The Road Gets Tough (Synyster...

By nickisevenfold

Brian's finally learned to accept the things he cannot change. Losing Jackie again was all it took for him to... More

Going To California
It's What You Do Best
One Too Many Drinks
Yoga-nna Accept My Apology?
The Heavens Opened Up and An Angel Appeared
Green-Eyed Monster
The Future Mrs. Haner
Face To Face With The Enemy
Strength Of The Syn
Getting Serious
When The Past Comes To Visit You Got To Think Twice
The Fight That Ended It All
Can We Still Be Friends?
Worry Wart
Papa Gates' Words of Advice
Had It All
This Family
Testing The Waters
To End The Rapture
Unaware How Fine You Were Before My Buzz Set In
Berries and Cherries
Jail Cells... Jail Sells
A Fucked Up Lie In A Fucked Up World
A Smile Long Gone
A Little Surprise
Don't Speak
Making Amends
That's The Wrong Answer
Lord, Take Me Now
Promise Me All The Alcohol In The World
Still Loving You
What Are Friends For?
This Is Going Too Far: Part 1
This Is Going Too Far: Part 2
The Intervention of a Life Time
Ready, Set, Run
Calling Out The Obvious
Breakdown
Bring Me To Life
Down The Hole
Swallow Your Pride
Mid-Air Apologies
Assuming Makes An Ass Out Of You And Me
Some Guiding Light
Here Comes The Past, All Dressed In Black
One of My Best Regrets
Order Up; Haner on the Grill
A Stranger's Mouth
An Explosion of Serenity
The End Of Me
Stress Is A Real Bitch
Sudden Outbursts
Goodbye Gates
Zacky's Deep Dark Secret
Stress, Stress, Stress
Small Change in Plans
Breaking The News
I'm Coming Home
A Friendship Sent To Exile
Vengenz To Gates
Baby Wait-Baby Weight
All I Ask Of You
Let's Have A Wedding
Jimmy's Prediction
Born To Die / Author's Note

Dad's Always Right

1.5K 54 17
By nickisevenfold

Brian's POV

Days passed and the night seemed longer than usual. I couldn't fall asleep because there wasn't someone next to me, or someone kicking me with their foot. 

I missed Jackie; a lot. It was hard getting through the days with out thinking of Jackie and how I threw her out of my life like that. I mean, she did cheat on me. But I cheated on her too. I could've talked things over with her. I shouldn't have jumped to a conclusion. I didn't even give her a second to speak. That was the reason why I drank; to forget about her and the fact that I missed her. But that's why everyone wants me sober. I need to calm down and patch things up with myself before I can even take the next step and call her.

However, not being able to drink made things completely worse. I couldn't relax. Everything was stressing me out. I felt like the world was against me when I knew everyone wasn't. It was so tempting to reach into the fridge and pull a beer out. But it seemed whenever I'd try, one of the guys would  slam it shut. I appreciate everything they've done but I need a fix. 

"How're you feeling today Brian?" Matt asked as I walked into the front area. He lightly pat my shoulder then reached into a cabinet for some crackers. 

I shrugged, "I have a headache. I'm just really happy it's a day off." I threw myself onto the couch and laid back, watching Arin and Johnny play Guitar Hero. I wasn't ever really into playing games, but I sure did enjoy watching them. 

"Well we're getting to the hotel in a bit. We only got a suite since we're leaving tomorrow morning. We asked for no alcoholic beverages there." He smiled and threw me a bottled water which landed on my stomach, "Because we care." 

I rolled my eyes, "Assholes." 

As the bus came to a halt in Des Moines, Iowa, we got off and made our way to the suite. The hotel wasn't a five star, I can guarantee you that much. The place needed work and I did not want to go to our room if it looked the way the lobby did. 

But we're on a tour-budget, so it's our only choice. 

"Look! They have a Denny's inside!" Arin shouted after Zacky complained how he was oh-so hungry. 

"C'mon we should go eat! They're taking our bags up anyways." Zacky replied as everyone followed him to the entrance. 

Instead, I kept walking straight with the bellboy. I was far from hungry. I had a killer headache and all I wanted to do was sleep the whole day. 

"Bri! Aren't you coming?" Matt asked turning around. I shook my head, "Good. There's something waiting for you upstairs. I'm pretty sure you'll like it. We thought you might need it." 

Thoughts ran threw my head; could it be a six pack? Could it be Rum? Could it be Jackie? 

Just thinking about her name made my stomach do somersaults. I turned on my heel and took off sprinting to the elevators to catch up to the bellboys and our luggage. 

I didn't know what I was going to do if it was her. I was going to go crazy. What am I going to say? Holy shit. I thought to myself. 

It seemed I had spaced out the whole way there because next thing you know, I was standing in the doorway.

"When you're done unloading, you can leave the cart outside your door." The bellboy said leaving my presence. 

"Thanks." I handed him a very nice tip then walked inside the suite. Maybe he can give that tip to management and they can fix up the broken chair in the lobby. 

I noticed a few bags already placed on a couch. I quickly dropped mine and followed the ray of light that beamed out from a door that was cracked open a bit. There was noise coming from the room so I knew someone was in there.

Oh shit, oh shit. I thought to myself. What am I going to say?

I pushed open the door, removing my glasses from my face. I expected my Jackie to be there, but it wasn't even Jackie and it pissed me off. 

"Hi'ya Bri!" My dad said sitting on the bed, relaxing his ass off. 

I rolled my eyes, giving him a weak wave. "Hi." 

He let a laugh escape his lips, "Well don't sound so damn excited to see me." He stood up and opened his arms. "Hug me." 

"What are you doing here?" I asked just as my arms wrapped around his shoulders. 

"Well, I had a show. I came to do it and I accidentally booked this suite. I'm leaving tonight so I'm splitting the check with your manager." I nodded, "You look drained. I heard what happened." 

I dropped my glasses on the night stand and took as long as I could to reply. I didn't want my dad to find out. It was embarrassing. "Yeah... Shit happens." 

"It's not shit Brian." He sternly said. "This is serious. And we're going to talk about it. Where are the guys?" 

I hopped on the bed, "They went out to eat. I came to sleep so I'm not going to talk to you about my personal life at the moment. I'm extremely tired and I can't function with out my fix. So if you want to talk go down to their ghetto bar and get me a bottle of Rum with ice." I closed my eyes, trying to catch another five hour nap like the one I had yesterday.

He, yet again, laughed, sitting on the other side of the bed. "You are hilarious. Sit up and wake up." My head began to pound after he smacked the shit out of it. 

"Go away."I said pulling the pillow out from under me and covering my face with it. 

"Brian, we have a lot to talk about. I spoke to Jackie when you two just broke up and I think I need to give you a piece of my mind like I gave her. But before we jump into that, we have to talk about the drinking." 

I sat up, "Dad, we don't have to talk about anything." He gave me a you're kidding me look. "I'm fine. I'm not drinking. I haven't talked to Jackie. I'm still in the band. I'm trying to get better. There okay? We spoke. Now can you go shop or something so I can sleep?" 

"No." He said with out any sympathy. "I don't care if you're sleepy. Now explain to me why you got mad at Jackie for cheating when you cheated."

Shit. "I didn't cheat." I lied. Although it wasn't true, I wanted to seem good in my dad's eyes. 

"Shut up. I know you better than anyone. You are my son, moron. Why did you get all pissed off at her for cheating when you did the same thing?" My dad was most definitely getting on my case about this.

"Because I didn't fuck the girl. I didn't go in her pants-"

"Woah, woah, woah. What makes you think that's what Andrew did to Jackie?"

I shrugged, "I just... I think that's what he did..." 

My dad laughed and stood up, rubbing his temples, "Why the fuck do you assume shit, Brian? He didn't even get to second base with her. She was honest with me and told me before he even got a chance to do anything, she pushed him away." 

I hate when she's honest because it makes me feel like a bag of shit. "...She still cheated." 

"Brian why can't you just admit what you both did was wrong? And stop playing the victim card here. Haven't you ever stopped to think maybe the reason why she cheated was because you cheated?" 

"So because I cheated makes it okay for her to cheat?" I asked, raising my hand to my chest, making things more dramatic. 

He rolled his eyes, "What makes it okay in the first place?" I didn't respond because he had a point. "Brian, you know how lost that girl is? Every chance I get, I text her or I call her to see if she's okay. It's more than obvious that she's not. She tells me she's trying to give you the space you need. But it seems like it's just killing her!" 

"What's she up to? Like, have you had a chance to speak to her about that kind of things? Is she over me?" I tried not to seem curious or excited to hear about her.

"She's living with her parents. From what she's told me, she got her old job back." My heart was breaking even more; she's making a life in New York again. "That's pretty much it." 

"So she actually took everything from my house and bailed on me?" 

My dad crossed his arms over his chest, surprised, "Bailed on you? You threw her out." 

"I was mad." 

"Doesn't matter. I have to catch my plane in an hour. I need to leave." 

"Wait!" I screamed as my dad threw his backpack over his shoulders. He raised his eyebrows, "What do I do? I want to make things right. I want her back in my life, dad. She's the only way I'm gonna be okay and the only way I'm going to stop drinking like I was." 

He pulled me into a hug and rubbed my back, "6924 N. 89th Street New York City, New York. Condo number two. I wrote it down on the notepad on the coffee table. Don't go now, wait until you're done with the tour." 

I gave my dad an even tighter hug. Although we'd gotten no where with the conversation, he did give me so much hope. "Thank you dad." 

"You're welcome." He smiled. "I really need to leave now. Be safe and no drinking. There's no alcohol in this place. I already checked." 

"Damn it. They would." 

He chuckled and made his way to the door, "They did." 

Despite my little alcoholic experience and the after effects, knowing my dad wanted to help me get Jackie back made me feel so much better. 

But now, I need to rest my head. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.1K 1K 30
Rating: Explicit//Rated R Archive Warning: This story contains violence and rape. So, do not read if you are uncomfortable with these subjects. Words...
10.8K 154 19
25 year old Brian Haner well-known as Synyster Gates is changing for the love of his life. Secrets are exposed as time goes on. Will Brian change aga...
6.4K 204 27
Synyster Gates is a mysterious Nightwatcher. It's his, and his partner, Zacky Vengeance's, job to help people in need. Especially, one night two girl...
2.7K 54 20
How could it come so far? Is Brian just meant to lose everything he loves? And how will he get out of this, if he's not even sure to be strong enough...