Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Nico's first appears with his sister , in a military school called Westover Hall , in Bar Harbor , Maine . Bianca and Nico were almost kidnapped by a manticore named Dr Thorn . Thalia , Grover , Annabeth and Percy attempted to save them , but it is The hunters of Artemis who come to the rescue . The siblings were sought out by Grover , who believed them to be two very powerful unknown half-bloods . Nico looks to be about ten and seems to be very interested in Mythomagic , a card game about Greek mythology .

But when 12 year old Bianca accepts Artemis's proposal to become a hunter , Nico gets angry at her for abandoning him . It is later mentioned in The blood of Olympus , that Bianca gave Nico a silver skull shaped ring shortly before departing on the quest to find Artemis and Annabeth . Right before Bianca departs , Percy finds Nico eavesdropping on Bianca and Zoe Nightshade , and Nico successfully convinces Percy ( who Nico developed a very strong but secret crust on ) to promise to keep his sister safe on the quest . It is later revealed in The last Olympian , that at some point during his first stay at camp half-blood , Nico stopped by and spoke to the goddesses Hestia , becoming the first demigod to do so in many years.
He doesn't appear again until after Percy returned from the quest , where Percy explains that Bianca died to save the others . He immediately turns on Percy , telling him he hates him , and reminds him of the promise he made to keep Bianca safe . Percy tries to comfort him , and Nico claims he can sense her soul being judged . When the last four Skeleton Worries appear in the camp , Nico , not wanting them to hurt Percy , tells them to "Go away!" and they are swallowed by a fissure in the ground that Nico creates by accident . Nico is last seen running into the woods at night , Percy then realizes that Nico is son of Hades after slipping over on and finding the god figurine that Bianca told Pecy to give to Nico if she died . It was the only one he didn't have ( in his mythomagic game ) . The figure was Hades , Lord of the dead . He left the camp through Daedalus 's Labyrinth , where he would meet Minos . It is later revealed that another major reason he ran away that day was love - his romantic feelings for Percy that terrified Nico , who could not initially come to terms with them . Nico later claims in The house of Hades , that this revelation would plague him with self-hatred and resentment for Percy .