Meant To Be? *Janoskians Fan...

By rubyhannah

Ruby and Luke are finally a couple. Together, they have experienced both the best and worst in life and alway... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Author's Note
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Four

23.6K 464 161
By rubyhannah

wowowoww get ready for some drama llama! Thanks for your patience <3

60 votes for Chapter 5!!

http://ask.fm/rubyhannah

---------------------------------------------------------

I woke up freezing cold and uncomfortable on the couch. I could hear Luke in the kitchen downstairs but didn't want to face him. As much as I was dreading it, I knew that I had to make things right between us. I wrapped my duvet around me almost like a superman cape and walked downstairs, my hair was like a birds nest. I approached the kitchen and stood on the opposite side of our island bench, Luke's back was to me as he was pouring himself a drink.

"Morning," I said. Luke turned around.

"Hey," he spoke awkwardly. The tension in the room was unbearable. I didn't know what to say. I sat down on one of the bar stools and thought.

"Want a drink?" Luke asked.

"I'm fine."

Luke sighed and put his cup down. He walked over to where I was and hugged me close, rocking me as we held each other.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered sadly.

"So am I" I replied, determined not to break in front of Luke like I did last night.

"You did nothing wrong love, it was me." he tried to convince me, but I knew I was in the wrong too.

"I shouldn't have yelled or critisised you like that; I just get so worried about you Luke. I want you to be happy."

"I am happy Ruby." he said cupping my face in both his hands. "I'm happy with you." he assured me. I cracked an involuntary smile and brought Luke closer again, hugging him tightly. 

"Truth is Rubes, I have'nt been feeling the best lately. In fact I've been feeling like shit, everythings been getting me down and I don't want to rub it off on you or make our relationship a misery." he admitted.

"That's what I'm here for silly boy." I said taking his hands. "Your problems are my problems and I want nothing more than for you to be honest with me. You don't have to tell me everything if you don't want to, but you have to know that you can trust me."

"Of course I do. You mean the absolute world to me" Luke said getting teary. I softly raked my fingers through his hair and tenderly kissed his lips. "I don't want us to fall apart." he whispered.

"We'll be alright," I assured him as I closed my eyes and wound my arms around his body. Although Luke didn't say anything, the way he held me made me belive he agreed.

---------------------- 3 MONTHS LATER ----------------------------

"HURRY UP RUBY WE HAVE TO BE AT MUM'S IN 10 MINUTES" Luke called from downstairs. I quickly grabbed a scarf and raced downstairs as I put it on.

"This okay?" I asked Luke, worn out and in need of a mirror.

"You look beautiful," He spoke. I smiled and pecked his lips before running to the kitchen to get my bag.

"Alright!" I said taking a moment to breathe and collect myself.

"Let's go!" Luke instructed, grabbing my hand and leading me towards the door in an attempt to hurry me up. I locked the door behind us and threw Luke the car keys. 

Gina had invited Luke and I for dinner. We hadn't had a big catch up in a while especially with work being in the way all the time. I was excited, it would be just like old times- Luke and I living with Gina and the boys and their hilarious but sometimes irritating personalities that I missed. 

We arrived on time, just as Gina had specifically asked, and went inside. 

"We're here!" I called as we walked in the door.

"WOOOOO" I heard Beau coming from the other room. I attempted to save myself and slip out of the room but it was too late. I was engulfed in a suffocating hug. "RUBY,"

"Hey Beau!" I giggled as I finally escaped. As Luke and Beau greeted each other in a way that some breed of wild animals would, I went into the kitchen to say hello to Gina and Jai.

"Hii!" I chimed. They both turned around from the bench and their faces lit up.

"Hi you!" Gina exclaimed. "It feels like it's been forever!" she said as she hugged me. Jai took Ginas place as he hugged me closely. I hadn't seen him in over a month.

"It's been ages Jai!" I exclaimed.

"I know!"

"A month is far too long! Never again!" I joked, although Jai's face dropped and his head just nodded. He walked over to Gina and whispered something that I couldn't unserstand, but by the look on Gina's face- I didn't think I really wanted to.

Everything went downhill from there on.

"Are you joking me Jai?!" Gina hissed. I didn't want to interupt, so I instead went into the loungeroom where Beau and Luke were hanging out.

"So what's been happening?" I asked as I sat next to Beau. Beau looked just as grumpy as Gina had and I instantly felt uncomfortable. The complete opposite to the way he was before which made me come to the conclusion that Luke had said something to upset him. I looked over at Luke who was shooting the evils directly at his brother.

"Absolutely nothing Rubes, Luke would've told you if anything important was going on. Right Luke?" he said sarcastically. Luke got up angrily and left the room.

"What was tha-" I started but was cut off by Gina calling for dinner. Beau got up and walked faster than I'd ever seen him move to the kitchen table. It was only a natural instinct to feel a bit scared, annoyed but most of all angry. Not only was Luke acting secretive for all these months, but now Beau and Jai? I sat down across from Jai while Gina sat next to me and Luke and Beau at either end of the table. All was silent except the scraping of cutlery.

"Is everything okay?" I cautiously asked. Luke's expression softened as he looked at me as though he was talking to a child.

"Everything's fine babe." he said calmly.

"Perfect." Beau muttered under his breath.

"Boys, don't start." Gina begged.

"It's not my fault your son -"

"BEAU! Quiet." Gina inforced before Beau could finish his sentence. "We are trying to have a nice family dinner and you are ruining it." 

I looked at the glare that laid set between Luke and Beau and was suddenly put off what was supposed to be a fun occasion. I stood up and moved slowly.

"Excuse me," I said pretending to go to the bathroom. Gina half smiled at me, trying to patch up the awkwardness. I got to the bathroom and locked myself in, sitting on the edge of the bath and taking deep breaths. Something wasn't right. I could hear a lot of bickering from the dining room, mainly coming from Beau.

"What the hell are you thinking Luke?! It's been four months!" Beau boomed. Quietly, I unlocked the door and crept down the hallway in hope of hearing more clues.

"Listen Luke. If you don't tell her tonight, I'm telling her and that's final." Gina said with a cold tone.

"Tell me what?" I found myself saying unintentionally, standing fully exposed in the dining room to four sets of eyes. Each of their eyebrows rose before their heads turned to Luke. Luke threw his knife and fork down and stood up fiercely.

"Thankou all so so much." he said fakely before walking over to me and grabbing my hand. "Let's go home love." he ordered. I didn't dare argue. I got my stuff and quickly said thankyou and goodbye, trying to hide my fear. I went outside to find Luke waiting in the car, engine started and lights on, ready to go. I got in without a word being spoken. The way it stayed the whole ride home. Luke's hands stayed grasped tightly to the wheel, his knuckles turning white. I didn't know whether to comfort him or leave him be. Once again, there was tension between Luke and I which made me cringe like never before. Finally we got home.

Luke got out of the car angrily and took my hand as I got out of the passenger's side. He unlocked the front door and led me inside, sitting me down on the couch. Luke sat down next to me and took a deep breath. For the first time this evening, I saw Luke smile softly.

"May I kiss you?" he asked. As I nodded, Luke's lips fell softly but passionately onto mine as we moved in sync. Like every other time we kissed, I felt the connection. I truly did love Luke.

"Why did you ask for my permission?" I asked extremely confused but unable to stop myself from smiling slightly.

"Because you may not ever want to once I tell you this." he said. My smile disappeared as quickly as it came. 

"Ruby, I'm not sure how to say this. I got- The boys and I," he groaned in frustration and buried his head in his hands.

"Please just tell me! Spit it out!" I almost screamed. I couldn't take it any longer. Luke looked at me with sorrowful eyes.

"I'm moving to L.A. With the boys. In two weeks." Luke said quietly. I didn't know how I would respond.

"Luke," I struggled with tears of happiness for my boyfriend but also sadness. I would hardly see him.  

I found myself hugging him tightly. "That is amazing! Two weeks isn't long at all! My god, Congratulations!"

"You're not mad? Upset?"

"Of course I'm upset you're leaving but we will still see each other at times! We can skype, text, tweet- I'm really excited for you." I exclaimed. "We are going to show everyone how a long-distance relationship is done." I giggled. Luke just looked at me.

"That's the thing." Oh god.

"What's the thing?" I worried.

"I don't think the whole long distance thing is going to work."

"Luke. It's us, We can make anything work."

"Not this Rubes." he said, his eyes welling up with tears.

"So you're not even going to try?" I said, finding it hard to comprehend let alone breathe properly.  

Luke shook his head. 

"You're giving up on us."

"I'm not giving up, I-"

"How long have you known about this?" I cried. Luke's head hung in shame.

"How long?" I said through gritted teeth.

"Four months." Luke told me. It felt like a dagger had just stabbed my heart then ripped back out again.

"You have planned to break up with me for four months." I said almost through sobs.

"I never meant to hurt you like this Ruby. I waited to avoid that, but I'm stupid,"

"Yeah, you really are aren't you." I yelled. "Beau told Kaitlyn three months ago Luke!"

"I'm sorry."

"So I've just been the laughing stock for three months? Everyone knew except for me?"

"I said I'm sorry Ruby." Luke said painfully. Makeup ran down my face as I stood up.

"Your sorrys don't mean anything Luke. Three years we have been together and you expect to just end it like that? I have supported you through everything, I never gave up on you- I trusted you about everything and then you go and pull this." I had to stop myself from screaming.

"Do you think I planned this?! The four boys are going, I have to go. It's a group thing."

"I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE MOVING." I yelled, completely losing it. "I care that you have been keeping this from me for four whole months." the thought tortured me as much as the sight of my now ex-boyriend in front of me.

"YOU DON'T CARE IF I'M MOVING?!" Luke yelled back, trying to turn the blame around onto me. I shook my head and felt another set of tears roll down my cheeks.  

"WELL I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU. I DON'T CARE ABOUT US." Luke boomed, all of the anger building up finally being exploded out. He had hurt me like never before. Noticing that we were at seperate ends of the room now, I walked closer towards him.

"You don't care about all of our late night conversations? Our 'chinese and movie' nights? How I spent every single night by your hospital bed until you could come home?" I spoke softly now. Luke shook his head as tears spilt down his face. 

"You don't care that I carried our child for three months?" I spoke in almost a whisper. Luke flinched at the still sensitive topic that only we knew about. I waited for an explanation or nod.

"No." Luke gulped. That was the last straw. We had both taken it too far. I pushed Luke in the chest, making him stumble back.

"We are over alright. You absolute jerk." I said grabbing my keys and wiping my eyes.

"Ruby, please I didn't mean that. I really didn't mean what I said about Louis, of course I care." Luke pleaded after me grabbing my wrist as I walked towards the door. It was all white noise to me.

"I hate you." I said coldly. I ripped out of his grasp and slammed the door behind me. I can't believe I just said that. A part of me wanted to rush back inside and erase what had just come out of my mouth, but another part of me was still raging at Luke. I got in the car and started it up. I couldn't go to Gina nor Kaity. I wasn't in the mood for anyone. Instead I drove to the nearest motel. Tears blinded my vision as what had just happened really settled in. 

That night, instead of laying next to my boyfriend in my new and beautiful house, I found myself in a shabby room; cold, uncomfortable and alone. Nightmares filled my mind and sleep wasn't an option. I couldn't digest the reality of it all. I had lost the best thing in my life, my other half. 

I had lost Luke.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 23.5K 50
Reagan has been part of this Janoskains family since she moved to Australia since she was 6. She grew up with Luke and Jai as her best friends and co...
614K 12.1K 56
"And as I started into his eyes, I finally understood the meaning of love..." Her name is Chrissy Clark. After a drastic move from Manchester to Melb...
24.8K 901 17
Luke has been keeping his feelings for his twin brother a secret out of fear for what others will think, but one drunken night at the Janoskian house...
2.2K 27 25
Natalie Carter is best friends with the janoskians' thats right, jai brooks, Beau brooks, Luke Brooks, Skip Sahyounie and of course James Yummouni. N...