Love Next Door

alfieyourfan tarafından

Two lost souls who ran away from home. Two lost souls in search of themselves. Will they find their way back... Daha Fazla

Teaser 1 - First Clash
1 - Moving In and On
2 - Make You Hate Me
3 - Turn Off
4 - Ultim(h)ate
5 - GRAND Meeting
6 - RonRon
7 - Finding Comfort
8 - His Heroine
9 - Found
10 - 179 degrees
11 - FEast Day
12 - Not the Same
13 - Good Shots
14 - Last(ing) One
15 - Coming Back
16 - White Dress
17 - Area 2
18 - For Her
19 - Dinosaur Love
20 - Decisions
22 - Accept and Appreciate
Teaser 2 - Dealing with the Unexpected
23 - Refuge
24 - Number One
25 - I Need a Doctor
26 - Breakaway
27 - You Can't Be So Sure
28 - Bestfriends
29 - My Crazy Valentine
30 - Bullseye
31 - What Lies Behind
32 - Project "Proposal"
33 - Twisted Fate
34 - One Day More
35 - Mr. & Mrs. Teng
Teaser 3 - Under One Roof
36 - New Home
37 - War and Peace?
38 - The Other Side
39 - Changes in the Night
40 - About Time
41 - Stubborn
42 - Mad Love
43 - From the Heart
44 - Quits
45 - Evergreen Promises
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3

21 - King Archer's Lair

2.5K 93 23
alfieyourfan tarafından

Lair
n. a place where someone hides or where someone goes to be alone and to feel safe or comfortable

MIKA

If Jeron's ascendants had one gene of kulit, that gene probably mutated into thousands when he was born.

Minsan sa kagustuhan mong tumigil na siya sa pangungulit, mapapa-oo ka na lang eh.

Parang yung nangyari lang kagabi.

It's the start of November's long weekend. Last hurrah before second sem begins.

Right after my noon shift at FEast, I went straight home to prepare. According to him, we're going to have dinner at their home in the south.

I chose to wear a spaghetti-strapped floral dress which reaches just above my knees and topped it with a chic denim jacket.

"Mika! Ready?!", I heard him shout from downstairs.

"One minute!"

I opened the door and saw him standing there, wearing a green polo shirt and a white pair of shorts.

"Lakas maka-La Salle ah.", comment ko.

"Syempre. Proud eh. Did you bring change of clothes?", he asked all of a sudden.

"Ha? Bakit? May basaan bang ganap dun?"

"Wala. But we'll be spending the night there."

ANO?!

"Oy teka teka lang. Wala yan sa kontrata ah. Bakit biglang may overnight?"

"Kasi hindi ako papayagan nina Mom mag-drive back here since it'll be late."

Hay andito na 'to eh. Nakabihis na ako.

Susko talaga, Teng.

Pasalamat ka gwapo ka sa paningin ko ngayon.

*****

"Juskolord. Nananaginip ba ako o milyonaryo lang talaga 'tong katabi ko?", Mika thought as they entered an exclusive subdivision in Alabang.

It's almost 5 PM at di niya namalayang nakatulog pala siya buong byahe.

Mas lalo siyang kinabahan nang huminto sila sa harap ng isang malaking gate at bumusina si Jeron.

"Huy siguruhin mo lang na tama 'tong pinapasok mo ah. Mamaya may lumabas na malaking aso dyan, lapain tayo ng buhay."

Jeron laughed at her imagination.

"I told you, you watch too many movies. Relax ka lang, ok?"

They stopped in front of the house and Mika was mesmerized by the cottage design of its exterior.

It looked more like a vacation house to her.

"Stay here. Check ko lang sa loob."

Mika stayed in the car and waited.

Jeron pushed the front door open and was surprised to see his whole family in the living room - his parents, his brother Jeric and his wife, and his two sisters Almira and Alyssa. Joining them was her Achi Almira's six-year-old daughter, Kylie.

"Shoti!!!", the ladies shouted and everyone turned to him.

As soon as they saw him, the Teng family all stood to welcome their youngest.

Niyakap siya isa-isa ng mga ito.

"Welcome back, son.", his father said sincerely.

"Thanks, dad. I... I didn't imagine it would be like this. You shouldn't have bothered."

There were letter balloons hanging on the wall which read "Welcome Home, Ron!!!"

"Ano ka ba naman, anak. We didn't see you for a long time. Of course, we would bother! Kaya nga noong sinabi ng daddy mo na tumawag ka kaninang umaga, I called all your siblings para we can have this reunion. Sayang lang your brother-in-laws couldn't make it because they have business to take care of. But thank God, you're back.", Susan kissed her son's cheek.

"Thanks, Mom. Na-miss ko kayo. Na-miss ko kayong lahat. Thank you... This is an awesome surprise. I appreciate it."

Jeron smiled at them before he spoke again.

"Actually, I have a surprise guest with me, too. You all know her by face. Pero siya, hindi niya alam yun. So please just act like you don't know anything."

The others just agreed despite their curiosity.

Lumabas si Jeron para sunduin ang kasama.

Gulat na gulat ang lahat pagpasok ng dalawa sa loob.

"Good afternoon po.", Mika greeted and bowed her head.

The moment she stood straight, she didn't notice the shocked faces of everyone as her eyes recognized the rich man's face who once dined at FEast.

*****

MIKA

Hell. No.

That kind rich Sir is Jeron's father?!

Totoo ba 'to?

"Everyone, this is Mika. My friend.", I heard Jeron say.

The Tengs all came near me and greeted me with a tight hug.

"Kumusta ka, hija? Buti nakasama ka dito kay Jeron. I prepared a lot of food for you. Tita Susan na lang ang itawag mo sa akin ha.", her mom said softly.

"Uhm thank you po, Tita. Ye na lang din po itawag niyo sa akin. That's how my family and friends call me."

"Really? Thank you for seeing us as your family, Ye. You're family to us, too.", Tita Susan said with a smile.

"Mom... Hindi ba pwedeng friends?", pambabara ni Jeron sa nanay niya.

"Anak, ang weird naman ng age gap namin sa kanya kung maging friends kami, diba?", his mom responded before turning to me.

"Don't mind him, ok? Treat us as your family. Feel at home, dear."

"Thank you po, Tita.", I managed to say despite feeling nervous.

"Hello, Ye. I'm Tito Alvin, Jeron's father.", the kind rich sir introduced himself.

"Hello po... Tito.", I greeted awkwardly.

"'My, she's the one I was telling you about. The new usher.", Tito Alvin said to his wife.

Mukhang nagulat si Tita pero walang tatalo sa gulat ng katabi ko.

"Wait, nagkita kayo sa FEast?! Bakit di mo sinabi sa akin?", Jeron asked me.

"Eh paano ko sasabihin sayo? I didn't know how your father looked like during that time."

"Alright, kids, kids.", his mom interrupted.

"Pasensya ka na hija ah. Kung di mo naitatanong, FEast is our-"

"Our favorite restaurant!", Jeron cut in and all heads turned to him looking puzzled.

"Can we take a seat first? Uncle Ron and his visitor might be tired.", a little voice said.

Whew! Thank you, baby girl!

Medyo energy-consuming 'tong conversation ng adults eh.

We all sat on the couch and introductions continued.

I got to know his siblings, even his niece Kylie.

"Aunt Ye, come! I'll show you my room!", the little girl said excitedly.

She held my hand and started to drag me away from the group.

I looked at the others and they were all smiling.

"Kylie, wag masyado makulit ah!", pahabol ni Achi Al.

"Yes mom!", she answered before leading me upstairs.

*****

"You are one crazy guy, shoti.", Almira said as soon as her daughter left with their visitor.

"And you're six of the worst actors.", Jeron replied, referring to his family.

"Kasi naman anak, why didn't you tell us it's her? Naitanong ko sana kay Baby kung anong favorite food niya."

"Don't worry, Mom. She eats almost anything edible.", answered the youngest Teng.

"Ang sama mo. Pero wait. Diba nga kaya ka naglayas dahil sa kanya? Tapos ngayon you brought her here sa family house?! WHAT IS AIR BRO. WHAT IS AIR.", Alyssa blurted out.

Only the men in the room didn't seem surprised.

"I knew you'd follow her.", Jeric said all of a sudden.

"And I wouldn't be amazed if you tell us na ikaw ang nagpasok sa kanya sa FEast. Kaya ayaw mong malaman niya kung sino ang owners ng resto.", he added, and the ladies were stunned for the nth time.

"Fine. I admit. Ahia's right. The truth is that Mika knows Ama and Angkong but she's not aware of our relationship with them. I decided not to tell her kasi kinwento nila sa kanya ang tungkol sakin at sa fixed marriage. So please, wag niyo na lang sanang banggitin. Can I count on you guys?"

"Of course!", they all said in unison.

"Let's go have dinner. We don't want our future in-law getting hungry.", Alvin said as he approached Jeron.

"I'm proud of you, son.", he told him wholeheartedly.

And at that moment, the youngest Teng couldn't feel any more right about his decision.

*****

MIKA

Playing with kids can be draining, but the inner satisfaction that comes with seeing them happy is indescribable.

Kylie's room was Frozen-themed, and as soon as we entered, she began to recite Anna's lines that gave me no choice but to pretend to be Queen Elsa.

Hindi ko naman siya pwedeng pabayaang mag-monologue diba?

Ang masasabi kong pinakanakakagutom na part ay yung duet namin ng Let it Go, kasi di naman talaga ako kumakanta.

Good thing Jeron came after we finished the song to call us for dinner.

And so we're gathered here in front of their long wooden table, enjoying the feast his mom prepared.

"Mika, kumain ka ng marami ah.", Tito Alvin said as he passed me the pasta.

"Opo. Paborito ko nga po itong carbonara eh.", I replied truthfully.

"Talaga, hija? Naku, tingnan mo nga naman ang destiny-"

Tita Susan stopped as all heads except Kylie's turned to her.

"... destiny mo sa pagkain.", she ended with a laugh and everyone laughed with her.

"Ay opo. May forever kami, Tita. Lalo na po kung kasing-sarap po nitong luto niyo.", I complimented.

"Thank you, Ye.
Maiba tayo. Paano mo nga pala nakilala itong bunso namin?", tanong niya sa akin.

"Ah. Magkapitbahay po kami.", sagot ko naman.

"Ha?!"
"Ano?!"
"What?!"
"Seriously?!"

They said at once. Only three people reacted differently.

Tito Alvin smiled, then I remembered our first encounter when he saw Jeron's name on my phone.

On my left, Kylie is laughing cutely at the adults in front of her.

I took a glance at the other side and saw Jeron shaking his head.

"Sorry Ye, ah. Nabigla lang. You know, you're the first girl Jeron brought here. We just didn't imagine that you'd be that close. Literally.", Achi Al commented.

"Ahh. Actually ako rin po. Nagulat na lang ako one day, occupied na yung kabilang unit ng townhouse. And si Jeron nga po 'yon."

"So, how's our brother as a neighbor?", Kuya Jeric asked. His teasing look at the man beside me didn't go unnoticed.

I chose to tell them the truth.

"Sa totoo lang po, noong una, he's a nightmare who came to life. As in first night pa lang niya, imagine niyo yun, gabi talaga siya dumating ah, ginising niya pa ako. I was so sure we couldn't live in the same vicinity kasi hindi po talaga kami magkasundo."

"Really? Sama mo talaga, Ron!", Achi Alyssa exclaimed before turning to me.

"What's the worst thing he did?", she asked this time.

I tilted my head to the other side only to see Jeron pouting cutely.

"He made me lose my job."

"WHAT?!
How could you?!
Wag bigyan ng dessert yan!", his sisters scolded him.

Haha, buti nga.

"Kaya pala nasa FEast ka ngayon.", Kuya Jeric suddenly blurted out.

"Yeah. One day naka-receive ako ng letter inviting me for a job interview. That same day, may nakain yatang kakaiba si Jeron kasi bigla siyang bumait. Tapos ayun, naging friends na kami."

"Oha, do I get my dessert back?", Jeron asked.

"Yes, Uncle Jeron! Wawa ka naman eh.", Kylie answered to the delight of everyone.

"O sige, para fair. Ano naman yung best thing na nagawa niya for you?", Tita Susan asked.

"Actually, very recent lang po. As in kahapon lang."

I smiled as I remembered the memory.

"He granted my baby brother's wish. And in relation to that... It's through him that I saw my parents again."

The room fell into silence and I realized that I just gave something away about myself which they may not have liked.

I bowed my head and bit my lower lip in apprehension.

"Uhm... Ano po kasi... I also left home to live independently. But I'm planning to see them again soon... and hopefully... patch things up.", I tried to explain.

Huminga ako ng malalim at tumingala.

Nagulat ako nang bumungad sa akin ang mga mukha nilang nakangiti. Yung ngiting masarap panoorin. Kasi alam mong totoo.

"We're very happy for you, hija. I'm sure it will turn out fine for you and your parents."

I felt the genuine sympathy behind Tito Alvin's statement.

"Thank you po."

Pagakatapos nun, kinwento nila na sa magkakapatid, si Jeron na lang ang hindi pa kinakasal.

We all continued to dine merrily and I've never felt at ease eating with a group of people I've just met.

After supper, Jeron led me to the attic, which actually appears to be a mezzanine inside his room because as we stood behind the railings, we can actually catch a glimpse of his bed covered with white sheets. Beside it is a side-table drawer where their family portrait is placed.

I looked towards the wide window and realized that the stars are out again.

A smile appeared on my face at the thought that I'm witnessing this moment with the same person, only in a different place.

Jeron went closer to the window and opened it.

"Come here.", aya niya sa akin.

"Ha? You mean pupunta tayo sa bubong? Kung magpapakamatay ka, wag mo kong idamay."

He let out a chuckle before he replied.

"Ikaw talaga. Of course I won't let that happen."

Jeron took my hand and we leaned on the window frame, feeling the cold night breeze.

"See? The view is better here.", he said and I couldn't agree more.

"You know, I used to climb out to this roof when I was younger. But as I grew up, I started to be anxious about falling off."

I smiled, understanding his line of thought.

"That's the difference between kids and most adults. Pag bata ka, you're free to dream without limitations.
You can have a dinosaur attend your birthday, you can be Princess Anna... You can stand on the roof and believe that you can fly.
Pero ngayong matanda na tayo, we can only wish to have that childlike faith back."

"True.", he agreed. "This... used to be my favorite place."

"Used to be? Bakit, may bago na ba?", tanong ko.

He nodded his head.

"In that new place, natakot din akong mahulog. Pero ngayon, natututo na akong maging matapang. Because I found something special. Something special I can't afford to let go."

"Teka, saan ba yan?"

Ang hirap makipag-bugtungan dito.

"Secret. Basta peaceful doon.", he responded.

I looked at him and realized that he was looking at me, too.

My heart began to race when Jeron slowly moved his face closer to mine.

With every second that passed, I felt my throat getting dry as his deep dark orbs kept staring straight.

He closed his eyes and so I did, too.

I waited for the moment to come until-

"Auntie Ye!"

I moved away from him and looked on the opposite side.

"Coming!", I shouted, knowing Kylie's downstairs.

Jusko Mika.

Muntik na.

I gathered all my courage and turned to Jeron.

"Sige ah. Tabi kami ni Kylie sa room niya. Good night."

"Good night, Mika. Sweet dreams."

Bumaba ako ng hagdan at inakay si Kylie papunta sa kwarto niya.

Once we're settled, she asked me to sing her a lullaby.

"Thank you, Aunt Ye. Alam niyo po, bagay kayo ni Uncle Ron."

"Nako, matulog ka na. Ikaw talaga, next time natin yan isipin ha, pag big girl ka na."

"Good night, Auntie.", she said sweetly before dozing off.

Jusko Mikaaa

Umayos ka.

Pero diba hindi daw nagsisinungaling ang mga bata?

Ssssssshhhhh

Kalma. Kalma.

Kaibigan ka lang.

Repeat 21x.

Itutulog ko na lang.

Bukas, wala na 'to.

Author's Note:

Tulog na. Hahaha

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

6.6K 14 1
This is not a story. It's just a book of a random thoughts. It's been unpublished before but I uploaded it back. Do not repost this to other social m...
2.4K 484 90
❝ pwede ba ako maging ama ng mga anak mo at maging asawa mo? ❞ ━ in which a guy fills up the form to be the husband of the founder in a fam...
41.3K 2K 32
"Stories may well be lies, but they are good lies that say true things, and which can sometimes pay the rent."
113K 2.1K 19
They told me to be grateful for the roof above my head, food on my table, affording hundreds of thousands of tuition fees, and all the other luxuriou...