The Anon

By lostinareverie

One blog, one girl, two very different people. 17 year old Charlotte Knight has always gone unnoticed with he... More

The Anon: Prologue
Chapter 2: My Romeo to My Juliet
Chapter 3: My one and only Pedophile Stalker
Chapter 4: High School Drama is Shit
Chapter 5: The Secrets Out
Chapter 6: Whole Other Universe
Chapter 7: Well, that escalated quickly
Chapter 8: Fast and Furious
Chapter 10: Badass Blogger
Chapter 11: Sorrys, Blogging and Secrets Revealed. Oh my!
Chapter 12: Blackmailing with a Hint of Lipstick
Chapter 13: Seventeen and Pregnant with a Sack of Weed
Chapter 14: All is Fair in Love & War
Chapter 15: Rule #2: Don't be Eager
Chapter 16: Breaking News
Chapter 17: The Perks of being a Famous Blogger
Chapter 18: My Wifi and I have a Strong Connection
Chapter 19: Officially Shipping Chaslette
Chapter 20: Cupid and her partner in Crime are in trouble
Chapter 21: Keep Calm and Tell the Future
Chapter 22: The Double Date Horror
Chapter 23: The Hunt for Chase Parker
Chapter 24: Counting Stars
Chapter 25: The Attack from the Hacker
Chapter 26: It Came in like a Wrecking Ball
Chapter 27: Doctor, Doctor!
Chapter 28: Dress Prep but Don't have Pep
Chapter 29: Revelations
Chapter 30: Mending Broken Parts
Chapter 31: Better Things to Come
Epilogue

Chapter 9: Social Status

69.2K 2.2K 1.3K
By lostinareverie

Chapter 9: Social Status

The night went by pretty fast and soon enough the sunlight was shining through the curtains. Groaning, I tried reaching the curtains to draw them together, but I tumbled out of my bed like a pro.

“Way to go, Charlotte.” I grumbled to myself as I walked to the bathroom to freshen up. After I brushed my teeth I went downstairs to see my brother holding his head in his hands, and Aunt Lucy with a smirk on her face cooking breakfast.

“Having fun there, Britton?” I asked him as I grabbed some chocolate milk from the fridge.

“Shut up.” He groaned in response. Aunt Lucy chuckled and handed him some pain killers and water. Britton said thanks and grabbed the pills and popped them into his mouth, gulping water. He then grabbed his phone and started scrolling through whatever he was scrolling through. I sat down beside him at the dining table, while Aunt Lucy set down the food. It was Saturday tradition for the three of us to eat breakfast together since we usually never get to see each other during the week. I piled on some scrambled eggs and toast. As Aunt Lucy and I started eating, Britton sat there staring at his phone, a smile plastered on his face. Soon he burst out laughing.

“What’s so funny?” asked Aunt Lucy look at Britton curiously.

“Someone sent me this link to this blog. This girl calls herslef “The Anon” like anonymous, and she is fucking hilarious.” said Britton enthusiastically. I choked on my food. Britton patted my back as I took a gulp of water.

“You okay, Char?” asked Aunt Lucy concerned. I shook my head and got up from table and put my plate in the sink.

“Umm... I’m going to go out. I’ll be back by lunchtime.” I spout out as I grabbed the car keys and ran out of the house, still in my pajama shorts and band t-shirt.

*

I sat on the swing set, my messy bun flopping back and forth as I swung. Kicking the dirt underneath me, I started to think. What if people find out it’s me that runs this blog? What will they say? What will the rest of the world say? As my thoughts consumed me a voice broke me out of my trance.

“Charlotte? What are you doing here... especially in your pajamas?” asked a familiar voice beside me. Looking up I saw Chase next to me.

“Umm... I was just.. you know.. swinging!” I said as I started swinging back and forth. Chase chuckled and sat in the swing next to me.

“You’re terrible at lying. What is really up?” he asked silently.

“While there is barely any chocolate milk left in the fridge because Britton keeps drinking it saying it helps with football, but really it’s just an excuse to get me mad.” I said. The thing I said was true, but they weren’t what I was really worried about and Chase could tell so he nodded for me to continue.

“Fine. What if someone wasn’t who they seem to appear?” I asked kicking the dirt underneath me.

“Well, I would want them to tell me who they really are.” he replied simply.

“But what if it’s not that easy. What if everyone’s opinion on them changes?”

“Isn’t there that saying like ‘be you because everyone else is taken?’” Chase said. I sat there pondering on what he said. Maybe I should just tell everyone who I am. But what if everyone just hates me?

“So.. I guess you’re done with your thinking?” Chase asked hesitantly. He sure wasn’t used to dealing with girl’s shit. Laughing, I got up and started walking to my car, but I turned around.

“Hey, Chase? Thanks for listening to me, you probably don’t hear a lot of girls moaning to you.” I said before realizing what I said was totally wrong. Chase burst out laughing and I just heaved a sigh. No use covering it up now.

*

Before I went home, I stopped by the local grocery store and bought a carton of chocolate milk because honestly Britton was drinking most of it and plus I didn’t want Aunt Lucy and Britton to think I just left the house randomly like a maniac. I got weird looks as I strolled through the store in my smiley face pajama shorts and old band t-shirt. As I made my way to the cashier, I fumbled around in my bag trying to find some cash, when someone called my name.

“Charlotte?” a male voice called from behind me. I looked up to see Calvin in front of me giving me the once over. His lips curled up in a smirk as he saw my smiley face pajama bottoms.

“Umm.. yeah?” I answered as I clutched the chocolate milk carton to my chest. Calvin then burst out laughing and the my blood rushed to my cheeks.

“Those... are ... some... really cute.. pajamas.” he managed to say through breaks of laughter. I looked down at my dirtied up converse until the cashier spoke in.

“Sorry to interrupt your little flirt thing, but it’s going to be $3.67” said the grumpy old man pointing at my milk carton. I sighed. I was about to tell the man I only had my driver’s license, a nickel and a pack of gum on me, when Calvin gave the cashier a five dollar bill. Before I could tell the chasier not to take the money, the grumpy old man shoved the bill into the cash register and gave Calvin his change. The two of started walking outside when I stopped at my car.

“I’ll pay you back on Monday. Thanks though.” I said as I opened my car door.

“But I don’t want five dollars.” He stated as he leaned against my car. I looked at him with a confused expression.

“Umm.. then what do you want?” I asked hesitantly, not sure of what he might ask for.

“A date with you.” he said shrugging his shoulders. My body went rigid. Was this guy serious?

“Umm... I.. but... it’s just.. I’m a potato and you’re the epitome of Abercrombie model!” I burst out. I instantly cover my mouth, regretting I even stepped out of the house today. Calvin tumbled over in laughter and I really just wanted to fall of the face of the earth. After Calvin’s laughter had subsided, he closed the gap between us and wrapped an arm around my waist, which sent shocks through my body.

“I’ll pick you up at seven tonight.” he whispered as his hot breath fanned across my face. I was officially turning into a baked potato from his hotness. He let go of my waist and walked off to his car as I stood there dumbfounded. I have a date. Like with an actual human being that is hotter than the sun. Okay, I’m totally cool about this. Yup fuck cool. I’m not cool. I’m dying.

*

“Stella, meet my two best friends, Michelle and Emily” I said as I introduced the blond bombshell to my friends who had their mouths wide open. Emily whispered into my ear.

“Umm... when did you become friends with these kind of people? I thought you were into people who are fictional.” she whispered and Michelle nodded her head vigorously in agreement.

“Looks can be deceiving. She is really nice once you get to know her!” I whispered back trying to get them to see Stella wasn’t all legs and beauty.

“So what was the ‘emergency’” Stella asked as she sat down on my bad and crossed her legs.

“Umm.. it’s kind of.. like.. I have a date.” I managed to get out. Emily and Michelle started bombarding me with questions as Stella sat there with a playful smile on her face. As soon as Emily and Michelle calmed down, Stella asked me a question.

“So, who is the lucky member of the male species that gets to take you out tonight?” she asked as I laughed at her for using the term “male species” like I do.

“He may or may not be Calvin Smith.” I muttered under my breath but all three girl heard me and started jumping up and down, squealing at the top of their lungs.

“The Calvin Smith? Oh my gosh, he is quite the looker!” said Stella as she sat me down in my desk chair.

“Where is he taking you? What are you going to wear?!” Called Michelle from inside my walk-in closet. I was surprised. Michelle wasn’t one to be all girly. She was close to me when it came to shopping and make-up.

“Umm.. I think he is just taking me to the movies.” I said nonchalantly. The three girls looked up at me when I said this.

“The movies?” clarified Emily, with a shocked expression on her face. I nodded. Emily, Michelle, and Stella looked at as though I had just told them I was pregnant or something.

“What?!” I asked a bit irritated as they stared at me without saying a word.

“Char, think about it. You and Calvin in a dark room. I bet he won’t keep his hands off of you.” said Stella as she heated up the curling iron. My cheeks flushed at the statement she made. I was going telling her I would ruin it with my weird talk, but someone came into my room.

“Who won’t be able to keep their hands off of you?” asked Britton as he leaned against my door frame. Emily and Michelle said ‘hi’, and Britton replied back.

“No one.” I mumbled back, but it was clear that I was lying my ass off.

“So wanna explain way you have clothes strewn all over the place, and why there is a very pretty girl doing your make up?” he asked giving Stella the once over, who in turn looked at my brother and then looked away.

“That’s none of your business, Britton and this is my friend Stella.” said as I rolled my eyes as I knew my brother was going to start flirting with her.

“It kind of is my business if my sister is going on a date.” he said as he sat on my bed, leaning back.

“How did you know I was going on a date?” I asked incredulously.

“I heard you guys talking about it and you are never this wacko and jittery. Unless it’s like the season premiere of Teen Wolf.”

“Fine. I’m going on a date.” I said admitting the fact. Meanwhile, Emily and Michelle had set out my outfit which comprised of ripped jeans and an off shoulder t-shirt, with my usual converse. Stella was curling my hair piece by piece as my brother and I had a stare down.

“So who’s the guy?” he asked as he stretched his arms behind his head.

“Calvin Smith.” I whispered so low that Stella, who was standing right next to me, couldn’t hear.

    “Who?” he asked.

    “Calvin Smith.” I stated a little bit louder. Britton tumbled out of my bed his face making contact with my bedroom floor. Stella finished my hair and went over to Britton and helped him up. Getting up, he marched right over at me, but I grabbed my outfit off the bed and rushed into my en suite and shut the door before Britton could ask any questions.

    “Charlotte! This isn't over!” he yelled through the door. I jumped around in my jeans trying to get them on, and  pulled my shirt over. I looked in the mirror and I had to say, for a person who rolls around in her bed and doesn’t get outside very much, I looked good. Unlocking the door, I stepped out and Britton’s eyes nearly fell out of their sockets.

    “What?” I asked critically and folded my arms over my chest.

    “Oh hell no. You are not wearing that. Are you trying to get his hands on you. Actually don’t answer that because if he does I will break them.” He said. And here comes the over-protective brother, I thought to myself.

    “If I can’t wear this, what do you want me to wear?! A nun outfit?!” I cried out loud. Britton’s eyes sparkled and nodded in full agreement. I threw my hands in the air.

    “Britton, if I don’t go on this date, I might as well end up in a convent!” I yelled. As the two of argued, the doorbell rang. Britton and I looked at each other and had a stare down. Soon the two of us were bounding down the staircase, and as usual my lack of exercise caused me to be out of breath by the time I was at the bottom of the staircase. And Britton being the athletic one, breezed past me to the door. He opened it revealing Calvin, who was wearing jeans and a button down, but man did he look like a spicy chilly. I could hear Emily and Michelle sighing next to me.

“So you’re taking my sister out, huh? Where you taking her?” my brother asked persistently, as though Calvin was being detained by my brother. I marched right over to the two boys, while grabbing my shoulder bag.

“Um.. I was going to take her to the movies.” I said as he scratched the back of his head innocently.

“Okay. Bye Britton. Bye guys!” I said as I dragged Calvin out before Britton could bombard him with any more questions.

“I’m sorry, my brother is just trying to be over-protective and whatnot. He’s just trying to be a brotherly figure, but he didn’t choose the right time to do it.” I told Calving through gritted teeth as the two of us made our way to his car. Calvin laughed as he got into the driver’s seat, but I just stood there. He wasn’t going to open the car door for me? Well, there goes my Prince Charming.

*

Calvin and I had settled on watching “The Internship”. He thought we should watch it because it was funny, but I was all in it for Dylan O’brien, but I didn’t tell him that. As the lights dimmed, I started getting comfortable with Calvin. Okay, so he hadn’t opened the car door for me, but we still have two hours for him to charm me. Just as Calvin was putting his arm around my shoulders, a familiar voice broke us apart.

“Oh hey guys! I didn’t think you would be here.” said a deep voice next to me. I turned around to see Chase reclining in his seat with a bucket of popcorn on his lap. My eyes narrowed at him

“Chase, what the hell are you doing here?!” I asked trying not to yell.

“I came to watch the movie. I like Dylan O’brien.” He stated shrugging his shoulders. My jaw dropped. He liked Dylan O’brien?!? Wow, Char. You aren’t even upset that he could have stalked you to the movies, but more so surprised he likes Dylan O’brien? I shook my head and turned back to Calvin who had his eyes set on Chase. Chase is not going to ruin my date. And so I moved closer to Calvin who snapped out of his staring contest with Chase and placed his arm around me. The movie started up and I focused my attention on that but soon my attention was diverted to the hand that was slowly inching up my thigh. I ignored it at first, but when Chase’s hand had reached a hole in my ripped jeans and his fingers brushed against me skin, a jolt went through me. My hormonal teenage thought were going crazy, but I managed to push those thought aside, and focus on the movie. But then again, Chase’s hand was dangerously close to “the zone” and I freaked out. I jumped out of my seat abruptly and Calvin looked at me a little confused, while Chase had the biggest fucking smirk on his face.

“I... umm.. I’m going to get something.” I said a bit rushed and hurried out the theater doors. My cheeks flushed as I sat down at a bench near the concession stand. That little dick! Had the fucking nerve and ruin my date just because you didn’t have anything to do! As these malicious thought ran through my head, low and behold, Chase walked out of the theater. I marched right up to him, my blood boiling.

“You. Litte. Dick. You ruined my date! I actually liked Calvin! We could have had like hot potatoes as our children!” I said screaming at him. Chase’s eyebrow cocked.

“Hot potatoes as children? Why because you’re such a potato and he’s hot?” He asked trying to hold back laughter.

“Whatever. You ruined my date. You happy now?” I asked him, hoping he felt guilty and that the guilt would eat him up from the inside out. I know, I’m really mean.

“Actually you should be thanking me. I just saved you from getting your heart broken by a player. So you’re welcome.” he said as he crossed his arms across his chest. I really just wanted to punch him..

“It takes one to know one, Parker. And you know what. Thanks. Because I was finally starting to become that not socially awkward kid, who has the star brother and you just threw me right back where I belong. Some things never change.” I said as each word hurt me. I was finally becoming different. I was being accepted. But of course, good things never last. I turned away from Chase and walked right out into the brisk night, with absolutely no car to drive me home.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey guys,

Yeah! I updated! ok so i love the new cover and that is thanks to @notfound! its amazing :) and the side banner is freaking awesome and that is thanks to my friend @Muisc_Matters_ :) I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Comment, vote, and fan!

Hot potato babies,

Alex :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 58 18
Charlotte is your average teenage 16 year old trying to get through High School until she meets someone that she didn't know that will turn around he...
29.6M 505K 68
"I'm the sexy guy in school, and all the ladies want me. So don't act like you don't. And try not to make it seem like a surprise Princess because yo...
167 4 26
18-year-old Ada had a tough life. Always lying about who she really is, always hiding behind a mask, until she couldn't do it anymore. But telling he...
394K 11.7K 28
Cover by @daniella-lavonne ~~~~ "You're a nerd you should know the answer" he said inches away from my face "And what if I don't?" I answered cr...