Saving Durin {Hobbit/Thorin}

Da Patagonian

My following words of yore and spite may shock you to the very core. They acknowledge a fact known to few, a... Altro

Preface
Prologue
Chapter 1: Are they gray panties?
Chapter 2: When I went to Bree to pick up some ladies
Chapter 3: What did the squirrel say? Absolutely nothing.
Chapter 4: 'Cause circles are better than squares
Chapter 5: I am not a cougar, I am a Phoenix
Chapter 6: Cheater-cheater, pumpkin-eater
Chapter 7: That one time when I wasn't sarcastic
Chapter 8: Battle of the Sass
Chapter 9: He calls me savior, "That's not my name!"
Chapter 10: You can find me in the beard
Chapter 11: When in Rivendell, wear a dress
Chapter 12: A heart-to-heart
Chapter 13: The King of Remarkable Pigheadedness
Chapter 14: Gandalf, the satyr
Chapter 15: "One Doesn't Simply" charge Azog without back-up...oh wait..he did.
Chapter 16: When you have nothing else...you have him
Chapter 17: Let's play the question game
Chapter 18: Sleep-overs with orcs...my fave
Chapter 19: DWE...Dwarf Wrestling Entertainment
Chapter 20: That one Lilo and Stitch quote
Chapter 21: Push me one more time, I dare you
Chapter 22: Tea, anyone?
Chapter 23: Rapunzel brings out the best in me
Chapter 24: Leggy's chest hair
Chapter 25: Small-fry
Chapter 26: "King Thranduil is a pansy"
Chapter 27: Is that an olive or...?
Chapter 28: Bonding time with Thorin...and the Valar...in Bard's bathroom
Chapter 29: You can't hide when you're a walking glowstick
Chapter 30: Sorry, I can't hear you over that unibrow
Chapter 31: Saved by the Kili
Chapter 32: Thranduil, the oversized hobbit?
Chapter 33: Dwarf pilates
Chapter 34: He may be crazy, but he's my crazy
Chapter 35: Smaug dominates hide-and-go-seek
Chapter 36: What the heck is a jiffy?
Chapter 37: Pirates of the Kili-bbean: Queen Rue's Revenge
Chapter 38: S.S. Dorkenshield
Chapter 39: Changing fate with Bilbo Baggins
Chapter 40: The dark days of Winter but Spring withheld
Chapter 41: What is Dain's name were you thinking?
Chapter 42: Return of the King
Chapter 43: Infatuation with underpants?
Chapter 44: TMI Gandalf
Chapter 45: The clock runs out
Chapter 46: When we had it all
Chapter 47: Saving Durin
Chapter 48: A love that's sacrificial
Chapter 49: Thorin goes to time-out
Chapter 50: Home is where the heart is
Chapter 51: "Never have I ever," dwarf style
Chapter 52: Knees high!
Chapter 53: Azog's jazz hands
Chapter 54: Ferudian and Kerudian? More like, death at Thorin's hands
Chapter 55: Mrs. Rapunzel
Chapter 56: King and Queen of PDA?
Chapter 57: A seriously long chapter
Chapter 58: 100% done with surprises
Chapter 59: Phoenician Queen? More like drama queen.
Chapter 60: The not-so-Lonely Mountain
Chapter 61: It's not a pink eyebrow, it's a sassy eyebrow
Chapter 62: The newest weight-loss diet...giving birth
Chapter 63: Let there be light
Chapter 64: Family Trees
Chapter 65: Epilogue
Question & Answer
An Extended Scene: I
Extended Scene 2
Extended Scene 4: In honour of 100K
Additional Books

Extended Scene 3

1.1K 54 0
Da Patagonian

Extended scene 3:

It's not a sassy eyebrow, it's a pink eyebrow

~~~~~Thorin Oakenshield's Point of View~~~~~

    The day of Azrilmanan is an important one for my kin, though it falls only two days after the most important day of my life.  Indeed, my wedding was two days prior, on the twenty third of December.  Today, on the twenty-fifth, my people celebrate the founding of this Lonely Mountain home.  By translation, the holiday means "Day of Silver," in reference to the hoards of metal hiding within the crevices of this mountain.  By tradition, snow coated trees line the hallways with silver gilding hanging from the ceilings.  It is a holiday of much cheer, especially at the kingdom-wide feast happening later tonight.

    Part of me bitterly despises the fact that today exists, wishing to spend the rest of eternity in my bed with my new wife, and yet I have duties as a king.  It takes all of my self-control to roll myself out of the bed and away from Erudian who subconsciously clings to me.  I make quick work of dressing in my royal garb, cursing and grumbling under my breath the whole time.  My self-control dwindles as I lock my eyes onto her sleeping form, her creamy skin lying beneath the sheets and silk hair splayed across the pillow.  And thus, I shove myself into the bathroom to wash my face before I go to waking her up.

    The surprise that meets my eyes is nothing that I could ever have expected, but it does get my mind off Erudian.  Instead of my thick dark eyebrows, my eyebrow has transformed, almost magically into hot pink hair.  It baffles me to great extent, knowing that only Erudian could have done this, given the lock on our door.  But at the same time, I wonder when she could have carried out this plan.  After all, we've been busy these past two days.

    However, the matter can wait until later, as I have to ensure the feast is ready for tonight.  I move quickly through the room, leaving a soft kiss on Rue's forehead and prompting her to grumble something.  I chuckle silently at this before unlocking the door and leaving the room.

My booted feet lazily walk the hallways of my lost and returned home, seeing very few people, which I am grateful for.  With every corner I turn, trees peek down the hallways and songs of dwarven lore whisper in my ears.  The torches and ethereal sunlight shine on the silver adornments, stirring within my heart, an overflow of Azrilmanan spirit.  It is a beautiful and happy day.

    I pace through the throne room far too quickly, raising my hand to hide the pink hair on my face.  Clans of dwarven kin, as well as human families, gather around the throne, though I will not be sitting on it today.  I do not blame them for congregating here, as this room is of incredible beauty, with high, stone ceilings, lanky bridges and a green hue to the light.  Honestly, it looks more like an ethereal throne room than that of dwarves.

I make my way from this room and to the Grand Hall where thousands will be gathering tonight.  Servants already shuffle around in preparations, keeping their eyes from my face, and for that I am grateful.  The only person I recognize is Balin who sends me a questioning look, and to which I only shrug.  I have no idea why my eyebrow is pink, but it is humiliating to be sure.

After reassuring that the preparations will be completed by tonight's feast, I leave the room once more, following my path back towards the throne room.  I need to wake Erudian for today's breakfast with the Company, and the official end of our honeymoon.  But walking into the throne room, I find no need to do this, seeing my wife across the hall and looking towards the other creatures in the room.

"Rue!" I shout, alerting her and the others of my presence in the room.  My feet practically run towards her, both wishing to hold her to me and question her about my eyebrow.  I cannot show up to the feast tonight looking like this.

    "Uh-oh," I hear her mumble with a slight cringe, but viewing the others turn away for our privacy.  It is in that moment that I realize this eyebrow is more significant than I thought, as well as her innocence in colouring it this way.

"Would you like to explain why my right eyebrow is pink?" I growl, feeling exhaustion and worry hit me at the same time.  Surely, no one can blame me for being grumpy after awaking to a discoloured eyebrow.

"I think I'll pass, Mister Grumpy-Pants," she responds with a smirk, knowing that she has all the power in this situation.  Obviously, I am not a morning person, whereas Erudian is.  And thus, we often clash heads in the early hours of day.

"Please?" I beg, reasoning that she knows why my eyebrow is magenta.  I am no longer angry at her, but irritated with this morning.

"No," she responds with a larger smirk, walking away from me and towards Erebor's sitting room.  I follow after her like a lost mule, reaching out to grab her hand and turning her towards me.  My eyes reach out to hers, widened in my plea.

"Please?" I ask again, but with greater emotion.  I know this look always works on her, and today is no different as she huffs at me in irritation.

"Well...I guess I will, seeing as I'm in a good mood," she responds with wariness, dragging out the surprise to irritate me. I growl at her, before gesturing with my hand for her to continue.

"I'm pregnant," she whispers, stopping my heart as her breath flows against my ear.  I stumble back in surprise at her words, breathless and stunned as she smiles softly at me.

"You're pregnant?" I whisper loudly in surprise.  My eyes widen as I come into the realization that not only am I a husband, but a father.  It's enough to stop me in my tracks, practically frozen to the cold floors of Erebor's throne room.

"Yes, with your child," she respond with a larger smile.  My joy starts my heart back up and crosses my face as the largest smile I have ever expressed reaches my cheeks.  My eyes sparkle with poignant happiness at the confession, rushing to envelop her in my arms of ardent love.  I swing her small body, soon to be larger, around in a circle, her laugh of beautiful joviality singing in my ear.  I pay no attention to the others in the room, staring at my One as I imagine the future family of our own.

    "I think this is the happiest day of my life!  Did everyone hear that?  I'm having a child!  An heir!" I yell, failing to release Erudian from my arms, but lowering her slightly so that her feet hang above the ground.  The other people in the room stare upon us with confusion, as the room distorted my voice before reaching their ears.  Erudian shakes her head at my excitement, but I know that she feels the same way.

"Does the pink mean it's a girl?" I ask excitedly, referring to my bright magenta eyebrow.  She laughs at the strange colouring on my face, as the whole colour contrasts strongly with my serious demeanor.  My arms fall from her waist, one of my hands winding into her fingers as my other brushes and rests upon her lower abdomen.  It feels slightly firmer than yesterday, and soon their will be a clear bump.  My thumb brushes through the fabric, wishing to hold my child in my arms right now.

"Sadly, it does not.  The right eyebrow turns pink for all Phoenician men with pregnant wives.  Do you wish for a girl?" she responds, moving her finger to brush through my pink eyebrow.

"More than anything, though I am grateful to have any children," I respond with a large grin, looking down at her stomach where my hand rests idly.  "A girl would just mean another you, and that would be the best thing to ever happen to me."

"Well, I hope it is a female, in that case, as all I can wish for is your happiness," she replies with a sweet smile as I stare heartily at her.  "I could do with another Thorin, but only if he's less stubborn.  Valar forbid he's as bad you."

I can only laugh at her comment, pulling her hand down with mine so that she can feel her stomach as my hand rests upon hers.  I stare into her eyes with such passion, our foreheads leaning against each other as we mentally express our love.

"Wait--why isn't your eyebrow pink?" I ask, pulling away to brush my hand through her darker eyebrows.  My palm rests upon her cheek, prompting Rue to lean into my touch as I stare at her with curiosity.  I am an extremely curious dwarf after all, but I will never admit this to anyone.

    "I'm the mother," she answers vaguely, not appeasing my curiosity in the slightest.  My eyebrows lower in confusion, only emphasizing the colors further.

"And...?" I drawl, circling my hand in the air in a sign for her to elucidate upon her words.  I am surprised that the company has yet to interrupt our moment, seeing as we have sat entirely alone for fifteen minutes.

"I already have to carry the child, which is torture enough," she explains, prompting me to grunt in understanding. Truly, I feel for women since they have to carry children, but not enough to prevent my want for a family.

"How long will it last?" I continue my questioning, and understandably so, seeing as we have never conversed on this before.  Erudian furrows her eyebrows in confusion, seeing as her typical vagueness has rubbed off on me.

"The pregnancy or the eyebrow?" she asks in her confusion, leaving me to do the same.  I guess I was referring to the pregnancy, but I am not too sure anymore. 

"Both, I guess," I respond, finally pulling her hand so as to lead her towards the awaiting Company in the sitting room.  Our footsteps radiate through the airy chambers, hands interlocked at my side and my hand absent from her stomach.

"Few weeks for the brow to fade and eight months until I am full term," she responds, as if trained in the matter of pregnancy.  If I am correct in my calculations, the child should arrive by the cessation of the July month, which means full term pregnancy in summer.  It will be hard on Erudian, but I am sure that I can find a way to ease her pain.

    On a sudden whim, I pull Erudian into my chest as we stand to the side of the sitting room's entrance.  Coming over her surprise, she embraces me back, listening into my calmed heartbeat as I lay my head on hers.  I pull away with a gentle and loving smile, which she quickly and easily mirrors.

"Merry Azrilmanan, Thorin Oakenshield," she tells me with that beautiful smile of hers.  This is truly the greatest present I could ever have wished for: immortality with the love of my life and with a family on the way.  My smile widens at this notion, planting a soft kiss on her lips and with the love I hold for her.

"Happy Azrilmanan, my love," I respond once I pull away.  I crouch down on one knee in front of my wife so that I face her stomach.  Laying a kiss on this area, I mumble a quick "And to you, my child."

So with the season that gave me my home, I find myself pulled deeper into homeliness.  No longer am I the lost prince of Erebor, the one who lost his family.  No longer am I singular ruler over my people.  Now, I am the King Over the Flames, King Under the Mountain, friend, family, husband, and father.  I have all that I could need: a home, a family, and love.  And perhaps, that is the true magic of Azrilmanan.

~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~

Hello readers! So here's obviously my favorite extended scene. Originally, I meant to go in sequential order with these posts, but I just had to post this Christmas chapter on Christmas...it's only natural.

I have a new book, for those of you who do not know, called Endotherm. It's also a Thorin Oakenshield fanfiction, and I'd greatly appreciate it if you check it out.

Thank you for all that you do as readers! Your daily votes and comments are the Christmas gifts I wished for. I hope you all are having wonderful days and a holiday season.

Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah! Happy Kwanzaa!

xoxo

Patagonian

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

127K 6K 35
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...
460K 13.9K 97
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
1.9M 85.4K 192
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
1.1M 35.8K 62
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...