The Secret Love (UNEDITED)

By MsDreamerGirl84

Contains swearing and mature contents. Eleanor Pallos, the daddy's girl. The only man she loves were curr... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Dinner and The Announcement
Chapter 2: The Convenience of the Arrange Marriage
Chapter 3: The Movie Marathon
Family Tree
Chapter 4: The Lunch and The Shopping
Chapter 5: New York
Chapter 6: The Birthday Party
Chapter 7: Accidentally Spilling the Beans
Chapter 8: No, I don't ...
Chapter 9: First Date
Chapter 10: Anger
Chapter 11: Bonding
Chapter 12: Uncertainty
Chapter 14: Inevitable
Chapter 15: Secrets, Hurt and Pain
Random Advertisement
Chapter 16: Success
Chapter 17: Déjà vu
Chapter 18: Jealousy
Chapter 19: Drunk in Love
Chapter 20: Lost In Lust
Chapter 21: Guilt
Chapter 22: It's Official
Chapter 23: Love
Chapter 24: Family Reunion
Chapter 25: Whirlwind
Chapter 26: Frustrations
Chapter 27: A Date
Chapter 28: It's not Love It's an Obsession
Chapter 29: Killin' Him Softly
Chapter 30: The Final Chapter
Epilogue
Sequel To This

Chapter 13: News

74.7K 2.8K 77
By MsDreamerGirl84

"My heart no longer felt as if it belonged to me. It now felt as it had been stolen, torn from my chest by someone who wanted no part of it."

― Meredith T. Taylor

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow ...

.......................................................

Athena Yvonne Pallos' POV (Unedited)

"Calm down, babe." I walk closer to my furious husband to calm him down. He slammed the newspaper on his study table, maddeningly.

We were welcomed this morning with the news of Nicolai and Elle dating. 

According to the Athens Celebrity Magazine, the two seen walking out at a restaurant hand in hand, and a source says that the two were seen kissing inside his car. We wanted to think it was all a lie and made up story, unfortunately, the front page prove the story were true. A blurred picture boasting of the two intimately kissing inside the car were posted at the very front page of the very well known magazine in Athens.

When and how it happened, we both don't know.

"Why?" he grit out. Anger radiates off him as he spits out the word. "I can't let this happen!" He threw the magazine viciously to the wall in frustrations and disappointment.

"Please Demi, let's hear their side first before we make a drastic move. This arranged marriage is already wrong but it was done. Let's just not screw things further." I stared at him intently trying to make him see sense. When the two agreed on this things, Addy and I was really furious, but they made their point and we thought why not. But now, I see it was a big mistake.

"This is not happening," he sighed defeatedly as he plopped down on his chair. He looks distraught as he clenched his fist. His jaw's muscles flexed- anger vivid in his face. Yet his eyes shows another emotions- apprehensive.

I walked to him and stood behind his swivel chair and let my hands rested on both shoulders. He lifted his hands and let it rested on top of mine. That tingles still surges in my veins whenever our skin touch and it never age. It never dwindled, yet it grows stronger as much as our love.

"I think you need to talk to the kids, Demi. What if the two truly love each other?" I ask. I just hope Vicky doesn't love Nicolai. It's going to devastate her if that happens.

"The reason why we agreed and Nick to this arranged marriage because they are both stubborn and hard-headed. Maybe they will learn to tame each other." Demi explains softly as he stared in oblivion. I leaned my chin on his head and curled my hands around him from behind. "You know Elle has a rheumatic heart and she can't afford to get really hurt. She has to stay away from stress and Nicolai is a stress." He points out and I know he's right. Nicolai brought too much headache to Addy, though they love him so much. They blamed themselves and the Petropoulis grandparents for spoiling him, but it was too late. "I don't want to see her again in that hospital bed with cords all over her body." Demi ranted softly and exhaustedly. I could feel that pain my husband is carrying. Even though the doctor said that she's fine. Still, that incident still haunts us like plague.

Ellle was born with a rheumatic heart. The doctor advises us not to stress her out, that's why we made sure that we give all our attention to her that sometimes it hurts to see me that Victoria is seeing it in a different way and growing rebellious.

I know she thought we love Elle more than we love her, because as they grew up, we always get on Elle's side. You know, kids can't avoid to bicker until they hurt each other from time to time. So most of the time, Victoria ended to get all the blame since we don't want to upset Elle.

That day when we gave her a time-out after they fought and Victoria, she cried a lot and when Demi went to check her in her room, she was lying unconscious on the floor, lips a color of purple and so was her skin.

We were so worried to death when we drove her to the hospital and we found out that she has rheumatic heart. It was acute, a short-term rheumatic heart, but we have to watch her all the time, make sure she wasn't stress out. The doctor says she can outgrown it, but that accident left us both scarred and until now, we are scared of her.

We never told anyone of this because we wanted her to feel and live normal like the other kids. We wanted her to grow that nothing to worry about, but now she's grown up, we were worried of her still. She grew up too dependable of us.

" ...can't take it if something happens to her. And if she ended to love Nicolai, most likely she will get hurt. Nicolai is a womanizer and no sense of responsibility. That's why Nicolas doesn't fully trust him yet to handle the company." I heard Demi sniffing and I realized my husband was crying. "All he did was whoring around."

"Sshhh..." I hushed as I stood up and rub his shoulders to sooth him. "We will talk to Victoria." I said momentarily, nodding my head in oblivion as I tried to think to get this things right.

"I would let Elle date Xandrous or Raffy but not Nicolai. I can't let it happen. I don't want to lose her." I could hear the determination and harshness in every word as he kept ranting.

"Maybe Nicolai loves her. Don't be impulsive Demi." I said, though sounding unsure.

"Nicolai is still in his prime."

He is right, but who knows until we talk to them.

"We will speak to our girls and find out about it. Maybe it's time to pry on their personal life and act as a friend instead of a parents to them?" I suggested to him and he just stared at me looking reluctant.

He just nodded.

....................................

Eleanor Pallos' POV

"... I wasn't ready then; I'm ready now .. 🎧 I'm heading straight for you ..You will only be eternally ...The one that I belong to .." I was staring on my phone as I listen to the song playing with Nicolai's name on the screen, calling.

As I stared into it drawing holes into the monitor, my heart also beats so fast, hammering inside my ribcage.

What does he wants from me?

After a long contemplation, I decided to connect the call.

"Hello,"

"Elle, it's Nicolai-"

"I know." I interrupted as I tried to calm my nerves. I forgot, he never gave me his number. I sneak into his sister's phone and copied it. "What do you want?" I asked trying to brush off the anxiety starting to crawl in my gut.

"I know I've been an ass to you and I wanted to make it up to you." My heart suddenly skip a beat after hearing his words. And he apologize? "Can I take you out for dinner tonight?" My breath hitched for a second.

Is he asking me for a date?

Am I hallucinating or dreaming? I don't want to wake up if it is.

I felt so happy and giddy. I know I'm gushing right at this moment. Nicolai Petropoulis was asking me for a date. Gosh, my secret love has finally notice me.

"Sweetpea, are you still there?" I heard his voice.

"Yes, yes.." I frantically responded, while my insides was raving up.

"You mean yes for dinner tonight?" He asked skeptically.

"Yes, Nico!" I agreed without thinking. I've been waiting for this moment, for him to finally see me other than a sister or friend. I have love him since I knew what love and crushes means. Too long to remember.

"...tonight." I heard his last word.

"I'm sorry?" I asked missing the first words.

"I said, I will pick you up at seven tonight."

"Oh, okay. See you later." I hold the excitement at bay not wanting him to think I'm over excited.

As soon as the call ended, I shouted yes in the air and my smile was plastered on my face that day until the night comes.

I didn't see Victoria today so I thought she's with her friends. Mom was busy making phone calls and dad is in his study according to mom, working.

I wanted to ask permission for tonight, but mom looks so worked up. After she told me that dad is working in his study, a fraught silence settles in. Mom seems too different, so I decided to just sneak out. 

Maybe there's a problem at work.

.................

"You didn't like your food?" Nicolai asked as he look at me with worries. 

"Oh no," I said overwrought as I look at him. "I'm just not used to sneaking out..." I blurted out unconsciously as I played my pasta with my fork.

Now that I'm with Nicolai and we are inside a very famous, romantic Italian restaurant, the excitement I felt a while ago now gone as the thought of leaving without permission from my parents bothers me a lot.

"Don't worry. I'm sure they don't mind." He comforted and I heaved a heavy sigh as I nodded my head.

I gave him a weak smile and force myself to eat the mouth-watering pasta laid in front of me.

We ate and Nico in silence. The pasta was really delicious and I relish the last bite. Nico was done with his Aubergine parmesan. "Mind if I ask you something personal, Elle?" I heard him said.

I place my fork on my empty plate and wipe my mouth with the table napkin, then place it beside my plate. Then, I look at him. "Sure." I grab my wine glass that is half empty and made a sip as I waited for him to speak.

He swigs the last content of his red wine and took his time placing the empty glass on table before he spoke. "Do you like that guy?" I know he knew his name, but he never calls him by name.

"His name is Elixir." I reminded him and an unknown emotions settled in his eyes as he stared at me.

"So you like the guy?" He pressed.

"I like him. He's nice. Though I don't know his intentions ..." I paused for a second as I locked my eyes into his. ".. and so were you?" I stared into his soulful sea green eyes intently.

What was his intentions, too?

His eyes flickered with mixed emotions, hard to name it. 

"You ask me if why do I care?" he glance around us before he drifted his eyes back to me. "I do care for you." I saw his jaw clenched though his facial expressions were neutral. 

"You already said that. You care for me as friend ... as a sister." I said tersely. I couldn't hold the irritation bubbling up in my system. That familiar pain whenever that thought crosses my mind, came crashing down. Wiping all the excitement that I felt moments ago. I tried to quell that sudden onslaught of pain and ache in my heart, but I failed miserably.

I look away not wanting him to see the pain in my eyes. I felt like I'm having a hard time breathing and tears brimming around my eyes, threatening to fall.

"Don't you see it, Elle?" His harsh tone made me look at him with confusion. "I care for you Elle, not as a sister or friend. I like you. I don't want to see you with that guy or any guy." He confessed. His eyes is full of hope.

"You like me ...?" I trailed of. My voice starting to quiver as excitement starting to rise in me. 

Suddenly, I felt alive.

"Yes. I like you .." he nodded his head. "a lot." His voice is warm and tender. 

My heart suddenly made a flipped at his revelation. He said he likes me. I was so happy. He likes me and that word gave me hope. He didn't said he love me, but that word is close enough, for me.

Just the thought of him seeing me a woman is already a big deal to me. And now he confessed he likes me. Damn, my heart is making flips. I couldn't contain the happiness I felt. A big smile plastered in my face.

"What about the wedding?" I asked when I remember about it. Though my sister admitted that she doesn't want the wedding to come, I still felt like I'm betraying someone. Maybe my parents who was expecting so much from this marriage?

"Please let's not talk about the marriage. This is us." I nodded. I kicked off the conscience nudging me. "Would you like some dessert?" he asked.

I shook my head. "No." 

"Would you like to catch up a movie?" He lifted his hand to catch the attention of the waiter who was talking to the other table next to us, though his eyes was still trained on me.

I check the time on my wrist watch and it's already nine. Dad and mom would surely looking for me. I had my phone with me, but I turned it off not wanting this date with my secret love be ruined. I was too brave to think about the consequences of my action. I'm too excited for this first date with him and nothing could stop me now.

I thought for a bit. "Hold on a second." He nodded. I fish out my phone from my purse and turned it on. Not long, I heard successive beeping of my phone and surely, I got fourteen messages from mom and dad.

"Where are you, princess?" It was my dad.

"I already called your friends honey, but they don't know where you are. Please let us know. We are worried here."- My mom.

"Please call us or text us incase you receive our text. Your dad is close to calling his security crew. You know when him." - Mom.

My conscience suddenly rushes in my system. I made mom and dad worried. I decided to text them.

"I'm sorry mom, dad. I didn't mean to worry you both. :( I just went out dinner with a friend."

I don't want to tell them it was Nicolai. Then I send it to mom and dad.

Minutes later, my phone beeps.

"Is it Elixir? Just please be home safely and don't go to the bar."

 My mom texted back.

"We won't. Just going to watch a movie. Is it okay if I get home late? Please ..."

"You should be here before midnight."

"Yes mom." Then I hit send.

I stuffed my phone back in my purse and look at Nicolai. I almost forgot he was with me. 

"I'm guessing all is good." Nico smiled and I nodded my head. I saw the back of the waiter with the machine in his hand. "Ready?" Nico asked and I nodded.

"Yes." I grinned cheekily as I rose from my seat and walk towards him. He lace his hands on mine and I felt overwhelmingly happy. I've been dreaming this day to come and finally it did.

Me and Nico, going on a date. 

He was very sweet all throughout.

.........................

I woke up with a bright smile in my face. Last night was the best night of my life. Nico was so sweet and attentive. He was holding my hand all throughout the movie. I felt so special and loved. 

I know, I'm expecting too much, but I can't help it. I love him to the bone. 

I was smiling like a fool as I walk to my washroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I heard a knock in my door. 

"Come in!" I called out as I dried my face and place back my toothbrush in the holder.

I hang the towel in the hook on one corner and walk out the door. Mom and dad walks in. Dad gave me a kiss in my cheeks so was mom.

I look at them suspiciously. Both of them visiting me in my room at the same time is peculiar. I smell something's wrong here.

"What's up mom, dad?" I asked without preamble.

Dad sat on the single leathered arm chair in my mini setting and mom took the adjacent one.

I walk to my bed and face them.

Dad and mom stared at each other before dad finally found his voice. "Do you love Nicolai, princess?" Dad asked blatantly. I almost choke with my own saliva. I slumped back the flush that's creeping over my cheeks. Mom glared at dad, though she didn't say anything.

I met dad's gaze, keeping my cool neutral face intact as I lied. "Nicolai is going to marry Vicky." I chuckled a bit hysterical to my ears, tasting the bitterness of the truth. "No dad." I force a reassuring smile that hoping they would believe.

I know I am hypocrite, but I'm scared what might dad and mom think of me. They are the last person I wanted to hurt. And if they find out that Nicolai and I dated last night, they will be devastated. 

"So Nicolai and you are not an item, right?" Mom asked in her tender sweetest tone she always uses to me. I never remember her yelling or getting angry at me.

I hate to lie to her but I had to. I had two reasons why I have to do this. I promised Victoria to keep her secret. And I don't want mom and dad to think I'm betraying Victoria, and them.

Oh this is really hard.

"Elle?" Mom called out and I look at her and smiled. 

"Yes mom."

Hypocrite!

I'm sorry. I mentally apologized.

"Oh, we are sorry to intrude your privacy baby. We will leave you now. There's a lot of things to do since tomorrow is the wedding." Mom stood up and walk closer to me then pulled me for a hug.

Dad did the same though he was very oddly quiet.

The truth of Nicolai getting married tomorrow hit me hard. I fought back the urge to cry since I don't want my parents to see me crying.

"Come down and have breakfast. The Petropoulis will be staying here tonight so they don't have to drive here tomorrow." Mom explains and I nodded absentmindedly. My mind is already clouded with the thoughts of Nicolai getting married and I felt like I'm having a sensory issues. 

The hope I felt last night is now crumbling down.

Dad and mom already left and I felt paralysed. I'm dead inside, I realized that. I decided to have breakfast even though I don't feel like eating. 

I saw Victoria and she just shot me a bored look, then she carry on whatever she was doing like she didn't see me. Now that's the Victoria I know. She's on her cellphone. I guessed I'm the only one left eating. 

There's only me and her inside the dining room. It felt awkward.

"Hi," I said just wanting to be polite as I sat across her.

She just raise her eyebrow showing her irritation, but didn't say a word.

I smiled bitterly to myself. I saw Marie walking towards me with a plate full of food.

As soon as she served it, I started digging, forcing myself to chew and swallow the pancakes wanting to get done as fast as I could. I don't want to stay longer because the longer I stayed, the reality bites. Nicolai and her is getting married tomorrow.

And some things never changed. And that's her. 

I'm just the pathetic little sister.

Victoria abruptly stood up making me look at her. Before she turns her back she looks at me and spoke coldly. "If your done eating Elle, can you go and pick up my dress? Nicolai and I needs to meet the presider for  tomorrow." Her intent tone halt me to ask about the seduction and about Xandrous. Though I could sense the sadness in her tone, yet she's too skilled in masking her emotions, or maybe I was just overthinking it. 

I found myself nodding, however my heart is bleeding.

And it's official. Tomorrow is the wedding and my world is over.

.................................................

A/N: There... Hope you all like it. 

I hope to read your thoughts about this. What do you think will happen?

I'm actually starting to feel down.. I really hated writing the part where the protagonist is being tortured...

Oh well... Part of the story.

Please don't forget to click the star. Thank you and just ignore the errors please...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 81.4K 43
| Sequel to Secret Love | Previously called "The Steadfast Love." "If you are here to give me hope yet again and then ditch me, I'm sorry to t...
61.7K 5.2K 44
Infertility! A simple word but can create havoc in a woman's life. Specifically, if that said woman's husband is having an affair with his long-time...
697K 7.5K 12
Life is a maze, a colourful confusing one at that. Trapped and entranced in my books I never thought I would find a perfect man. No man was like the...
2.1M 63.7K 57
Arabella Heatherway, the youngest daughter of the most successful lawyer Gabriel Heatherway and his beautiful wife Blair Heatherway. And the youngest...