Floating (boyxboy)

By snickerbear12

"There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing... More

Beanie boy -1-
Blue bells -2-
Special friends -3-
What if's -4-
It's not so easy -5-
Breakfast featuring a hangover -6-
The Monday after -7-
Pondering and plans -8-
A world of accidents -9-
Indiscretions of a sinner -10-
Gold is good -11-
Little Ms. Goody two shoes -12-
The fall of a nation -13-
12:12 -14-
A Day off -15-
New love, old love -17-
Shifting tides -18-
Beginning of the thread -19-
Mishaps and mistakes -20-
Mirage -21-
Floodgates -22-
Nose to nose -23-
Iris flowers -24-

Our first date -16-

5.7K 176 49
By snickerbear12

Chapter Seize -Our first date-
Song: Death of a Bachelor

The ice melted later in the day Wednesday and I was able to go home, during the week it was much different than it had been before. We couldn't be openly affectionate to each other but it was still exciting. He started sitting next to me at lunch again, everything felt as it should be. If he had anything to say to me that we couldn't say to the group he'd text me, like he did Thursday during our lunch period.

Sebastian:

Have you decided what you want to do for our date tomorrow?

I watched him out of the corner of my eye. He had put his phone down and he was pretending to be intrested in the conversation. I smiled slightly before replying.

Dinner?

I plopped my phone back in my lap and put my head in my hands as I waited for him to respond. Dannie was talking to Shylah about something in an excited voice. She and Luke still weren't back to normal but she didn't seem to be as mad at him, because she sat beside him today. "Really? I didn't know she was like that, I thought she was innocent!"

Shyla snickered, twisting a strand of her wispy hair between her fingers. "You thought!"

Avia snorted beside them. "Let Kaylie live." She looked around then said, "Have any of you seen Dion?"

Shyla pointed across the lunch room at a table near the door. "He's sitting with his friends, why?"

Avia pushed her chair back and stood up. "I forgot to start on my homework for fourth and I need his answers, I had to perform at the band concert last night, and by the way you guys should really come see us sometimes..." She smiled brightly and her eyes, which were lined thickly with black, crinkled. She was adorable even though she spent most of her time scowling.

Luke scoffed. "Everyone knows band sucks." Avia shot him dirty look.

"We don't suck." Luke raised his eyebrows. "Okay, fine. It's not my section that sucks though. And the lower classmen act like they can't even read music." She flipped her dark hair out of her face, still looking disgruntled.

"I thought you played the guitar?" Sebastian said from beside me.

She nodded. "I do, but I can also play drums, and trumbone. I also know some songs on the piano." I thought back to when he had come over that Sunday afternoon and told my mom about his music skills. Aside from her, that had been a good day.

He didn't comment on his own musical talent but he smiled and said, "I would love to hear you play sometime, if you tell me a different time and I am not busy, I'll come watch you."

She smiled brightly at him and turned to Luke, giving him the finger. "At least someone appreciates me."

Dannie muttered, "Same." As Avia walked away, probably to Diontrey's table. "So how is everyone today?" Dannie said with a bright smile.

"Good." Shyla said.

"Okay." I muttered.

"Great." Luke said.

Dannie gave Luke a pointed look. "Hm." He stuck his tongue out at her and she ignored him.

"I'm feeling pretty good." Sebastian said with a smile. I felt my face get warm as watched him pulled his phone out to reply to me.

Okay. Do you have somewhere in mind?

I do. It's a surprise.

After that the bell rang so I pocketed my phone, tossed my trash, and Sebastian walked with me to our next class.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*

"Um, yeah I'll be ready in like five seconds I promise!" I said, pushing my arms through the holes of my coat, which was a struggle while I was trying to talk on the phone. "Crap!" I exclaimed as my phone slipped from between my ear and shoulder and clattered onto the floor. I bent over and quickly scopped up phone, quickly saying, "I'm leaving the house as we speak! I'm sorry." Sebastian, calm as always, told me it was okay and to take as long as I wanted. Then he hung up.

I ran downstairs, taking one last glance at myself in the hallway mirror before I left the empty house. I thought I looked pretty good. I was wearing a brown beanie with dark jeans, a plaid jacket and a pair of light Sperry's.

Outside the cold air brushed across my cheeks threateningly as I walked to Sebastian's car parked adjacent to my house. He smiled warmly at me when he saw me approach the car and unlocked the door.

"Hey," I said breathlessly when I got in the car. I shuddered as my body adjusted to the sudden temperature change, feeling my fingers come back to life.

"Hey, Cameron." He said as he pulled off from my house. He said my name so often, I liked it a lot more then I'd ever let on. When most people did it, like my mother and Keith, it felt condescending. With him it felt genuine and sincere, like he thought I was important. "How are you?" He said, pulling me away from my thoughts.

"I'm good..." I paused, groping for a better word, because I felt more than good. I felt jittery but in a good way, full of anticipation like a kid on Christmas day. "No. I'm pretty excited." I glanced over at him. He was grinning, but his left hand was tapping away. "What about you?"

"Well I'm-- oh, merde, can you type in the address. I totally forgot to and I do--" He cut himself off with an exasperated huff.

I couldn't help but laugh at how frustrated he looked, it was adorable, honestly. "I'll type it in, don't fluster yourself." He scoffed and I began to input the address into the car GPS system as he drove down main street. "You were saying, though?"

"Hm? Oh. Well I'm excited too. I'm nervous." The tone of his laugh made my stomach jump as we rounded a corner.

"Really?"

He scoffed like he couldn't believe I was asking. "Why would I not be? You are so silly sometimes." He said lightly.

"You're so...cute." I muttered unthinkingly, watching the night blur around us as we sped down a street.

"Not really, that is all you." I felt my face warming, so I went quiet. We were nearly there anyway.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*

"Have you ever been here before?"

"No actually," I said as I took a sip of my water, skimming the crinkled menu. "So there's a fifty-fifty chance it'll be horrible." I joked.

"If it is, it'll make a good first date story." Sebastian said with a smile. I still had a pit of anxiety in my chest, but I felt it ebbing away as the night wore on. "Why did you pick here anyway?"

I put the menu down. I knew what I wanted. "Honestly, I just looked up good restaurants in the town over from ours...via Google." I was satisfied with my choice though, it reminded me of a log cabin. Dim lighting and warm, dark paneled wood.

He snorted. "Quite romantic."

I scoffed. "You're here aren't you? I'd say I'm plenty enough romantic." I was feeling pretty bold right now, even if we were in public. Weren't in town, and besides that, the restaurant wasn't very full. The booths in front of and behind us were empty.

"I don't know if I would say that, exactly." Sebastian said, flashing me the cutest smile. "I asked you out, not the other way around..." He took a sip of his water and I eyed his hand that was resting on the table. For once, I didn't overthink it, I just reached out and laid my hand over his. He moved his hand so he was gripping my fingers lightly. "I receed my earlier statement."

"That's what I thought," I said, sticking out my tongue at him. "Do you know what you want yet?"

"The Southern Specialty, I guess. It sounds pretty good. What are you getting?"

"Chicken tenders."

He rolled his eyes and snorted. "That's so basic," He commented, then added, "I forget you're so picky, I will make something for you next time you come over. It's funny to watch your reactions, they are very silly."

I took a sip of my water then muttered. "Glad you enjoy my embarrassment."

"Embarrassment?"

"I feel like I honestly do nothing but embarrass myself around you. Around everyone really, but it's worse with you." He squeezed my hand that was still situated in his warm one.

"You? I beg to differ."

Right as he said that, our waitress appeared. His hand loosened it's grip on my fingers faster than a pulled spring. I was a little disappointed but I knew why he had to do that. "Hi, hope you're having a lovely time at Rosaline's, I'm Cara and I'll be your server tonight. Are you two ready to order?"

"Yes. I'll have the...Southern Specialty." He smiled at me and I returned it.

"I'll have the chicken tenders." After that we ordered our sides and Cara left. Once she was gone, it was just him and I again.

"What were you saying before we ordered?" I leaned my head into my hands as I watched him. He ran a hand through his wavy hair, and for the first time I noticed something. "Wait a second,"

"Yes?"

"Is your...is your hair dyed?

He flashed me a blinding smile and laughed in a way that made my stomach jump. "Yes, my mom dyed my hair before I came here." He pushed his hair back so I could see his his roots.

"They're so...white." I said in astonishment. "I feel so lied to."

He laughed again, then we slipped back into the easy rhythm of conversation. It felt so freeing to just talk to him one on one, without having to worry if anyone was watching us or what people would think.

"I wish it could always be like this," I said, a smile on my face.

His eyes, which were a shimmering blue in this light, crinkled as he smiled softly. "Me too, Cameron."

Then the waitress came back and set our steaming food on the table. He started eating immediately but I hesitated, and he noticed. "What's wrong?" He said, his face full of concern.

I shook my head, looking around the nearly empty restaurant. "I...I'm just used to praying over the food, because I'm usually with my mom," I muttered.

He put down his fork and straightened up. "We can pray if you want." He looked so genuine.

"No, no," I said hastily. "We don't have to do that, it'd be kind of...sacrilegious of us to do that right now."

He scoffed. "I suppose you are right. Two gays blessing the food on their first date." I smiled in spite of myself. I was happy he wasn't insulted.

We moved on to a different topic of conversation I found myself forgetting all about my mother.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*

"So are you a Christian?"

"Yes. But not how you'd think." I said, following after Sebastian to the car. Once I got in I added, "I think...the Bible is up to interpretation, at least in some areas. I think you know, the ten commandments are pretty good rules to live by, whether or not you're a Christian. What about you?"

I watched as he pulled out of the parking lot, he didn't answer for a moment. "I want to believe in God, but I find it hard to." I thought he was going to say more, but he didn't and I wasn't going to press on with this, so I changed the topic.

"I had a lot of fun tonight." I said, remembering how easy it was to talk to him at the dinner table.

"I did too, Cameron." He stopped and I looked over at him. He had a gleam in his eyes, like he wanted to say more but instead he turned up the radio and I let the silence settle around us.

He didn't say anything until we pulled up at the edge of my neighborhood. "You know I still like you a lot right?"

I felt my face getting warm. "Yeah, and I still like you a lot too," I mumbled. "Why do you mention it?" He slowed down the car and put it in park.

He shifted in his seat so he was facing me. "Come closer." He said softly. I felt a tingle shoot down my spine as I leaned over the console. He grasped my chin and pulled me forward, connecting me to his soft lips.

He kissed me tenderly, like we had all the time in the world. It didn't feel as taboo as it had the last few times.

"I'm not great at explaining how I feel about you," He confessed when he pulled back, a hair's length from my face. I decided this was how I liked him best, with his mused hair, flushed face, and bright eyes.

"I'm not either," I said and I leaned forward and kissed the tip of his nose.

His face crinkled up cutely. "Why did you kiss me there?"

"Your nose is cute!" I said defensively. I went to kiss his nose again and he moved his head so I caught his lips instead. "I dislike you." I sat back in my chair.

"Stop pouting," He teased. "I should probably be getting you home now but, we should do this more often." He had a grin on his face.

"We will. You know you can come over any time, my mom loves you." But we have to be careful. I added in my head.

I didn't need to say it aloud because he nodded, his face solemn. "It's probably better we hang out at my house though," We had pulled up to my house, but neither of us commented on it.

"I forgot to say it when you got me, but you looked really, really great tonight." That was an understatement. Sebastian would look good wearing a garbage bag.

"You looked better," He reached over and tapped my beanie. "Do not ever stop with these. They fit you." The starry look in his eyes made me forget whatever I was going to respond with.

"Goodnight, Sebastian."

"Goodnight, Cameron."

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62K 3.4K 24
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination. "You have no emotions, you don't feel, you don't empathize......and you don't love," he told me...
622K 55.6K 189
Horst McKenzie is a happy person... or at least, that's what he'd say if you asked him. It's also what he tries to make everyone believe, including h...
7.5K 642 42
Diego Santiago was not your average teenager. He had a loving mother, a great best friend, a beautiful friend, an ex-boyfriend that gave him a traum...
9.5K 306 26
*Dedicated to all the Victims in the Orlando Pulse Shooting, Your souls will always be beautiful* Ben is yours typical lonely guy. Lives alone, No fr...