An Arranged Pregnancy with a...

By SnazzyReader

(Sequel to An Arranged Marriage to a Jerk) Allison and Connor are back, and they've been married for nearly a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 18

66.7K 863 111
By SnazzyReader

Chapter 18: Confrontations: Who Needs 'Em, Anyways??

"Wow, Mrs. Allison Danielson, the world's most elusive criminal. This proves the holes in today's law system: all these criminals walk free because of good lawyers!" Allison laughed and punhced Mark in the arm. He cried out and jumped backwards out of the car. "Jeez, take it easy!"  

Allison smiled and then gave him a stern glare. "Don't you forget that I'm a hardened criminal now!! A criminal on the loose, even! So you'd better watch out, because..." Allison glanced at Mark's apartment. "I know where you live." 

Mark gave a high pitched scream and ran inside while Allison laughed and drove away. Ever since she had told everyone that she won her court case, they've all been making fun of her lawyer-family upbringing, of her being "on the run from the law" and, of course, of her stalker, Broderick. Which, to be honest, Allison half expected him to become some psycho stalker. But he had transferred schools and moved. because of one lousy kiss... this guy really took things to the extreme.

Well, at least she wouldn't have to worry about any more crazy people.

Of course, as soon as Allison thought that, she quickly drew in a breath and silenetly cursed herself. How many times had she jinxed herself when she thought her life would finally be normal?! Too many to count. Actually, she realized as she pulled up to her house and saw the car parked in front of it, make that one more.

**

"Go away, Kim." Those were the first words out of Allison's mouth. 

Kim stuck her foot in the door and winced as Allison slammed it. "Please, Allie, just give me a chance to explain."

Allison shook her head and averted her eyes. "Don't call me that."

"Why not! We're best friends!"

Allison sighed, but didn't open the door. "We used to be. Before you tried to kill my child. I don't care how jealous you were, Kim. That was a horrible thing to do." She tried to shut the door again, but Kim put her hand there instead.

"Please! Allison, all I'm asking for is a chance to explain."

Connor appeared beside Allison and she jumped. God, he was quiet when he walked. He was going to give her a heart attack some day! "Hi, Kim!" he said. She took her foot back and stood up straight.

"Hi! I just wanted to-"

"Bye, Kim."

He shut the door and locked it. Allison smiled and wrapped her arms around his waste. They stood in front of the closed door and watched Kim run around the front of the large house to bang on the windows and yell. Allison shut her eyes and buried her face in Connor's sweatshirt.

"What does she want with me? What more can she do?"

Connor shook his head and sighed, watching her bang at the window. "Who knows? I just want to know why it took her almost two months to apologize."

Allison looked up. "You think she's trying to apologize?"

Connor shrugged and glanced down at her. "Maybe. I guess we'll never know, will we?"

Allison bit her lip and watched him walk back to the den. She had a bad feeling that she was about to do something stupid... Yep. She was definitely doing something stupid.

She was unlocking the door. Stop, Allison, stop!!! She was opening the door. Stop it!!! She was watching Kim step inside. STOPPP!!!!

"Thanks," Kim says after an awkward moment of silence. She shut the door and heard Connor jump up from the den. He stood in the doorway and shook his head at Allison. She discretely stuck her tongue out at him and ushered for him to leave. He took the hint and walked back to the room where he kept his piano. Allison rolled her eyes and turned back to Kim.

"Well? I didn't let you in just so you could stand there staring at me. What do you want?" Her words weren't kind.

"Um. Well, I just wanted to say... I'm sorry?"

"Is that a question?" No way was Allison letting him off that easily.

She shook her head. "No. I was just hoping you wouldn't explode at me."

Allison bit back a loud retort and closed her eyes for a moment. "Well, you've said it. Bye."

"Wait!" Kim said, suddenly panicked. "Please!!!" She sighed and looked up at the chandellier. It was dusty again... awesome. Allison would have to clean it again soon. "Okay, guess it's time for my little speech.

"I was jealous, okay? I'm sure Mark the Genius figured that out by now." Allison didn't respond. "I know he didn't come to my wedding on purpose, Allison. I know a lot more than you give me credit for. IN fact, I also know you're a hardened criminal now." She smiled, but Allison still didn't say anything. Instead, she looked hard at the chandelier, willing the dust to come down and suffocate kim. Okay, maybe not suffocate. Maybe just... cause some minimal brain damage? Coma?

"I really, really, really hated him for it. And you still acted like you were fine with it. But I didn't say anything. And then you get pregnant just like that! It has been so hard for me. The doctors said... they said that I cna't. So I guess we're filing for adoption or something... but anyways, I was relaly insanely jealous. And you know how I am. I take everything up to eleven. Starting that food fight began innocently, but when you went under the table, it was just too perfect, you know? But I didn't want to kill your baby. I've tried calling you, but..."

She stopped and tried to meet Allison's eyes, which were still fixed to the chandellier like a fly on clue. "Well, that's it. I said what I wanted to say and now I'm leaving. Bye."

She walked slowly to the door, expecting Allison to catch her in a hug. But nope. No hugs for her. No big reunion full of tears and forgiveness. Allison knew she couldn't trust her. Not anymore. Kim paused at the door, looked back at Allison, and sighed. "Bye," she repeated. Allison heard her shut the door and drive away. She slowly looked down and out the window, to see that shew as really gone. Allison let the tears spill out of her eyes at last and ran to her room. She lay on the bed, sopping and hugging a pillow.

"Kim," she whispered. "I'm sorry, too. I'll miss you so much." 

After about an hour of sobbing, looking at old photo albums, and sobbing some more, Allison decided it was time to end her pity party. She walked around the house, looking for Connnor who was strangely absent during all this. She found him in the music room where she thought he might be. There was Allison's guitar leaning against the wall, the drums they both had failed to learn to play, and Connor with his back to the door, playing on the large grand piano. Allison slowly walked in and heard him singing to himself. Oddly, it was her favorite song. But he couldn't know that, right?

"She's all laid up in bed with a broken heart (how appropriate.)

While I'm drinking Jack alone in my local bar.

And we don't know how.

How we got into this mad situation,

Only doing things outta frustration.

Trying to make it work, but man, these times are hard.

She needs me now, but I can't seem to find the time. 

Got a new job now on the unemployment line.

And we don't know how,

How we got into this mess, is it God's test?

Someone help us cause we're doing our best.

Trying to make it work, but man, these times are hard.

But we're gonna start by-"

Allison walked over and sat beside him. She had her guitar and gently played along. He looked up and Allison continued singing for him.

"Drinking old cheap bottles of wine.

Sit talking up all night.

Saying things we haven't for a while. A while, yeah. Connor smiled and sang along with her.

We're smiling but we're close to tears, 

even after all these years.

We just now got the feeling that we're meeting, 

for the first time.

Connor sang the first verse. She's in line at the door with her head held high.

While I just lost my job,

but didn't lose my pride. But we both know how-

Allison jumped in. How we're gonna make it work when it hurts,

When you pick yourself up you get kicked to the dirt.

Trying to make it work but man, these times are hard!"

They sang the rest of the song together. When it was over, Allison put her guitar down and kissed Connor on his cheek.

"We're gonna be okay?" she asked with her head on his shoulder.

Connor paused and played with her hair. "Yeah. We're gonna be okay."

*****

Hello, readers! So, kinda not that long? But that's okay! I'll do better next time. Oh, FYI, I'm leaving on vacation for a week, but I'll try to update a few times!!!! I hope you enjoyed Allison and Connor's little jam session:) Which leads us to the comment question: Would you guys like a song to listen to while you read that kinda sums up the chapter?? Let me know in the comments below and I might dedicate the next chapter to you!!! I'll miss you guys!

WRITE ON!

<3 SnazzyReader

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

526K 7.9K 32
Rajveer is not in love with Prachi and wants to take revenge from her . He knows she is a virgin and is very peculiar that nobody touches her. Prachi...
2.6M 150K 48
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
4.2M 268K 102
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
4M 168K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...