Chapter 19

Chapter 19: Quality Time... What Is That Again??

"Wake up, sleeping beauty!" Connor's voice rang though Allison's ears. She opened her eyes slowly and bright sunshine nearly blinded her. "Time to get up!"

She groaned and pulled a pillow over her face. "Go away, Mom."

Connor laughed and pulled her into a sitting position. "Come on, we have a big day ahead of us!"

"I don't know if you remember, but I got suspended, and Tuesday's my day off. So I get to sleep in." She tried to lay back down, but Connor's grip was too strong.

"Nope, you don't. We have plans." Allison groaned and Connor's laugh filled her ears again, perking her up. "Today we are spending quality time together."

"I don't even know what that is anymore," Allison grumbled. But she got up anyway and quickly dressed in the clothes Connor had laid out from her. Mark had been right; she already needed some of her fat clothes. 

Allison walked out into the kitchen. Connor was making bacon on the stove and already had scrambled eggs ready on the plate. "Jeez, you're good. I so don't deserve you."

Connor smiled and held out her chair. "I have my flaws. For example, I kind of... sort of..."

Allison glanced up and she caught a whiff of his breath. "You had coffee, didn't you?"

He shrugged guiltily and walked back to the kitchen. "Just a few cups!! i was up all night playing World of Warcraft. That game is strangely addicting. I needed it to perk me up. Now, eat up. We have a big day ahead of us!"

He jumped back to the kitchen and Allison could hear him singing "Thriller." She gulped down her breakfast and let Connor lead her out to the car. "Are you going to tell me where we're going?"

"Nope!" Connor slid into the car and slipped a blindfold over Allison's eyes. She closed her eyes and heard him put in a CD as they backed out of the garage. It was Ke$ha. Allison sighed and remembered when Mark and the girls had kidnapped her with Ke$ha to get her ready for her first date with Connor. It seemed like so long ago. 

And now Connor was using Ke$ha to kidnap her for a date, and they were already married. How ironic.

Allison sang along to "Blow" and she heard Connor mumbling along to the chorus. She smiled and opened her window blindly, letting the breeze blow in her hair. (Blow, get it? That was a pun! Okay, never mind.) 

The drive was kind of long, and they were almost out of songs by the time they reached their destination. Allison switched off the CD and Connor parked the car. She heard him get out and open her door, so she reached a hand out for help. He gripped hers tightly and she smiled. "Where are we?" she asked. In response, Connor leaned down to kiss her hard on the mouth, his lips smashing against hers. She wove her fingers through his hair and he traced circles on her back.

"Are you sure you want to know?" he muttered, pressing his lips to her hair.

"Not anymore," she whispered back. 

He laughed and took her hand, leading her away from the car to an unknown destination. Allison really didn't like not being able to see while she walked, and she tripped a few times. Connor put his hand on the small of her back and led her to a set of doors; he stopped her and reached for her blindfold. "Ready?" he asked as he untied it. 

Allison nodded and gasped when she saw what was in front of her.

"You're joking!"

Connor smiled. "Nope! Isn't it perfect?"