Chapter 9

After dinner, Jenner led us to where we were going to sleep. "The rooms aren't much. These were generally the rooms given to guests visiting the CDC for affairs. Nothing fancy. There are six rooms, two beds to a room. You'll have to double up. Kids, there is a rec room down the hall you may enjoy. Don't plug anything in, and if you take a shower, go easy on the hot water," Jenner said. We all exchanged looks. We hadn't had showers in ages. We split up into pairs, minus Rick and his family, and went to our rooms.

"Andrea, do you-"

"No, sorry," she said. "The other bed is taken." I asked around but only Daryl had an empty bed. I was contemplating sleeping on the couch in the rec room, but I knew that if I did that it would raise some eyebrows. Not that sharing a room with Daryl wouldn't.

I sighed, going in the room and throwing my bag on the bed closest to the door. Daryl was already sitting on the other. "I'm going to shower," I said,  grabbing my last set of clean clothes and closing the door of the conjoined bathroom behind me.

"Make it quick," he said.

I had intended to take a short shower. I really did. But the water was so invigorating. It was like being baptized. When I opened the door from the bathroom, Daryl frowned. "So much for being quick about it," he muttered under his breath. I shook my head, grabbing my clothes and walking down the hall to Carol's room.

Her door was open, so I peeked my head in. "Carol?" I asked.

"Yes?" she asked, coming out of the bathroom.

"Do you have some soap? I need to wash my clothes," I said.

"Don't worry about it, dear," she said, taking the clothes from me. "I'll be up for a while. I'll do them for you," she offered.

"That's awfully sweet of you Carol, but you don't have to do that," I said. She smiled.

"It's no problem," she said.

"Thank you so much, Carol," I said.

"Don't mention it," she said. I went back to my room. Daryl was out of the shower and was laying on his bed in only his boxers with his hands folded behind his head.

"Whoa," I said when I entered, looking down at my feet in embarrassment. "Will you please put some clothes on?"  I begged. I could hear him smirk.

"Nope," he said, a smile in his voice.

"Then cover up," I demanded. "I'm going to the rec room to get a book. Please be decent by the time I get back," I begged.

I walked down the hall to the rec room. The door was closed, but I didn't pay any attention. I opened the door, and my mouth dropped open in shock. After a second of recovery, I rushed over and gave Shane a push. His eyes widened and he moved away from Lori. He had her on the table and had been forcing himself on her. I gave him a hard stare.

"If I ever see you so much as bump into her again, I will not hesitate in putting a bullet in your head, you understand me?" I demanded.

"You ain't gonna do nothing you prude bitch," he said.

"Then I suggest you sleep with one eye open Shane, because that day will come. Leave," I demanded. He laughed and ran his fingers through his hair. "I said leave! And if you are not out of here in three seconds, you'll regret it."

He scoffed and made his way towards me. I flinched back, and I could see satisfaction in his eyes as a I did so. "You better watch yourself," he said, then pushed past me and left the room. I turned to Lori.

"Are you alright?" I asked. She nodded. "We need to find Rick and-"

"No," she said firmly. "You can't tell Rick. Promise me you won't tell him," she begged.

"Lori, I don't think you know what your say-"

"Of course I know what I'm saying," she spat. "You cannot tell Rick. I'm begging you. He can't know about this, because then I'd have to tell him about before he showed up again and I- I just can't tell him that now."

I sighed. "If you want me to I can keep it a secret, but I don't think it's a good idea," I said.

Her eyes brimmed with tears. "Thank you. Thank you so much," she choked out.

Sorry this was so short! I know on the show there were no actual beds to sleep in, but I decided that for this particular fanfic, it would be best if beds were made available to the survivors. I hope you like my work so far. Don't forget to vote and comment!