2nd Chance: Book 2 (PJO/HoO F...

By SuzyQ_

(WARNING! THIS IS THE SEQUEL TO MOVING ON!) Everyone is destined for greater things; therefore death can't st... More

Prologue
1. I Think That's TOO Much Power
2. I Have The Worst Mission Ever
3. Stuck In The Past
4. Messing Up BIG TIME
5. First Attack Doesn't Go As Planned
6. Isn't It Fun To Get Tortured?
7. Is It 'Let's Reveal Percy's Identity' Day Already?
8. Family Reunions Save My Life
10. Man Down!
11. Rachel Elizabeth Dare
12. Let's Play The Identity Game
13. There's A New Guy in Town
14. Questions in The Forest
15. Spies Happen to Reveal Dark Secrets
16. Must Have Some Order in Love
17. Problems Can Wait; Marriage Comes First
18. A Not so Happy "Destroyer of Universes"
19. Please, Don't Hurt Me
20. Locating My Big Brother
21. Avengers? I Think Not
22. OOPS! I Pulled Out The Ring!
23. Is It THAT Deadly?
24. I Talk To Invisible Men, But I'm Not Crazy
25. Galen Is Now Important
26. The Cost of Victory
Epilogue
3rd Book?!

9. Dating My Best Friend? Nah...

6.8K 166 29
By SuzyQ_

P E R C Y

My breath hitched and I tensed all over. Luke seemed to instantly know what it was, for he launched himself at Artemis. He quickly grabbed the knife, careful not to touch the blade, and brought it back over. He quickly stashed it somewhere safe and out of sight.

I calmed down a little and calmed myself. It took me a minute to be able to think straight before it clicked in my head. An enemy base with the blade. Someone a little stronger then me. Ancient. I looked at Artemis, who was glaring at Luke, "What about the monsters? Guards? Anything suspicious?" I asked her.

"Monster attacked me from left to right, guards were some minor gods, and anything suspicious. Hmm..." She had on a thoughtful look, "Well uh...yeah. There was this guy. He just watched me as I took it. I couldn't see him well, only his red eyes."

I bit the inside of my cheek trying not to gasp. It saw her take it. But- stop. Don't think about it. Think about the situation as a whole. It being there and watching her. Tartarus. The blade. Order. I fidgeted slightly in my seat and I avoided eye contact with anyone.

Surely you heard that right, I asked Chaos.

Yes, I did, he replied.

This confirms our suspicions. Order is rising and we can't stop it. He's building up his army. Do I tell them?

He was silent for a moment, If you feel like the time is right, but do you really want the campers to panic more?

"-ercy! Percy!" I was snapped out of my conversation by Luke. He gave me 'the look', "You know what it is. You have the look on your face that tells me you're talking to Chaos."

"I have a face for that?" I asked, curious as to what it looks like.

He rolled his eyes, "Yes. Now spill. What did you and Chaos discover."

"Swear on the River Styx that whatever I say in here, stays in here. Don't tell the campers," I glanced at Luke, "or the team."

They all swore on the River Styx, "Ok, so. When I was um...in Tartarus, he used that blade. End stone is extremely rare, only found in the deepest part of the universe. Tartarus couldn't have gotten there himself. Someone must've helped him. Well, they're working on trying to rise him, to release him from his cage. That 'someone' is Order, brother of Chaos, destroyer of universes. And he wants to crush this world to get revenge on Chaos." Everyone was speechless and their eyes were wide, "Did I mention he doesn't like me? No? Well, yeah. He tried killing me."

Everyone was shocked, "So....I'm gonna leave now." I left the Big House and made my way to the beach. Everybody glanced my way every now and then, but nothing I can't handle. I sat on the beach and relaxed.

"I know what you hear and see, Perseus." Fortiá said, coming out from underneath my hood.

I looked at him in shock, "Y-you did?"

"Yes. Don't let your fear take over your knowledge. If you were in any other persons body, you will see how much you changed. You are not Perseus. You are what it wants you to be. You need to face your fear. Your past. Don't let it take over because so far, it's winning. And everyone is noticing."

Realization dawned on me. I know what he means, but I can't. I'm too far deep. Nobody can save me. Ever.

"You're stupid if you think we'd forget about your name slip." Someone said, startling me. I turned around to see Athena and Hermes looking at me.

"What name slip?" I asked trying to act dumb.

"You know perfectly well what we mean." Hermes said.

"Is it Luke Castellan? I thought you hated him?" Athena asked. I saw Hermes flinch slightly from beside her.

I gave him a look of pity, "No. I was going to call him," I said the first L word that came into my mind, "Lucky." Then I frowned. Who names someone lucky?

Hermes looked at me confused, "What kind of name is Lucky?"

I thought before something good, but bad came across my mind, "Because that's what I call him. We're dating so instead of using his full name, I call him Lucky. I'm 'Lucky' to have him."

I mentally punched myself for that. Luke is gonna kill me. They looked shocked, "Oh," Athena said, "I didn't know you were..."

"Yeah."

Hermes whispered something in Athena's ear. She looked at me before leaving. I turned my attention back to the sea.

"That was him, right? During the meeting?" Hermes asked.

I nodded, "Herms, I saw it. I saw the beast. I-I don't even know what to do. I'm scarred forever. I'm terrified of sleep, scared it might haunt my dreams. Every time I close my eyes, I see it. I-I think..." I paused, "I think I'm finally losing the war between us."

Hermes sat down next to me, "But you're not giving up right? You have a family, friends that never give up on you. You're not gonna let it take over. It's close, though. Don't think nobody's noticed your strange behavior."

I sighed, "I know. Fortiá told me."

Hermes shivered, "Your dragon? If you could call it that..."

I smiled. The first real smile in a while, "Better run."

Hermes eyes widened as Fortiá growled. He immediately flashed out. I laughed as I said, "Good job."

I got up and fear gripped my heart. Luke is gonna be pissed. I slowly made my way to the cabin. When I opened the door, I saw everyone playing around, and beating each other up. Yup, just a normal day.

"Uh...Luke?" Everyone looked up, "Can I uh...borrow you for a second?"

He sensed my nervousness and dread covered his face, "Gods, what'd you do..."

When he came next to me, I grabbed his hand and flashed us to a nice cafe. That way, he won't start yelling at me in public.

"Be careful. Monsters can attack at any moment." I told him as we sat down.

Luke gave me a confused look, "Percy-"

"I tell you soon, little one, but first, let's get food."

Luke glared at me, "I know your plan, Perce. What is it?"

Dang it. I thought I could get away with it, "Ok, uh, good news or bad news first?"

"Good news." He replied.

I smiled, "I saved your identity," He looked relieved, "but you won't like how." He didn't look so happy anymore, "Um, well. Athena and Hermes came up to me." He groaned,
"I told them I was going to call you Lucky because that's what I call you. They asked why, and I said...uh...that we were 'dating'"

Luke's eyes widened, "YOU WHAT?!" People looked at us weirdly.

"Shhhhh!"

He lowered his voice, "Why in Hades would you say that?! Are you insane?!"

I grimaced, "They asked if it was Luke! Did you want me to say yes?!"

He groaned, "No! You could of thought of another thing? Something other than us dating!"

I looked at him, slightly offended, "I'm sorry, is there something wrong with dating me? I'm a pretty awesome person to date. I'll buy you flowers and take you out on dates." I winked at him as he slapped me playfully, rolling his eyes.

He was annoyed, yeah, but he smiled regardless, "Yeah, but you're ugly and I hate you so it'd never work out. Couldn't you have come up with something better?" He whined.

"No. Now come on, I'm tired, and I just want to sleep." I whined. He nodded. I grabbed his wrist and teleported us back. I went in the cabin and into my room. I fell onto my bed and fell into nightmares.

...

"Everything that you're doing is being wasted." At first I thought it was Chaos, but Chaos' voice is warm and friendly. This one was deeper, cold, and evil, "Your world will burn."

I saw the city of Manhattan in flames, Titans walking across the land, killing everything, and everyone," Olympus will fall this time, Perseus." Laughter filled the air, "And there's nothing you can do to prevent it."

I saw myself standing next to Chaos, "We've lost this one, Chaos!"

I had an ugly sensation that it was all true, but shook it off. We can win. We won't lose.

A new image came into view. This time of a man. He looked exactly like Chaos, but whereas Chaos' eyes were like galaxies, his were pure white. I knew him instantly. Order. I scrambled back, but he stopped me.

"Why so afraid, Perseus? It's your 'mentor' who made me like this. All because of his fatal mistake." He glared at me. I've seen Tartarus' glare. Gaea's, Kronos', even Chaos', but all of theirs are like puppy stares compared to Order's. It looks as if he is breaking your mind. One touch, and you will turn to dust.

He then sighed, "Stupid Tartarus. I told him NOT to attack, but no! He never listens!" He released me, "Hope you die..."

-End of Dream-

"-ERCY! PERCY!" I woke up to Silena waking me up, "Thank the Gods, we're-"

"Under attack. I know." I told her, and jumped out of bed, getting ready.

"Fortiá, go into battle. I'll meet you there." I mentally said.

He bolted through the door, Silena hot on his tail.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 3K 29
Percy loses Annabeth to a new Son of Zeus named Donavan cloud. So he runs to Olympus and asks to make a Group of Men who turn back on the company of...
506K 6.6K 57
Percy was loved by a nice girlfriend, best friends he would give his life for, a family, keyword WAS, past tense. His life spirals down to Tartarus w...
605K 10.9K 48
Athena said Loyalty will kill him. Loyalty will kill. Maelstrom will destroy. Mystique will torture. He is Perseus, the worst of them all. ...
1.2M 23.6K 35
A/N: I do not own anything except for the things I made, all belongs to Rick Riordan. I know, I know. It's not the most original story. But...You kn...