For The Love Of Dixon (A Dary...

By Chupacabra94

What happens when the apocalypse breaks out and two exes who haven't spoken to each other in years are forced... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue

Chapter 43

10K 265 66
By Chupacabra94

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Over 36,000 reads, over 1,000 votes and over 300 comments!!!!!

52 comments on the last chapter!!!!!!! Say what?!?!?!?!?!? You guys are so freaking cool and I know you are capable of bringing amounts of comments like that more often!!! Keep those coming!!!!

This chapter is dedicated to @SirensCall She submitted a cover for my book and I'm really loving it!! I have changed it to her design so you guys can see it!! What do you guys think? Remember you have until July 1st to submit yours and if you win then you'll get a sneak peek of my next chapter!!!

Reedus kisses for everyone!! Xxxxxx

--

A lot can happen in a month. It doesn't seem like it could but in a world like this when you're living day by day things happen drastically. We've lost Andrea, TDog, and Shane. Well Rick killed Shane. Lori's pregnant and Carl's turned into this 13 year old slaying badass.

I was still driving Daryl's truck. I refused to leave it behind when we kept whittling down to less and less cars. We only had Daryl's truck, Carol's Cherokee, and the RV left. Sophia and I occupied Daryl's truck while the Grimes family took the Cherokee and Dale and Glenn were in the RV.

Our group was getting smaller and smaller. We went from 21 to six. Who knew where Daryl and Merle were at this point. I was just hoping that they weren't walker chow somewhere. I felt my thumb run over my left ring finger and I sighed. My finger felt naked.

I looked over at Sophia who was curled up in the seat asleep. The air was way too cold to be out in it. We had basically spent nights in the cars and the RV trying to stay warm but the winter was not being easy on us at all. We hadn't found a good house in the while.

Rick pulled over and I followed suit with the RV behind me. I quickly jumped out stealing one last glance at Sophia. Rick stepped out with a map and we both headed towards the RV. With Lori pregnant, two kids, and an older man it left Rick, Glenn and I making decisions though Carl was really starting to step up.

Once in the RV Rick rolled the map out on the table. "We're here," Rick said while pointing at the map. I sighed and noticed all the red circles and x's that littered the map. "We're right in the middle of the red zone," Glenn said while running a hand through his lengthening hair.

We had become closer within the last month. Without him around I needed someone else to confide in besides Dale and I didn't feel like going to Rick. Lori didn't seem to like me lately. Glenn was my go to guy and he always had an ear to listen.

I sighed and took a slight step back from the map. Both men turned around to face me. Glenn leaned against the counter and Rick placed his hands on his hips. I looked down at the map again while my eyes traced familiar lines. I looked back up at them.

"I have a place we can go," I said. Rick cocked an eyebrow at me and Glenn crossed his arms. "Where's that?" Rick asked. I ran a hand through my tangled hair. "It's in the woods. I haven't been there in a while, but it's really far back and if you blink you miss the road. It has its own generator which means electric and running water," I said.

Rick's eyes lit up slightly along with Glenn's. "Well what is it?" Rick asked. "It's a hunting cabin and it has at least four bedrooms that I know of," I said. Rick nodded. "Dixon," Glenn said. I nodded slightly. "We had multiple arguments as to why he never mentioned it to you guys. I was pretty upset because I knew how good it was," I said.

Rick rolled up the map. "Well let's go," he said. Glenn reached out and gave my shoulder a squeeze. I smiled up and him and leaned forward to kiss his cheek. Rick was already halfway to his car by the time I exited the RV. I quickly jumped in the truck and pulled out in front of Rick so I could lead the way.

~~

It took a good three hours to get there, but I knew in the end that it would definitely be worth it. Rick and Glenn had trailed me the whole way. I started searching for the road to turn on. Like I said if you blinked you would miss it. It wasn't marked and it was a dirt path covered by a ton of trees.

I slammed on my brakes rather quickly before taking the turn onto the small dirt path. I knew Rick was probably a little mad for not giving him a warning but I didn't care we were almost there. The cabin was about three miles off the road deep in the woods.

I was hoping I wasn't leading us into a death trap and if I did I would probably just give up right there. We had already lost too many people. Finally I saw the cabin come into view and I felt a smile creep on my face. Rick pulled up beside me and the car lights shown on the old front porch.

The cabin looked untouched which made me happy. I slowly slid out of the car. Rick and Glenn met me at the front of the truck. I readied my crossbow and Rick led the way up the porch. Rick turned the knob and let the door fall open naturally. I sighed when nothing lunged at us.

Luckily it was dusk so we still had time to quickly clear out the cabin then we all could settle for the night. Rick slowly walked in and I followed right behind him. "The kitchen is straight ahead and then a small hallway breaks off from the side of it to a couple of the bedrooms. The other two bedrooms and that way," I said nodding towards the other side of the living room.

"Should we split up," Glenn whispered. Rick nodded. "We'll clear out the living room and kitchen and then I'll take the back hallway while you and Emery take the one next to the living room," he said answering Glenn. We both nodded and started walking through the house.

"This is perfect," I whispered after clearing out the two rooms and finding them walker free. "Don't be so sure yet," Rick said. We quickly split up and Glenn and I went to the other bedrooms by the living room. Glenn and I split up taking a bedroom a piece.

I walked into what would be the master bedroom with the attached bathroom. I quickly cleared the bedroom and walked into the bathroom. It was clear too. I went to walk out when something caught my eye. I turned on my heel and faced the dirty towel that was hanging up.

It was white but from the dirt it had turned to a slight yellow tint. I reached forward and gasped when I felt that it was slightly wet, like someone had recently taken a shower and they had hung it up to dry. I felt myself step back and quickly head out the door.

When I walked into the hallway I practically ran into Glenn. "What's wrong?" he asked noticing how fast my breath was coming out. He placed his hands on my shoulders and looked in my eyes. "Emery, what's wrong?" he asked again. I shook my head and went to find Rick.

Rick was standing in the living room. "Someone's here," I said. Rick's face turned from happy to concerned. "What do you mean?" he asked. I swallowed hard. "I was checked the bathroom and I noticed a dirty towel. I thought it was just left there from a long time ago but I touched it and it was wet."

Rick ran a hand through my hair. "We can't leave. It's getting dark," he said. I nodded. "We'll move everyone in and stand guard whoever it is can't be that big of a threat," Rick had definitely changed. Before he would try to reason with people. Now he doesn't care if they get eaten.

We quickly walked back inside and grabbed our gear and headed back inside locking the front door behind us. Glenn pulled all the curtains on the windows. "Lori, I want you and the kids to go to the bedroom that's all the way at the end of the house. Don't come out until I say," Rick said.

Lori nodded and started gathering the kids and their things. Carl refused. "I want to stay and help," he said. Rick shook his head. "I don't think so," he said and pushed him lightly towards Lori. Carl glared at his dad. "I'm not a little kid anymore and I'm a good shot. You need all the help you can get."

The kid definitely had a point. I sighed and placed a hand on Rick's shoulder. He finally nodded and Carl pulled his gun out. Lori and Sophia quickly retreated to the bedroom and we all took different areas of the house. Rick took the front room with Dale and Carl while Glenn and I took the back room.

10 minutes

20 minutes

30 minutes

45 minutes

1 hour

2 hours

3 hours

We had been here for over three hours and nothing had happened. I was sitting in a kitchen chair while Glenn was leaning against the counter. We were both exhausted. I couldn't think of the last time when we both had a shower, good meal, or good sleep.

I didn't know what Rick Carl and Dale were doing. For all I knew they were probably both asleep thinking Glenn and I had it covered. I was absent mindedly fiddling with a bolt trying to keep myself awake. Glenn shifted and propped his head up on his hand.

"Do you miss him?" he asked. I felt myself stop playing with the bolt and looking up at Glenn. "Sorry just a question and I'm trying to stay awake. I figured talking would help. But if you don't want to talk about it that's okay we can talk about something else," he said.

When Glenn became nervous and felt like he had said something wrong he started babbling like an idiot. I shook my head. "No, it's okay. Yeah, I mean sometimes I do but then I think about what he said right as he left and it makes me not miss him," I said.

Glenn sighed. "He really didn't mean it. He was just mad because you didn't go with him. If we find him I bet he'll be relieved and everything will be fine," I felt myself shaking my head. "Whether he's fine with everything or not I'm not. I don't think I can ever forgive him for that."

Glenn chuckled slightly. "Yes you will. Right when you see him you'll light up like you always do and you'll resist the urge to hug him because you know he doesn't like it," I sighed. Glenn knew me too well and sometimes I hated it because I felt like he used it against me.

I shook my head again. "Things are different now, Glenn. I put up with his shit for too long when we were in high school and now again. I don't think I can do it anymore," I said. Glenn cracked a slight smile. "It's all in your words. You don't think but you will."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm just going to shut up now," I grumbled while crossing my arms. The cabin was warm and I was so grateful for it. The only thing I didn't like was all the photos of Daryl and Merle around. It made me think about them even more.

Maybe Glenn was right. I would probably go running back to Daryl. Why? Because I love him and I always will. No matter what happens between us I would always love him and I would always miss him when he wasn't around. I felt a tear slip down my cheek.

I quickly wiped it away hoping Glenn wouldn't see but I could tell by the frown on his face that he had. I sighed and stood up. I started pacing the room knowing that if I had sat much longer that the kitchen chair would've became comfortable and I would've fallen asleep.

"You can go sleep if you want," Glenn said. I stopped and looked up at him. I shook my head before I started pacing again. "No you guys need all the hands that are capable. Maybe I'm just crazy and maybe nobody is actually coming back," I said.

Glenn shrugged and it fell silent between us again. I went to check on the boys in the living room when I heard the back door being messed with. I quickly dove for my crossbow. Rick, Dale, and Carl came scrambling into the room with sleep heavy in their eyes.

Glenn came beside me and we all stood there waiting for whoever it was to show themselves. Rick took a slight step forward to show his authoritative role. I held my crossbow so it was facing the ground but it wouldn't take much to pull it up and shoot.

I wouldn't hesitate to kill anyone that tried to take a shot at Rick. Heavy footsteps filled the back room and Rick pulled the hammer back on his gun preparing it to fire. "Awe, come on baby brother. You can go get it tomorrow," A gruff voice said.

I heard something being knocked over. "I would've had it if you wouldn't have been so damn loud! You scared that deer off!" another voice echoed. I heard a howl of laughter that I instantly recognized. I felt myself suck in a breath and I took a step back.

It couldn't be. Glenn shifted so he was in front of me. "You're a piece of shit!" I heard the same voice yell before a big thud came. "You better not touch me again unless you want to keep your teeth," I heard. We heard the two fighting as they made their way into the kitchen.

The three men in front of me held up their guns to take out whoever it was.  The two stopped fighting and broke apart. "Oh shit, looky here baby brother Officer Friendly and his gang," I felt myself cringing slightly at his voice. So much for friends.

I shifted so I could look over Glenn's shoulder. My eyes found familiar boots. They slowly trailed up the dirty holey jeans, to the plaid shirt that was missing a couple buttons. The jean jacket was resting over his frame and my eyes continued up until they met his icy blue ones. Daryl.

--

Don't forget if you want to submit a cover just send me a message with the link! You have until July 1st! and you can win a sneak peek of the chapter after that!!!!

So what do you guys think about the way they have been reunited? What do you think is going to happen between the 'three' Dixons? Daryl and Emery? Leave your predictions below! Let's see if we can get close to those 52 comments!!

Comment, vote, fan, follow, add to reading list, and spread the word! Reedus kisses for everyone!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 10.8K 94
Ginger Rae is one of the hottest singers in Country music until a horrific accident changes her life and opens up her eyes. She wants out, and leav...
238K 7.3K 52
Keri is on her own, for the second time since the beginning of the end. She's finally starting to learn that you have to be hard to survive in a wor...
701K 14.5K 70
Amanda, or Mandy as her friends call her is 26 years old trying to live her life. She decides to move in with her older brother, Jordan, who lives in...
166K 5K 39
Daryl Dixon is completely on his own. After the Saviors burn down Alexandria, he thinks that he is the only survivor. Living without the group that h...