Look Before You Leap [True Bl...

By luckandillusions

*COMPLETE* When Rachel & Lily Compton's mother dies, they discover an estate in Bon Temps was left to them. B... More

1: Introductions
2: Three Weeks Later
3: It's Never Nothing
4: Down In Mississippi And Up To No Good
5: Two Can Play That Game
6: If You Love Me Then Why Are You Dying?
7: Vampires, Werewolves, and Faeries, Oh My!
8: Get The Fuck Off My Front Porch
9: Time Passes, Things Change
10: Everyone Hates Witches
11: Identity Crisis
12: A Lot Can Happen In 400 Years
13: Trust Me
14: The Heart Wants What The Heart Wants
15: Sisters Stick Together
16: Before Things Get Better
17: The Voice Of Reason
18: Missing Information
19: Collabortation
20: The Gangs All Here
21: Just When Things Were Looking Up
22: Changes
23: Last Line Of Defense
24: What's Good For You
25: Prisoners Without Chains
27: No Growth Without Change
28: The More You Know, The Less You Believe
29: Losing The One You Love
30: Between A Rock And A Hard Place
31: Welcome To The Fun House
32: All Good Things Come To An End
33: When One Door Closes
34: Happily Ever After
35: A Pale Horse Named Death
36: Things Fall Apart
37: Reunion
38: Losing Forever
39: Fallout
40: Where Do We Go From Here?
41: Secrets Are No Fun
42: Hope For Tomorrow
43: Good Times Ahead

26: Right Vs. Wrong

348 15 0
By luckandillusions

RPOV

"I made lemonade," I said sitting out a pitcher and some glasses.

"Would've rather had a beer," Jackson said.

"Well lemonade is better for you," I said pouring him a glass. He grumbled but took it anyways. I took another glass to Alcide who was working on putting a fence up around the trailer. He finished it in a couple of seconds. As I was pouring a refill a truck pulled up. A man got out and walked towards the three of us.

"Evening, Jackson," he said. Jackson grunted. "Alcide, haven't see you since you were a pup. And who is this?" He asked gesturing towards me.

"Alcide's girlfriend," I answered.

"Not a were," he noted.

"Nope," I said.

"Interesting."

"Did you come here for a reason?" Jackson asked him.

"I've been warning people. There's been a bunch of baby vamp attacks in the area; the vamps are building their ranks."

"Baby vamps on their own?" I asked. "Where are their makers?

"How should I know?" He shrugged. "Anyways, just thought I'd let you know, so you'd be prepared."

"That's why we're building a silver fence," Jackson said. "Now get off my land." I ducked back inside the trailer as the man was starting to leave to grab my phone. I dialed Lily again but she didn't answer. When Jessica had called me a few days ago asking if I'd heard from Lily or Bill I told her I hadn't but I was sure they were fine. Truthfully, I was extremely worried about my sister. Jackson brushed past me as I went back outside.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked.

"Still bitter about getting kicked out of the pack," Alcide said.

"What'd he do?"

"Stole some money from them. He won't admit though." I tossed my phone back and forth between my hands. Alcide glanced up from his work and looked at me. "You alright?"

"Just worried about Lil is all."

"The girl is tough, I'm sure she's fine wherever she is. Plus she has Eric and Bill on her side, right? There's no way either of them would let anything happen to her."

I nodded. "You're right, I just feel like I should be doing something to look for her."

"We'll leave soon, don't worry."

OoOoO

That night we were sitting in the trailer. Jackson was watching TV and Alcide was heating up some microwave dinner. I was debating whether it would be more be more comfortable to sleep in here or to sleep in Alcide's truck outside. I heard voices outside and looked out the window to see some baby vamps near the fence, one of the girls touched it and squealed when it burnt her skin. I looked over at Alcide, "There are some vamps outside and they're going next door." Alcide grabbed his gun.

"Don't go out there," Jackson said.

"We can't let some innocent people die," I said. "Come on, Alcide."

Before Alcide opened the gate he looked at me, "Stay in here, don't argue with me this time." I nodded and he went through the gate towards the other trailer. The vampires who had been at our fence were climbing all over the trailer next door scaring the old woman inside. Alcide shot one of the vamps before it had a chance to react. The other two jumped on him and knocked the gun out of his hand.

I pushed the gate open quickly and ran across the lawn. I grabbed Alcide's gun and shot one of the vamps. From behind me an arrow hit the third vampire who had a hold of Alcide. I turned to see Jackson on the roof of his trailer holding a bow.

LPOV

"Where are we going?" I asked. I had to yell pretty loud to be heard over the wind around us.

"To find Russell." A few minutes later the three of us landed in an empty field. I could hear yelling and turned around to see Russell trying to attack the faeries. I started to run towards him but Eric grabbed me and put me next to Nora. "He's mine to kill."

"How did you like flying?" Nora asked as if it was perfectly normal to be in a field full of faeries and an insane old vampire.

"It was fun, a little cold though."

"Vampires don't feel temperature," she said.

"It was cold," I repeated. She didn't say anything, just looked at me curiously. Eric came back covered in Russell's blood and I realized what he had come here to do had been accomplished. Sookie ran past me. I turned and followed her and stopped in front of her. She screamed and jumped back.

"Lily?" She said surprised. "What the happened to you?"

"Russell almost killed me. This was the only option."

"Oh my god there is so much we need to talk about." She motioned me forward and I noticed Jason lying on the ground.

"Is he ok?" I asked. She didn't say anything and we both crouched down next to him. "Jason?" I pushed him softly in the shoulder. "Jason, wake up." Sookie shook him and he moved a little before pushing himself up on his forearms to look at us.

"Lily, we need to go," Eric called.

I stood up and patted Sookie's shoulder as I left. "I'll see you soon." I walked back into the clearing where the two vampires were waiting on me.

Before we could leave one of the faeries ran towards me. "Lily Compton?" She asked. I heard some of the other faeries trying to call her back.

"Yes?"

"I am Claudette, my sister Claudine was your faerie godmother," she told me.

"Oh, yeah, sorry about her." I glanced at Eric over my shoulder.

"It is very rare, to have a hybrid such as yourself. There hasn't been one in thousands of years. We are looking into it for you, so you will know what things you can and cannot do now, though I expect you have already begun to figure some of that out for yourself." She stated to walk away from me and then stopped and turned. "Try going into the sun and tell me what happens."

When she was gone Eric and Nora came up next to me. "Ready to go?" He asked. I nodded and we shot off into the sky once again.

OoOoO

We landed this time out side of Fangtasia. We went through the front door and into the club which I felt like I hadn't seen in ages. Even though I had only been locked up in the Authority for a few weeks it felt like months. "Where is everyone?" I asked.

"They got Pam," Tara said coming out of the back room.

"We have to go back in there," Eric said.

"That is insane," Nora said. "Lily, tell him that is insane."

"Pam's my sister now, I can't exactly let her die," I said.

"She's your what?" Tara asked. I glanced over at her and her eyes widened. "You're not a vamp now too are you?" I nodded and she groaned. "Never in a million years was this supposed to happen to you and me, your skank sister, maybe, but not us."

"Could you maybe not insult my actual sister?"

"You two can't be seriously considering going back in there!" Nora said stopping Tara from saying anything else. "They will kill us."

"That's a chance I'm willing to take," Eric said. We went down into the basement and started gathering the things we needed.

OoOoO

An hour later we were in Sookie's house. Jason and Sookie were sitting in her living room and both looked a bit surprised to see us. I noticed Jason look back towards the couch as if there was someone else sitting on it besides Sookie. No one else seemed to notice that he was acting strange though, so I ignored it.

"We need your help," I told Sookie.

"With what?" She asked.

"The Authority has Bill and Jessica and Pam," Eric told her.

"There is no way I am letting her go with you lot of fangers. Lily, how can you associate with them? They've ruined your life and almost got Rachel killed more than once. They're fucking monsters."

"Too bad I'm one too," I said. Jason's eyes widened in surprised.

"Lil? You're a vampire?"

"Yeah, I am. And now if you don't mind I would like to save my family from dying. Ok?"

"Bill was behind the TruBlood factory attacks. We need to get him out now before he loses himself entirely. Lily couldn't do it but maybe you can," Eric said to Sookie.

"Plus you owe Pam," Tara added.

She nodded. "Alright, let's do it."

"I'm coming with you," Jason said standing up.

"That's a horrible idea, Jason," I said. "You don't know what these people are like."

"They aren't people and neither are you."

"Jason-" Sookie started to say but I cut her off.

"I've never been one hundred percent human and neither have you. I don't care about whose side I'm on, human, vampire, faerie, I care that my friends are dying and right now I'm not doing anything to stop it. So either you shut up and help us or you sit here and mope and let us leave." I turned and walked out of the house.

RPOV

Alcide and his father had gone hunting and brought back a buck for dinner. I stared at it as they put it up on a table. "What?" Alcide asked.

"I've never eaten deer before," I told him shrugging.

"Seriously?" Jackson asked.

"I'm from Colorado. I eat organic veggies and free range chicken." The guys laughed and I sat down. I turned my chair so my back would be towards the table where they were working on the deer. I didn't really need to see that. "We should go to Colorado."

"Why?" Alcide asked.

"Because she'd rather be there than living in a trailer with her boyfriend's father," Jackson said.

"This isn't permanent," Alcide told me.

"We could move back to Carbondale. No one would know you; it would be like starting over."

"She's got a point," Jackson said. None of us said anything for awhile and I started to fall asleep. "It's going on the grill. Rachel, go check and see if there are any sides in the fridge."

"I went shopping yesterday, there's potato salad," I told him. "I'm not getting up so someone better serve me." Alcide laughed but went inside anyways. "Smells decent, I guess."

"Are you insulting my cooking?"

"How was that an insult? If you wanted to be insulted I could tell you that plaid went out of fashion three years ago."

Alcide came outside just as a car pulled up. I could hear someone screaming from inside of it and Martha jumped out. "Thank god you two are here. Come and help me get Rikki out of the car."

"Rikki?" I asked. Alcide and I both ran over. When Martha opened the door and Rikki saw Alcide she got out quickly. She looked horrible; a lot like Debbie had when she was on V. "Are you alright?" I asked her.

"They made me drink it!" She told us. She grabbed Alcide's shirt and Martha tried to pull her away. "Don't touch me you fucking bitch." Alcide grabbed Rikki before she could attack Martha.

"What the fuck happened?" I asked. Alcide turned to take Rikki inside.

"JD is forcing weres to drink vampire blood. I'm afraid she might have ODed!"

I grabbed Martha's arms and made her stop moving. "Martha, calm down. We'll figure something out."

"I have something that will help," Jackson said. We went into the trailer and he pulled a bottle out of one of the cabinets.

"Liquid silver?" I asked reading the label.

"Makes the V want to leave the body. Not a pleasant feeling, but it will work."

I nodded and went over to the couch. "Open your mouth, Rikki." She shook her head. "Rikki, this will help. I promise." I glanced at Martha who forced Rikki's mouth open. I put a few drops in her mouth. It took a few minutes to take effect and then she started screaming again. Her sweat was turning blood red and I glanced back at Jackson. "Is that supposed to happen?"

"It'll leave the body anyway it can. She might start throwing up too, grab a bowl." Alcide handed me a bowl and I sat it on the floor next to the couch.

"How do you know all this?" Alcide asked him.

"He's taken V before," I said. "I found some in one of the cabinets when I was putting groceries up yesterday morning."

"And you didn't tell me?" Alcide asked.

"It wasn't my place."

"Why would you do that?" He asked turning to face his father.

"Lots people have tried to kill me and I have to defend myself somehow. Sounds to me like you need a way to defend yourself too. I have better V; if you took it there would be no way JD could beat you."

"No," I answered before Alcide had the chance. They both looked at me. "If you do that, you'll never forgive yourself. We can stop JD another way."

"There is no other way," Jackson said.

OoOoO

We drove straight back to Louisiana and out into the woods where Martha told us the pack had been spending a lot of nights. "I'll wait in the car with Rikki," I told them.

"Rachel-" Alcide started to say.

"Go, get rid of JD."

"I'm sorry-"

"Go," I said again. He turned and left with Jackson and Martha. "How are you feeling, Rikki?"

"Weak but better," she answered. "Is Alcide really going to take the V?" I nodded. "He wouldn't do it if there was any other way. JD needs to die."

"That'll make him packmaster, for sure this time."

"He'll be a great leader."

"Yeah, I know."

LPOV

Once we got out of our portable coffins we switched places with the humans and Nora, Eric and I sat up front while Sookie and Jason got in the back with Tara. When we drove through the gates to the Authority building we were stopped by security. "Chancellors, we weren't expecting you until tomorrow."

"Our flight was changed; there was no one to meet us when we got here. Did something happen?" Nora asked.

"We had a breech. I'll have to call you in so they can open the doors for you," the guard told us.

"Of course," Nora answered in a sickly sweet tone. After a moment the guard nodded and waved us on in.

Once in the elevator we got our weapons ready. All of us but Jason had faces of grim determination; Jason on the other hand looked a little too excited. Something had happened to that boy since the last time I had seen him and I didn't like it in the slightest. When the doors slid open and Chelsea saw us she gasped, Jason shot her and she exploded into goo. Nora, Eric and I went into the main chamber before any of the guards had a chance to come to Chelsea's aid.

"Lily, go down the back hall. Take out the guards by the control room. We'll be there as soon as this area is secure," Nora ordered.

I went down the hall and shot the three guards before they realized what was happening. I threw the door open and came face to face with another vampire who was pointing his gun at me. Before he could shoot I grabbed his arm and pointed it at the floor so he shot the ground. "You are going to point that gun at your head and kill yourself," I told him. He nodded and did as I said. As he exploded his blood splattered on my face. "Still not ok with that," I mumbled. Nora and Eric appeared in the room and she sat down at one of the screens and started hitting buttons. "Come on, come on."

"I'm working as fast as I can, Lily." She typed furiously for another minute then sighed. "Done. Come on, let's get out of here."

We met the others in front of the elevator. "They'll be waiting upstairs, be ready," I told them. Once everyone was in the elevator but Eric, Sookie and I the doors started to close.

"Wait a minute aren't you coming with us, Sookie?" Jason asked.

"We have to get Bill," she said. "Make sure it's safe up there." Jason didn't look to happy about it but he let the doors close. We went down the hall to Salome's room and threw the doors open. Bill was inside over a pile of goo.

"I guess you killed Salome then?" I asked.

"She wanted Lilith's blood to herself. I was chosen," Bill told me.

"Bill, you need to seriously listen to me. Lilith is insane, this entire religion is insane. Killing people or vampires or faeries just because you can is insane. A few weeks ago you knew that. You knew the difference between right and wrong," I said.

"I have spent my entire life as a vampire think that our kind was wrong and that God had forsaken me. Now I know that she hasn't."

"There's nothing wrong with what we are Bill, there never was. You don't have to be so damn angsty all the time. But what Lilith is trying to turn you into? That is wrong."

"Bill, please," Sookie said stepping towards him. "If you ever cared about me, or the twins, you won't do this."

"I told you when we first met, vampires often turn on those they love the most," Bill said. He uncorked the bottle of Lilith's blood and drank it. I pulled Sookie away from him as blood started to come out his mouth and ears. Then he exploded just like a vampire would if they had been staked. Sookie began to cry and I hugged her. I looked at the puddle and it suddenly started to move.

"Oh no," I murmured. Bill appeared slowly out of the blood looking very Lilith like.

"Run!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 117 11
Olivia Stackhouse was just as batshit crazy as the rest of her family. Or at least that's what the people of Bon Temps keeps saying. When her sister...
219 40 13
Leon Von Amstel- vampire king who has been around for 500 years, waiting for his loved wife to come again in order to be together again. Amelia Orle...
Soul Tides By CJ

Paranormal

84.8K 8.3K 55
A sex worker turned private eye must investigate her supernatural hometown in order to find a missing girl, but when clues lead her on a path of dead...
16K 575 35
The year is 1996, 12 years before vampires came out of the coffin. Eric and Pam own a Blockbuster. They both hate it. They hate the large selection o...