The Tattoo (formerly Unbreaka...

By jaejae97

He who wins the war writes the history books. His war is the only one that is just, anything else is a foolis... More

The Tattoo
Watching From the Shadows
Bravery as Stupidity
A Birthday is a Birthday Even if it's Late
Dishes Need Done
So it Begins
Ash
Don't Say Sorry
Distractions
Cameron
Change
We Don't Get to Choose
What on Earth
Routine
Something Broken
A Runaway
Psychotic
You May be Blood
The Small Parade
Curiouser and Curiouser
It's Just Me
Figment of Imagination
A Plan
Royale
Toying
Long Enough to Know
You'll Only Confuse Him
Number Three-Oh-Seven
A Long Drive to Watch the Sunset
Better Than Speeding
The Ring
On Set
That Obvious
Writing
The Stupidest Thing
Feeling Guilty
Life Without That Tattoo
Everything Alright?
All's Well That Ends Well

It's All Love and Rewards

619 15 0
By jaejae97

The two girls met Meriddion's father,  Gerald and Henry in the dining room.

"Hello, everyone."

"Hello, Meriddion, Cecelia."

The girls took their seats and waited as the food was brought out. Meriddion watched as Ash sat a plate in front of her, not daring to raise his eyes.

"Is that your boy, Mary?"

"It is."

"Working?"

"He is."

"You ought to reward his good behavior."

The rest of the dinner passed uneventfully. Meriddion and Cecelia chose to watch a movie in Mary's room. Lionel followed them there  and stood by the door. Again he cleared his throat and spoke.

"Mistress?"

Cecelia groaned.

"Ugh, what?"

"It's just, mistress, I was wondering about Ash. He has done everything asked of him and he's been working all day, is he to remain in the cells?"

Cece turned back to Meriddion.

"It is a valid point. You've had your time to cope with what's happened, you should make a decision."

Meriddion sighed, "may as well have here. Do not return until the evening's work is finished."

He nodded with the slightest hint of a smile and left the room. Meriddion turned to her friend.

"How on earth am I to reward him Cece?"

"Well, nothing too big, obviously. He is just a slave, do the same thing you'd do to reward a dog, that's all they are really."

Meriddion shook her head, Cece was right; wasn't she?

"So, a new toy?" She laughed at her own joke.

"Exactly!"

"But, I can't just buy someone a dog toy."

"Not a dog toy, a hoodie or something easy like that."

"Okay, let's run into town to get something."

So they got up and walked out of the house.

Ash all but collapsed when Lionel entered the kitchen.

Collecting untreated wounds had weakened him severely.

The smile on Lionel's face spread to Ash's as his realized what it must mean.

"You're to stay in her room tonight."

Ash's smile brightened. He had done it.

Lionel went to Pierre and asked what work could be done. He was given a task and began to work. Soon after everything was finished Lionel led the way to Meriddion's room.The girls were now watching the movie they had set out to watch.

They stood inside the door unnoticed for the two hours that the movie lasted. When it finally ended it was almost midnight. The girls decided it was time to head to bed.

Ash had never been permitted to sleep so near his master, he would've tried to kill them.

He had to steady his breathing to remove such thoughts from his mind, he had made his choice.

-Photo:Henry

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18 0 9
"Is it going to hurt? What does it feel like?" He shrugged and looked back down at my side making my skin heat. Reaching out a gloved finger again, h...
224 99 18
Riley: When I was eighteen I made a huge mistake. Part of that error was a friendship tattoo that would link him and me together. That tattoo is a sy...
296 0 32
Every tattoo covers a scar. Each tattoo and scar have a story. Only two people know the stories behind them all. Will there be a thrid? *Trigger Warn...
145K 2.3K 7
"If you're brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello." - Paulo Coelho With that said, goodbye to the wrong woman in my life...