Gotta Be You [Complete]

By sheeriostyles

I know how they both feel and now all that’s left to do is to find out how I feel. And right now, my heart is... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Epilogue
*My next fanfic?*
*New fanfic*

Chapter 35

1K 33 5
By sheeriostyles

Isla’s POV

I froze in my spot as James came for me. I closed my eyes expecting him to grab me but it never came.

I opened my eyes and saw Niall and Harry standing in front of me, protecting me. I looked over their shoulders to see a seething James giving each of them the death glare. 

“Get the hell out of the way,” James spat.

“You need to leave,” Harry said with a strong voice. 

Then I started shaking as James came up close to Harry with a threatening look. I could see the muscles in Harry’s back tighten.

“Get the hell out of my way…or I’ll make you,” James growled. I could see both Harry and Niall clench their fists.

Before things got worse, I pushed in between Harry and Niall to stand in front of James. 

“Stop it!” I shouted. “James, what’s wrong with you?”

James eyes opened wide and his jaw tightened before narrowing his eyes at me.

“What’s wrong with me? I let you go to the party and I find you hugging some other guy,” he said. “Who are they, anyways?” 

I started to cower as his glare burnt into me. “They’re…they’re my friends. From…from back home.” 

“How did they find you? I made sure that that would never happen,” he said.

“Isla, what--”

“Niall, stop, let me handle this,” I said, not looking away from James. I didn’t want Niall or Harry or anyone else to get into this mess. I had to deal with it myself.

“I have no idea how but they just came to visit me,” I explained, trying to hide the fact that I was incredibly scared of him right now. “Is there something wrong with that?”

“Don’t talk to me like that,” he spat. Then he grabbed my arm forcefully and started dragging me to the door. “Let’s go. I’m taking you home.”

“Ow! Let go of me, James,” I cried out, trying to pull myself out of his grasp. I frantically looked behind me to see Niall and Harry coming for me. I started to panic, I didn’t want them to get involved. I looked back at James. 

“James! Let me go! I’m not going home with you!” 

Suddenly, I felt a hand strike me across the face. I gasped at the pain that travelled all over my cheek. 

“I said we’re going home!” 

Before I had time to take in what happened, I felt someone grab me from behind and another set of arms holding me. I looked up and saw Harry looking down at me with fear and worry in his eyes.

“Don’t you ever f*cking touch her again!” 

Niall. 

As tears started forming in my eyes, I heard the sound of a fist coming into contact with someone’s jaw. I looked up and saw Niall on top of James about to take another swing at him.

I pulled myself out of Harry’s arms and ran to Niall, grabbing his arm just before it came down to hit James again.

“Stop, Niall! Please, don’t!” I cried. He looked back at me with surprised eyes but it was also filled with anger.

“Isla,” he said, “he hit you.”

“I know,” I said, “but please don’t do something that you’re going to regret.” I gave him a pleading look.

After a few seconds, Niall got off of James and stood up. By now, every one was watching us with Harry, Liam, Louis and Zayn close behind us.

“You better think twice before you decide to lay another finger on her,” Niall spat, “or I won’t hesitate to beat the crap out of you no matter what Isla says.” 

I ignored Niall’s comment and watched as James slowly got up, cupping his jaw and moving it around. 

Acting like nothing happened he looked at me with. “Don’t make me say it again, Isla. We’re going home.” 

“Who the hell is this, Isla?” Niall said from beside me.

I tensed up as I stared at James, not wanting to look at Niall. 

“He’s…he’s my…” I stuttered. 

“I’m her boyfriend,” James said smugly. I saw Niall tense up beside me. 

“Isla?” he questioned me. 

I put my head down. My breathing quickened. 

What did they think of me now? I don’t think I can handle knowing that they think of this situation. They probably thought I was the stupidest person in the world. Probably wondering how I got myself into this mess. 

I didn’t want to tell anyone what happened but I knew that I had to. I had to let everyone know that anguish and torture I’ve experience since being with James. And now was the time to. 

“James is my boyfriend,” I finally said. I looked up at Niall and saw hurt all over his face. The next words that were now on the tip of my tongue were the hardest words that I’ve ever had the say but they were the words that I needed to.

It felt like someone had taken control of my body. I found myself bringing the back of my hand up to my face and rubbing the makeup off of my bruised eye. 

“But James has been abusing me.” 

I heard multiple gasps from around the room. I felt myself breaking down. I felt myself shaking. 

“Why, you little--.”

James was coming after me again but before I had time to defend myself, Niall and Liam rushed up and pushed James again the wall. 

“Don’t hit him!” I shouted. Niall immediately lowered his fist. 

I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I let the tears fall down my face. I don’t know what made those words come out of my mouth. I should be ordering them to cause James the pain that he’s caused me. He deserved it. But violence wasn’t the answer. 

Not one second later, I felt someone’s arms wrap around me. I looked up and saw Harry holding me again with Zayn and Louis standing to our side protectively.

“Explain yourself, James,” Louis said with disgust in his voice. 

James just smirked, keeping his eyes on me as Niall and Liam held him against the wall.

“Well, you see, I was minding my own business when I saw someone - our precious Isla, to be exact  - standing on the train tracks ready to end her pitiful life.” 

I saw five pairs of eyes look at me and I suddenly felt insecure. 

“Is…is that true, Isla?” Harry said. I could feel my heart beating against my chest. I couldn’t seem to make words come out of my mouth. How could I explain to them what the darkness had made me do? 

I looked into each of their eyes and saw shock and worry in them causing me to look down, feeling ashamed. 

“It’s true,” James interrupted, “and I tortured myself by listening to her whine about her sad, little life after I saved her. And I’m going to take a wild guess and guess that you…” he pointed to Harry, “and you…” he nodded his head at Niall, “are the two lucky lads that Isla screwed and  - while she was at it - messed with your heads. I don’t know about you guys but I think that falls under ‘slut’ in my dictionary. And you two were too head over heels in love with her to realize how messed up that was.”

I saw Niall and felt Harry tense up. Before I had time to respond to his attack, he began to speak again. 

“But I guess it worked out in my favour because naïve, little Isla started opening herself up to me. She thought I cared about her problems. Little did she know that it was all an act to gain her trust and now I have her wrapped around my finger.” 

It was like someone had run me over. Hearing those words come out of James’ mouth just broke me even more. It was all an act. Sweet James wasn’t real. 

I gained enough courage to finally speak.

“Why, James?” I said shakily. 

“Why? Because I wanted to. After saving your life, I knew that I had power over you. I could make you do everything I please. And you believed every word that I said to you in order to get what I want.” 

“So, it was all an act?” I asked. “You being nice to me was an act? How about today? Was that an act?” 

James rolled his eyes. “Please. I just let you go to the party so I could get rid of you for a few hours while I slept with this girl that I met today.”

I felt Harry tense up and I looked up and saw him looking at James with fury in his eyes. 

It felt time someone was stabbing me in the heart. Tears started flowing on my face again. I was broken beyond repair. Things were getting worse by the second and I didn’t think that I could handle any more pain. 

“So, you never really cared about me?” I said through my tears. 

I heard him scoff. I couldn’t look at him anymore. “How could I care about you? You’re weak. You’re worthless. You’re--”

Harry quickly unwrapped his arms from me and charged at James. He grabbed James by the collar and punched him across his face causing him to fall to the ground. Harry then got on top of him and landed a couple of more strong punches on James’ face as Niall and Liam struggled to pull him off. 

“Don’t you ever say that about Isla!” Harry yelled in between punches.

I was now sobbing in Louis’ arms. I was finally breaking down. James was right. I’m weak. I’m worthless. I was a slut. I never realized how much I’ve messed up Harry and Niall’s lives. And, of course, it took James to help me realize that. How could I do that to them?

I felt the world crashing down on me. It felt like every ounce of pain I’ve felt my entire life was now coming together filling every inch of my body. I didn’t even have to strength to stop Harry from hurting James even more.

I looked at James’ now bloody face and I could see his eyes rolling to the back of his head as Harry kept pummeling him. Zayn quickly joined Niall and Liam and with all of their strength combined, they were finally able to pull Harry off of James. 

“Harry, stop,” Liam said frantically. “You’re going to kill him.” 

Realization struck Harry as he took in James’ bloody face. James was now coughing, rolling to his side in order to breath through the blood. Harry then looked at me with guilt but I just looked away and buried my face into Louis’ chest and closed my eyes.

I didn’t know how to react to what Harry just did. Of course I wasn’t angry with him but I also wasn’t happy.

I moved those thoughts to the back of my mind. I felt drained and had no more strength inside of me to think about anything. I just sniffled, feeling Louis rubbed my back soothingly. And suddenly, I felt more hands rubbing my back and shoulders, no strength left in me to see who they were. 

Words were now being distorted. I shut off the world around me. However, I felt someone carry me in their arms and they started walking. Before I knew it, I felt them lowering me to a bed. My eyes were still closed as I felt someone brush my hair away from my face and then giving me a soft kiss on my forehead.

I wanted to open my eyes to see who it was but I felt myself getting more and more tired by the second and soon, sleep had taken over me.

******************************

AHHHHH TOO MANY EMOTIONS I COULD HANDLE IN THIS CHAPTER!!! 

Please let me know what you guys think! I honestly spent an extra hour just editing and adding more things to this chapter to make it the best I could. So please let me know what you think.

What do you think's going to happen next? What's going to happen to James? Will Isla want to come home?

AHHH so many questions!

Please vote and comment :) 

My kik is livelaughlove47 , if any of you want to talk to me, I really love talking to you guys!

And follow me on Twittah! @sheeriostyles

Anyways, please please please comment and fan!

Love you guys so so so much! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.5K 528 29
Harry can’t believe himself. Since he introduced this girl, Eleanor, to his best friend Louis he is jealous about what he tells about her. He wants t...
122K 2.9K 19
Niall's absolutly in love with his best friend, and so he decided to make a book only for Liam. But there is a problem. Harry and Louis found it and...
372 3 18
The story between Louis Tomlinson and Kathy Lennox continues. Just when they think they can finally settle down happily there comes a new but old com...
413 32 12
They say if you love something, let it go and if it comes back its yours. What if when it comes back it isn't what you expected? Friendships reunite...