In Other Words (Niall Fanfic)

נכתב על ידי 1dfix586

Twenty-one year old Niall Horan has been living the life of a popstar since he was sixteen years old. As fort... עוד

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty- Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Author's Note

Chapter Fifty-Eight

2.1K 24 0
נכתב על ידי 1dfix586

Chapter Fifty-Eight 

Niall’s POV

I fumbled for the sheet, my fingers finally gripping the edge and slipping it over us as she lay against my chest with her face pressed to my neck, her thighs still around my hips as she came down from her high.

“You okay, baby?” I smiled, wrapping my arms around her, her heat radiating through the sateen fabric.

“Mmmhmm.” She hummed. “You?”

“Good.” I mumbled, pushing the hair from her forehead and tucking it behind her ear, leaving a few tiny kisses at her temple as she moved beneath the sheet, quickly settling in beside me. Her eyelashes grazed my cheek as I laced my fingers through her hand and laid it atop my chest. “In love.” Is what I wanted to say, but knew I couldn’t manage it without sounding terribly cheesy.

Besides, some things didn’t need to be said.

Sometimes after we made love, she’d hop out of the bed (or wherever we may be) like she’d just had four shots of espresso. Other times, like right now, she’d lay in a limbo of sleepiness, fading in an out before eventually succumbing and passing out cold. Post-sex-sleepy-Roxy was my favorite. She would mumble under her breath in full sentences that I had long since stopped trying to understand. The muscles in her back would twitch, especially if I were to skim my fingertip along the skin there. And she would keep trying to get her body pressed closer to mine, even when there was no space left between us to speak of, the corners of her mouth turning upward ever so slightly as I dusted her with kisses.

“So thirsty.” She whispered clearly, attempting to press upward on her elbows, but quickly slumping back down to the pillows beneath her.

“I bet.” I said back softly, smiling at the very recent memory of looking up at her face as I filled her to the hilt, her back arched, breathy curses leaving her lips every time I hit the spot.

“Where’re you going?” she said, eyelids fluttering as I carefully took back possession of my arm and slipped from beneath the sheet.

“To get you some water.” I said. “Just be a sec. Don’t fall asleep!”  I padded through the corridor and down the stairs, surveying the remains of our housewarming party mess before returning the scene of the crime and scooping my favorite pair of joggers from the kitchen floor,in a heap where Roxy had left them. I slipped them up over my nudity, collected the other clothing items and tucked them under my arm as I retrieved a glass from the cabinet and pressed it against the lever on the door of our massive refrigerator. The cool liquid reached the rim, and I brought it to my lips and downed the whole glass in four glugs, unaware at how parched I was until I began to drink.

“Rox.” I whispered. She didn’t stir, her breathing already falling into a shallow and steady pace, her lips parted only slightly. I placed the glass on the table beside her and turned the switch on the lamp. The sheet clung to her naked curves, and I took a final opportunity to enjoy them before pulling the duvet around her, dotting her lips with a chaste kiss and closing the door behind me as I went to finish the cleaning she had started a couple hours ago.

Roxy’s POV

The steam filled my lungs as I took a few deep breaths, the water running over my skin as I washed away the sweat and the sleep. I didn’t linger in bed this morning, the excitement and nervousness about what I had planned preventing a proper lay-in. I needed to pick up Ryan, spend my life savings, and then get to the other side of town for my lunch date. The door clicked open as I glided the washcloth over my stomach.

“Yo.” He said.

“Yo?” I laughed, looking through the fogged-over glass to see him fully dressed, but not in his usual jeans and t shirt ensemble. “You look nice.” I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach that my plans for the day were already going to be fucked.

“Going with Bobby for a bit of brunch and to work on my swing at the driving range.” He said. “Just came to say goodbye.”

Shit. I needed the car. “Oh. Okay.” I said, trying to hide my tiny moment of panic. He popped open the shower door and poked his head inside.

“Hey hey.” He smiled, reaching his fingertips toward me. I quickly jumped away from his touch.

“Niall!” I squealed. “Get out of here.”

“Give me a kiss and I’ll go.” He said.

I knew damned well if I got close enough he would pull something, and I didn’t want to give him the satisfaction, considering he’d thrown a wrench into my morning. I crept my toes along the tile until I was close enough to lean in and purse my lips, waiting, the majority of my body safely out of his reach.

“Really?” he smirked.

“Mmmhmm.” I sounded, lips still at the ready. He kissed me sweetly, his hands behind his back to show he intended to behave. As he pulled back, I reached up and rubbed my wet palm over his face, playfully.

“Jerk.” He muttered, blinking away the water droplets before heading out the door.

“Bye!” I shouted, quickly finishing up and wrapping a towel around me as I rushed to find my phone.

“’Ello?” he said, clearing his throat.

“Harry.” I said sweetly, drawing out the r’s in his name.

“Roxy.” He replied.

“How are you?” I said, knowing he was probably fully aware that I wasn’t just calling to chat.

“Well, thank you.” He said. “What is it that you need?”

“A favor.” I quickly explained that I was going to go car shopping today, but Niall had taken the Range Rover.

“So Niall doesn’t know you’re buying a car?” he said after I’d finished my overly-dramatic tale.

“Nope.” I smiled.

Harry sighed into the phone. I had made up my mind that I was going to do this, and I was glad when he didn’t try to put up a fight. “I’ll be around in about an hour.” He said.

“Perfect.” I felt a sense of relief already. “Thank you.”

He hung up the phone and I quickly text Ryan to let him know he was off the hook.

__

I am sure he was thinking this was all very silly. He gripped the steering wheel checked his blind spot as we made our way to the dealership. To me, this was a big deal. When I was in my apartment, it was easy to go without a car. I could just jump on the train, or borrow Niall’s car whenever I needed. Now that we were settled into the house, sharing the car between us was often a hassle.

I didn’t want to admit it, but I sort of felt myself getting lost in his life. As much as I felt like our home was ours, it was actually his. His car. His career. His friends.

And as fortunate and as happy as I was, I just needed to convince myself that I was still me, still independent. I had been saving my pennies since the day I finally got on my feet in London, socking them away in case I needed to get back home; in case things didn’t work out. As time went on, that fear had become less and less and now it stands just a faded memory. I was where I needed to be, where I wanted to be.

“Why didn’t you call me in the first place?” Harry piped up. “You know that I know cars.”

“You know luxury cars, classic cars, expensive cars.” I reminded him. “I’m on a budget.”

“Niall would have bought you something.” He said. “You just needed to drop some hints.”

I rolled my eyes as he pulled the car into the lot.  He was right. Niall wasn’t always the most observant or proactive, but he was generous. I knew eventually it would dawn on him that we needed another car, so I was trying to be one step ahead.

I checked in with the girl at the front desk, and the car salesman came from his desk to greet us in the lobby. I had already been by a couple of times, so we were well acquainted. I’d already test driven a couple of models, and done my research as far as fuel efficiency and safety ratings. All that I needed to do was sign the papers and pay the man.

The salesman went over the details and numbers once more, as Harry shifted in his chair awkwardly. As much as I wanted to do this entirely on my own, I knew little to nothing about cars, and I knew Harry would chime in if he thought anything was amiss.

“I’m sorry.” He interrupted. He leaned over the arm of his chair. “That’s a mid-sized sedan.”

“Yes.” I said.

“No way.”

I looked at the salesman, embarrassed. “Why not?” I said.

“It’s not safe.” He said. “You need a four by four.”

“It’s got a five-star rating.” The salesman said. “Top of its class.”

“I’m afraid that doesn’t matter, in her situation.” Harry replied to the man. “Niall will kill me if I let you walk out of here with a car like that, Roxy. You need something off the ground, something bigger.” he said to me.

“You’re being dramatic.” I said, shooting a smile to the salesman in apology.

“You’re being stubborn.” Harry retorted. “Listen to me. What happens if you’re out somewhere and there’s a mob…”

“That’s not going to happen.” I sighed.

“I’ll be waiting in my car.” Harry said, pulling on his jacket, and walking quickly toward the large glass doors.

“Harry, wait!” I called, having to nearly run to catch up with his long stride. I caught my arm in the crook of his elbow to halt him.

“No.” he said. “Where’s your head? I’m sorry you think I’m being dramatic, or over-protective, or…”

“You’re right.” I muttered. I regretted brushing off his concern. “Will you stay and help me pick something else? I want to get this done today.” His expression changed to one of relief at my concession. “I trust your judgment.”

He nodded as I held a finger up to the salesman, who was watching from his chair on the other side of the glass, to indicate that I’d be back.  Harry and I walked through the lot toward the collection of SUVs, trying to ignore the lump in my throat at the prices painted across the tops of the windshields in pink and green block letters. He quickly scanned the information sheet glued to the one of the back windows, mumbling to himself about horsepower and torque.

After about an hour of looking at all of the options and taking a couple of test drives, I found a model that was to my liking that got the Styles Seal of Approval. It cost more than I was prepared to pay, but I had come this far and refused to go home without a set of keys. I would just need to take out a small loan to cover the balance. Harry and I waited in the salesman’s office as he ran the application. I was already fantasizing about organizing the glove compartment.

“Sorry about the wait, Miss Collins.” The man said, sitting down behind his desk. “I’m afraid your application has been denied. You’ve not been a resident long enough to have sufficient credit history.” My heart sank, and my eyes began to well. All of this effort, and all of this build-up, and I was going to have to go home and tell Niall, and pretend to be happy when he swoops in and saves the day. I just wanted to do one fucking thing on my own. “Do you perhaps have another form of payment?” the man said.

“No.” I said softly, getting to my feet and pushing my arm into the sleeve of my coat. “Thank you for your time. Sorry to have wasted it.”

“Roxy.” Harry said, still seated in his chair. “Can you give us a minute?” he said to the man, who nodded and stepped outside.  I could tell he was choosing his words carefully.“You need a car, and that one is perfect for you.”

“I can’t afford it.” I said, my tears beginning to fall.

“Of course you can.” He said, pulling the tiny paper napkin from beneath his empty Styrofoam cup and handing it to me. I dried my cheeks and took a breath.

“I’m not going to ask Niall for the money.” I said. He waved the salesman back in as I took my seat. I leaned toward him. “And don’t even think about reaching for your wallet.” I hissed. He nodded, giving his silent promise, and yet his smile indicated he had something up his sleeve.

“Would Miss Collins be able to obtain the loan with a co-signer?” he asked

Niall’s POV

The house was completely silent when I returned. “Annie!” I shouted, knowing she’d quickly come out of whichever room she was in to land a punch on my shoulder for using that name.

Nothing.

I felt bad for stranding her here all day. I really needed to get in gear and look into getting another vehicle. I had a four car garage, after all.  My stomach grumbled as I tossed my keys on the rack and headed for the fridge, where she’d tacked a note, knowing that I would be sure to see it.

Lunch with a friend. Be back later.  R xo

I reached inside and pulled out the milk for a bowl of cereal, wondering why she wouldn’t have said which friend.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

575 18 16
Niall horan is a very shy boy who is 22 years old. he works as boss for his dads company, it's called Horan Inc. it's bussy everyday and Niall has a...
3.9K 163 27
When 19 year old American Rachel Johnson meets One Direction and more importantly Niall Horan, her life gets flipped upside down, turned around backw...
3.7K 148 12
Emma Hayes, a 17 year old high school student. Living with her friend in Mullingar, Ireland; her parents died, overdosed, when she was just ten. Alth...
386 12 12
It’s high school, Harry, Liam, Louis, Zayn and Niall are all 16, they live normal lives and on weekends they do local gigs in a band called ‘One Dire...