Daring Dixon (A Daryl Dixon f...

Galing kay RosalineDixon98

Rosaline is a nomad, living in the abandoned buildings of Atlanta during the walker epidemic. When she meets... Higit pa

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
A Sneak Peak at the Sequel!

Chapter 19

25.2K 636 164
Galing kay RosalineDixon98

The second I realized that it was Daryl, I took off running towards the others. By the time I got to them, they had Daryl hoisted between Rick and Shane. I gave Shane a look and then took over for him, putting Daryl's arm around my neck and hoisting him up, running back to the farm house with Rick. Andrea came and met us half way, and I shot her a dirty look.

We dragged Daryl up the stairs into the porch and then into a room that an old man, probably who everyone talked about who's name was Hershel, gestured us to set him on the bed.

"Do you think he'll be okay?" I whispered anxiously.

"The bullet only grazed him. He should be okay," Rick assured.

"If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to work alone for the time being," the man said.

We all nodded and made our way out to the porch. Dale and Andrea were sitting down. I walked up to  Andrea and got into her face.

"We're you dropped on your head as a baby or were you just born stupid?" I demanded. She flinched back, her face full of regret. But I couldn't back down. "You could have killed him, and then what? We'd all lose any sense of direction in finding Sophia and then we'd starve to death. Do you even think before you act?"

Andrea sat there, speechless. Rick put a hand on my shoulder. "Rosaline, that's enough. Andrea made a mistake, but luckily nobody was seriously hurt."

"Nobody was seriously hurt? She shot Daryl in the fucking head!" I exploded.

"Calm down. Hershel will patch Daryl up and everything will be okay. I promise," Rick said. So the old man was Hershel. That was good to know.

I shot both Rick and Andrea dirty looks and I stalked inside. The door was open and Hershel was busy cleaning up Daryl. I walked inside, and Hershel looked up from his work.

"I thought I told you all to clear out," he said.

"I can't," I said softly, my voice pleading for him to let me stay with Daryl.

"He your husband?" Hershel asked. I shook my head. "Then what?"

"It's complicated," I said. He nodded.

"If you're gonna be in here, make yourself useful and get me some water from the faucet in the kitchen," he said. I nodded, then walked down the hall, not sure where the kitchen was but knowing I would most likely find it.

Maggie, the dark haired girl that had shown me to the bathroom, was in the kitchen when I finally found it. "I need something to put some water in," I said. She nodded, going over to the cupboards and handing me a large bowl and a wash cloth.

"Another injury?" Maggie asked.

"Yep. Daryl, the one with the crossbow. Andrea shot him, and who knows what else happened. He was pretty rough when he got back," I informed her. She nodded, taking the bowl from me and filling it, then handing it back. 

When I got back to the room, Daryl was regaining consciousness. The sight of me seemed to throw him, and his eyes widened. "How are you feeling?" I asked him quietly as Hershel cleaned the wound on his head.

"Just chipper," he said sarcastically. I cracked a smile.

"That's what I like to hear," I joked with a smile.

"You need to let me do you're back and side now," Hershel said.

"You mind leaving?" Daryl asked. I knitted my eyebrows together, puzzled, but I didn't argue.

I went back out onto the porch. Rick and the others were waiting there. They looked at me like I had everything they needed to know. I sighed angrily. I didn't want to tell them anything, but I knew they'd find out anyway. "He's conscious, Hershel's just cleaning a wound on his back," I said.

The others gave a sigh of relief, and then dispersed, minus Andrea, Rick, and Dale, who stayed on the porch. Glenn went in the house and T-Dog and Shane went back to camp. I shot Andrea another dirty look and then went to sit on the steps of the porch.

It seemed like an eternity before Hershel came out to tell us that if we would like to, we could check on Daryl for a few minutes, but he needed his rest. I pushed everyone out of the way and went into his room, sitting at the foot of his bed. I heard the others file in behind me, but I didn't pay any attention.

"You can say it. I know I look like hell," he joked. I cracked a soft smile.

"What happened?" I asked softly.

"Damn horse bucked me off, fell down the side of a mountain, got an arrow stuck through my side, and then I was almost devoured by a walker. Oh, and then some dumbass shot me," he said. I smiled.

"Uh, Daryl, that, um, dumbass, was me," Andrea said sheepishly.

"Don't worry about it," he said. "Anyone could've made that mistake," he said. She smiled and shook her head in agreement.

"It's nice to see your smiling face around camp again," Daryl said jokingly.

"Ha ha, very funny," I said sarcastically.

"No, I'm serious. I wasn't sure if you'd ever come out of that funk," he said.

"It wasn't a funk," I said angrily. "I had just seem both my parents brains get blown out before my eyes! You can't expect me to just jump right back in to life like nothing happened! I needed time to come to terms with that crazy event, and it just so happened that it meant that I needed a few days by myself!"

My voice rose steadily, anger coloring it. He had some damn nerve.

"Do you think I had any time to morn after I lost my brother? What about both my parents? Did you forget they're dead too?" he demanded. I opened my mouth to speak, but another voice came from the doorway.

"Is there a problem?" Maggie asked. The others had left, so it was just Daryl and I in the room.

"No," I said, standing. "I was just leaving."

I walked out of the room and past Maggie. The others were back at the camp, so I made my way towards them. Once again, they averted their eyes. "I'm getting sick and tired of everyone avoiding me like the damned plague. Let's get something straight; I am not suicidal, I cannot pass of my depression on any one of you, and I sure as hell don't want your sympathy," I said. I stalked past them all and climbed the ladder to the top of the RV.

Instead of Dale, Glenn was on top of the RV, and I contemplated turning around and going back down the ladder. But I finished going up it. Glenn gave me a sideways smile. "We aren't avoiding you because we think you can give us your depression," Glenn said.

"Then why?" I demanded. "Because I'm getting pretty sick and tired of that."

"We don't know how to react around you," Glenn said. "Ask Andrea; after Amy died, we didn't know how to react around her either."

"Well it's bullshit. I'm no different than I was two weeks ago, except for then, I just thought my parents were dead. Now they really are," I snapped.

"It's nothing against you. People just don't know how to react," Glenn said.

I sighed, shaking my head. "It's pissing me off."

Glenn stood silent, watching the horizon and throwing me sideways glances. "What?" I demanded finally.

"Dale said that you and Daryl were arguing. What was that about?" Glenn asked.

"It was nothing," I said, brushing him off.

"If must not have been nothing if you were arguing," Glenn said.

"Glenn, I don't want to talk about it," I snapped, turning my back to him and preparing myself to climb down the ladder.

"Everything will be okay," Glenn said quietly. I turned back to him.

"That's what they always say," I said, then climbed down the ladder.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

8.6K 646 19
Semi-mature. Book Three picks up fourteen months after the last chapter of Home Is Your Heartbeat. Nate is an Aussie girl who was stranded in Georgia...
6.3K 222 28
A nurse who is kind and gentle. And a guy who is fierce and rough. Complete opposites. Daryl Dixon x fem'reader story
151K 6.5K 104
Semi-mature. Completed. Book Two picks up immediately from the last chapter of Home is You. Nate is an Aussie girl who was stranded in Georgia during...
457K 11.7K 41
Madeline or Maddie Davidson has an okay life. Being 22 and living at home is never easy. Her mother is a drunken druggie and her father is a drunken...