My Broken, Mute Mate (SAMPLE)...

By ChicagoDreams

Highest Rank: #3 in werewolf THE LAST 15 CHAPTERS WILL BE TAKEN DOWN FEB. 1, 2019 DUE TO THIS BOOK BEING PUBL... More

My Broken, Mute Mate
IMPORTANT: READ RIGHT NOW!
Chapter One: MINE! (EDITED)
Chapter Two:Running With My Mate (EDITED)
Chapter Three:The Kiss (EDITED)
Chapter Four:Secrets (EDITED)
Chapter Five:The Human World (EDITED)
Chapter Six:Killer (EDITED)
Chapter Seven:The Slap (EDITED)
Chapter Eight:Chocolate Cake (EDITED)
Chapter Nine:Exploding Chocolate Bags and Mates (EDITED)
Chapter Ten:Brothers (EDITED)
Chapter Eleven:Her Voice (EDITED)
Chapter Twelve:Surprise? (EDITED)
Chapter Thirteen:My Luna's Ceremony (EDITED)
Chapter Fourteen:Secrets and Screams (EDITED)
Chapter Fifteen:Roxie (EDITED)
Chapter Sixteen:The Blood Moon Pt. 1 (EDITED)
Chapter Seventeen:The Blood Moon Pt. 2 (EDITED)
Chapter Seventeen:Pre-Heat (EDITED)
Chapter Eighteen:A Blast From the Past (EDITED)
Chapter Nineteen:Brother? (EDITED)
Chapter Twenty:Looking With Fresh Eyes (EDITED)
GOOD NEWS!: Not An Update Sorry
Chapter Twenty-One: The Test (EDITED)
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Test Day I (EDITED)
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Test Day II Later (EDITED)
Chapter Twenty-Five: The Test Week III (EDITED)
Chapter Twenty- Six: The Test Month III (EDITED)
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Test Month V (EDITED)
Chapter Twenty-Eight:Nightmares (EDITED)
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Heat (EDITED)
IMPORTANT: READ NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE
Chapter Thirty: Breakfast and Cookie Monsters (EDITED)
Chapter Thirty-One: Sickness (EDITED)
Chapter Thirty-Two: Mood Swings and Mysteries (EDITED)
Chapter Thirty-three: The Beauty Behind the Madness (EDITED)
Chapter Thirty-Four: What Do We Do Now? (EDITED)
Thank Yous
IMPORTANT
Update #1
PLOT TWIST: MOST IMPORTANT UPDATE EVER
Just For You
I never expected this!
Free Goodies For the Dreamers!!
I want you in my book!
Get this book for free (limited time only!)
Party!
Last day to get the free book!
In 3, 2, 1
Ready, Set, Launch!
We're Live!
The Audiobook Is Here!

Chapter Twenty-Three: The Test Day II (EDITED)

125K 5K 670
By ChicagoDreams

Shane's POV

Something was wrong. Ariel hasn't texted or mind-linked me and that's not like her at all. I tried calling her for the tenth time, but it went straight to voicemail.

I growled in frustration as I threw my phone across the room, causing it to shatter into bits as it came into contact with the wall. Worry clouded my brain as I ran out of the guest room where I'd been staying and straight out to the car I'd used to get there.

I'm sorry to leave on such short notice, but my mate needs me, I linked Alpha Clayton, the alpha of the pack I was in, before I fished the keys out of my pocket and jamming it into the ignition before speeding off to my pack, which was about forty-five minutes to an hour away.

Don't worry Ariel, I'm coming.

****
As soon as I made it to my territory, I ran straight into the house and I immediately knew that something was off.

I didn't hear any T.V.s on or the sounds of pots and pans or any of the other sounds I usually heard when I came back from a meeting. But that wasn't the thing that scared me. It was the fact that Ariel's scent was gone. "Ariel!" I yelled as I ran around the house, trying desperately to find whatever part of Ariel I could, but I came up dry.

I finally ended up in the kitchen, tears threatening to escape. I looked around and saw that she'd been making something: a chocolate cake. I walked over to the oven, which was still on and turned it off. I was about ready to call a pack meeting when something caught my eye. The smear of chocolate icing on the ground, showing that there had been some kind of struggle and something else....a note, but it wasn't written in Ariel's handwriting.

It had no trace of a scent on it, but there were four words on it. Four words that turned my world upside down- The Test Has Begun.
******

Ariel's POV

I woke up to ice cold water being splashed into my face. I gasped as I shot up, confusion and shock rushing through my system, but once I saw my surroundings, it all came back to me. The kidnapping, him, everything.

"Oh good, you're awake." Tracey's voice said, causing me to growl, but since I'd forgotten that my wolf was gone, it came out of more of a weird coughing sound.

She laughed before her features became serious. "You may be the mate of one of the strongest alphas in the world, but here, you're nothing. And not even your Big Bad Wolf can save you now, doubt he'd want to anyway. I mean who would want a weak tramp like you?" she scoffed.

"What do you want with me?" I asked in a low voice, struggling to keep my voice steady as fear and worry bubbled in my chest.

"Oh, I personally don't want anything with you," she said, pacing in front of my cage. "It's all Morgan, I just tag along and get the pleasure of seeing you whither away and die." She gave me an innocent smile, causing my blood to boil.

She was close enough that I could've ripped her throat out. If only I still had my wolf.....

If only I still had Shane.

"Get up," a new voice, Morgan's voice growled.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Why should I do what you say? You're not my alpha."

"Get up now!" He roared, causing the other inmates to whimper in fear, but not me. I couldn't let him see my fear. He thrives on fear and I couldn't let him get the best of me.

I rolled my eyes before I crossed my arms over my chest and folded my legs like a child, refusing to do as he said. "You dare disrespect me?" Morgan growled as he opened the door and walked in, Tracey closing it behind him. There goes that plan.

I sighed. "Morgan, what do you want with me?" I asked in a bored tone hoping that if I'm annoying enough, he'll see that I'm not worth it and let me go. But he could also see that I'm too difficult and decide to torture me or worse..... I mentally shook my head. I couldn't think about that. Not now.

"I want you so I can get to Shane," he said. "Without his mate, he'll crumble and fall apart, leaving him and his pack vulnerable. Then I can take him down along with his pathetic pack and once everyone sees that I took down the strongest alpha, they'll respect me and I'll become the strongest. And, you'll be my trophy." He said, caressing my cheek with his thumb, causing a disgusted shiver to run through my body as I pulled away.

"Definitely not," I said in a low voice. "I'm not going to be your stupid little trophy, Morgan." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"That's Alpha Morgan to you," Tracey snickered.

"Quiet!" Morgan yelled, causing Tracey to whimper as she looked down. "Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. You've become very talkative since the last time I saw you," he said shaking his head. "I'm going to have to fix that."

He took something out of his pocket. I couldn't see it due to the darkness, but when he came closer, I saw a beam of light bounce off the steal. My eyes grew wide as I started scooting away, trying to get as far away from it as possible.

"Morgan get away from me with that," I said as I put my hands around my throat, trying to protect it.

"You don't tell me what to do," he growled as my back hit the wall, causing a gasp to escape my lips. His tall figure towered over mine before he used his free hand to grab me by my neck and slam me back against the wall, and since I didn't have my wolf strength, a lot of bones broke on impact.

"Any last words?" He growled as he lined up the steel blade with my neck.

I tried to keep my face straight as a warm tear rolled down my cheek. "I'm going to kill you," I gritted out. He laughed as his eyes turned pitch black, matching his soul.

Suddenly, I felt the cold blade slice through my skin on my neck. "Sha-" I screamed, but it was too late. He dropped me to the ground and my hands immediately went to my neck, but they immediately filled with sticky and warm blood.

I choked on the blood that was replacing the air that tried getting to my lungs. Tears streamed down my face as Morgan walked away laughing. He'd taken the only strength I'd had left.

My voice.

I quickly took off my still wet shirt and held it to my neck to try to stop the bleeding but it too quickly filled with blood.

I felt my body begin to shut down-possibly for good- as I became dizzy and the oxygen had been cut off. I fell over, my body hitting the cold dirt with warm liquid pooling around me.

This is it. I thought to myself as blood gathered in my mouth. It's time to let go. I love you Shane and I always will.

Then everything went black.

******
Hey guys! Please don't hate me for this chapter because I already have everything planned out. Also, I am aware that I accidentally published this chapter three times and took it down again and the reason being that the controls on the mobile version of wattpad had changed and where the 'save draft' button used to be there is a 'publish' button and I accidentally kept pressing the publish button....oops😅

Anyway, I'll try to clear the water in the next chapter (which will hopefully be up soon)

Love y'all- Jordan🦄

EDITED JULY 12, 2016

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.9K 3.9K 21
New Sexy Cover by Onesee!! #THE PEACEMAKER The Alpha follows an irresistible scent that leads him to his beautiful mate, bathing in a pond under t...
2.7M 75K 73
Family problems were something Sasha had become accustomed to. An Alpha werewolf mate was something she was definitely not accustomed to. Sasha is a...
4.8K 270 23
Arabella Rose, 22, is a rogue panther shifter, the last of her kind. Hunters have killed off her family (that she knows of) leaving her to be a rogue...
14K 1.8K 63
Five hundred years ago, the Moon Goddess created the werewolves, as many other Gods had also created a race of their own. She gave them a gift...a fa...