Love Next Door

By alfieyourfan

Two lost souls who ran away from home. Two lost souls in search of themselves. Will they find their way back... More

Teaser 1 - First Clash
1 - Moving In and On
2 - Make You Hate Me
3 - Turn Off
4 - Ultim(h)ate
5 - GRAND Meeting
6 - RonRon
7 - Finding Comfort
8 - His Heroine
9 - Found
10 - 179 degrees
11 - FEast Day
12 - Not the Same
13 - Good Shots
14 - Last(ing) One
15 - Coming Back
16 - White Dress
17 - Area 2
18 - For Her
19 - Dinosaur Love
20 - Decisions
21 - King Archer's Lair
22 - Accept and Appreciate
Teaser 2 - Dealing with the Unexpected
23 - Refuge
25 - I Need a Doctor
26 - Breakaway
27 - You Can't Be So Sure
28 - Bestfriends
29 - My Crazy Valentine
30 - Bullseye
31 - What Lies Behind
32 - Project "Proposal"
33 - Twisted Fate
34 - One Day More
35 - Mr. & Mrs. Teng
Teaser 3 - Under One Roof
36 - New Home
37 - War and Peace?
38 - The Other Side
39 - Changes in the Night
40 - About Time
41 - Stubborn
42 - Mad Love
43 - From the Heart
44 - Quits
45 - Evergreen Promises
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3

24 - Number One

2.1K 104 30
By alfieyourfan

Jeron knocked thrice on Matthew's door and waited for him to open up.

"Coming!", the unit owner shouted.

"Hey Mi--- Anong ginagawa mo dito? Where's Mika?", Matthew asked in surprise upon seeing the unexpected and unwanted guest on his doorstep.

"Why? Am I not welcome here? Mika can't come tonight. Masyado nang gabi for her to be out, let alone with a man like you. Kaya ako na lang proxy.", Jeron said as he forced himself inside the house.

Wala nang nagawa si Matthew nang makapasok ito at makita ang inihanda niya sa mesa.

"Wow. You really prepared a fancy dinner. Thanks ah. Gutom na rin ako.", sabi ni Jeron sabay upo sa hapag-kainan.

The table was set for two, and on it were a plate of pasta, chicken fingers and a bottle of wine.

Jeron helped himself and tasted the food without any permission from the other man who stood frozen in front of him.

"Masarap ah. I'd say my mom's cooking tastes better though. Anyway, what are gonna talk about? Ayoko ring magtagal eh.", Jeron said casually as he poured himself a glass of wine and drank it.

"Pamapalakas ng loob.", he thought.

"I have nothing to tell you. Kay Mika ako may sasabihin. I think you should leave now.", Matthew replied.

He went to the door afterwards and left it wide open.

"Matthew. Anything you want to tell her, you can tell me. Sasabihin ko naman sa kanya eh, verbatim pa.
Pero kung wala ka talagang sasabihin, ako meron."

Hindi nagsalita yung isa at hinintay siyang magpatuloy.

"Give her the right grade for your paper. Alam mong pinaghirapan niya yon. She doesn't deserve a failing mark.", Jeron said seriously.

"Yes, I know. And I wouldn't have given her that kung di ka pumapel. She has to realize that she needs me and not you. Sino ka ba talaga at ang lakas ng loob mong sunduin siya at ngayon sumugod dito? Mika and I have been friends since freshman year in med school. If you didn't arrive that night to fetch her, edi sana kami na ngayon."

Hearing Matthew's words, Jeron did not miss the grudge that the guy has harbored against him.

"The truth is, I have nothing to boast about. Pero since tinatanong mo kung sino ako, I'm going to introduce myself formally."

He stood from his chair and faced the unit owner who remained to be at a far distance because he was standing by the door.

"My name is Jeron Teng. Marketing graduate and a freelance photographer. Does Greenlight Hotels ring a bell?", tanong niya rito.

Matthew's forehead creased upon hearing his question but he still chose to answer it.

"Of course. That's where my father works. He's the general manager of one of their branches. What does it have to do with you?", he asked with a smug look on his face.

"Well, I didn't want to say this pero pinilit mo ko eh.
My father, Alvin Teng... is the owner of that hotel chain. You know that he's capable of making a decision which can change your life, considering that it's just your dad who works for your family, and your cousins.", Jeron answered.

"How did you---"

"Nakausap ko siya kahapon. Kaya kung ako sayo, sundin mo na lang ang sinasabi ko. You don't want to be the reason behind the loss of his job, right?"

Jeron didn't mean what he said. As a matter of fact, he found Mr. Eric Asuncion to be a good man.

"That's blackmail!", Matthew exclaimed.

"I didn't start this game. You did. Kaya I'm giving you the opportunity to end it. And I suggest you end it well. Talk to your prof first thing tomorrow and we won't have any problem."

Jeron was about to go out the door when he heard the other guy's voice.

"Why are you doing this?", Matthew whispered.

"Because I can't stand the sight of her crying...
Her pain has become my pain. And I'll do whatever I can, just to see her happy.", Jeron replied firmly.

"I'm expecting some change tomorrow. Malay natin, I just might change my mind about inviting you to our wedding.", pahabol niya bago umalis.

*****

MIKA

Today is the third and last day of enrollment.

Ano kayang nangyari kina Jeron kagabi?

Chineck ko yung phone ko pero ni ha ni ho, wala naman akong natanggap.

Ngayon na rin ba ang araw na mawawalan ako ng scholarship officially?

HUHUHUHUHUHUHU

I got up from my bed to prepare myself for the day.

May scholarship man o wala, mag-eenroll pa rin naman ako.

Just when I was frying bacon for breakfast, nag-ring yung phone ko.

Incoming call... Tori...

"Hello?", I answered.

"Bruha kang babae kaaa!!! DL 1!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU, FRIENDDD!!! WAG MO KONG KAKALIMUTAN AH!", sunud-sunod niyang sigaw.

I couldn't absorb the news just yet.

Hindi ako makapagsalita.

Kanina pinoproblema ko kung may scholarship ako, tapos ngayon malalaman kong rank 1 ako sa Dean's list?

"HUY TE! ANO NA! BUHAY KA PA BA DYAN?", Tori brought my attention back.

I turned the stove off and held my chest to catch my breath.

"Sigurado ka ba sa balita mo? Paano nangyari yun?", I asked.

"Baka pinaghirapan mo kasi ang sem na 'to? NKKLK, ikaw makakasagot nyan kasi ikaw naman may alam ng grades mo. Come here na and see the updated list for yourself! Daliii!"

"Ok ok! Will be there in an hour. Thanks, Tori!"

After dropping the call, I checked my grades online.

And there, na-uno ko rin yung Psych.

WOW.

Lumabas ako ng bahay para katukin yung nasa kabila.

I then heard steps coming down from upstairs until he opened the door.

And there in front of me stood a dashing chinito guy, rubbing his eyes cutely, making it obvious that he just woke up.

I couldn't help but crush him into a hug.

At that same moment, my tears came flowing like a waterfall.

"Sorry, sorry.", I said as I moved away, realizing that his shirt got wet once again because of my crying.

I felt his hands touch my face.

"Hey... Bakit umiiyak ka na naman?", he asked worriedly.

I shook my head several times.

"I'm just happy. DL 1 ako!!!", I said in glee.

"Really?! Congrats!"

Nagulat ako nang buhatin niya ako at pinaikot-ikot habang sumisigaw.

"DL 1 kaibigan ko!!!!!"

"Huy, ibaba mo nga ako! Nakakahiya sa mga kapitbahay."

I landed on my feet and he spoke.

"Diba exclusive pagiging magkapitbahay natin?"

"Sira. Tayo lang same lot pero may katabi pa rin tayo 'no. Tara sa bahay, breakfast."

"Wow! Sobrang good naman ng morning ko!"

I stared at him and saw the genuine happiness on his face.

"Thank you, Jeron. Thank you."

"Why? That was all you. I just asked your classmate to give you the right evaluation. Pero ikaw naman talaga ang nag-work for that."

I reached inside the pocket of my shorts and gave him the appreciation note that I made two nights ago.

He opened it at once.

"You don't really have to thank me.", he said seriously.

"Bakit naman?"

"Because it's my job to be your--- your awesome neighbor.", he responded with a smile.

"Ayan ka na naman."

Bigla na lang niyang hinila ang kamay ko at inakay papasok ng bahay.

"Tara na, gutom na ako. Excited na akong matikman luto mo.", he said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Wag kang mag-expect. Fried lang yun."

"With you, I learned not to expect anything. Because it's always been the unexpected that happens."

"Huh?"

"Wala. Feed me, baka kung ano pa masabi ko eh. Maaga pa para magsalita.", he replied.

Kakaiba pala talaga 'tong taong 'to sa umaga. Lalim ng mga hugot.

But whatever it is, I just feel so blessed for having him beside me, literally.

God is really for me. Maybe Jeron is the fulfillment of His promise of never leaving me nor forsaking me.

For now.

Pwedeng forever din?

Omaygulay, what am I thinking?

Am I actually seeing him as a possible man I could spend my life with?

Author's Note:

HI GUYS! Not as long as the others, sorryyy. Ang busy lang talaga. PERO GRABEEEE, JERSEY NUMBER 3 SI JERON MGA MENG!!! HUHUHUHU

Thank you all for waiting! This one's for the new ate's in my life whom I met during A Second Chance! Ate juvyfrancine, ate joey_dawsons, ate nelle, cy +++

And Ate Hannah, God bless sa exams!!!

Heart heart! Happy Saturday!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 1.7K 45
true love is just around the bend but lovers find it hard to get one...
295K 1.6K 7
Men lust in her She never felt respected even once Her dignity was gone But still, she love's her man - NOW AVAILABLE ON DREAME Credit to the rightf...
36.9K 1.3K 99
Classmates turns to Lovers. "I will always love you, FOREVER"
2.4M 69K 56
Hindi si Eunice ang klase ng babaeng naniniwala sa forever kahit pa taken siya. At kahit pa apat na taon na siyang may boyfriend, sobrang bitter pa r...