Playing for Keeps (a PIL fanf...

By jinxedby_105

Always on the run, and frequently alone, Arabella doesn't really have a place to call home. With her parents... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
A/N: I needs some Pirates!!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Ending note

Chapter 13

218 12 16
By jinxedby_105

Author's note: Hi!!!!! Jinx here!!! would like to take a moment before continuing with the story... to thank everyone who has read this.... This is my first story on here, and wasn't sure how this would go... A special shout out to Kiss-me-in-Paris whom was the first to read this story, and who encouraged me to continue.. Thank you!!!!! Also to Mystical_NightOwl , who also read, commented, and voted.. Thank you both so much for the encouraging comments, it is because of you that I have the courage to keep updating, and to put my stuff out there... so THANK YOU!!! and thank you to anyone else who reads, votes, and comments as well... Anyway on to chapter 13 then...

The next morning, I help Nathan with making breakfast, as per usual. We hurry and put breakfast on the table. I keep getting more nervous as the morning goes on, knowing Nathan is going to visit Sara after breakfast..

"So going to see Sara huh?" Eduardo looks at Nathan, smirking. I glare, knowing he's trying to get under my skin.. Asshole.

Nathan raises an eyebrow at Eduardo's sudden interest. "Uh yea why?"

"No reason." Eduardo answers simply, before he goes back to eating.

"Must be nice to go see a friend." Russell comments, winking at me. I smile in return, knowing he's trying to make me feel better about the whole thing.

"Uh yea. Speaking of, hey tomboy, you wanna go with?" Nathan asks, turning to look at me.

"Na that's okay. I'm sure you have a lot to catch up on, and I've got some stuff to do here." I reply, trying to sound nonchalant. I give him a smile, hoping it doesn't look as fake as it feels. I'm glad he asked, and part of me wants to go with, but a bigger part of me doesn't want to go. I'd just be in the way. And I don't want to see how well they get along...

He gives me a questioning look. "Ya sure?" he asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes I'm sure. Thanks anyway Nate."

He shrugs. "Okay, well if you change your mind, I'll be in the bar she works at or not that far from it."

I nod, trying to keep smiling, not letting him know how much this actually bothers me. He walks over, and gives me a quick kiss. He pulls back and ruffles my hair playfully like always. I smile at him. "Alright, well see ya later tomboy." he tells me, before he leaves the ship.

I sigh watching him leave, and go try to keep busy. I go help with whatever needs to be done, keeping as busy as I can. The boys always seem to come up with something I can help with, from laundry, to re organizing storage, to organizing the infirmary. I smile at the thought, I know they are just trying to help me keep my mind off Nathan, and how he still isn't back yet.

Next thing I know it's almost three, and Nathan still isn't back yet... What the hell? I hear footsteps coming my way, and glance up to see Russell and Thomas coming my way.

"Thomas is gonna practice his sword fighting with me, you should come watch and offer pointers." Russell offers, and I know they are trying to distract me again. I smile at the two boys.

"Yea miss Arabella, come with us! It'll be fun." Thomas chirps.

I laugh. "Alright, alright lets go then." I add, following them out onto the deck.

I take a seat on the stairs, not that far away from Russell and Thomas, and I can see Eduardo above me, on the top deck by the steering wheel. I watch Thomas try his best to out do our two sword fencer, and smile. He's still got a long way to go, but he's quick, and once he hones that it will be a good advantage as he improves. "Remember Thomas, think of the sword as an extension of your arm." I yell out to him.

The young pirate nods, letting me know he heard me, not taking his eyes off of Russell. I watch the swords clang, and I can tell Russell is holding back a little. Considering Thomas hasn't been using real weapons as long as the rest of us, I suppose he has to.

"He still has a long way to go doesn't he?" Eduardo comments, taking a seat beside me on the stairs.

I nod in agreement. "Yes, but we all have to start somewhere. He's quick, that will be a good asset as he hones his skills." I add, as I continue to study Thomas's movements. He's not as graceful as Russell, but you can tell he has speed. "Once he gets the movements down, added with his speed, he will be good." I add, voicing my thoughts.

"Yes he will. He still seems so young, and too innocent though." Eduardo adds, as we continue to watch.

"Yes, he is the youngest here. I find his innocence charming though. It's a rarity in this world." I tell him, defending the young pirate.

He scoffs at my comment, making me look at him. "Too innocent, he will get hurt, and not know how to handle the real world."

I snort "No, I think he can handle the real world, he just has a positive outlook on it. Just because his optimistic view doesn't match with your cynic view, doesn't mean he can't handle whatever is thrown at him." I glare at him, meeting his gaze.

He smirks. "Anyway Nate still not back yet?" I freeze at his question, and look away from his gaze.

"No he's not." I answer quietly, keeping my gaze towards the ocean.

"Well, who can blame him? Getting a chance to wander around town with a beautiful woman. Wonder what they are up to?" He smirks, nudging me, and I frown, as he voices my worst fears.

"I'm sure they have a lot to catch up on." I say, trying to sound confident in my words.

"Sure, catch up. Beautiful feminine woman like that." Eduardo adds, giving me a sarcastic look.

"Screw you Ed." I snap, as get up, and head towards the bow to be by myself. I can feel my eyes start to water at his words, and try to blink back my tears, not wanting to cry, damn him. I lean on the railing, and look out towards the ocean. Nathan wouldn't cheat on me right? Then again she is more feminine, I wouldn't blame him.. my heart sinks the more I think about it, and my chest hurts at the thought.

I hear steps approaching, and I quickly wipe my tears. "Go away Ed. I don't want to hear any more of your bullshit." I say bitterly, not even bothering to turn around.

"Don't listen to Eduardo Miss Arabella." Thomas says, and I turn around to find not Eduardo, but Thomas, Russell, and even Christopher. "He's just jealous of you and Nathan." he adds, giving me a shy smile.

"Yea Arabella, we can all see how much Nathan loves you." Russell chimes in.

"It's just, she's more feminine, and beautiful.. I can't help thinking that those are the type of girls that men want." I tell them sadly.

"Arabella, we haven't seen Nathan even bother taking an interest in a woman until he met you." Christopher adds, smiling gently. "Besides, Nathan needs a woman that can be apart of the adventure with him, not trailing behind him. He needs a strong, beautiful woman, like yourself at his side. He needs another pirate Arabella. He loves you deeply, and we all can see it." Christopher tells me, with his usual gentle smile.

I smile at all three men, my fellow crew mates. "Thank you all."

"Why don't you go see him?" Russell suggest.

"Yea miss Arabella. I have to go into town anyway, I can walk you there." Thomas chirps.

"Sounds good." I tell him, smiling, and start heading back so we can leave.

Me and Thomas make our way through town, avoiding the navy. I only brought a single pistol with me this time, not wanting to attract attention, and hoping I wont need it. We come up to the bar, and I can see Nathan and Sara through the window. "I'll be down the street if you need me miss Arabella." Thomas adds, as he turns to leave.

I nod, take a deep breath, and head into the bar. I walk towards the table that I see them at, and I see him and Sara close together looking at something. I approach quietly, trying to see what they are looking at. "Oh Nate it's beautiful!" Sara exclaims happily, and I as get closer I see a small box on the table. It looks like a small box like for jewelry, and I freeze, not taking another step closer.

My heart aches at the sight, and I can't stand to stay any longer. I thought he loved me? I blink back tears as i quickly run towards the exit, accidentally knocking a chair over on the way out. "Arabella wait!" I hear Nathan call after me, but I can't bring myself to turn around. I sprint towards the market in search of Thomas, scanning the crowd for the young ginger.

I finally spot him among the crowd, and run towards him. As I get closer, I notice something's wrong. Three men surround him, and one is holding a necklace that is still around Thomas's neck. "Just give us the necklace and your stuff, and we'll let you go kid." the guy holding Thomas growls.

I sneak up on them, taking the pistol I brought out."Leave him alone." I growl at the men, aiming at the one holding Thomas. Thomas smiles seeing me, and the three men approach me.

"Better put that pistol away before you hurt yourself sweetheart." one adds, smirking at me.

I roll my eyes at him and glare. "You heard me, leave him alone. Do you really want the navy over here? Or are you begging to get shot?"

They glare."Tsk. Like you'll really shoot."

I smirk, this idiot is totally asking to get shot."Don't tempt me asshole, I'll do it. Last chance to walk away."

"I don't take orders from no bitch." he spits at me.

I shrug."Okay then." I shoot his leg, and he collapses, a surprised look on his face. His friends crouch down to help him, and I quickly grab Thomas's hand and start to run. "Come on Thomas, the navy will be on our ass any second."

We sprint through the alleys, dodging people, but I can hear footsteps pounding behind us, the navy most likely. "Stop! By order of the Navy!" I hear as the footsteps get closer. Shit.

"We've gotta book it Thomas, they're getting close." I tell him, trying to stay calm. I only have a pistol, and I think Thomas only has a wooden sword. Shit. I see the navy ahead, blocking the exit to the alley. I quickly turn around, but there's navy on that side too. "Son of a bitch!" I exclaim, as they surround us.

"Drop your weapons, and come with us." they tell us.

"Oh come on, it was self defense. Shouldn't you be arresting those assholes that harassed us?" I ask, knowing that I probably can't talk my way out of this. Girl can try can't she?

"You shot him. Besides, even in self defense, you're both under arrest, due to your both being wanted." the navy officer smirks. Shit.

"Let the boy go, I'm the one that shot him." I add, trying to get Thomas off the hook.

"Yea right. We can't let a Sirus pirate and a wanted thief go." they add.

"Tsk. Does the kid look like a pirate? Let him go, and I'll come willingly." I plead, hoping maybe they might let Thomas go. He's innocent looking, maybe they will buy it.

"Not happening." they answer, and I bite back a curse.

"It's okay miss Arabella. We're in this together." Thomas tells me quietly. "I wouldn't leave you anyway." he adds.

"Tsk. How sweet." the navy officer smirks. "Enough. lets take them in."

They come closer, and I keep my gun raised. I hear a thump behind me, and whirl around, to see that they knocked Thomas out, and he's laying on the ground, unconscious.

"What the fuck? He wasn't a threat you assholes!" I yell, as I crouch down, checking him. I sit on the ground by him, taking his head in my lap.

"You didn't cooperate." The officer answers shrugging.

"The fuck that don't mean you knock him out!" I growl. They come closer, holding their swords out, and now I've really done it and screwed up.

I throw myself over Thomas, covering him, hoping they don't hurt him anymore. I feel something cold and hard hit the back of my head, knocking me down. Shit Thomas, I'm sorry I couldn't save you... are my last thoughts before I pass out.

I wake up a couple hours later, with my hands tied behind my back, and sitting in a cell. Shit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 109 32
"I will forever love you James, and you will forever remain my Romeo, even if it turns out I am not your Juliet." Fem!oc x James Potter Story is bas...
233K 12.2K 40
The instinct not to breathe underwater is so strong that it overcomes the agony of running out of air. No matter how desperate you are, you won't inh...
16.9K 769 21
[COMPLETED] When soon to be mistress of the house, tough, stubborn, and not at all lady like Rizuki Carribea runs away from the palace of the kingdom...
3.4K 39 12
When five of the VK's are chosen to go to Auradon they learn to be good, and have to fight themselves for freedom from their parents. But when one o...