Fate (Niall Horan - Completed)

By ihycynthiaa

She's used to staying at home, studying, reading and writing. He's used to being on tour, girls screaming his... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THRITY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THRITY THREE
THRITY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FOURTY THREE

THIRTY EIGHT

9.5K 172 104
By ihycynthiaa

5 More Chapters until the end of this book! x

Sam comes back and as if he knew, he has a chair with him and places it next to me and Niall.

"Anyway! Let's play Mafia!!" Peter stands up to get the cards

"Okay. Who has never played mafia before?" I ask. Niall and Hannah raise their hands. Mafia is the game that we always play on parties. Always. It doesn't matter if it's not one of our parties, we play it even when we're guest at someone else's party. And since it's not even afternoon, this isn't considered a party anyways. I guess it's more like a friends reunion and we all drink coke or ice tea.

"Okay. So, there are two Mafia who kill one person each night and there is one nurse who can help the dead person and bring he or she back to life and there's the cop who is allowed to know who bad is or good, which the game master, Ethan, will tell him by a thumbs up or down. You're not allowed to tell anyone what you are and you have to be silent. The rest of us who don't have any special card, are normal civilians. We'll play one round and than it should be clear. Know your card and listen to Ethan." I empty my cup of coke and put it down on the coffee table before I continue. "The goal is to find out who the Mafia is and to keep as many people alive as possible. Because we're a small group, it will be a quick game." I smile.

Peter gives everyone a card and then sits back down again.

"Okay. Does everyone know what they are?" Ethan asks, stands up as everyone nods. "Close your eyes, keep your heads down. The town is sleeping." Everyone obeys and then Ethan calls the Mafia out and tells them to wake up. I look around until I see Niall smirking at me. I hold my laugh and we choose Sam to die first. Ethan tells us to sleep again and we do. Nurse is next and lastly Cop. Then everyone is  allowed to wake up again.

"It was a beautiful night here in Dublin when Sam decided to go for a midnight walk." Ethan starts.

"This is not going to end well." Sam rolls his eyes and takes a sip of his cup.

"You're right. It's not going to end well because Mafia came, thought you were someone else and shoot you. You immediately dieeee." Ethan's voice goes low and we all laugh and then it's time to tell who we think Mafia is.

Everyone immediately think it's Calum, because Calum and Sam always kill each other first. Hannah and Niall who have no idea why we're so sure that it's Calum, just smile and nod. Calum dies because everyone is against him and it turns out that he's a civilian. We're only twelve people and one, Ethan, is the game master, one is dead and two, me and Niall, are mafia which leaves eight people more to kill. It turns night again and this time Kimberly dies. Turn out that she's the cop. We all laugh and think it's Aaron who is mafia but then we think it's Hannah because she has been very quiet and didn't raise her hand when we vote against Calum. So we pretty much all, and even Aaron, vote against her.

"Sorry babe." Aaron says to his girlfriend as she dies. Him calling her 'babe' makes me shiver and I move closer to Niall. We continue the game until it's only Jazzy, Niall and me who are alive. It turns night again and of course, Niall and I just have to kill Jazzy.

"And with the death of... Jazzy." Ethan says and everyone laughs. "The two mafia won and may now raise." Niall stands up and holding me bridal style. I instantly wrap one arm around his neck and punch the air with the other one, cheering. 

"Yeeeaahh" I cheered and we sits down again. We kiss and even though everyone is watching us, I cup his cheeks with my hands and kiss him harder. Niall wraps his arms around my waist as he lets go of my lip and smirks at me. I smirk back before I get up to get the coke bottle. Hannah follows me into the kitchen while the others laugh and talk about the first round we just had. Niall seems to fit in pretty good to our group which makes me happy. And he seems to get the principle of the game which is also very good.

In the kitchen I take the bottle of coke out and fill up my cup."Hey..." Hannah's voice reminds me again that she followed me.

"Hey." I smile and turn around to face her.

"Soo...are we good?" She wants to know and confuses me completely.

"What do you mean?"

"I-I mean because... you know, I'm dating Aaron now and I-I know that you guys dated before I joined the group and... I hope I don't make things awkward or something." She explains and I then I remember again the thing that my brain has been avoiding since Niall came here. I just didn't want to think about it. About the fact that Hannah joined our little group, the day Aaron and I broke up. The fact that I always had the feeling that she wanted what I had. The fact that I never really trusted her, but had to. And the fact that she's dating my ex. Actually it doesn't really bother me that they are dating, it just confuses me because of what Aaron said last night. I still love you... I mean, why would he say that when he's in a relationship with Hannah. And why did no one tell me that they are dating? Obviously they all knew about it.

"No. Not at all. Everything's fine between us, right?" 

Is she thinking that I'm mad at her for dating my ex?, I ask myself.

"Yes. Everything's fine." She smiles.

"How long have you guys been dating for?"

"Since... August." 

My eyes instantly widen, hearing that they have been dating for so long already and never told me until now. I fake a smile and nod understanding.

"Nice..." I look down to my cup and take a big sip.

"Olivia! Hannah! Are you getting your asses back here or what?" Sam yells from the living room. We girls laugh, take the bottle coke and resume back to the living room. Hannah sits back down next to Aaron and I take a seat on the armrest of the chair that Niall is sitting in. He takes my hand and pulls me back onto his lip, which makes me giggle. I instantly stop though, when I see that Aaron is watching us. Sam goes around and fills up everyone's cup with coke and orders pizza while we're already starting the second round. When he's done, he sits down again and gets a card from Ethan and just joins in.

It's like it used to be before we all kinda split up into different directions and were distracted with university preparations. The whole summer, the only conversations were through our group chat on Whatsapp. I missed this, and I'm sure the others did so too. It's like nothing happened, like there wasn't a whole break. Now we play our favourite game, laugh and when the pizza comes, we girls get down to the floor and sit around the coffee table, eat while playing. The boys stay on the couches and chairs and loosen up a little. We pass the pizza boxes around and the bottle of coke while we have a quick pause. Then when we all have food and drinks filled up, we continue to play.

A good and funny hour later, we play the very last round. Ethan is now in the game and Sam is the story teller. One Mafia, Aaron is already dead and so is everyone else except Ethan, Niall and Jazzy. One of them is Mafia. "It has been a long, long night and Jazzy was on her way to Ethan's house to talk about the deaths that happened the nights before, when a car run her over. She instantly died and Mafia won a round yet again." Sam smiles proud of his end of the story.

We all look at Niall and then at Ethan. It has to be Ethan. "It's Ethan!" We all exclaim at the same time, making him and Niall burst out into laughter. "Ethan! Ethan! Ethan!" We cheer him on as he reveals his card. Civilian. Instantly our heads turn around and face Niall who's brightly smiling.

"Fuck you." I say shocked as I get up and go over to him. He laughs, takes my hand and pulls me down to his lap. I cross my arms over my breast as he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me to his chest. "You fucking killed me." I say still shocked as he kisses my shoulder.

The others still laugh their asses off while I try to look at Niall with my best fake upset impression but fail hard when I burst out laughing.

"To my defence, your death was Aaron's idea. And because I'm a great boyfriend, I took revenge and killed Hannah. Sorry Hannah." Niall runs his fingers through his hair as he rests his head on my shoulder and laughs into my skin. I laugh, just like everyone else.

"Fuck you, Aaron." Hannah's now the one who crosses her arms in front of her chest. Aaron holds up his hands, innocently and acts surprised that she's acting like she's mad at him now. "Because of you, I got killed." She laughs and gets up.

"Sorry." He laughs, not genuine. It's fake and I can hear it. He plays it off very well though as he opens his arms and lets Hannah sit on his lap. They kiss and I look away from them.

I get up and walk out of the living room. The others don't seem to notice since they still laugh about the last round, but Niall does and gives me a questioning look when I look back. I told one finger up, hinting that I'll be gone for just a minute and walk over to the stairs and up to the first floor. I don't have to pee or anything, it's just that I suddenly felt the strong desire to leave the room. I'm looking out for something, not quite knowing what exactly when I reach the door to Sam's bedroom. My feet kinda just led me there and continue to lead me into the room and pass his desk. Above it is a collage with pictures of all of us on it. Happy memories. I walk out to his terrace and lean against the railing, resting my elbows on it and taking a deep breath. I hear a door close, and don't look back to see who it is. It can only be one person or the other.

Turns out that it's the other. Aaron. "Hey." He says and stands himself next to me.

"Hey." I don't turn my head to face him, instead I just look out to what's in front of us. Sam's garden, trees and sky.

"So you and Niall huh?" Aaron breaks the silent after a couple of minutes of just looking out.

"So you and Hannah huh?" I sound emotionless.

Aaron chuckles. "He seems nice."

"He's more than just nice." I tell him.

"How's uni? Not too stressful? Did your priorities change when you saw one fifth of One Direction or...?" Aaron wants to know. He sounds kinda angry and too stiff for it to be just a normal question between friends.

"Uni is good. I have to admit, stressful, yea, but I manage. And no my priorities did not change. School, Uni, is still very important to me." I answer each of his question.

"As important as Niall is?" Aaron and I nod. "Wasn't I as important as school?" He is still hurt about what happened a couple of years ago. Yeah, back then I broke up with him, because school was my priority and I saw Aaron as distraction. But now I'm older. School still is a very important thing to me, but so is Niall.

"Are you seriously still hurt?" I ask. "I thought you're fine." I sound cold hearted.

"I am fine." He says.

"So what's the problem?" I ask confused. "Aaron, please, you are with Hannah and I am with Niall. You seem happy and I am happy and I seriously don't want to bring the past up again. It's past."

"I am happy with Hannah... but I'm just thinking that you broke up because of high school with me, but now you're with Niall even though university is harder and he's Niall Horan, one fifth of the biggest boyband. You have to keep your relationship a secret, which probably makes it even more difficult, but still you're together."

I can't believe that he's seriously bringing up the past.

"It's different with Niall." I say slowly.

"'cause you love him, right?" He asks and I nod. "But I love you too."

"That's what you said when you were drunk. Are you drunk now too?" I turn my head to face him. He bites his lip, takes a deep breath and looks at me like he did when I broke up with him. Broken, angry, not understanding how I feel. He never understood me and my feelings. For me that was just another reason to break up with him years ago. He's not like Niall in so many different ways, but he made me happy. Happy for a moment, that broke seconds later when something went wrong and he didn't understand me yet again. With Niall, I'm happy constantly. Always. When something goes wrong, he's still the reason for my happiness.

But I shouldn't compare Niall with Aaron.

"From a scale from one to one hundred, how happy are you?" Aaron wants to know.

"Two hundred." I answer right away.

"Good. I'm happy for you, Olivia. But... I-I love you, you know. And I may was drunk yesterday night, but it was true what I said. I love you and I was just asking myself—"

"Is everything okay?" Aaron gets cut off by Niall entering the terrace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74K 520 30
Lacey's life is a disaster. Her dad is abusive, and her mom left when Lacey was two. Now, she is taking care of Elena, her little sister. While takin...
1.4K 4 18
Annie Love is your average teenager. Annie and her friends move to London after highschool to puruse their dreams. Origianally from Oklahoma, the cha...
14.2K 382 42
Seventeen year old Kaitlyn has to move to England with her family for her dad's new Job, while she's there she meets one direction but little did she...
1.3K 34 13
The overly cliche story of a superstar boy meeting a less-than average girl, with a little twist. Niall Horan meets the weirdest, spunkiest yet most...