2nd Chance: Book 2 (PJO/HoO F...

By SuzyQ_

(WARNING! THIS IS THE SEQUEL TO MOVING ON!) Everyone is destined for greater things; therefore death can't st... More

Prologue
1. I Think That's TOO Much Power
2. I Have The Worst Mission Ever
3. Stuck In The Past
4. Messing Up BIG TIME
5. First Attack Doesn't Go As Planned
7. Is It 'Let's Reveal Percy's Identity' Day Already?
8. Family Reunions Save My Life
9. Dating My Best Friend? Nah...
10. Man Down!
11. Rachel Elizabeth Dare
12. Let's Play The Identity Game
13. There's A New Guy in Town
14. Questions in The Forest
15. Spies Happen to Reveal Dark Secrets
16. Must Have Some Order in Love
17. Problems Can Wait; Marriage Comes First
18. A Not so Happy "Destroyer of Universes"
19. Please, Don't Hurt Me
20. Locating My Big Brother
21. Avengers? I Think Not
22. OOPS! I Pulled Out The Ring!
23. Is It THAT Deadly?
24. I Talk To Invisible Men, But I'm Not Crazy
25. Galen Is Now Important
26. The Cost of Victory
Epilogue
3rd Book?!

6. Isn't It Fun To Get Tortured?

6.9K 170 25
By SuzyQ_

P E R C Y

I walked in the dining pavilion to see my army waiting patiently. I raised my eyebrow as they continue to look at me expectantly.

"Uh, if we're gonna eat, we need a table." Silena pointed out.

"Oh." I muttered, and waved my hand. A white table formed out of nowhere. My team started sitting down and consuming their food. I sat far away from them as possible. It was completely quite. Why? I don't know. I just continued to poke my food, lost in thought.

Was Tartarus right? Am I gonna turn into a monster? Will this voice leave me? Is there anyone who can save me? I sighed. No one can save me if I keep on pushing everyone away when they try to help. Why am I like this? Why am I in this sad state? Why can't I be normal? There was one person I could trust. I can't tell Leo or Luke because then they'll hate me. So, I have to go to Hermes.

I looked up to see Bianca with a motherly look, "What?"

Everyone burst out laughing. I just sat there, completely confused, "I said," Bianca scowled, "stop poking your food and eat it!"

I swiftly stuffed as much as I could in my mouth and stood up, "Ihhm gotha swe Hwemtes, otha?"

They all smiled, well except for Luke and Beckendorf, "Ok, even though I have no idea what you just said."

I smiled and made a walk through portal. I stepped through it and I stood before Hermes' temple. I hesitantly knocked on the door. I heard a Thump! Boom! Crash! Bang! And a Click! before the door opened.

"Look, I'm having lunch. Can you come in like...30 minutes?" Hermes asked, rubbing his shoulder in pain.

"No. It's urgent." I said in a commanding voice.

"Well then, what do you need?" He asked, annoyed.

"Uh..." I looked around, "Can we go somewhere private?"

"Fine, but watch your step." He said going inside.

I've never been in Hermes' temple. There were traps everywhere. I swiftly and quietly, made my way through. I caught up with Hermes, who was sitting on the couch patiently.

"Why-"

"I don't like intruders. Like Aphrodite." He answered, taking a sip of his drink, "Now please sit....Terás?"

"Just Tes." I said taking a seat, "Do you swear on the River Styx not to tell anyone what I'm gonna tell you?"

"I swear on the River Styx that I won't tell anyone."

"Ok." I said looking around once more before pulling my hood down. Bad idea. Hermes spit his drink at me. Right when it hit me, I realized it was coffee. And it was HOT!

I screamed out, "What the Hades, man?! That's burning hot!" He got up and ran out, coming back later throwing cool water at me. I sighed in relief, but now I'm shivering and cold. Hermes snapped his fingers and I was in warm clothes with a blanket around me, "Thanks."

"Ok. Hold up. You died!" Hermes said, holding up a timeout sign. I sighed. This will take a long time explaining.

...

"So..." Hermes said, "You're NOT dead?" He asked for the one millionth time.

"Does it look like I'm dead?" I asked him, annoyed.

He got up close and poked my cheek, making me roll my eyes, "No..." He finally admitted.

"Ok then." I took a deep breath, "You remember the voice?" He nodded, "Well, I think it's-uh-getting stronger. More evil. I do things that I don't want to do. And um..." I sighed, "I realized that this is Tartarus' way to torture me mentally. If he can't kill me...then I'll kill myself. I'll go insane. I'll turn into a monster. And-and I won't be able to stop myself."

Realization dawned on Hermes as he gave me a comforting hug, "He won't get away with it. We'll make him get it out. I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep, Hermes. Please." I told him. He nodded.

He thought for a moment before saying, "You should tell someone your identity. Maybe a certain Sea God."

I glared at him, "And why would I do that?"

"Percy. Haven't you seen him? Haven't you seen the sea? He's depressed! He could fade any second!" He retorted.

"No! No he won't! He looked pretty fine to me! I'm not revealing my identity to anyone." He raised his eyebrows, so I added, "Anymore."

Hermes shook his head which made me boil with rage, "Well Percy, that's just-"

My watch beeped, "Oh well. We'll talk later. Bye." Hermes opened his mouth to argue, but I already teleported out. My watch beep because it was a signal from my team that the camp is under attack.

I teleported right next to Michael. I looked around to see that the campers were behind my team. Bianca and Michael had their bow drawn and aimed at Kronos' head. Beckendorf was holding a hammer. Silena had her sword out. And Luke. Well Luke was practically shaking with rage. His white wings were spread as if ready to fly at Kronos, and I guess that's fine with me. In Kronos' grasp was Zoë. He had his hand around her neck, choking her. A silly smirk plastered on his ugly face.

"Welcome! You're just in time for the show!" Kronos said.

"Look. Can we do this another time? Cause you interrupted a very important meeting." I asked him, giving Zoë a, 'I know what I'm doing' look.

He smirked, "With Hermes?"

I glared at him. Chaos may be good, but he's not good enough. Gaea, Kronos, AND Tartarus can see through our hoods, "Yes. Now let her go, and nobody gets hurt. Ok?"

He laughed, "No way! Do you think I was born yesterday?"

"Technically, you were. So yes." I answer, face completely poker faced.

He growled at me and Zoë let out a little squeak, "You know, another minute or so and she will die."

I saw Luke shifting beside me, impatient, "You're right, she could. That would be a shame. If only there was something we could do..." I shrugged, and backed up a little. All the campers looked at me like I was crazy, and even my team seemed worried.

He smirked, "Oh of course there is." I grimaced, knowing what was coming next and hating it, even though I wanted him to say it, "You could just take her place."

My team members tensed and glanced at me. Their eyes conflicted and hurt, but knowing that even they couldn't stop me.

I grinned up at Kronos, "Of course! Pal time with just us bros? Who could ever pass up this amazing opportunity?"

Kronos rolled his eyes, but continued to say, "Swear on the River Styx that you'll come peacefully."

"Awe! You don't trust me?" I pouted and crossed my arms. But I remembered Zoë still in Kronos' arms. Her attempts to break free were getting weaker and weaker by the second, so I said, "I swear on the River Styx. Now let her go."

He did exactly that and Zoë fell limp to the ground. The second he let go, I teleported her to us. Luke instantly fell by her side, making sure she was still breathing. There was a dark bruise forming around the spot where Kronos held her.

Zoë's eyes fluttered open and everyone let out a breathe of relief. She tried to say something, but before she could speak, I stopped her, "Don't speak. It's going to make your throat hurt." I placed two fingers on her neck, healing it as much as I could. She took a deep breath, relief flooding her face, "You need water and rest, ok?"

She looked like she wanted to protest, but decided against it. She nodded and leaned heavily on Luke.

Luke then looked up at me, "Don't go." His eyes were pleading, "We can figure something out, Tes, but you can't go back there."

"I have too. I'll be ok. I've survived both emotional and physical torture, Alpha. I don't think it will hurt me. Not really." I said, muttering the last part.

"Come on! Or else-" Kronos called.

"I'm coming. Jeez." I teleported over to him reluctantly, and the second he touched me, Kronos teleported out. I looked around. I was in the same chain, same cell. Same blood, same ugly face looking at me.

"Welcome back, Perseus." Said a voice. I shivered. This voice haunts my dreams and corrupts my heart with evil.

"Tartarus." I said, my voice cracking slightly. I cursed myself for that. I'm higher in power, I can just escape, you may be thinking. But no, I can't. You see, these chains were created by Order himself. They're meant to capture Chaos, and Chaos can't break these. Neither can I. So that means...I'm stuck with Tartarus...in Tartarus.

Tartarus grabbed the nearest knife and stabbed me in the shoulder. It took me by surprise, but I didn't scream or cry. He continued this, but soon realized it wasn't affecting me. He stopped, "Two can play that game." He left the room.

He came back holding a white blade, "This is end stone blade. Second strongest and painful blade ever. After Chaos metal. Let's test it out, shall we?" It was the same blade he used 5 years ago. The same one that he tortured me with the second time I got captured.

My eyes widened. I remember Chaos teaching me about it. He said that once it's in contact with your skin it starts. It rips your soul apart like Kronos' scythe, but a million times more painful. Then, it takes away all your pain, both physical and mental, for a split second before crashing into you all at once. It will make you suffer more pain then anything else you've felt before. It will drain your energy and make it feel like your being stepped on a million elephants.

I was broken out of my thoughts when Tartarus stabbed me in the chest. Almost immediately I felt it work and screamed in agony. I felt my soul breaking and crumble from the blade. Then, I felt a moment of peace. No scars, no pain. But, as expected, it all came back to me like a truck. I screamed as I felt every single wound I had. I felt as if the weight of the sky has yet again been put on my shoulder. I continued to scream as he continued to put more scars on my body.

Then he stopped, "That was fun, don't you think? Once I think you've suffer enough, I'm gonna get the rest of your team. One by One." He walked out the cell laughing like a madman. I was to tired and weak to do anything, but I didn't want to go unconscious. I need to think of a plan, yet that didn't work either. I soon found myself closing my eyes and falling asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

711K 12.8K 47
He was a hero that was loved. He was a boy that had a good heart. But that person is gone. Now he is cold, sad and lonly and it was all their fault...
1M 21K 31
Percy Jackson has been betrayed by everyone he cares about, everyone he loves- even Annabeth, the one person he thought he could always count on. So...
40.2K 954 41
Being cheated by a girlfriend is bad enough. But being cheated by your fiancée? Wow, that's a whole new level. And that was exactly what happened to...
49.4K 405 9
What if Nico had never gotten over Percy? What if he still loved him? What if he was desperate? Well, he is all of the above. With the help of Aphrod...