the secrets we keep [camren]

By kcxbello

Lauren Jauregui; Captain of the softball team. Most popular girl in school. Every girls hero and every guys d... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
POLL
Sequel is up!

twelve

38.4K 1K 834
By kcxbello

Camila plucked a females black wig package off the hanger in the costume store where she, Harper and Lauren were getting Lauren a Buttercup costume. She held up besides Lauren's head and smiled. "Perfect."

"A wig?" Lauren giggled, looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes. Buttercup has short hair." She grinned, looking down at her daughter who clutched her hand tightly and watched her parents with interest.

"But Lauren has long hair." Her eyes sparkled with happiness.

"Cmon Lo. Please?"

"But shouldn't we make these costumes more us? Wigs are uncomfortable."

Camila frowned and paused for a moment then kneeled down to Harper's height, whispering something in her ear, causing the little girl to giggle.

She then stood up and smiled sweetly at Lauren.

Harper looked up at her mother with her big doe emerald eyes and reached up, clutching her tshirt and standing on her tip toes. "Please momma?" She asked sweetly, her eyes shining with love for her.

Lauren looked down at her little girl and practically melted at the sight. "Okay, fine. I'll wear the wig." She relented, smiling at the loud squeal Harper let out.

"YAY!"

"You played dirty." Lauren then said, turning to Camila who just shot her an innocent smile as she shoved the package into her hands.

"No, actually, it's called playing the cute factor."

xxxxxxx

Lauren sat on Camila's couch in her costume that night, waiting for the two to finish getting ready. She reached up and scratched her head, hating how the wig felt on it.

A zoom of blue whizzed past her and she watched as a small girl ran fast circles around the coffee table, laughing to herself.

Camila came rushing in, holding a blonde wig in one hand and a trick or treat bag in the other. She was dressed in her pink costume, which was tight, and Lauren appreciated that because it really accentuated her rear and chest.

She wore a red bow in her hair, white thigh high socks and black Mary Janes, as did Harper and Lauren herself. She on the other hand did not wear a wig because "Blossom has long hair too."

Lauren commented that she had red hair but Camila had shut her up with a kiss and that was that.

"Harper baby, come here so I can put on your wig." She sat down on the loveseat as Harper stopped and pouted at her.

"I'm not Harper! I'm Bubbled!"

Camila giggled. "Alright, Bubbles, come here." She smiled as she came running over and bounced up and down excitedly. "Honey, I can't do it while you're bouncing." She laughed and she stopped long enough for her to put it on for her.

"Perfect."

"You look great Camz." Lauren grinned as she stood up, the green on her costume making her eyes pop.

"Thanks," she laughed, looking at her with a bright smile. "you don't look too bad yourself."

"Cmooooonnnnn!!" Harper started bouncing once again, grabbing both their hands and dragging them to the front door. "We donts got all night!"

Her parents laughed and followed her out the door.

xxxxxxx

They hit a few houses and Harper was already snacking on a candy bar as they walked onto the next house.

Lauren's hand softly brushed against Camila's as she watched Harper trudge in front of them. She had abandoned the wig a few blocks ago, complaining that it made her scalp itch and that it didn't matter anyways since she had black hair like Buttercup anyways.

Camila looked down at their brushing hands and smiled to herself as she watched Lauren's hand slowly slide into hers and they locked together, lacing their fingers through the other.

"So hey," Lauren started speaking with a clearing of her throat. "I read your poem.." She said slowly.

Camila looked at her, her eyes wide. "My.. my poem?" She sputtered in shock. "How?"

"Ms. Lovato posted it outside her classroom anonymously." She rubbed the back of her neck and looked at her. "But, I mean, it was kind of obvious it was yours. Not to everyone. Just me, Dinah and Mani."

Camila sighed and looked down. "Oh.."

"Listen, I just wanted to say, thank you for the second chance. I mean.. After everything--"

Camila looked at her and shook her head. "Don't. Please don't. I don't want to remember those days anymore.."

Lauren hesitated and nodded, squeezing her hand. "Yeah.. I understand. Just.." She took a deep breath the continued. "Thank you." She smiled softly and leaned in, kissing her cheek.

"You're welcome.." Camila said softly, smiling back before quickly looking over at her daughter to make sure she wasn't too far away.

"And one more thing.." She looked at Lauren. "Will you.."

"COME ON YOU SLOW POKES!" Harper yelped from a few feet away, watching them impatiently, not knowing she interrupted a very important question.

"Dinah has had an influence on that child. She is not allowed near her anymore."

"Agreed." Lauren giggled.

"Mooooommm-yyyyy!" Harper whined with a over exaggerated pout. "C'monnnn!"

"I'm coming baby!" Camila laughed and let go of Lauren's hand, running over to her little girl and picking her up, kissing her cheek as Lauren watched with a small sigh, wishing she got to ask her what she wanted.

xxxxxx

Harper ran back toward her parents with an extremely giddy look on his face and she pounced into Camila's arms, jiggling her trick or treat bag happily. "It's full!" She quipped and allowed Lauren to take the bag to carry it for her.

Camila smiled and gave her a kiss on the cheek, rubbing her back. "Good, because it's getting late and pretty cold. How about we go home and eat a little bit of candy while we watch a movie?"

"Momma too?" Harper asked with an excited twinkle in her big green eyes, turning to look at the older girl.

Camila looked at Lauren, who smiled at the two with a nod. She smiled back and looked at their baby. "Momma too."

xxxxxxx

Harper was now bathed and in her pajamas. Camila had showered herself and put on sweatpants and a sweater and removed her make up. She lent Lauren a pair of her pajama pants and a t-shirt so she could be comfortable.

She came back into Harper's bedroom and smiled at the sight of Lauren and Harper trading halloween candy on the floor.

"I'll trade you a Snickers for a Kit-Kat."

"Wh- hey now, Kit-Kats are the best ones."

"I know." Harper grinned mischievously at her mother. She sat cross legged on the floor in front of her. Her wet hair was slicked back and out of her eyes.

"You're an evil little one, aren't you?" Lauren laughed as she handed over one of her Kit-Kats and took a mini Snickers bar.

"Yep." Harper quipped and happily took the chocolate from her and smiled at Camila when she settled down next to her.

"Okay - time to pay the mom-tax." Camila teased, kissing her cheek.

Harper picked up a tiny pile of candy that rested beside her and plopped it in her lap. She had hand picked out each of her favorite candies for her. "Here you go." She smiled.

Lauren giggled. "Mom-tax?"

Camila stared at the pile in appreciation - not that she had given it to her, but the fact that she didn't just give her the candy she didn't like. Because the candy Harper liked was the candy Camila liked. She was so touched that she gave her most of her favorites.

She smiled brightly at her little girl and cupped her face, kissing her nose. "Thanks babe," Then, turning to Lauren, "yeah, mom-tax," she smirked. "Okay, now it's time for bed." She placed her tiny pile of candy in her sweatshirt pocket and helped her put her candy back in her halloween bag. She watched as Harper crawled into her bed and sat on the edge, tucking her in. "Want me to sing to you?"

Harper snuggled deep into her bed and smiled up at her mom. "Can you both sing to me?"

Lauren looked up from the floor in surprise and smiled, shoving her own candy back into her halloween bag and stood up. "Yeah. I have the perfect song."

Camila looked up at her in curiosity. "Do I know the song?"

Lauren smiled at her. "Trust me. You do." She cleared her throat and started snapping her fingers before singing in a deep husky voice that sent chills down Camila's spine.

2,3,4
Baby let me be
Your loving teddy bear
Put a chain around my neck,
And lead me anywhere.
Oh let me be
Your teddy bear.

Camila stared up at her in astonishment and she slowly smiled brightly as memories of that song came rushing back to her. Their parents used to sing that song to her, Lauren, Chris, Dinah, and Ally every night for an entire summer as all four of them used to sleep in one room.

It was the summer she, Lauren, and Dinah were in the second grade and the Cabellos and Jaureguis spent the summer together in Hawaii in a beautiful beach house that only had three bedrooms so the children had to share.

She gave her a knowing smile before she turned to her now excited little girl and continued the song.

I don't wanna be your tiger

Lauren grinned and jumped in with the next line as she began to clap.

Cause tigers play too rough

Camila giggled and continued with a loving gleam in her eye.

I don't wanna be your lion.

They sang together for the next line.

'Cause lions aren't the kind
You love enough

Lauren leaned close to Harper's face as her little girl giggled happily.

I just wanna be
Your loving teddy bear
Put a chain around my neck,
And lead me anywhere.
Oh let me be
Your teddy bear.

Camila smiled up at her then looked at Harper, singing the next verse on her own as Lauren sang the background vocals.

Baby let me be, around you every night.
Run your fingers through my hair
And cuddle me real tight
Oh let me be
Your teddy bear

I don't wanna be your tiger.

Lauren sang as she sat kneeled next to Camila as she sang the next line.

Cause tigers play too rough.
Don't wanna be your lion.

The two teenagers looked at each other and smiled as they sang together.

Cause lions aren't the kind
You love enough

Lauren smiled and looked at their daughter, finishing off the song.

I just wanna be
Your loving teddy bear
Put a chain around my neck,
And lead me anywhere.
Oh let me be
Your teddy bear.

I just wanna be your teddy bear.

Harper stared at her parents in awe, smiling brightly at the song. "Wow." She breathed.

Camila laughed and kissed her cheek, tucking her in once again as she got excited during the song and had sat up. "Goodnight baby."

xxxxxxx

The morning of November first consisted of many things. It consisted of Camila waking up with one of the biggest smiles on her face as she remembered the night before.

It consisted of Harper complaining about not wanting to go to daycare.

And it also consisted of a very late Camila as she ran to class late because her daughter gave her a hard time that morning. She felt all the eyes of her homeroom on her as she quickly walked to her desk, stealing a glance at Lauren's desk and frowning when she found it to be empty.

And so was Kendall's.

It didn't bother her though. She trusted Lauren. She sighed in relief when everyone took their eyes off her and turned back to what they were doing. She turned to look at Normani who sat in the back of the class and mouthed to her, asking where Lauren was.

Normani looked at her and shrugged then they looked at the classroom door when it opened and one of the two in question walked in.

Kendall strolled in with a smirk. She met Camila's eye and they had a mini stare down as she flipped her hair and sat at her desk.

Camila's lips pursed in annoyance and she shook her head. She really hated that girl. Someone tapped her shoulder and she turned to see a red headed girl holding a note for her. She took it in confusion and opened it, seeing in Kendall's elegant handwriting:

Make sure to tell Lauren she forgot her shirt at my place last night. ;) don't want her to think she lost it.

Camila stared at the note and she slowly looked at the brunette who was staring at her with a smirk as she held what appeared to be Camila's tshirt that she leant Lauren last night in her manicured fingers. She knew it was hers because on the left pocket were her initials. She kept her face emotionless as the classroom door opened and Lauren walked in, making Kendall shove the shirt back in her bag.

Lauren smiled at Camila but she only stared at her and looked away.

xxxxxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 116 40
When Camila's mom decides to move to Miami for a big opportunity job.Camila didn't like the idea at first because she have her friends and she loved...
216K 5.2K 24
Lauren Jauregui became friends with five weird yet amazing girls. Camila, her best friend, keeps on giving her mixed signals which lead to Lauren thi...
91.3K 2.4K 22
Camila Cabello is a normal girl with normal dreams in life. When she discovers something new about two of her best friends, how will it affect their...
199K 5.3K 28
Lauren struggles a bunch which trying to forget her past. She's in college and has a basketball scholarship. She also is apart of a skateboarding tea...