Change of Heart

By FluffyDoeAlex

AU where Emma is not snows or charmings daughter. This is a swan queen fanfic. Hope you enjoy. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
A/N
Good News Now
Chapter 6
Attention!
A/N
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 5

1.6K 87 19
By FluffyDoeAlex

The door slammed shut behind us, as she dragged me further into the house. Her grip on my hand is strong, but never hurtful. She dragged me over to the fire place and sat me down in front of it.

The warmth of the fire consumed me. Melting the snow that is stuck to my shawl. There was absolute silence. It was unbarring.

I can feel the anxiety run through my body.

Regina paced back and forth, treading wet boot prints on the wooden floor boards. The snow dripped down from her hair onto her cheeks, looking as though she was crying. Her hands were clenched fists, and they shook with anger.

Why was she angry?..

" ... your Majesty..." I whispered, trying to get her attention. If she kept pacing she would create holes in the floor. How would I explain that to my Mother...

Nothing.

" .. My Queen..?" I said it a bit louder.

Nothing.

"Regina! Please stop pacing!" I yell at her.

She stops.

Finally.

Her eyes bore holes into mine; you can see her deflate when she realized what I called her. A soft smile played on her lips. Then her eyes dart to my neck again... I feel self-conscious under her hard gaze.

" Regina.... Can you please sit down?" I ask softly. Her gaze jumps back into my emerald eyes, they visibly soften. She takes slow steps towards me, her eyes never leaving mine. I hold out my hand for her to take, she blushes but complies.

She eyes darting over the floor I am sitting on; she scoffs slightly as it is covered in dust.

I pull her down anyway.

She plops down beside me, sighing happily as the warmth of the fire tickles her cold skin. She looks over to me, the anger returning to her features. Not towards me.. which I am thankful for.

I can see sparks of purple magic jumping from her finger tips as she brings her hand up to my neck. I gasp against her cold touch.

" Emma.. I promise this will not hurt.." she tells me softly.

The magic that was just dancing on her fingers are now swirling as they touch the bruise on my neck. I close my eyes, as the sensation of magic filled my senses. Warmth flooded my system from the magic.

I open my eyes; the loss of her hand from on my neck draws me out of the darkness. My eyes flutter open to hers. Anger is still evident in her eyes. I look over towards the mirror in the corner.

The bruise was gone.

A shaky breath falls from my lips, wondering what she will ask. What would she do? Oh gosh... what If she finds out it was my Mother... What would she do then?...

She must have seen the conflicted look on my face, as she reaches to cup my cheek. I lean right into the soft touch.

I do not think I will be able to tell her It is my Mother..

What would my Mother do if she finds out I told on her...

I can feel hot tears running down my cheeks.. Conflicted.

I still love my Mother, no matter what she had done to me..

Regina's thumb wipes away my tears, as she stares directly into my eyes. I want to look at her but I am scared that she will know what I am thinking.

Throwing my arms around her neck, almost jumping on her. I bury my face in her neck, openly sobbing. I can feel her stiffen at first contact but immediately relaxes. Her fingers run through my hair and rub up and down my back.

I think I could spend forever in her arms...

As the night grew on she left finally. I laid in my bed, recalling what had happen before she left... she asked me questions. She asked who done this to me..

" Emma can you please tell me who did this to you...?" Her voice was soft.

I did not want to lie... but I felt I had to...

I told her I was attacked in the alley close by my house. At first she did not looked convinced, but she finally gave in. She told me she would find the ones who did this and they should be punished.

I can myself grimace at the memory.

I lied to the only one who actually cared...

The next time I saw the Queen, it was the day after.

I woke up that morning, shivering. I was on the ground; I was stripped in only a thin shirt and pants.

The door slammed again that night, but from my mother this time. Her drunken glazed over eyes, stared angrily into mine..

" Emma!" She screamed at me. Her voice had the usual slur.

She walks towards me, pulling me by the shirt and pushing me against the wall. I flinch at the rough contact against my back.

She pointed to the floor boards, which were still soaked with dirty foot prints.

" I supply so much for you! .. and THIS is how you repay me!" Her left hand comes up above my head, slamming itself against my cheek. The hit stung my cheek. I move to move my hand up to cradle my cheek, but she just grabs my hands down and forcefully holds them against the wall.

Her sharp nails dig into my wrist, causing me to flinch.

She looks at the fear in my eyes and smirks darkly at that.

" Get into your room Emma." She growls.

I stay unmoving, as she is still pinning me down.

She grabs roughly onto my hair, and drags me into my room. Throwing me into it.

She starts chucking.

She reaches into my room and takes my woolen blankets and shawl.

" I hope you freeze." She growls at me.

I trace over my cheek at the memory, wincing slightly as I run over bruised flesh.

The sun light shines through the cracks of the corners of the boarded up window.

The bedroom door bounding open makes me stagger farther against the wall. Mother. Her face has a wicked smirk..
What is she doing home...

She walks into the room, grabbing my wrist and pulling me out the door. I stagger behind her, losing my balance as she pushes me against the wall.

I can hear the horse hooves from outside..

Is it already that late?

The horse hooves sound closer. Until they come to a complete stop.

My Mother's right hand goes straight to my throat, choking me instantly. Her left hand wraps around my forearm.

I gasp for breath, she keeps squeezing tighter.

I know The Queen has to be outside the door.

My vision starts to go dark, and my lungs tighten.

I am going to die If she does not stop now..

Looking towards the door, I can see 2 visible feet outside from under the small gap below the door.

I took my chance... I screamed with whatever breath I had left. It was small, but a sound. I knew she had to of heard it.

I can feel my heart start slowing down, and my vision goes dark. My body limps to the ground, as she drops her hands and the front door flies open.

Regina... she came to save me.

I take fast breaths into my lungs, gasping for oxygen. My vision clears up, showing The Queen standing there. With absolute pure anger in her eyes. Her gaze burns holes into my mother. I can feel her magic radiating throughout the room.

I start to cough from over inhalation. Her eyes bolt to me, softening quickly. Regina runs towards me, kneeling in front of me. She looks down towards the forming bruises on my neck and arm.

"What do you think YOU are doing?! Barging into My home." My Mother slurs. Regina stiffens, and a smirk plays on her lips.

"Do you not know who I am?!" Regina yells at her.

I flinch at her tone. I am so use to her talking more softly, that I had forgotten the Regal side of her. Regina leaves as the Evil Queen enters.

Regina runs up towards my Mother, with a fire ball evident in her hand. She throws it right at her feet.

A warning shot.

My Mother screams as blinding heat burns through a layer of skin.

She makes another fireball, this one aiming at her torso.

The fire catches on her wool shawl, creating a bigger fire. My Mother runs towards the front door. From what I can see she is lying on the snow, putting out the fire. Steam rising from where she has fallen.

The Queen casts a quick glance towards me before making her way towards my Mother.

She is going to kill her...

I gather all my strength and lift my tired body from the cold ground.

" .... What do YOU think you were doing to MY Emma?!" The Queen screamed, it echoing through the village.

I cannot help but to smile softly at that.

Village people walking out from their homes after hearing the commotion. They all stare at the Woman still lying there on the ground. My Mother.

Regina produces restraints and wraps them around her. Branches from the trees above, wrapping around her wrists and ankles. My mother screams, once again. So a branch wraps around her mouth.

I stagger out of the front door, the cold washing over my skin. I start to shiver uncontrollably.

A fire ball appears in Regina's hand, and the gathering crowd gasp.

"NO!" I scream, running towards Regina. I throw my arms around her tightly.

" Please... please do not do this.." I whisper softly into her ear.

She pulls back from me, confusion evident on her face.

" But she hurt you! She deserves this!" She yelled. I take her head in my hand, and place a soft kiss on her cheek.

" Please... she is still my mother.. I cannot lose her too."

Regina looks taken back. Either from the soft kiss on her cheek or the admittance. A warm blush appears on her cheeks, and the fire ball disappears.

I sigh and hold her close to me. She wraps her arms around me and our bodies mold perfectly together.

" Get your shawl Emma, you are coming with me." It was a demand. Though I did not mind it one bit.

Grabbing my shawl and the necklace from the house, I go towards the carriage where the Queen was waiting. The villagers were all gone

back into their homes, as Regina threatened to take away their happy ending.

The inside of the carriage is not as different from the exterior. She pulls me to sit beside her, half on her lap. I lean my head against her shoulder. The carriage abruptly moves forward.

"... Regina?"

"Yes Emma?" She whispers.

"You called me yours.." I whisper softly, barely audible. Wondering if she meant to say it back at the house.

She stiffens under me. I sit up to look her in the eyes; they were emotionless and filled with.... Fear? Why was she scared?

I lean in and place a small kiss on the corner of her lips.

Falling back down on her, with my head against her chest..

"Regina... I like being yours..."

I swear I can hear her heart speed up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 768 18
This is the sequel to "Shared Pain" *SwanQueen fanfiction *I recommend reading "Shared Pain" first *I do not own these characters *This story mention...
45.5K 1.5K 12
What if both Emma and Regina went to New York with Henry once Peter Pan had enacted his curse? *SwanQueen fanfiction *You have to have watched Once U...
107K 5K 43
Set after 3x11 Going Home, after Pan's curse hits. This fic ignores ANYTHING that comes after this episode. What if everyone hadn't met Zelena in th...
45.2K 2K 19
So I wrote this story a while back . Its inspired by true events and the other parts are events I came up with. So I finished it and decided to mak...