Who is Nico di Angelo ?

By PunkRockPrincess2906

This is for the fans of Nico who want to know as much as possible about him . More

Nico
Early life
Washington DC and the Lotus Hoteland casino
Percy Jackson and the Olympians
The battle of the labyrinth
The demigod files The sword of Hades
The last Olympian
Between the series
The heroes of olympus The lost hero
The son of Neptune
The mark of Athena
The house of Hades
Blood of Olympus
Fatal Flaw
Appearance
Soldatino ( Nico's lullaby)

Personality

877 14 0
By PunkRockPrincess2906

In The Titans curse , Nico is ten years old and enjoys playing with his mythomagic cards that none of the truly seem to understand , and , as revealed in The blood of Olympus he was obsessed with pirates even before that . He is clueless and very inquisitive : he is curious and questioning and likes Percy a lot like a big brother ( though it is later revealed in The house of Hades that he has secret romantic feelings for him ) , and begins annoying Percy with his ceaseless questions , especially when he asks is Annabeth Chase his girlfriend , which makes Percy consider ‘stuffing him in a meat flavored sack and throwing him to the wolves ’ . He is excited about finding out that he is a demigod ( immediate response: " Cool!")  , and compares monsters to Mythomagic creatures . He feels abandoned when his sister Bianca , who practically acts as his parent , becomes a Huntress of Artemis . When she goes on a quest , Nico makes Percy promise to protect her. After her death , he develops a long - lasting grudge towards Percy for letting her die . Once he realizes he is a son of Hades , he casts away his childhood interests and runs off on his own .

In The Battle of labyrinth , Nico becomes grim and solitary , and defiantly a considerably more powerful character , saying that "only the dead respect me.......and only out of fear " . His attitude change may of happened partly because of Bianca's death and partly because of Minos's manipulation . He believes that he will never be excepted by the living , and does not belong at Camp Half Blood , much like how his father Hades feels out of place in Olympus . Nico is also shown to be somewhat vengeful , as he wanted revenge for Bianca's death , something he blamed Percy for . However Nico forgives Percy after Bianca's ghost tells him that it wasn't his fault that she died . He also accepts the small figurine of Hades that Bianca wanted him to have .

In the same book , he is shown to be very naive and gullible , being able to believe that Minos was actually helping him bring Bianca back from the dead . Nico cares much about his sister and the constant attempts to bring her back show that he will not give up without trying . Nico is shown to be very loyal to the Olympians , as he could have easily joined Kronos and the Titans , but chose to fight on the Olympian's side .

In The last Olympian , he is quite sincere in wanting to help Percy with the prophecy and the war . However , Nico can be somewhat untrustworthy at times . This is shown when he tricked Percy into coming to the Underworld so he can gain answers about his mother , but Nico wasn't planning on Percy becoming imprisoned . By standing up to both Kronos and Hades , he is shown to be very brave and bold . In fact , the only time Nico himself is ever shown to be terrified , is in the House of Hades , when he was forced to face Cupid implying that Nico's greatest fear is exposing his homosexuality . He likes being on his own , not really wanting help from anyone . He keeps to himself a lot and is pretty secretive , which causes plenty of problems throughout the series . Nico wants to help Percy , and was very miserable at the thought that Percy did not trust him after his dad tricked him as well , by the end they were back to a brotherly relationship .

While he tries hard not to show it , Nico is plagued by incredible internal pain , , mainly due to him being unable to come to terms with not "belonging" in the twenty-first century ( due to the time he spent in the Lotus Casino ), not being accepted by other demigods as as on of Hades , and ,   worst of all his homosexuality ( which he is desperate to keep a secret ) . Some of his fears about not being accepted due to being gay , most likely come from growing up in the 1940s , where homosexuality was not accepted . At some point during his horrifying journey through Tatarus , Nico encounters the goddess of misery Akhlys , much sorrow and pain the son of Hades carried , claiming that there was little more that she could do to him . When Reyna shares her strength with Nico in The Blood of Olympus , she is horrified at how much pain and raw anguish she felt inside the son of Hades , even a portion of it being greater than what she had felt from even her entire legion during the battle against the giant Polybotes . When accidentally learns about Nico's homosexuality , she , much to Nico's surprise and relief , doesn't judge him , and still accepts him as a friend just as he is , without hesitation . Reyna's acceptance was what most likely gave Nico the courage to finally come out to a very surprised Percy and Annabeth , but he admits to being over his formerly strong crush on Percy , and is now genuinely happy for Percy and Annabeth . Hence , Nico is finally ready to become more sociable and more open about himself and his feeling to others , no longer nearly so insecure about his homosexuality. Nico , apparently , also has tremendous , virtually indomitable willpower , since he was able to survive in Tatarus on his own , while seeing the place in all of it's ineffable horror for the entire time that he spent there . Percy , who found even a few moments of seeing it maddening ,marveled how Nico had managed to survive with his sanity .

Nico is later proven wrong in the belief he will not be accepted by the living . After the war with Kronos is over , all the demigods of Camp Half Blood welcome Nico cheerfully : as Percy puts it : "Hey , show up with an army of undead warriors to save the day , and suddenly you're everyone's best friend " . This helps lift Hades curse from the Oracle . Sadly , however   Nico's popularity only lasted a few weeks , after which most campers did whatever they could to avoid the son of Hades and forgot he was at camp . However , when Nico mentions his plans to leave for good , due to his lack of acceptance , Will Solace gets upset and tells him that they are actually many people at camp who are his friends or would like to be , but it is Nico who pushes himself away . Will also states that the camp did not reject him as he thought . This indicates that Nico may have misinterpreted the camper's reactions to him , or exaggerated it in his own mind , due to his fears of non-acceptance . After Gaia is defeated , when Reyna tells the two camps about Nico's part in saving both of them , and gives him a big hug , the crowd of demigods roard with approval , indicating that thanks to Reyna, both Camp half blood and Camp Jupiter have finally come to truly accept the son of Hades . As a result , Nico tries to give Camp half blood another try , finally seeing that he is accepted .

In spite of Nico's pretending not to know Percy in the Son of Neptune , he spoke very highly of him to Hazel , telling her that he is dangerous to his enemies and a valuable ally to his friends . Nico's relationship with Percy also shows how much he's grown and matured throughout the series . Nico is very caring to Hazel Levesque , his half sister , and tries to help her as much as he can . His helping her sort of parallels with how Percy helped him in several cases. This shows that he loves his family , even his half siblings . Unfortunately, after returning from Tatarus in The mark of Athena , Nico is very different . He turns more inward and withdrawn , with his eyes becoming somewhat glassy like something in him broke permanently. Percy compares him to pictures of prisoners of war , which he notes Nico kind of was . Hazel states in The house of Hades that Nico has become more reclusive and morose , preferring to stay on the top of the ships mast , in solitude . Nico becomes much more easily agreed , defensive and to make creepy and humorless smiles . Nico , however , has happily smiled on two occasions : in The Last Olympian , right after he helps Hades defeat Kronos's army and gains his fathers respect , and in The house of Hades , after he and Frank defeat Gaia's monsters at  the Necromenteion  In The blood of Olympus , Nico notes that his facial muscles hurt when he smiles , since he isn't use to making that expression often . Even though Nico seems to dislike being touched , he is shown to be very affectionate towards Hazel , having kissed her on the cheek several times . However by the end of The blood of Olympus , Nico begins to change , and doesn't seem to mind when Reyna and Jason embrace him .

Nico can be extremely dangerous since he is a son of the big three . He is very unpredictable , and due to his sisters death can be somewhat mentally unstable as demonstrated in The Battle of Labyrinth . He has a short temper , just like Percy and Thalia . When Jason causes him to loose his temper in The house of Hades , Nico's fury was so intense , that it even scared Jason , who felt that a furious Nico was "More than he could handle " . However , the greatest and most volcanic demonstration of Nico's fury happened in The blood of Olympus , when he faced the psychopathic Bryce Lawrence  . A furious Nico , in one horrible cry , unleashes a flood of pain and anger on Bryce , Reyna , and Coach Hedge , with the temperature around Nico dropping to freezing ( turning the ground around him white with frost ) Bryce's zombies instantly disintegrating , and a terrified Bryce himself turned into a mindless ghost.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368K 9.3K 37
A series of Nico oneshots.May contain spoilers,I do request some may have OC's and there may be a WITTLE bit of um fluff and a cussing.Just a warning...
47.9K 909 23
Well, this is a lot of one shots with you and Nico... And my friends and I we will have our OC's in it... So ya. ~Zoe Di Angelo
19.7K 399 24
Fanfic about thomas because i like him:) It's a story about love, lust and more.
3.5K 23 23
Random Imagines about some amazing people I do some open requests