Silent Wolf

By smurfyphantom06

{{ 1 of 3 Mates Pull Sequels }} With their wolves now lying dormant deep within them. Both Elise and Vance fi... More

Authors Note
Waking up
Riding In Cars
Hospital
Lock Down
Orders
Home (part one)
Sunshine
Truths
Drinks on the Beach
Calls pt 1
Actions
Calls pt 2
Home (part two)
Talking
Confusion & Half Truths
Promise
Pack House
Texting
Babysitting
Unexpected Pt 1
Unexpected Pt 2
The Lake
Scolding
Roadtrip
Relaxation
Revalation
Snapping
Adulting
Keep Your Secret
Next Step
Permission
Now or Never
Leaving the Nest pt. 1
Leaving the Nest pt. 2
Planning for the Unplanned
Saying Goodbye
The Final Countdown
Awoken
Together
Rejected

Worries

15.5K 753 14
By smurfyphantom06

For the next couple of days I was determined to figure out what happened to Mariah and her mother.

They couldn't have just vanished without so much as a goodbye to somebody.

We had called Dad and Brax over and even though they both heard us out Dad spoke against us looking further into it.

"My loves...If they wanted people to know anything I'm sure they would've mentioned something to someone on their way out of town." Dad offered as gently as he could.

"But Joan's Van Buren's car is still there, and they're still getting mail there." Mom put in, her own concern etched in her worried brow. "Rich, these aren't just neighbors but It's Mariah and Joan, we've known the both of them since the girls became friends."

He sighed while my cousin comfortably took a seat on the sofa across from me.

"Come on Brax...you met Mariah, I know you don't know her well but you know she's mine and Harpers friend." I offered.

"Ellie, I don't know what to say...I mean I'll ask around but I can't promise anything nor will I get anymore involved, she isn't part of my pack therefore she isn't my concern."

His words felt harsh to me but I know he was speaking the truth.

"What if she were part of the pack Brax?"

"She's a human Ellie, you can't just go around allowing humans into the pack." He said a little humored, "it just doesn't work that way."

"You'd show more of an interest if she was someone's mate."

He nodded in agreement, "that would be something worth discussing, but to my knowledge Mariah is NOT anyone in my pack's mate."

I remained silent, I knew I couldn't tell him she is someone's mate...his own cousins mate no less...and we both knew the subject had been dropped.

"How's my boy doing?"

I wanted to be upset that he'd all but disregarded my concern for Mariah and Joan, but I couldn't help but smile at the mention of my mate, "he gets out tomorrow...he's thrilled to finally be able to come home, not so excited that he'll be in a wheelchair for a while, but baby steps."

"Just make sure he doesn't over work himself."

"Hey Brax can I ask you something." I asked a little worried.

"Anything kiddo."

I gave him a sad sort of smile. "Well it's just, I've been wondering...now that Vance and I don't have our wolves anymore, how's that gonna work with us and being a part of the pack?"

He sighed heavily as he looked at my parents...I'm guessing they must've all had this conversation while I was unconscious.

"It's just, without our wolves we're vulnerable and much weaker than we were, we can't exactly contribute like we use to, will Vance have to be replaced as an Elite member?"

"Ellie...calm down okay." He sounded softly. "Everything will remain exactly the same, you are both extremely valuable members of my pack and I will still need the both of you just as much as I did before...no one is replacing either of you and don't ever let me hear you say my little cousin is weak."

I smiled, "thanks Brax."

"Anytime...is there anything else I can help you with before I take off?"

I was just about to say 'no' but then actually thought of something he could help me with. "Could you give me Patrick's number... shocking, I know...but whatever, It's just, I don't think I even told him thank you."

He pulled out his phone and I did the same before I entered the number he had given me. Afterward He gave me a big hug and left me all alone once again.

When I was certain that both of my parents were busy doing anything but focusing on me I snuck off outside and went to sit in the back yard. The light breeze felt nice, but before I could enjoy it any longer I remembered why I had gone outside in the first place.

I pulled out my phone and easily found the newly added number.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it Elise." I said.

He sighed, "how did you even get my number?"

"Our cousin." I smiled.

"I'm going to assume there is a reason you have succumb to stalking me."

I rolled my eyes but bit my tongue as a sharp retort had filed my head. "I went by Mariah's house."

"And?"

"No one was there." I said.

"Ellie, I told you she left!" He growled.

I shook my head, "no you idiot, when I say no one was there I really mean no one, like she and her mom are both gone, thing is Her mom's car is still in the driveway and the mail is still coming addressed to them."

"You think something up?" He asked, I could hear the smallest hint of worry in his words.

"I can feel it...somethings not right Pat."

"Did you say anything to Brax?" He questioned me.

"Only that I hadn't seen Mariah around...nothing too out of the ordinary there as we ARE friends and it's a little odd that she hasn't exactly stopped by to make sure I'm alright."

"Well if I know him, he isn't going to do much." He said.

"He isn't," I confessed. "Said since she isn't part of the pack she isn't his problem."

Patrick remained silent.

"I need to know that she's okay Patrick."

"Yeah," He sighed heavily. "Dammit, I promised I'd washed my hands of this."

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Nothing." He replied.

I knew he was lying, something was up between the two of them too and I knew he wouldn't tell me.

"Pat can I be real with you?" I asked, I was actually kind of scared now.

He sighed once again, "Yeah."

"I'm starting to get the feeling that Mariah didn't want to leave but had to...like she didn't have choice, the biggest question mark is, why?"

"...I'll admit I'm starting to get the same vibe as you, but what can I do?" He asked. "If I start snooping around it'll look suspicious."

He was right.

"Braxton said he'd ask around about her, if I hear anything I'll let you know."

Once again he sighed heavily in a frustrated fashion. "I told you already...yeah I'm concerned, trust me on that... But Ellie, I just need to know she's safe... anything other than that is none of my business."

I knew he was only being stubborn but I didn't press further. We hung up shortly after and I hoped that Braxton would find something out soon.

I hung up and not a moment too soon as my father had walked outside.

"Are you alright Ellie?" He asked as he took a seat

"I just want to know that Ry is okay...We'd had a falling out but the night she and Pat found me...I don't know, it's like all the BS got brushed to the side and I could only see my best friend...and now she's suddenly gone, Dad... she'd seen and heard everything...me telling Patrick I couldn't feel my wolf, she heard about mind linking, and shifting...and now she's gone."

He put his hands on his knees and shook his head, his eyes closed in frustration, "Shit."

My dad rarely cusses so I knew this was serious.

"We'll have to tell your cousin..."

"Do you think she left because of me?" I asked worried now.

He looked at me and shook his head, "Elise I do not know...but the fact of the matter is Mariah is a human wandering around with the knowledge of our kind...information that could be detrimental to all of us."

I understood, now...we were all raised that you do not tell humans about Werewolves unless they are your mates...Mariah is someone's mate, but she isn't with him, and because her loyalty isn't to her mate, she could do whatever she wanted with everything she's seen and heard.

"Speaking of... your cousin asked me to report to you that it seems as if no one has seen Mariah or her mother around town, do you know where they might have disappeared to or why for that matter."

I shook my head, "I don't know why they'd just suddenly up and leave, but I know she has a brother in California."

He nodded and that was the end of that as I knew he was about to go and call Brax and give him this new information.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

340 19 19
Rosalie's new in town. Has a troubled past... there may still be people that are on the watch for her. Rosalie's never really thought about a mate...
1.7M 38.4K 43
This needs a lot of work... Feel free to read though |Third Book| Ayla Harding doesn't do anything without a solid plan. She keeps her head down and...
168K 8.9K 61
**This is a SEQUEL you need to read Feral first** Wolves. They're family oriented creatures and werewolves are no different. Returning home after be...
620K 29.6K 43
{{ 1 of 3 Mates Pull sequels }} After the death of her mother Mariah thought her life was officially over, she and her brother moved back to their mo...