Shattered (After Haunted Fanf...

By Dreamcrafter45

After the battle in the Magical Library, Drake, Mia and Grayson each go their separate ways in the world, and... More

Quick A/N
Parting Ways
Shades of the Past
Quick A/N Part 2
Reunion
Reunion?
The Mage's Hiding Place
The Conflict
The Hints of a Storm
The Late Night Deliver
The Note
Encounter With the Past
The Heir of Ender
Who Am I?
No More Time
THANK YOU!!! (A/N)
With Every Sunset... There is a Sunrise
Epilogue

Familiar Face

490 28 9
By Dreamcrafter45

The mage strode across the land, glancing at the scenery around him.

He could just teleport, but something stopped him, and that was the wonders of the landscape. He had never really been able to appreciate the beauty before, being too busy with the tasks at hand. But now that the war was behind him, he could start to enjoy this place much more.

He glanced up at the sun, which was shining high above his head. He still had a while more, but considering what the Empire's market was like, he should probably get there soon.

He sighed, and gave the landscape on last glance before teleporting a few paces outside of the gate.

********************

The blonde man locked the door behind him, and wound his scarf around his neck. It was cold outside, being fall, and plus, even though there was a new Emperor, he was still technically wanted, even after all these years. Besides, the new Emperor was the previous Emperor's son, so he should still be cautious.

He shivered, despite the scarf, so he wound it even tighter around his arms, and continued walking.

It was only in the first few minutes when the scarf blew off, leaving him completely exposed.

The man yelled, and grabbed after it, but it was already gone.

His teeth chattered as he looked around for something else to use, but there was nothing.

This is going to be a long trip...

*********************

The woman marched through the forest confidently, securing the gray coat quickly as she went.

The wind blew her blonde hair in her face, so she tied it up into a ponytail, which fell down to her shoulders.

 I wonder how hard it's going to be to find it? She wondered. I hope not too hard, I still have the rest of my duties. 

She shook her head, and continued on.

*********************

The mage placed two marques down on the counter.

"Will this suffice?" He asked the clerk.

It had been almost a half hour now in the market. This lady was being really stubborn about prices.

"Yes, that should." The woman said stiffly, examining the marques to make sure they were real.

The prices for a few ghast tears are insane! It would probably be less trouble just to go into the nether myself!

The man took the vial of tears the lady handed to him, and placed it in a satchel.

"Thank you." He nodded stiffly, and started to walk away.

He was making his way to the outer gate, when someone yelled out to him.

Oh no! He thought, panicking. Did they notice my ender side?!

"Hey! Wait up!" The voice yelled, getting closer.

The mage turned around, preparing to run and teleport as soon as possible.

"No! Come back!" The man who had been yelling turned around the corner, and grabbed the mage's arm.

"Let me go!" He yelled, shaking his arm in a desperate attempt to free himself.

"Please, I need to know if it's him!" The man begged. "You look like someone  I used to know!"

"You must be mistaken." The mage struggled, trying to get away. "I'm not who you think I am!"

"Could you just show me your face?!" The captor yelled, grabbing his other arm.

"Let me go!!!!!" The mage repeated in anger and fear.

But the man would not let go. He roughly turned the mage around and flipped up his hood.

The mage squealed as the rays of sun blazed down on him, and accidentally fired a small bout of fire at the man.

The iridescent flames hit the man in the chest, sending both of them crashing forwards, the mage on top, and the man on the bottom. 

"Ow..." The man muttered. "I'm really sorry..."

Then he glanced up.

"D-D-D...." He gasped, his eyes widened in shock.

"Drake?!"

Sorry, this was kind of a short chapter! The next one will be way longer, I promise! Expect an update tomorrow, or maybe tonight... I don't know.... Just... it will be soon! ~Dream

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 135 10
(EDIT: Hey, this fic is really old! It's still okayish but my writing has improved a lot since this. Check out my other book, Ultima's Eyes!) What if...
18.9K 881 38
"But I have a plan. In the event that my powers, or the darkness inside my head, were to ever attempt to take what little control I had, what was lef...
132K 3.7K 26
*WARNING SHITTY ENDING AND REWRITTEN* Once an Archangel, God's other Hand, and the favorite sister. But was banished, cut off her dignity and pride...
430K 12.1K 22
***WARNING: This book was written forever ago when I was very young. IT'S VERY BADLY WRITTEN! I didn't give much thought into this, I only wrote it t...