House of Goths

Oleh MariaBernardAuthor

House of Goths - Not Your Average Fraternity House. Becky Sparks can't stand the thought of spending her fir... Lebih Banyak

Welcome
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Teasers
Belonging

Chapter 34

443 42 9
Oleh MariaBernardAuthor

In the days that followed, Becky spent most of her time away from her housemates. The last thing she wanted was to lead them on. Obviously, that's what had gotten her into this predicament in the first place. Gracie had it right when she warned this would happen, and Kelley had confirmed it with his hurtful words.

Rather than attempt to move out again, she decided to avoid them altogether. When they were downstairs she'd be upstairs. If they were painting, she'd watch television. If one of them happened to come along and join her, she'd quietly get up and leave the room. She kept her conversations with them short, sweet and to the point and only then if they initiated it.

She'd started taking her lunch breaks in the cafeteria regardless of the fact that she spent it alone. She felt it was the only way to deal with the unsavoury situation.

Furthermore, in an effort to avoid them on her way to and from classes, she often hid behind tree trunks and bushes if they so happened to drive by in their cars.

She'd taken Kelley's hurtful eye-opening words to heart. The last thing she wanted was to lead any of them on. She wasn't naive enough not to understand what he'd meant that night. It hurt to think that Dorian and Crispin didn't so much think of her as a friend but as a possible sexual conquest. Still, the self-imposed isolation hurt even more. There were times when she missed them terribly. Why did it have to be this way? Was there no middle ground?

Having coincidently met Gracie in the cafeteria one day, Becky filled her in on the situation, hoping for some clarification.

"Kelley's right. Although, he could have been nicer about it. I told you, he was too tense," Gracie said without hesitation. "Don't kid yourself, Becky. Guys are all the same. The only reason they're your friend is because they think they have a shot at you. Not that there's anything wrong with that."

"How is that not wrong? Don't they see me as a real person, with feelings? Am I just a female of the species to them?"

"Of course, they see you, Becky. Poor girl, you're all bent out of shape over nothing. Okay, take Crispin for example. I know for sure that he likes you. He talks about you all the time without even realizing he's doing it. Not in a sexual manner but with an oh, what's the word, a fondness?"

Becky nodded, but the understanding did not quite reach her troubled eyes.

"He thinks highly of you, silly. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't jump your bones if you gave him half a chance."

"But... that's just not fair."

"It is what it is. That doesn't mean you can't hang with them. It's just human nature."

"I'm not trying to lead them on. I'm just being myself."

"You're doing nothing wrong," Gracie said, feeling sorry for the confused girl. "Don't ever blame yourself for their actions. It's their problem if they can't control their hormones, besides Kelley's just being jealous."

"Perhaps you're right, but I think there's something more."

"Well, that's where you come in. If you truly want him, you have to take charge of the situation and make it clear to him that he's the one for you."

"Are you sure you don't believe in monogamy?" Becky asked with a reluctant smile.

"I never said I didn't believe in it, just that I don't practice it."

As the days went by, she kept her relationships with each of them on the cool side, lest she inadvertently send them the wrong message. Kelley, on the other hand, all but ceased to exist to her. In fact, she couldn't even stand to look at him. It hurt too much.

Not that he'd gone out of his way to be friendly with her either. As far as she was concerned, that was for the best anyway since all she could think about doing was kissing him. The sexy bastard!

How could he possibly blame her for attracting unwanted attention when he ran about the house with his long flowing hair like a lithe and powerful panther. Damn him and his narrow waist, lean hips and long leather clad legs.

Did he not realize what seeing him in those mesh shirts did to her? He also obviously didn't know how overwhelmingly sexy a silhouette he cut when all decked out in his ultra-Goth, militia inspired gear. And of course, that moody broody thing he did with his beautiful face, well, that was just unfair!

"What do you want to watch?" Dorian asked, flipping through the endless channels on the television.

"Who cares, just pick something," Kell groaned.

Hearing the soft padding of Becky's footsteps, all four Goths sat up straight, oozing with barely contained hope that she might finally join them. The house had been quieter than a crypt without the sound of her voice, the trill of her girlie giggles. Then, sure enough, her footsteps faded upstairs and they each visibly deflated.

"Okay, what did you do to her?" Crispin asked, having just poked his head into the hallway, watching her carry a bowl of cereal up to her room. "She doesn't even eat with us anymore." Quite frankly, he missed his little dormouse.

"Nothing," Kell grumbled.

"Well, maybe that's the problem," Keegan smirked, instantly grimacing with regret at the murderous daggers in Kell's eyes.

"Shut up," Dorian said, shaking his head at him. "Will you never learn?"

"Apparently not," he cringed. "Sorry, Kell."

"Well, don't just sit there, go get her," Crispin insisted, refusing to acknowledge Keegan's idiotic commentary. "This place sucks without her. In fact, it's so dreary that I don't think I can stand it much longer. You're all getting to be quite the drag, especially you, Kell. To be honest, you're sucking the life out me."

"Look who's talking," Dorian piped in.

"Why don't you go get her, if you want her so damn much?" Kell muttered from his chair.

Looking at him with disgust, Crispin warred within himself. He'd sworn never to get involved in Becky's relationship with Kelley after that debacle with Jax. Yet for some reason, Kelley was proving to be just as cruel and unworthy of such a sweet and soft little girl. "What did you say to her? Damn you!"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"The hell you don't!" Crispin shouted. "You said or did something that night. I saw the two of you, making out by the picnic table."

"You son of a bitch!" Dorian frowned. "Did you hurt her?"

"Back off, if you know what's good for you!"

"He must have, cruel bastard. Ever since then, she's been avoiding all of us," Crispin continued. "She hasn't even so much as looked at you, Kell." He shook his head, confused and angry all at the same time. "Here I thought, the two of you were as thick as thieves."

"One more word..." Kell threatened, reaching the end of his rope. He knew exactly what he'd done and, yes, this was all his fault. Yes, he had hurt her and he was as sorry as all heck, but there was no way he would tell them that. He'd only make himself look like a jealous idiot, even though that was exactly what he was.

"How can you stand to live with yourself?" Crispin continued, undeterred. "The poor little thing looked up to you."

"Yeah, you were like her hero or something," Dorian added to an already tense situation.

Looking disbelievingly at the three obviously enamoured Goths, Keegan, for the life of him, could not hold back his unfortunate opinion. "Geez, all three of you are way too invested in that insignificant piece of fluff."

Judging from the looks of disdain coming from around the already tense room, Keegan realized, too late, that he couldn't have chosen a worse thing to say. Next thing he knew, Kelley came flying across the room at him, followed by both Dorian and Crispin.

Hearing the ruckus from downstairs, Becky nearly spilt her cereal. Had a tornado had hit the house? "What in the world?" Putting the bowl down on the side table, she ran for the stairs. Were they killing each other? She winced at the sound of punches and shouts coming from the television room.

"What's happening here?" she cried, staring baffled at the scene she encountered. All four Goths, going at it like fighting fish in a bowl. From all the black it was hard to distinguish one from the other. "Stop this! Stop fighting!"

Foolishly lacking fear for herself, she jumped in and started tugging at an arm here, a leg there. Somehow she found herself on Dorian's back, pulling at his shoulders. Reactively, he reached over his shoulder and was about to flip her over when his steely grasp met with the softness of her small body. "No, Becky," he gasped, immediately releasing her.

Stunned, she stumbled back and fell on her butt. "Ouch!" she cried.

"Baby, you all right?" Dorian asked, crawling out of the heap of tangled arms and legs to see to her.

"Why are you fighting?" she shouted at him, humiliated and in shock.

At the sound of the alarm in her voice, Kelley and Crispin snapped out of their rage to look at her. Keegan, on the other hand, was simply relieved to have them off him.

"Becky?" Kelley gasped in horror.

"Did you hit her?" Crispin shouted, accusingly at Dorian. "God help you if you did."

"I did not hit her! But I might have hurt her by accident," Dorian responded indignantly, smoothing his hand down her back. "Did I hurt you, sweet baby?"

"No..." she sobbed, swatting him away. "What's wrong with you? Why were you fighting?" she repeated, desperately looking around the room for an answer.

"Isn't it obvious, Becky?" Keegan grumbled, slowly getting up off the floor, holding his hand up to his fat lip. "They all want you... but only one can have you." He flinched away from Kelley but forged on. "Heck, even I think I might want you."

"I'm about ready to tear your fucking head-"

"But that's not my fault!" Becky shouted, effectively cutting Kelley off. "I didn't even do anything wrong!" she cried out in defeat, looking from Dorian to Crispin, and finally Kelley. She was so distraught that she started to shake. What a nightmare! Keegan nailed it. No matter how much she avoided them, ultimately she was still the source of all this strife.

"Crispin, you were right all along. I have no business living here." She would ruin what they had, simply because she was a girl.

"Becky, please don't say that," Crispin said with a frown. "That was before I got to know you."

"It's true, though, I don't belong here!" she shouted, her voice cracking with emotion. "I've come in between you. I've ruined your friendships. I thought we could be a family, but I was wrong. I am naive and stupid. Just like you said, Kelley. You don't want me here. None of you do. Even I don't want me here anymore."

Standing to his full height, Kelley could no longer stand watching her fall apart, especially when he realized it was all his doing. It dawned on him right there and then that staying away from her was not the answer. What she needed was a champion, a friend, and, yes, a lover. Not the judgemental jealous jackass that he'd become. At the sight of her tears, he couldn't help but let his heart to win over his stubborn pride.

"Fuck this shit," he said, striding towards her, ignoring the others. "Becky, you are wanted." Without further hesitation, Kelley picked her up off the floor and carried her upstairs.

Much to his relief, she didn't even put up a fight. Instead, she did what came naturally, she curled up into his chest, exhaled and called his name, "Kelley..."

"I've got you, love."

"Thank God," Crispin said, resting his head back against the couch.

"You got that right," Dorian agreed.

"Fuck... that was intense." Keegan added. "I'll admit, though, she's kind of growing on me as well."

"Shut up, you!"

****

To be continued...

****

Did you enjoy this chapter? If you did, be kind enough to give it a star. Every little bit helps

Hey, don't forget to hit the FOLLOW button, and be sure to add House of Goths to your WATTPAD Library, so you don't miss the latest chapters and updates.

****

House of Goths Copyright © 2014 by Maria Bernard ISBN: 978-0-9938067-3-5

****

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

2.8M 101K 58
"Do you ever get scared of being happy?" He asked softly, also pretty tired. I kept my eyes closed as I answered, my fingers softly drawing circles o...
1.5K 161 49
There are six of us, all stereotyped the moment we're seen - Matt, Gee, Will, Jen, Court and Lena. The athlete, the princess, the brain, the criminal...
305K 242 35
Ellie Mattice is offered the opportunity of a lifetime when she gets accepted as an international student at a leading performing arts school in Lond...
5.9K 118 36
Hailey Rudes is for once in her life truly happy and at peace, but a constantly nagging feeling makes her think that her happiness will only be tempo...