The Sociopath Society

By FernStone

St Bartholomew's Boarding School seemed to be the same in a long list of schools fifteen year old Sherlock Ho... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 6

1.5K 84 18
By FernStone

Chapter 6

It’s just a list

The first few weeks of school crept by slowly. John plodded though the days. Sherlock was a constant annoyance yet John found his feelings for the younger boy were strange. All mixed up and confusing him. He would sort them out later. But he liked to think that he and Sherlock were friends. Even if it was an unusual, uneasy friendship. After all Sherlock was... Sherlock.

“John!” Sherlock practically barged into their dorm, coat flowing out behind him. The teacher’s had given up telling him to take it off. John thought it looked rather good on him...

“Not now, I’m doing homework.”

“This is important.”

“More imp-”

“Yes.” Sherlock stormed over, slapping a piece of paper down in front of John. “Look.”

“What about it?” John frowned, eyes narrowed at the paper. A list of some sort. With names and items. “It’s just a-”

“On contraire, it is not! You always see but you do not observe, John.” Oh brilliant. Sherlock was in one of his extra strange moods. John wished the fifteen year old would stop trying to be detective sometimes.

“It’s a list of all the missing or possibly stolen items.” Oh look he was continuing. “I crossed out all those that were returned or found. They were only four left. For each year, in the past four years.” John looked closer and saw that this was in fact true. Curious.

“And what sparked your sudden search for this list? And your interest in stolen items?” John looked at Sherlock sceptically. Sherlock just shrugged.

“I was thinking. You know how Irene had those bar cuffs go missing a week ago, or so she claims. Then Molly couldn’t find her necklace? Well the disappearances were to close together to be a coincidence. So I decided to look into it.”

“Of course you did,” John rolled his eyes, which had no effect on the tall boy standing impatiently beside him.

“Well, go on. Take a closer look. See if you can crack the code.” John leant forward, scrunching his eyes up so he could see the words more clearly.

STUDENT

ITEM REPORTED MISSING

DATE

RHIAN LANCASTER

FLUFFY EXPENSIVE MITTENS

ZOE TORREDEN

AMETHYST

HUGH STONE

JOURNAL

SARAH IRVINE

LAZULITE

CAITLIN SINCLAIR

PINK SCARF

IAN BRODY

GOOD ART PIECE

JOSEPH URQUART

OVERALLS

SOPHIA MCNEILL

‘MY FAMILY’ PHOTOGRAPH

KATHERINE IRVINE

FOSSIL

CARL POWERS

SNEAKERS

LAUREN BRODY

ELEMENTAL NECKLACE

CATHERINE CARTER

CELLPHONE

IVAN BROOKES

RAFT BUILDING KIT

OLIVIA THORNE

BOOK OF ANIMAL ART

AUGUSTINE HARDING

ALTOMETER

ARTHUR MORAN

CALL BOOK

IRENE ADLER

BAR CUFFS

MOLLY HOOPER

NECKLACE

“Nope, no idea,” John frowned. “Some strange items, though. If they mean anything they would be in groups of four...”

“Of course, I know,” Sherlock snapped in an irritated manner, grabbing the paper off John. He flopped over onto his bed, paper beside him. Not a single other word came from his mouth as he pressed his hands together under his chin.

John arched an eyebrow, relishing the silence. He would leave Sherlock to ponder over the missing items giving him much needed time to complete his homework. He was sure nothing would come from what Sherlock was so excited.

So John turned back to his schoolwork while Sherlock did his own special type of work.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 767 21
Jim Moriarty has a secret. He craves the attention of the worlds only consulting detective, but he knows Sherlock would never spend time with him vol...
3.3K 211 12
John Watson just wanted to run away from his abusive home life. He did not intend to get caught by the police, and ultimately be sent to a school for...
4K 140 14
Sherlock is 17 year old attending a bordering school when he meets a boy named John. John is studying to become a doctor. But has went on a soccer sc...
24.4K 1.1K 26
Sherlock Holmes - beautiful and broken and he's got a traumatic past that he vows to keep silent. John Watson - quiet, simple but extraordinary, so h...