A Sneak Peak at the Sequel!

Okay guys, here is a previously unseen look at the sequel, Floating , and I hope you like it!

Daryl sat on the couch inside the apartment that he they had stayed in on their first night in Trousdale. His face was blank, but inside he was waging a war on himself. He hated himself for letting her go. He hated himself for letting his ego get in the way. But most of all, he hated that he would never get the chance to reconcile for what had happened between himself and Rosaline.

Daryl knew Merle was laying in the bedroom, but he knew Merle was feeling just as guilty as he was and probably wasn't getting much sleep. Daryl sighed, stood, and picked up his crossbow from where it had previously resided on the floor. He needed to get out, get himself some fresh air. He couldn't just sit there anymore.

It had occurred to Daryl many times that Rosaline might've survived. But he knew, deep down, that if she had, she would have been knocking on the door, wondering why they left her behind. So far, she had not done so, and they had been back at the apartment since the everything had happened the night before, and the sun was now becoming low in the horizon. They had been there almost a day. If Rosaline was coming back, she'd have been back already.

Daryl didn't bother to tell Merle where he was going. Merle was off alone by himself, and Daryl wasn't about to interrupt that. Besides, he didn't have to answer to anyone but himself anymore. He wouldn't answer to anyone anymore.

When Daryl got to the street level and opened the door, he was surprised to not find anything lurking behind the building. Not that he would've cared. He would've killed those mother fuckers and not given it a second thought. Those bastards were the reason that he'd never get to see Rosaline again. And he was going to make them pay, one way or another.

So that is that! I hope you all liked it! I should be posting the first chapter of Floating sometime early next week but I make no promises.

I want to take  a minute and discuss a few things. First, as I've said, Floating is going to be a lot different than this story. It will not be in Rosaline's perspective, for starters. Second, it is going to introduce lots of characters that we all know and love, although I will not be following the season 3 story line very closely. I want to make my own as much as possible, so that's how I am planning to do it.

Next, I would like to remind you about my other fanfic, Georgia On My Mind, which I am still currently working on. It is like my baby, and I love writing it. I would like to encourage you to all go check it out, even if the idea of a Shane fanfic doesn't exactly float your boat. I assure you, there is no love story concerning Shane. Ick. :-)

I'd like to once again thank you for your kindness in getting me to where I am today. I would be nothing without my loyal fans. You guys are amazing and I can't thank you enough.

So I guess that's it. I'm drawing this out because I can't bear to let this go. It's been amazing writing this. And I am so grateful for all of you. Ending this chapter is like closing the door on something great. And I can barely bring myself to do it, even with sequel coming your way.

Alright, I'll stop it with the sappy stuff. :-)

Don't forget to check out Floating when it is posted. :-)