Been That Way (Kelly Oubre se...

By eazy_breezy

(Sequel to Mystery Over History) ~ I wanna know how we became so distant girl The way we fell in love it was... More

Say That Shít
Cake
Watch Your Mouth
Pretty Wings
Back To Sleep
Fumble
Losin'
Y.A.S
Right My Wrongs
The Wrong One
Sure Thing
Let Em' Know
Chill
21 Questions
Ashley
What A Life
Matter
London Bridge
Déjà Vu
Trequel

Downhill

2.8K 100 53
By eazy_breezy

Melena top left, Dallas middle left, Kyron and Saint bottom left, Kelly and Cari middle, Cordell top right, Jayda middle right, and Jordyn bottom right

It's time we stop playing,

I hear what you're saying,

It's time we got the cushion out,

Both of us we feel it,

And about now we need it

~ Cari ~

I heard my phone vibrate on the nightstand and I turned and picked it up, glancing at the name before declining.

I turned it off and resumed the position I was in before, with my arm over the twins so they wouldn't roll.

Karma's foot was jabbed to my hip but I didn't mind cause at least I knew she was there, and Kaelan's legs were on top of mine since she slept at the foot of the king sized bed.

I felt in the same position as Jordyn. The only difference was, I had plenty of money saved because Kelly paid and kept me and the kids with everything we needed.

My mind flooded with thoughts of the one and only him, and wondered why, when, and how we just fell apart.

The sun seeped through the hotel window, letting me know I unintentionally stayed awake all night.

I sighed, sitting up and letting my legs dangle and resting my elbows on the tops of my knees, with my palms to my forehead.

After gathering myself, I got out of bed and turned my phone on and setting my phone on the floor so the sounds of the notifications wouldn't be annoying.

I went in the overly stuffed suitcase and got the kids and my clothes and toiletries out of it.

"Karma," I hummed, picking her up.

Her tired eyes fluttered open and I carried her into the bathroom to get her ready for school.

"C'mon, you know what to do," I put her down on the cold tiled bathroom floor, and nudged her to the shower.

"Where's daddy?" she asked turning it on and taking off her blue night gown.

"He's a little sick, and we don't want you guys to catch anything."

"We'd be fine." she shrugged, getting into the heated shower.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face quickly and once Karma was done with her shower, we switched places.

After I was done and went in the room with a towel around me, I noticed Jayda calling and I picked my phone up off the floor and answered it.

"Get dressed," I told Kar and she did as told.

"Hello?" I cleared my throat.

"Are you okay? Where are you?"

"I... left," I shrugged not knowing how else to explain it.

"You coulda came and stayed with us? Where are you?"

"Did Kelly go over your house last night?"

"Yeah an-"

"That's why I didn't. Because I have nothing to say to him."

"What happened to y'all?"

"I'll tell you later. I gotta get the kids dressed. Bye," I hung up.

I put on one of my many uniforms, which consisted of scrubs and my color for them today was forest green, with a thin grey cardigan, and bulky tennis shoes.

I bathed the twins last night, before they went to bed, but Kaelan wanted to be hard headed and not take one.

I woke up Kae and told her to take a shower as I began getting Knight and Kannon dressed.

"No," Kaelan crossed her arms.

"I'm serious Kae. Go take a bath," I ordered, slipping the pink dress on Knight.

"No."

I disgruntled, knowing she was only doing this to me and there was never this big of an argue if Kelly asked her too.

"Kaelan Camilla Oubre get in the tub now or you're getting your ass beat."

She sighed, getting down from the bed and going into the bathroom, and doing like I said.

I rolled my eyes. Usually if I had work which was always four days of the week, I was only responsible for Karma and Kelly handled the rest and took them to the daycare next to my hospital before he went to practice.

After the twins were dressed, I sat Karma between my legs on the floor while I was on the bed so I could do her hair and I got a call from Kelly, and answered it, putting it on speaker.

"Where the hell are you?" he grumbled and I laughed.

"First of all, your kids are listening. Second... no estamos en buenos términos," I said, putting Karma's hair in a halo braid.

I taught him that little bit of Spanish a year ago so he'd know that we aren't on good terms, but the kids wouldn't.

"Look I get that but don't you ever take my kids and not tell me where y'all going,"

I tapped the end button as Kaelan came out the bathroom and ran to me in a hurry.

"Daddy!" she screamed looking at the black screened phone. "Noo," she pouted.

"You'll see him later, he's sick." Karma stood, unfazed.

"Shut up," Kae gritted.

"You shut up and stop whining." she went back into the bathroom.

"Get dressed," I handed her jeans and a long sleeved tee.

She side eyed me before putting on her clothes and I lazily put her hair in a quick ponytail as Kelly called me back and I answered it.

"Look what you said last night really has me rethinking us, and I don't have anything remotely nice to say, so fall back." I hung up.

"Oo the sass," Karma snapped her fingers.

I carried the twins and made Karma and Kaelan walk in front of me as we went to and down the elevator and to my charcoal gray Range Rover, Kelly got me for Valentine's Day.

I took the eldest to school and the other three to the day care beside and owned by the hospital I worked at.

"He really said that?" Jayda's mouth dropped as we roamed the cold, eggshell colored halls.

"I'm done," I laughed on the brink of tears. "That bitch Melena can have him cause I'm not putting up with his shit any more."

"What if neither of the kids are his," she shrugged.

"If he's still acting this way then I don't care." I said feeling my phone vibrate.

Nick: Come to the station

"I gotta go, see you later." I told her as I began my journey to where Nick told me to go.

My face fell, seeing Kelly posted with his arms crossed next to the nurses station.

"You do not come to job-"

"Apparently I have to speak some sense into yo hard headed ass,"

"I'm not Karma, Kaelan, Knight, or Kannon. Don't talk to me like that."

He grabbed my wrists and walked to a unisex bathroom and closed and locked the door.

"You don't understand what you did-"

"I felt disrespected so I left." I crossed my arms as he stood in front of the door.

"You took your ring off, and left with my kids. I don't care if world war three was happening in the backyard. Do not do that shit,"

"Fine, we were at a hotel," I reached for the door and he stepped in front of the handle.

"And you're coming home tonight, and that ring is back on your finger."

"I'll come home," I shrugged.

"It's not over," he chuckled.

"Don't you got a bitch to attend to?"

"I got four kids," he mocked my voice "And a wife."

"Alright look Mr. Bipolar. You are not about to pick and choose when you wanna be good to me. I'm tired of your bull, and until you get yourself fully together that ring is staying off and we're separated. Maybe not legally, but don't sleep in the same bed as me and don't worry about what I do."

He licked his lips, and I noticed the irritation in his face before I shoved him out the way, and went back to my shift.

"Alright, let's get this Maury bull moving," Cordell stated.

I looked to my left where Kelly sat, bouncing his foot impatiently with anticipation.

Daija and her daughter, Dallas, sat in the chairs across from us and Brittani and her daughter, Bella, on the love seat to the side, between me and Daija.

"Brittani when it comes to Bella Barnes..." his dark chocolate, hooded eyes scanned the paper. "Kelly you are not the father."

(Brittani runs screaming! Lmfaooooooo. I'm playing I'm playing. Back to the story)

Brittani's teeth gritted before she got up, taking Bella by her hand and storming off, leaving with the classic door slam.

Cordell let out a quick whistle at the stiffness in the air as Daija smirked wickedly.

"Daija's daughter Dallas... Kelly you are the father."

I closed my eyes, trying to unhear what was just spoken and the weight of an imaginary elephant squashed my chest as my heart palpitated.

"Car-"

I stood up before bullshit even got the chance to fly out of Kelly's mouth and I went upstairs.

Before I could close the door Kelly slid through and I backed up.

"There's nothing you can say to me!" I shouted, walking into the bathroom and shutting and locking the door, putting my back to it.

"Cari-" he jiggled the unraveling knob. "Babe let me talk." he banged on the door as if that would make me magically open it.

"There's nothing you can say," my voice cracked, as I slid down until my bum was sitting on the black tiled floor.

"Cari..." he spoke calmly as my face flooded with tears. "I'm sorry okay. I know I ain't been acting right, and now you're finding out that you didn't have my first child, but please know I don't want her, I never did so I sure as hell didn't want her to have my kid."

"If it makes you feel better," I heard Daija's voice as my knees closed in to my chest, placing me in fetal position. "I don't want Kelly. I don't even want him in Dallas's life. We can get this child support settled and I can get the hell on."

"Broke bitch," Kelly mumbled.

The doorbell rung and that could be no other than my mom with the kids and I opened the door, rushing past the both of them and shuffling down the long stairway.

I opened the door to see Karma standing there innocently, and she shot me a smile, making me laugh and pick her up on my hip.

"Why you crying?" she asked, wiping my cheeks with her small hands.

"No reason."

"Is that a lie?" she placed her finger to her chin as I walked outside, my sandal-heeled shoes making noise as it collided with the concrete.

"What's wrong with you?" my mom asked and I shook my head.

"I gotta go. I'm not staying here the night with him. I- I can't." I whispered.

"It's fine, I'll stay the night here with the kids if you want." she said and I kissed Knight and Kannon's cheeks since they were being held by her.

"Daddy!" Kaelan screeched, running into Kelly's arms and he picked her up, kissing her cheek.

I tucked my hair behind my ear, putting Karma down.

"I'll see you later, be a big girl for me okay?" I told her and she nodded, putting her lips to my eyebrow as a kiss.

"Bye Kaelan," I shouted and she ignored me.

I took my keys out my burgundy bomber jacket's bomber and strutted to my car, hopping in and my eyes locked with Kelly's before I backed up and reversed out the driveway.

"Please don't do none stupid," Cordell begged and I gave him a look.

"Like have a kid by someone I don't know. I'm not that stupid," I laughed, looking around the packed club.

"So he has his faults. The man's only human," 'Dell chuckled. "He needs you most right now so do not keep up and leaving the nigga."

"Whatever 'Dell," I rolled my eyes, turning my attention to Jordyn. "How's it going sweet thang?" I giggled.

"Stop," she laughed. "But it's whatever. Amari's with Nai'elah cause she said she'd rather be over there."

Nai'elah loved kids and since she could only have one, that was around Amari's age, and her pregnancies were so high risk, any chance she had to babysit other kids, she took it.

"I'll get her back in the next few days, after I find a place since my mom sent me money." Jordyn explained.

"That guy is checking you out. He kinda fine," I giggled looking at the tall caramel guy with just the right amount of facial hair.

"I don't wanna leave you alone," Jor mumbled.

"I'll be fine, besides I'm trying to try something new," I twisted my lips to the side, staring at one person in particular.

We went our separate ways and I lifted a weak hand, using my index finger to tap their shoulder.

"Hi," I smiled confidently.

"Hey, what's up," I earned a smirk in return.

"My name's Cari, mind if I steal you for the night?"

"Um sure," she smiled, taking my hand and giving a head nod to one of her friends as we wormed into the crowd of dancing people.

"Name's Ashley," she said in my ear.

"Basic, but easy to remember." I shrugged as she turned around and grinded on my front as Mine by Thug blared.

"You wanna... get out of here and go to my place?" she asked as the song ended.

"Uh sure," I shrugged.

I wanted to know what the fuss over pussy was for, so why not?

I drove my car, since according to her, she rode with her friends and she directed me to her small apartment.

I closed my eyes, feeling her slip off my jacket as her tongue gained access to find mine and her hands wandered until we were somehow on the bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cari done swung left! Lmao.

No she isn't about to go gay lol.

I hope you guys enjoyed & thanks for reading💘💞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lonely By DirtyDiana

Teen Fiction

20.6K 475 35
Its been 2 years since the love of Juans life, Jarikah died and he still isn't over it. All he's worried about is taking care of their son Dante and...
43.4K 1.3K 43
Book series in order ♥ { • My Brother Bestfriend } { • This Thing Called Life } { • This is Our Life } [ This Thing Called Life is the sequal to My...
1.3M 36.4K 54
"What you said hurt, asshole. What did you think would happen?" I yell in his face. I'm so angry that I could most definitely shove his face into the...
158K 5.6K 20
Loving Alek came easily. Being indifferent to him was the hard part. If I wanted any chance of surviving this breakup, I needed to get my acting ski...