Childhood Crush | ✓

By treblehearts

You know when you have a ridiculous crush on somebody super famous because you were just a kid, but you knew... More

Chapter 1: Returned
Chapter 2: Embarrassing Reunion
Chapter 3: The Welcome Back Party
Chapter 4: New things, New friends, New idiots
Chapter 5: Cammie
Chapter 6: A Little Love Here and There
Chapter 7: Up Sides and Down Sides
Chapter 8: Catching Up
Chapter 10: Secrets, Lies, and Waffles [Part 2]
Chapter 11: Words on Paper
Chapter 12: The 'Trick' in Trick-Or-Treat
Chapter 13: Meet the Angry Manager
Chapter 14: Suffering From Kiss Withdrawal
Chapter 15: Dance With Me Sweetheart
Chapter 16: It's in the Job Description, Sis
Chapter 17: In Need of an Escape
Chapter 18: A Route Down Memory Lane
Chapter 19: Death of Me
Chapter 20: I Am Not Thankful for Your Presence
Chapter 21: Don't Give Up On Us
Chapter 22: A Walking Cliché
Chapter 23: From Gentleman to Ladies Man
Chapter 24: Once Upon A Stormy Night
Chapter 25: Chicken Soup Can't Heal a Heart Break
Chapter 26: Beware of Death Threats
Chapter 27: No Matter the Miles
Epilogue - NO SEQUEL

Chapter 9: Secrets, Lies, and Waffles [Part 1]

61.5K 2.1K 557
By treblehearts

*Macey's POV*

"Macey!"

I looked away from my locker and saw Dylan running down the hall. Her curly hair was flying behind her and she had a huge smile plastered onto her face.

"Hey, Dyl." I chirped once she was closer.

"You ready to go?" She asked while leaning against the lockers.

I shoved the rest of my binders inside of my locker. "What do you mean?"

"You didn't forget, did you?" Dylan sneered. She looked around the hall before leaning closer like she was about to gossip a deep dark secret. "We have that thing.. After school.."

Everything seemed to click. Dylan had her duffel bag today. I slapped a hand to my mouth with a loud gasp. It's been a week and it's time to go back. More importantly, the girls are the only ones who know. "Oh, crap! I forgot to tell–"

"Hey girls," A pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist. I looked over my shoulder at a smiling Adrian. Brandon and Chase were behind him wearing similar smirks. "Driving you home today, right?" Adrian asked. I turned my head back to Dylan who had her mouth slightly parted. I shook my head a little. Adrian doesn't know where we're going and I don't plan on telling him. I couldn't tell anyone else. Not after what happened a few years ago.

"Actually.." I walked over to Dylan's side to face the three boys with my best fake smile. Adrian can read me so easily; hopefully I can hoax him this once. "I have to go somewhere with the girls."

As if on cue, Amber came running down the hallway yelling our names. "Dylan! Macey! Hurry up, Brynn's waiting!" Once Amber was by our side, she bent over to catch her breathe but sadly continued to talk. "I brought my stuff for later. Did you guys bring your–" Amber abruptly stopped as she stared at the floor. I followed her gaze to the guys' shoes that were standing right in front of us. Amber slowly straightened herself to look at the guys.

"Oh.. Hi guys." Amber greeted them in a timid voice.

Adrian folded his arms across his chest with a raised eyebrow. Chase came to his side doing the same. "Where you girls off to?" Chase quizzed.

Brandon stepped forward and looked at the three of us.

Crap.

"Uh.." I glanced over at the girls. We all looked like a dear caught in headlights. An excuse finally popped in my head a second later. Much to my dismay, so did Dylan and Amber since we all blurted out our lies at the same time.

"Work on a project."

"Library."

"Waffle house!"

Dylan and I snapped our head in Amber's direction.

Waffle house? What?!

Amber Olsen everybody. Leave it to her to hand us over right handed. Amber's face blushed deeply as she said 'Sorry' with her eyes.

"Well, which is it?" Brandon asked in a teasing voice. Chase was smiling like he broke us and Adrian was drumming his fingers against his forearm with a smirk. Amber looked at Dylan, who looked at me; causing the guys to do the same. I took a deep breathe and refrained from biting my lip. I wasn't bad at lying but Adrian could read me like an open book. Biting my lip was a habit of mine when I was nervous. Looping my arms with Amber and Dylan, I gave them the best poker face I could muster.

"We are going to the library to work on a project and then heading to the Waffle house downtown." I told them in a calm voice. I shifted my weight to one foot and flashed them a smile. Amber's arm tensed but I focused on the guys; not breaking eye contact. Dylan seemed to be taking this seemingly well. She kept her gaze leveled on the guys with a blank expression.

After a forever-lasting stare down, Chase was the first to break. He shrugged. "Okay."

"Yeah, alright." Brandon said. I exhaled the breathe I didn't realize I was holding. Amber let out a nervous chuckle and her arm relaxed. I looked at Adrian. He was looking straight at me. Right there, I thought he could see right through me. His fingers were still drumming against his forearm. Brandon and Chase looked at him too, followed by Dylan and Amber.

1..

2..

3..

4..

5. . . "Okay. Be safe, alright?"

A smile broke onto my face and I completely relaxed. I walked up to him and planted a kiss on his cheek. "I'll call you later when I get home."

After getting a nod, I grabbed Dylan and Amber's hand. Together we made our way down the hallway towards the front of the school. Once we turned a corner and were out of sight, Dylan and I both slapped Amber's arm.

"Ow!" Amber complained, rubbing her arm.

"Waffle house?! Really, Ams?" Dylan hissed.

"I panicked!"

"You think those apes wouldn't come with us to a freaking Waffle House?"

"I'm sorry! I just–"

I thew my hands in the air. "Enough!" I snapped. They both stopped their little argument and looked at me. "We're off the hook so let's just go before Brynn has our heads hanging on a cabin wall in Utah with the rest of the animals she's killed!"

Dylan shook her head in amusement and began to drag us down the hall. "That girl needs to take us hunting next time."

The strong smell of rain greeted us when we stepped out into the cool air. The sun decided  to take a berak on Miami today. Brynn's Ford Explorer was parked at the other end of the parking lot. The light pater of rain was like music to my ears since I adored the rain. Amber, however, cursed at the rain and sprinted towards Brynn's car. Dylan and I laughed and jogged after her. Amber quickly popped open the trunk of the car, threw her bag inside, and pushed past us to get to the front seat.

"Slow down, hot stuff." Dylan teased when Amber scrambled into the car. Dylan proceeded to toss her own bag inside before we got into the back seat. My bag was always kept in Brynn's car for personal reasons. Once we were inside, Brynn glared at us through the rear view mirror. If looks could kill, Dylan and I would have been slaughtered on the spot. Amber avoided Brynn's death look by looking out the window.

"Where were you guys?" Brynn asked.

"Being interrogated." I mumbled. Deciding not to be shot daggers at with Brynn's piercing eyes, I switched to focusing on the water droplets racing each other down the window.

"If anyone asks, we're going to the library to work on a project and then to a Waffle House." Dylan exaggerated the last part and shot Amber a look. Amber suddenly took interest in the row of bikes parked at the bike rack, very interesting.

Brynn laughed and switched the engine on. "Oh, Amber." She sighed. Using a Waffle House as a cover up was a sure Amber Olsen thing. "You will be the death of us one day."

"Shut up you guys." Amber grumbled as she crossed her arms tightly across her chest while sliding deeper into her seat. The rest of us laughed at Amber's behaviour. Just as we were turning out of the school parking lot, I spotted Adrian's Ferrari parked near the front of the school. I sighed. We may have gotten off the hook but I am sure as hell he was not convinced.

"Guys! Take this seriously!"

I clutched my aching stomach and doubled over. Brynn falling to the floor because of her laughing only made me crack up even more. Dylan pranced around the room with the most pedophile smile ever. Her hair was put into a messy side ponytail and giant nerd glasses were covering half her face. Her purple baggy shirt was tucked into her shorts and she was wearing a green sweat band with knee high socks. Dylan often came to practice looking like a freaky hipster to piss Amber off.

Dylan started to shimmy towards Amber with a goofy look on her face. Amber pushed her roughly back, causing Dylan to stop her act and join us in our uncontrollable hysteria. "You're suck a dork, Dyl!" Amber shrieked. She could've passed off as annoyed if the smile on her face didn't give her away.

"Alright.. Alright, I'm done." Dylan gasped between laughs. Amber turned to Brynn and I, who were still trying to stop.

"That's enough, girls."

We all froze in place. The urge to laugh was gone. Brynn slowly got up from the floor while I straightened myself. At the doorway was the women in charge of the studio– AKA Amber's mother– giving us a disapproving look. Dylan pulled the band from her hair so it cascaded down in her regular curls.

"Hi, Mrs. Olsen." We greeted.

"Hey, mom" Amber said shyly, nudging Dylan. Dylan immediately fixed herself back to a normal human by removing her ridiculous items.

"This is dance practice, girls." Mrs. Olsen sighed. Then she waved dismissively at us. "And I've told you a hundred times! Call me Lucile. 'Mrs. Olsen' sounds so old." 

We all let out a chuckle. I let myself slouch a little instead of my frigid state. Lucile would always scold but quickly let it go. Dylan tossed her nerd glasses, socks, and sweat band into her duffel bag and walked to the middle of the room. Brynn patted down her hair and followed Dylan with Amber right behind her. I sat down on one of the chairs that were pushed up against the walls.

Lucile made her way to the front of the room. "Alright, ladies! I'm assuming you did some kind of practice while you were here?"

. . .

Lucile sighed and Dylan shrugged. "Not many people know that we dance anyways, Lucile. It's not like we're going to have a recital or something."

"Yes, that may be true. But I would like for you girls to continue and flourish–" Lucile began to flail her arms dramatically for emphasis. "– In the world of dance." She stepped closer and continued her little speech while gesturing in the girls' faces. "Dance is a way for you to express yourself! A way for you to let loose and have fun! Dance is a way–"

"Uh, Miss?"

Lucile's arms fell back down to her sides. She tilted her head up in aggravation instead of looking at the man poking his head at the corner of the studio room. "Yes, Curtis?" she sighed.

"There are some gentleman at the front desk." Curtis informed us.

"Yes, yes. I'll be there in a minute." Lucile dismissed. When Curtis disappeared back to his post at the front desk, Lucile turned to us. She put her hands on her hips and gave us a stern look. "You girls better have done one dance routine by the time I get back, understood?"

We nodded and Lucile left the studio. Amber clapped her hands together. "Alright, let's do this." Being the daughter of the studio owner, Amber learned how to dance at a very young age. She may be a smart girl and a bit of ageek but Amber is a phenomenal dancer.

"That is if you can focus." she added

Brynn snorted. "You think we can't focus?"

Amber gave Dylan a look and then turned back to Brynn. "Yes."

"Well, Miss. Perfect. We'll show you we can focus." Brynn replied while stretching her arms.

"Besides, I'm in the mood for those waffles. Dylan said with a smirk. Amber shot them a glare before jogging over to the stereo that sat on a table in the corner of the room. A smile slowly crept up her face when she found a song. Amber pressed play and ran back to Dylan and Brynn. The tune of Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus started booming from the stereo. 

Dylan folded her arms and raised her eyebrows. "Really?" 

"Yes! Let loose, will you?" Amber shot back. 

Jumped in the cab, here I am for the first time

Look to my right and I see the Hollywood Sign.

This is all so crazy, Everybody seems so famous.

Brynn pretended to rub her chin and started tapping her foot.  "I wonder who that reminds us of." Dylan winked at me from across the room.

"Oh, shut up." I glared playfully at them from where I was seated. Dylan laughed and jogged over to me. 

"Come on!" Dylan grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the others. "Nobody else is here, Mace. You can do this." 

Glancing at the empty door frame, I sighed and faced the front of the studio. The whole wall was a mirror so we could see ourselves. I ran a hand through my long hair and stared at my reflection.

There's nobody else here.. I assured myself.

Just as the chorus came up, I heaved a sigh. "Let's do this." I told them. Amber and Dylan cheered in response as Dylan fist pumped the air.

So I put my hands up

They're playing my song, and the butterflies fly away.

I'm noddin' my head like 'Yeah'

Movin' my hips like 'Yeah'

I got my hands up, they're playin' my song

I know I'm gonna be okay.

Yeah, it's a party in the USA

The choreography for the song was done by the 4 of us with the help of Lucile. We often did this song when we wanted to have fun. Dylan ran back to her bag and took out her nerd glasses. We switched from messing around to the regular choreography, like we usually do. Throughout the song, I forgot about the horrible past that came when I first started to dance. The reason why I was so skeptical about dancing in front of anybody else than the ones who already knew dissappeared. Dancing with the girls was the most fun I could ask for. It gave me an opportunity to not give a damn about anything and just let go.

At the end of the song, we froze in our finishing pose. Then we started laughing. It was one of those carefree laughs that I always shared with the girls during dance practice. It would've been a great way to end the day if multiple loud clapping didn't echo through the room. We all froze and snapped our heads in the direction of the clapping. 

Oh, Shit...

I let out a shrill scream and whirled around so my back was facing them. Standing under the door frame were three clapping idiots. All three wearing self-satisfied smirks.

Adrian.

Brandon.

Chase.

"This is what you get for lying to me, Macey." Adrian said aloud.

Damn it.

********

I PRESENT YOU PART 1! I have a lot of time on my hands so I'm going to update the next part soon :) The song to the side is dedicated to the OLD Miley Cyrus, the one that was my own childhood idol. Isn't she pretty here? Her new music video had scarred and disgusted me...  ANYWAYS, to the side is Brandon played by Niall Horan!

 VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE, FOLLOW!! I love feedback!

Thanks so much for the support, love you guys :)Hope your summer's going absolutely awesome! :) <3

Lots of Love and Waffles,

-Jesse :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 95 26
Kendall has always lived a quiet life in a small town in Illinois with her family, friends, and boyfriend Jordan. Her life had been mostly happy othe...
29.6M 505K 68
"I'm the sexy guy in school, and all the ladies want me. So don't act like you don't. And try not to make it seem like a surprise Princess because yo...
1.1K 62 33
"You're right. I'm sorry........ Let me make it up to you. How does dinner sound?" He ask charmingly. Is this guy being serious right now? Is he actu...
6.8K 63 20
While in Hawaii on vacation after graduating college, Lila Howard discovers that a show is being filmed on the island her family is vacationing on. E...