HYPNOTIC ✗ rucas

By adoringrucas

[ 2016 GMW Choice Award Winner ] [ 2017 GMAWARDS Winner ] ❝I l o v e d her not for the way she d a n c e d... More

0.1; "Today's the day."
0.2; "He's dark."
0.3; "Ladies."
0.4; "I'm Lucas Friar."
0.5; "He saved me."
0.6; "Here goes nothing."
0.7; "She took my breath away."
0.8; "Goodnight, Riley."
0.9; "I'm falling for Riley Matthews."
1.0; "My hero."
1.1; "Afraid."
1.2; "Hate is a strong word."
1.3; "I'm here."
1.4; "Why?"
1.5; "Friend or nothing."
1.6; "Can I trust you?"
1.7; "It's a date."
1.8; "Lost in time."
2.0; "I will always choose her."
2.1; "Friendsgiving."
2.2; "Take my hand."
2.3; "Birthday."
2.4; "Lost me forever."
2.5; "Goodbye my lover."
2.6; "Just let it in."
2.7; "Moving on."
2.8; "New beginning."
2.9; "After all this time."
3.0; "I need you."
3.1; "The love we deserve."
3.2; "Save me."
3.3; "You remember?"
3.4; "Hold me forever."
3.5; "Home is when i'm with you."
3.6; "Sense & Sensibility."
3.7; "I promise."
3.8; "Love changes us."
3.9; "I've got you."
4.0; "Broken."
4.1; "You and me forever."
4.2; "Stay with me."
4.3; "She's my world."
4.4; "Remember me always."
4.5; "Just like yesterday."
4.6; "Back to the start."
4.7; "First date."
4.8; "Let me go."
4.9; "I remember."
5.0; "I love you."

1.9; "Jealousy."

9.6K 270 397
By adoringrucas

R I L E Y

I trotted down the stairs, as I hopped onto the subway train. Immediately the doors closed behind me. I took a deep breath, almost missed it. Suddenly I felt my back pocket buzz, indicating that I got a text message. I looked down, and I saw that it was Maya. I don't think I've ever felt so lonely before, I've debated wether or not to text her the past few days.

From: Peaches!¡

'We need to talk. Meet me and Farkle at Topanga's tonight please.'

I let out a sigh. The way they've been treating me has made me angered, upset. But I guess I can't get myself out of this on—

I was suddenly swept underneath my feet, as I felt myself fall forward onto someone, down to the ground.

Dammit. Way to go Riley, never holding on when you need too. I heard a groan and my eyes fluttered open.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!" I gasped. I was on top of a guy, who looked close to my age. Maybe he was my age, I don't know, but whoever he was he was hot. Whoops, did I just say that?

"It's alright. It happens." He chuckled. I quickly got up, readjusting myself. I put my hand out to help the guy up, and I then got a better view of him.

Whoa mama.

"Oh, I'm so stupid, are you okay?" The guy asked in a worried tone. I laughed. "Yeah I'm just fine, I'm kind of used to falling on here. But are you alright?" I questioned back. He grinned, "I'm kind of not used to this. Riding on a subway train, I mean. I just moved here. But I guess I'm just using that as an excuse because I'm clumsy." He chuckled, as we both held onto a bar.

I stifled a giggle. "Trust me, I know how you feel. I was in that same position three months ago. Also I'm clumsy too." I smiled. He smiled back, and his teeth were like perfect.

But as of right now...I'm not really looking to date. Not that I'd date him I mean, I don't know. There's kind of someone else in my life that's more important to me right now.

"I'm Riley." I said.

"I'm Daniel." He replys with a smile. He had brown hair, that kind of swept of into a quiff. He had bright blue eyes and was tall, but not as tall as Lucas. Dang it, why do I compare every guy to Lucas?

"So where are you headed to?" I asked, trying to not worry about my thoughts. "John Quincy Adams high school, today's my first day actually. Like I said, I just moved here." He responded. I grinned. "Well you're just in luck, I'm heading there too. That's where I go to school." I reply. He suddenly let out a big breath.

"That makes me feel so much better." He laughed. I giggled also, before the subway came to a halt. It was our stop. "Yeah, I'll show you around and stuff." I smiled, as the subway doors opened and we both hopped off. "It would be much appreciated." He winked with a smile. I laughed. He's playful, I like that. Maybe we'll become good friends.

Me and Daniel walked along the streets, chatting before the huge brick school building came into sight. It felt like Maya showing me around for my first day. I tucked my hands in my coat pocket, as we stepped onto the large stairs in front of the school.

"Here it is. John Quincy High." I spoke.

"Wow. This is a lot smaller than my older school." He replys. I let out an awkward laugh, as I gave him a funny look. "This is like, one of the largest schools on the east coast. Where were you from?" I asked curiously. He let out a chuckle, before he looked back to me.

"Kind of complicated. I was born in LA and then me and my family moved to England, then moved back to LA then here." He responded. My eyes widened. "Wow, I'd like to know what your parents do for a living." I retorted, as we walked to the doors.

"Um they aren't really that interesting." He said, and I could hear a bit of distress in his voice. "Oh okay. Well here, let me take you to the front office." I smiled, leading the way to Ms. Lethungs office space.

We both waltzed inside and Daniel walked up to the main desk. While I let him talk, I went and sat down on a seat. I looked back down to my phone, and saw that I had a message from Lucas.

Last night was... I couldn't even describe or put it into words. I guess all I can say is that it was pretty incredible.

I blushed just thinking about it.

I read his message.

From: Lucas(:

'Id love to take you up on your offer, Thanksgiving would be great.'

I blushed even deeper.

"You okay?" I suddenly heard someone bluntly say. I got snapped out of my thoughts as I looked up. It was Daniel.

"O-Oh yeah, I'm fine. Just kind of hot in here, need to take off my coat." I lied, standing up as I slipped of my pea coat. "Oh okay. Well here's my class schedule, maybe we have some together." He says, handing me the paper.

I read along the paper, smiling.

"We have science, english, history.. and photography...." I trailed off at the end. "Oh, sweet." He grinned. I gave him a fake chuckle and smile, before we headed out of the office to go find his locker.

"Yours is kind of far away from mine, but you're right next to my, well.. Sort of friend Farkle." I say. He pursed his lips, nodding. "Your combination number is at the end of your paper."

"Ok, cool. Well thanks for helping me." He smiled. I grinned back. "No problem." I say softly.

"Hey, Riley..."

T H I R D.   P O V.   

Riley was talking to Daniel, before a sudden boy came up behind her.

"Hey, Riley...." Lucas said, trailing off as he saw the guy before him, talking to Riley. Lucas's sort of smile turned into a blank expression in a nano second.

Riley spun around. "Oh, h-hey." Riley slightly stuttered, but quickly covered it with an innocent smile. Her chocolate brown eyes were wide, but Lucas was abruptly staring at the guy behind her.

"Oh. I'm sorry." Riley bluntly spoke, turning back and forth from Daniel to Lucas.

"Daniel, this is my friend, Lucas."

Friend. Ouch, Lucas thought. "And Lucas this is my, well new friend, Daniel. I met him on the subway this morning he's new here." Riley smiled to Daniel. Lucas noticed and he could feel jealously arise in his veins.

"Hey, nice to meet you man." Daniel grinned, setting his hand out to shake Lucas's. Lucas put on the tiniest fake smile, as he shook Daniels hand. "You too." Lucas replied. Maybe Lucas shook his hand a tad bit too hard. Daniel let go, as he let out a fake awkward chuckle.

"Well, I'm not sure what class we have first and if it's together." Daniel said to Riley. "Me and Riley have math together as out first class." Lucas suddenly said. Riley raised her eyebrow at him. Why is he acting weird? Riley thought.

"Oh yeah, me and her have English, science and history together also." Daniel said, putting on a fake smile. He could feel the tension rising the air by the minute. Riley was just utterly confused.

"Me and her have English, history, pe, math, social studies and photography together." Lucas replies, putting on a fake smile that anyone could see through it, especially Riley. Riley began to catch on and her once smile turned into a death stare towards Lucas.

"Well me and Riley have photography together also." Daniel responded back, kind of proudly. Lucas's smile faded. That was the one class he had, where it was just her and him. Nobody else that they knew.

"Well guess we both have a lot of class's with her then don't we?" Lucas pursed his lips. Daniel smiled and nodded. "Yep. Well I best head off to my first class I don't want to be late. See you guys later, bye Riley." Daniel smiled, tapping her hand. Riley pursed her lips. "See ya." She responded. Lucas saw Daniel's wondering hand and he could feel his jaw clench.

"What the hell was that!?" Riley spat. Lucas looked at her confusingly. "What was what?" Lucas spoke, as he began to head towards Mr. Savages classroom.

"That thing, there was no need to be so rude towards Daniel." Riley spoke behind him. "Well it seemed as if he loved to be friendly with you, especially his hands." Lucas says, even though Daniel only tapped the top of Riley's hand, if was enough to make Lucas mad.

Riley stepped in front of Lucas, with a smirk plastered across her face.

"Is that jealously I hear?" Riley retorted. Lucas's jaw clenched.

"I have no reason to be jealous, do I?" Lucas responded, stepping forward as Riley stepped back. The smirk wouldn't leave her face.

"Yeah, sure." She replied, before her back gently touched the lockers behind her, and there was hardly no space in between them both now. The heat was rising and it took every ounce in Lucas's body to not grab her face and kiss her.

"I'm not jealous." Lucas smirked, before he stepped back and walked inside the classroom.

Riley rolled her eyes before she walzted in also. She caught eyes with Maya. Maya's eyes were wide, before she nodded. Riley nodded back. She would go and talk to them at Topanga's tonight.

Riley went and sat in her seat, ignoring Maya and Lucas's gaze. Maya looked back to Lucas, giving him a sort of dirty look. Lucas caught on and winked at her. Maya practically gagged before she turned her head forward.

Lucas stared at the back of Riley's hair. He was used to this, after all he did it everyday practically, sometimes he'd get lucky and she'd turn her head to write something down and he would get a glimpse of her beautiful face. He could stare at her for hours.

Lucas then remembered the jealously he felt while Riley was talking to Daniel. He did not like him, clearly. But Lucas was, he was jealous. But it wasn't all jealously, he felt fear, too. He was scared that Daniel might swoop in and take Riley away.

And that was just about as scary as his other secrets, but loosing Riley would be even worse than anything that had ever happened in his past. He could never lose Riley.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Riley walked along the sidewalk, before Topanga's came into sight. Riley closed her eyes, as she let out a big breath. She wasn't sure if she was going to forgive Maya or not, but she would certainly try.

Riley walked inside, the instant breeze of warm air hitting her face. She saw Farkle and Maya sitting down, so she trotted over there. Maya's expression looked worried, as for Farkle he had on a slight smile. He missed Riley a lot, he felt really bad for what he did but Maya felt even worse.

Riley sat down, as she looked at the both of them.

"Hi." Farkle said. "Hi.." Riley lightly replied, looking at Maya. Maya bit her lip, before glancing at Farkle.

"So you're probably wondering why I texted you." Maya said. Riley wasn't sure what to say, she just looked at Maya and Farkle. They really hurt her, especially Maya.

"Well...we both wanted to say that we're sorry." Maya said. Riley deeply breathed in, nodding to let her continue, as Farkle did. "We weren't trying to hurt you. Me and Maya talked and we said that we wanted to protect you from Lucas because, well we care a lot about you." Farkle spoke.

Riley felt slightly angered, but she let Maya continue to speak.

"I wanted to keep you from getting hurt from Lucas, because I have heard of what he's done. Which is why I got so mad with you." Maya confessed, as she stood up along with Farkle. Riley sat up also.

"You can't judge a book by its cover." Riley says. Maya and Farkle nodded at each other.  "We know that now, I know that now." Maya replied. Riley could feel tears in her eyes, but she held them back.

"You guys hurt me, I never did anything to you and you turned your back on me when I needed you the most. Especially you, Maya." Riley said softly, trying not to cry. Betrayal from friends is the one of the hardest things Riley had to go through in middle school, so she didn't take this lightly.

Maya walked closed to Riley. "I am so sorry for what I said." Maya began to slightly tear up also. "I'm really sorry for ignoring you, you're my friend and I care so much about you Riley. I never meant to hurt you." Farkle said, patting Riley's arm.

Riley looked to Maya.

"Me and Lucas are just friends. You can't judge him until you get to actually know him. He's a good guy." Riley felt a tear trail down her cheek.

Maya was about to cry.

"I know and I am so sorry, I will never judge him that harshly again. You can be friends with whoever you want too. You are my best friend and I love you, and I can't tell you how terrible I have felt these past two week without you. I need my best friend, and I'm so sorry Riley. I am so sorry I never meant to hurt you." Maya cried, as Riley and Maya embraced each other in a hug. Farkle just stood there with a smile on his face. His best friends were back together. Riley and Maya departed, as they both let out a light chuckle and wiped there tears.

Maya truly never meant to hurt Riley, neither did Farkle. They were just trying to protect her.

"I forgive you Maya, you too Farkle." Riley smiled, pulling Farkle in for a hug. They all three just stood there, huddled in a hug before Farkle spoke.

"Ladies, no need to be so needy." Farkle smirked. Riley and Maya fell into a fit of giggles. They were both just happy that they had each other back.

"I love you guys." Riley smiled. "We love you too!" Maya and Farkle said in unison, as they tackled Riley into another hug as they all three laughed.

Riley felt happy, she had her best friends back. What else could possibly go wrong?

>>>>>>

Quite Like You - The Script

A/N: HELLOOO MY BEAUTIES IVE MISSED YOU <3 but here I am with an update! I hope you guys liked it hehe. And yes, there is another boy who just got involved with Riley's life. But later on he will be very important. (Oooo). Of course I had to make Lucas jealous because he is so hot when he is amiright!? And I missed RILAYA SO MUCH SO I HAD TO MAKE THEM GET BACK TOGETHER I MEAN THEY'RE PRECIOUS. Okay, I hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow if you live in the US and if you don't live in the US I hope you have a great day period! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 355 16
Riley and Lucas thought they'd be together forever. They fell in love in high school, got engaged in college, married a year later, and by the time t...
327K 6.8K 70
"𝐈𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐧." 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: 𝐈 𝐝𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐆𝐢𝐫�...
7.2K 201 34
Lucas finally snaps because of the stress caused by the triangle. This leads to a series of events leading to the end of the triangle. (Takes place...
28.9K 1K 16
Don't act like I don't care rucas au