna plunked her hands on her hips. "Is Jack treating you well?"

Elsa raised an eyebrow, wondering where this was coming from. "Yes... Why?"

"Well, I just heard you crying the other night and—"

"Oh. That." Elsa sighed. "It's a long story."

Anna grabbed her wrist and opened the door to her room, tugging Elsa behind her. "Great. You can tell me the story and I'll do your hair." Without giving Elsa a chance to argue, Anna seated her in front of the mirror and pulled out a purple straightener. "So?"

Elsa pursed her lips, wondering if she should involve Anna. Anna leaned against the counter, waiting. 

"Well... Jack doesn't want to marry me," she blurted.

Anna blinked several times. "WHAT?! I thought you were already married!"

Elsa flinched. "I mean... after this settles down. He doesn't want to be permanently married. Well, he does, but—"

"Elsa. You aren't making sense."

Elsa inhaled deeply. "Alright. Jack doesn't want this marriage. He wants another, permanent marriage."

Anna frowned. "With who?"

Elsa shrugged dejectedly and stared at her lap.

Anna let out a huff. "Well, we'll make him wish you were his forever." She began to run her brush through Elsa's long tresses, a determined look on her face.

xxxxxxxx

Jack heard soft footsteps. He inhaled, smelling something sweet and minty. "Hey, Elsa."

"Hi." She sounded rather aloof.

Jack stifled a sigh, sure that he would never understand Elsa. She walked until she stood next to him. Her arm brushed his, making warmth spread from his arm into his chest. He kept his gaze trained on the pan of sweet potatoes in front of him that he was preparing. He turned towards her, his breath catching. 

Her hair had been loosely curled, sections of it pinned back from her face. She wore light makeup, enhancing her already beautiful features. His gaze was drawn to her lips, which were glossy and pink. He glanced downwards. She wore a pretty blue top, which complimented her figure beautifully. He vaguely remembered buying it for her when they'd gone shopping. She wore a cute white skirt, drawing his gaze to her long, smooth legs. 

His mouth went dry as he glanced back at her face. What was she all dressed up for? His hands trembled with the need to hold her. He cleared his throat and forced his gaze back to the sweet potatoes in front of him, completely forgetting what he was supposed to do next.

"Do you know where the aprons are?" It took him a few seconds to translate her pretty, melodic voice into words.

"I... am not sure." Jack doubted his ability to think at all when she was so close.

"I'll ask Kristoff."

She began to walk away. No! Without thinking, his snatched her delicate wrist. She froze, turning towards him. Her bright blue eyes sparkled softly in the light. He just needed to have her close. Jack didn't know if he could survive unless they made this marriage permanent. With a sharp tug, he pulled her to his chest, wrapping his arms around her waist. 

A sense of possessiveness came over him. He wanted to have her in his arms for the rest of his life. His grip on her tightened and he rested his forehead on her neck. She smelled faintly of perfume. Elsa shivered in his arms. He ran his fingers through her soft curls. He grasped a fistful and brushed it along his cheek. She was so sweet and soft. Gentle warmth coursed through his body. He remembered earlier when Elsa had begged him not to kiss her. He rested his forehead against hers. She glanced up at him with wide, beautiful blue eyes, her lips slightly parted. He inhaled deeply, his breath ragged. He tried to communicate with his eyes what he couldn't bring himself to say. If he said it, he knew he'd be lost forever, crushed when she left him. He tenderly cupped his face with both of his hands. She was so beautiful. So amazing. And he loved her. He closed his eyes, willing himself not to touch her soft, sweet lips with his. For her sake. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.1K 717 40
A fanfic story about Jelsa. There will be extra love stories about: •Avatar the last air bender •Harry Potter •Naruto •Fairy Tail •One Piece •Hotel T...
31.7K 976 37
C O M P L E T E D Highest Ranking #1 in Jelsa 19/12/20 Jack Overland Frost is Frost High's major bad boy, and just so happens to be the Headmasters'...
12K 336 26
What if Manny and his wife had a beautiful child that had the powers of ice and snow? How do you think Jack Frost will take it? Will he like her or d...
6.3K 161 16
Elsa, she's the queen, her kingdom accepts her, her relationship with her sister could never be better. One night when a nightmare disrupts her, she...