The Boy Next Door || Harry St...

Bởi basorexia_

The Boy Next Door {COMPLETED} Harry Styles was all Melanie Harte ever wanted. They have been best friends si... Xem Thêm

before you read.
chapter one.
chapter two.
chapter three.
chapter four.
~flashback one. | i'm here for you.
chapter five.
chapter six.
chapter seven.
~flashback two. | the first day.
chapter eight.
chapter nine.
chapter ten.
chapter eleven.
~flashback three. | number 350.
chapter twelve.
chapter thirteen.
chapter fourteen.
chapter fifteen.
chapter one. {melanie}
chapter two. {harry}
chapter three. {melanie}
chapter four. {harry}
chapter five.
chapter six. {melanie}
chapter eight. {melanie}
chapter nine. {harry}
chapter ten. {melanie}
chapter eleven. {harry}
chapter twelve. {melanie}
chapter thirteen.
chapter fourteen. {harry}
chapter fifteen. {melanie}
epilogue.
thank you.

chapter seven. {harry}

6.4K 188 25
Bởi basorexia_

i love you all. please vote and comment! M.

p.s listen to A.M. while reading this chapter. :)

I didn't know how to feel. Everyone around me was celebrating and I should have been happy, but I was far from that. I was angry at Melanie for lying to me. Even if she had forgotten who I was, why did she lie about who she was? I was infuriated with myself for being so ignorant and gullible. Melanie was there in front of me for days and I couldn't even recognize her. Most of all I was confused. I was at a loss for words looking at her. I didn't know whether to yell at her for baffling me with her presence or embrace every single part of her. I decided to to do the latter.

Dropping the cup of water in my hand, I ran to Melanie and pulled her into my chest. Her body resisted at first, but slowly melted into my arms. Her hands clutched onto the fabric on my back and her face was buried in my neck. I held her tighter and breathed in her rosy scent. I felt so relieved to be with her, to be holding her. And I couldn't have been happier in that moment.

Reluctantly, I pulled away from her and the warmth that radiated from her body left. I couldn't resist grabbing her again and holding her tight against me. She fit so perfectly next to my body that I never wanted to let her go.

"I'm sorry." She whispered into my neck and I sighed.

"I'm so, so sorry, Harry." Melanie said again when I finally released her. When I looked down into her deep, hazel eyes, all I wanted to do was grab her face and kiss her. I wanted to erase the last four years of complete emptiness.

I didn't kiss her, though. I needed answers first.

Before I could say a word, a little boy ran up to Mel and hugged her legs. It was Riley.

"Happy New Year, Mel!" He laughed before running off with the other kids. Was Riley her son? I was beyond confused, but Melanie ushered me up the stairs into my bedroom.

Silently, I sat down on the edge of my bed and she took a seat on the other end. She was too far away, but I made no move to close the distance. We didn't speak for what felt like hours.

"Can you --," I began, but she spoke at the same moment.

"I'm sorry --," We both stopped and when she didn't speak up again, I asked,

"Can you answer this one question, truthfully?" I didn't want her to feel like I didn't trust her anymore, but I needed to know for sure that she wasn't going to lie to me. She nodded slowly and looked down with sad eyes.

"Why did you leave without saying goodbye?" My voice cracked and I failed to keep up my tough facade. Melanie glanced up at me before focusing on her intertwined hands.

"I-I left because of you." She paused, "I just had enough of everything. Our last year at Holmes Chapel High was absolute hell for me. With everything going on with you and Felicity and all that stuff with my heart murmur and then my mom and then you and Abigail, yeah definitely Abigail was the last straw. I-I guess I couldn't handle it. I just needed to start fresh and new. I needed to get away from everyone, especially you." She took a deep breath and my shoulders fell. I was heartstricken after realizing that I was the reason that Melanie left.

"Anyways, Cassidy made me apply to a music school in San Francisco and at first I wasn't going to do it, but I realized that there was nothing in Holmes Chapel for me. With Abigail and the X-Factor thing, I just felt you slipping away and frankly, I think I was slipping away, too." Her voice trailed off quietly and a deafening silence drove us even more apart.

"I wanted to tell you. I really did. I was going to tell you the day before graduation but I figured it would hurt less if I just left, without saying goodbye. I'm never good with goodbyes." She muttered and I could see her slowly unraveling. It was painful to hear her say those words, but it was even more agonizing to see her open up to me. It was my turn to speak what was on my mind.

"I really wish you told me. Maybe things could have been different." My voice was merely a murmur, "And me and Abigail. . . It was never a thing. I was going to tell you that on graduation day at that party but you never showed up." My mind flashed back to the hazy night that changed my whole entire life.

"I was going to tell you a lot of things, actually." I was going to tell you that I loved you.

We didn't speak for a long time again, but I still had so many questions.

"Is Riley your son?" I started and her eyes shot back up to mine. Suddenly, her laugh filled the room and it broke the suffocating tension. It was unbelievable how easy it was for Melanie to change the mood.

"My son?" She gasped in between her laughing fit, "God, no! He's my half-brother." Melanie's laughter died down and the seriousness of our conversation rose.

"My dad married a woman named Cassidy." That's where she probably got the name. "And yeah, Riley is my brother, not my son."

"I'm glad that's all cleared up, then." I gave her a small smile, but she did not return it.

"Look, I'm sorry for lying to you. I just - I just sort of panicked when I saw you. I didn't know how to react and when you didn't recognize who I was, I guessed that it was a blessing in disguise. I was wrong, of course, my lie got way out of hand."

"No, I'm sorry. I was stupid. I didn't even recognize my own best friend. That was a pretty shitty move on my part, Mel." She laughed again and this time I joined her.

"Are we okay?" She asked after the pressure in my head subsided.

"No, we are completely not okay." I joked. When I looked up to Melanie, I realized she had not caught on to my humor.

"Yes, yes, we are okay. We are more than okay." I said before she could think any further. I got up from my side of the bed and stood in front of her. Every part of my body wanted to reach down and feel her lips on mine, but she shoved me lightly.

"You've always been a fool, Harry." I stumbled backwards and chuckled.

"Do you want something to drink?" I asked as she took off her shoes, it was a sign that she was going to stay a while.

"Water's fine." She smiled and pulled her legs onto the bed.

"What, Melly can't handle shots?" I facetiously scoffed at her. She turned to me and placed a hand on her chest.

"First, don't call me that. Second, it's like," She glanced at the clock and continued, "one thirty in the morning. And lastly, are you challenging me, Harry?" I laughed and crossed my arms.

"Yes, I guess I am, Melanie Harte." She laughed and rebutted,

"You really are a fool."

* * *

"I'm so pissed, I'm not gonna remember any of this." Melanie laughed as her words slurred around.

"Yeah, I think you've had enough." I chuckled and tried to grab the small shot glass from her hand.

"No, hit me again." She leaned forward and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Mel, but you've finished the bottle." I showed her the empty alcohol case and she fell off the bed.

"How much was in the bottle before?" She peaked up onto of the mattress.

"It was full." I laughed. She was so cute when she finally loosened up.

"Hm, well, I'm not even that pissed. Watch me." Wearily, she stood up from the floor and walked across the room. She attempted to walk in a straight line, but failed miserably. Melanie tumbled forward and landed on the bed, next to me.

I bursted out in laughter and brushed the hair from her face. It was a natural, unconscious act.

"What have you been doing for the last four years, Hazzzz?" She giggled and turned to face me on the bed.

"I joined a band and we tour around the world." I stated simply. I didn't know how she would react to my news.

"You're joking." She laughed so hard that she had to clutch onto her stomach.

"I'm absolutely serious, Mel." I smiled and propped my head up with my hand.

"Yeah, sure. You must be more pissed than me!" She huffed and laid back down to face the ceiling.

"You know, I loved you. I loved you so much." She said and giggled again. I knew that even if I was as drunk as her, I would definitely remember what she said.

"You did?" My heart warmed knowing that Melanie felt the same way then, but how did she feel now? I doubt that she had any feelings for me anymore because it's been four years and I couldn't forget the fact that I completely overlooked her. It had only been a couple hours since she revealed her identity to me.

Looking at the clock, I was surprised to see that it was already 4:30 in the morning. It had been one hell of a night.

"I need to take off my pants, I can't breathe, Harry." Melanie began to unbutton her pants and I jumped off the bed as fast as I could. Running over to my drawers, I pulled out some grey joggers and threw them behind me to Melanie.

"Are you good over there, Mel?" I asked. When I received no reply, I hesitantly turned around and discovered a very passed out Melanie.

Her pants were discarded on the floor and she was wearing my joggers, which were extremely large on her. I smiled, she looked so good in my clothes.

Quietly, I walked over to Mel and pulled the duvet over her body. I lifted her head gently and placed a pillow to support the weight. She was in a complete state of peacefulness and serenity. Her innocence smoothed over her features and there was no trace of distress or sadness. There wasn't a single line or blemish that besmirched her face and I couldn't help but stare at her, memorizing every single curve and dip.

Her slow breathing matched the rhythmic rise and fall of her chest. The simple act of her sleeping was so captivating that I could not take my eyes off of her. After I had watched her sleep for awhile, I grew tired myself and began to set myself a bed on the floor. Laying down a soft pillow and thin blanket, I eventually dozed off thinking about how lucky I was to have my best friend back.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

1.7K 51 50
I didn have time to edit with so many parts Trigger warnings- smut,mpreg harry, eating disorder, Harry falls for a boy he wants to tell him but the...
29.5K 1.6K 75
Anna Styles, an accomplished and well known architect, is stepping back from her high-profile job to focus on the family that she and her husband, Ha...
284K 9.3K 45
single mother nadine huron has lived in holmes chapel, cheshire all her life. it wasn't supposed to be like that, but when she found out she was preg...
8K 356 9
𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙮 𝙞𝙨 𝙖𝙣 𝙪𝙣𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙪𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮. After losing her mother, Dorothea Dixon decides it's time...