You Know I'm Such a Fool for...

By dinhadb

Vicky is a 17 year old girl who has a dedicated mom, a best friend she loves, Leah, and an ‘almost’ boyfriend... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 11

108K 987 41
By dinhadb

Hey guys!

So, new chapter for you.This one is kind of boring, but the next is one of my favorites!

Thank you Tay_Alexandra for editing. Awesome job! :)

Oh, and don't forget to vote and comment!

Chapter 11

Vicky

“Let’s ditch school after lunch!” Roxie tried one more time. I rolled my eyes.

“You know, Roxie, just because Leah isn’t here it doesn’t mean that we’ll do it!” Max said.

It was Monday and the three of us were at the cafeteria. It hadn't even been a full day without Leah yet and already I missed her.

“It’s gonna be a long week,” I told them.

“I know,” Max replied with a sad expression on his face. I guess he really likes Leah.

We ate in silence for a few more minutes and then the bell rang. Math class was the same as usual, but P.E. was absolute torture without Leah. How will I stand the whole week? When it was finally over, I went straight to my car.

On my way home, my mind started to wander. I really wished I could have spent some time with Adrian. I loved to talk to him; loved the sound of his laughter, loved when we stay close to each other and...well, I guess you could say I just love to be with him. It’s amazing how strong a bond we had, even though I’m 17 and he’s 21, almost 22.

Shoot! I thought. His birthday is in a couple of weeks. I needed to buy him a present. I knew I'd been forgetting something!

Instead of going home, I went straight to the mall. I knew exactly what I was going to get him. I headed to the bookstore and grabbed ‘How To Stay Humble When You’re Smarter Than Everybody Else’ by Ben Good. I saw it on a web site and thought it would be a funny gift. I also got wrapping paper and some free bookmarks that sat in a container by the register. After paying for everything, I went back to my car and drove home.

Before wrapping the book, I wrote a message on one of the bookmarks. The book was a cheap gift, but I wanted Adrian to know how much he meant to me.

I put the bookmark inside the book and wrapped it.

I spent the rest of the day finishing my English project and preparing dinner. Mom came home a little later and we ate together.

School on Tuesday went by painfully slow. Each second felt like an hour. The dismissal bell finally rang, rescuing me from my torture.

It wasn't until I got home I realized mom was working again. She’d been working a lot lately, so I didn't really pay too much attention to her absence.

I grabbed a soda from the fridge and went upstairs to do my homework. Two hours later, it was all finished. Ok, now I need to find something to do, I thought. I sighed as I realized my only option was to watch TV. I headed to the living room and started flipping through the channels with the remote. It would be my luck that there were no shows on that I wanted to watch. I tried taking a nap on the couch, but I couldn’t sleep; I just lay there staring at the ceiling for what seemed days. I looked at my watch and realized only 40 minutes have passed. I groaned. I still had the entire night to waste. Grudgingly, I got up and decided to clean the house. Lame, I know, but I didn’t have any better idea. I cleaned the whole kitchen and it wasn’t even dirty! 

A few hours later, when my mom got home I threw myself over her. “Don’t ever abandon me again!” I joked.

“What happened, Pumpkin?” She asked.

“I was totally bored. I even cleaned the kitchen,” I explained.

“But I already cleaned it!”

“I know!!!” She saw how desperate I was and laughed. “Come on, honey. I brought us some food.” she told me and we sat down at the table to eat.

When I finally went to bed, I was completely exhausted.

The next day was not much different from the last, but I managed to get through it because I knew Leah would kick my ass if she found out that we ditched. I was in no hurry to get home this time. Who would look forward to staring at the ceiling the whole night? I didn't have homework today, either.

When I was parking, I noticed that Adrian’s car was parked in front of his house. Strange. He’s always working this time of the day. It didn’t matter why he was there, because now I had hope that I wouldn’t have to clean the house again!

I took a quick shower and rushed to ring his bell, but then I froze. What if he’s with some girl? That thought annoyed the hell out of me, but when he answered, although he seemed a little surprised, he smiled. Before he could say anything, I starting pleading with him, saying “Please save me.”

“Save you from what?” He asked concerned, moving to my side to look at the street behind me.

“From boredom!” I told and he laughed.

“Come in, kiddo.” Kiddo? I didn’t like it, so I didn’t move, just frowned, crossing my arms over my chest. He must have realized what was bothering me because he tried again.

“Princess?” I gave him the same look. He chuckled, amusement gleaming in his eyes.

“Come in, V.” He said grinning and stepping aside. Much better.

I followed him to the kitchen.

“I’m making some sandwiches, want one?” Adrian asked while getting the peanut butter from the fridge.

“Sure”. I said and sat down on the table.

Adrian sat at the table to make the sandwiches. When he was finished, he handed one to me. “Thanks. Anyway, why are you here in the middle of the afternoon?”

“I took the day off to play football with some friends.” He answered. Hum… I’ve seen Adrian’s friends before and let me be the first to tell you, they’re hot! Hot college boys playing football? Yummy! Besides, that would give me some time with Adrian. That was, of course, the main reason I wanted to go.

“Can I come?” I asked him.

“Ah?”

“I won’t play, of course, I’ll just watch. Please, Adrian,” I begged.

“Nope.”

I guess I’ll have to use me secret weapon then, I thought.

“Please, Adrian, I’m really bored!” I pouted like a little kid, jutting out my bottom lip and batting my eyelashes.

“You know, Vicky, I’m starting to think you’re doing this on purpose. You know I’ll do whatever you ask, so you just look at me like that to get what you want,” he accused.

He was right, of course, but I wasn’t about to tell him that, so I just faked a hurt expression. If I tried to say anything, I would probably have burst out laughing.

He sighed, knowing I'd won. “Fine, but you have to promise me you’ll stay away from the guys”.

I smiled. “Thank you, Adrian. I owe you one!"

“Oh, yeah? I’ll remember that later,” he smirked. What was that supposed to mean?

“So, what time are we going?”

“In about an hour. Come on, there’s still time to watch the episode of ‘Supernatural’ I recorded,” he said taking me by the hand and guiding me to the living room. He turned on the DVD player and sat down on the couch. I was going to sit beside him, but decided to lie down and rest my head on his lap.

His hand started to stroke my hair and it felt amazing. I felt his hand move to my cheek, the warmth of his skin spreading through my entire body.

I looked up at him and he was looking down at me, too, with that his beautiful smile lighting up all the features of his face. I couldn't help but think of how handsome he was. I got lost in his deep blue eyes all through the credits, never wanting to find my way out. Then the show began and I forced myself to look away. But I was too comfortable and ended up falling asleep. I woke up once more with his hand on my cheek. That was something I could get used to.

“Hey, beautiful. It’s time. Still wanna come?” He asked me and I nodded, already sitting up.

Adrian turned off the TV, grabbed his jacket and we headed to his car. Twenty minutes later we arrived at a huge open field and he parked beside a few cars that were already there. There was a group of guys talking and only one girl, who was holding hands with one of the boys. She was probably his girlfriend.

Adrian and I got out of the car and walked towards his friends. I could see a few of them shooting weird looks at Adrian, which I didn’t really understand. Adrian greeted them and put his arm around my shoulder.

“Everyone, this is Vicky. She’s a friend and gonna watch us play.” A lot of them nodded.

Finally one of the guys  said “Okay. Let’s do it”.

Adrian gave me a warm smile and headed to where a few other guys were talking.

I went to a tree that was out of their way, but before I could reach it, I heard someone calling my name. I stopped for a second and before I could look over my shoulder to see who it was, a tall blond guy caught up with me. He was very cute.

“Hi,” he said breathlessly, smiling at me. “I’m Brandon."

Before I could even open my mouth to reply, I heard Adrian’s voice. “Back off man,” he said. Wow. He’s always been overprotective towards Leah, but I’d love to know why Adrian is being so protective of me, as well.

“Hey man, I thought you said you two were only friends.”

“We are, but she’s off limits”. Adrian retorted angrily, glaring at Brandon. I didn’t even blink. Why was Adrian acting like that?

Brandon had a weird expression on his face and I couldn’t tell what it was, but he nodded and walked away. Apparently he didn’t want to start a fight with Adrian.

This time, Adrian directed his words at me. “Vicky, you need to be careful around these guys. They’re players."

“You said that a million times, Adrian, but I can take care of myself, you know,” There was annoyance in my voice, but, in all honesty, I didn’t really know how I should feel. I mean, the guy, Brandon, was hot, but I definitely wasn’t throwing myself at him. So, why had Adrian all of a sudden gone into defensive mode?

I could tell he was a little confused, too. He lifted his right hand as if he was going to touch me, but let it fall at his side again.

“Vicky I trust you, but I definitely don’t trust them and I worry way too much about you,” he explained to me with a concerned look on his face and, obviously, I melted. I wanted to hold him and tell him I didn’t want any of those guys. Well, they were hot, but it wasn’t like I was planning on hooking up with any of them.

I couldn’t hug him in front of his friends. He would freak out, so, instead, I just said “Adrian, I’m fine. You don’t have to worry. I’ll stay away from them, I promise,” Again, I added mentally. I know they’re heartbreakers and everything, but seriously, I was just talking to the guy. Why did it bother Adrian that much?

After that, he nodded and gave me a small smile. The others were starting the game, so Adrian joined them and I went to sit by the tree. A few moments later, the girl who was holding hands with one of the guys sat down beside me.

“Hi, I’m Julie, David’s girlfriend,” She introduced herself, sticking hand out for me to shake, so I did. When I didn’t say anything, she added, “Do you know David?”

“No,” I shook my head.

“I definitely know Adrian. He’s so hot!”

“Yeah, he is,” I tried to say it in a plain tone. Does she have to talk like this? She has a boyfriend for Christ’s sake!

“So how did you two meet?”

“He’s my best friend's older brother," I stated in a flat tone. I didn’t want her to see how much she was annoying me.

“So he’s like the big brother, huh?”

“No,” I answered a little too fast. It was hard to define my relationship with Adrian but I definitely didn’t see him as a brother. “We’re more like friends,” I explained.

She had an amused expression on her face. “So that’s why you’re here?” she asked.

“Yep. I was bored and convinced him to let me watch the game."

“And how exactly did you do that?” It was as if she was making fun of me!

“Oh, I have my ways with him,” I smirked and didn’t say anything else.

She raised an eyebrow, but dropped the subject. We stayed in silence and started to watch the game. Man, I really wish I understood about football. I didn’t even know if Adrian’s team was winning or losing! Well, I guess it doesn’t really matter when there were a lot of hot football players shirtless, especially considering one of those guys was Adrian. Man, he was fine. He had a muscled body, with an amazing six pack and huge biceps. The other guys were hot too, but none of them were like Adrian. He had the perfect body, the perfect face, the perfect blue eyes and I just couldn’t stop staring.

He caught me looking and gave me a smile. A breathtaking one, I might add. And it, indeed, made my heart skip a beat. Gosh, why did I react like that every time he smiled at me?

“You’re blushing,” I heard Julie tease beside me. I had completely forgotten about her.

“No, I’m not,” I snapped, getting annoyed.

“Whatever,” she said, amused. What was wrong with this girl?

Right then, the boys decided to take a break. Adrian came towards us and sat beside me with a bottle of water in his hand. He was so damn sexy! Vicky stop it! I mentally slapped myself.

“Hello, girls,” he greeted.

“Hi,” Julie nodded, getting up. “I’m gonna talk to David.” Thank goodness for that!

“So, what did you think of the game?” Adrian asked me. I raised an eyebrow, which he returned with a confused expression. “What?”

“I don’t know anything about football, Adrian.”

“So, why did you ask to come?” He looked amused.

“I told you, I was bored” I explained. “Plus, your friends are hot” I joked and I could tell it made him angry. I could almost see the smoke coming out of his ears. I stifled a laugh. “I’m just kidding, Adrian. I wanted to spend some time with you." That softened his expression.

“Since you don’t like football, would you like me to take you home?” Can someone be that sweet? I mean, he took the day off just to play football with his friend, I begged for him to let me come and now he’s offering to drop the game to take me home! That made me want to hug him again.

“Of course not, Adrian. Besides, I didn’t say I don’t like it, I just don’t know the rules!”

“I can teach you sometime, if you want to,” he offered.

“Sure,” I said smiling. “Hey, when did you meet David and Julie?” I asked, remembering how much she'd annoyed me.

“Not long ago. But I know they’re together since high school,” he told me. “Why do you ask?”

“I don’t think I like her very much.”

“And why is that?” He asked.

“She’s kind of annoying."

“Is she?” He asked playfully.

“Yep,” I confirmed. “She thinks you’re hot,” A hand flew over my mouth as I realized what I'd just said. Crap.

Adrian laughed. “And why does that annoy you?” Oh no! I can be really stupid, sometimes.

“Oh..uh, no,” I said out loud this time. “That doesn’t annoy me,” I lied. “It’s just that she kept asking all these questions, like she was testing me or something.”

“What did she ask?” Before I could answer, the guys called Adrian back over to resume the game. “I gotta go.” He told me, getting up. “But listen, do you wanna go eat something after the game?”

“Sure,” I answered, smiling. "I'd like that."

The boys started to play again and I was glad that Julie was nowhere to be seen. Now, I could watch Adrian without anyone making fun of me. And, believe me, I took full advantage of the opportunity.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175 30 13
What happens when a wolf and a vampire have the same MATE!? Lexi Wilson (17 years old) is your regular human teenage girl who loves her mother, frien...
135 17 68
Veronica has lived her whole life in her home in Australia, but one day, she had to move to the other side of the world and her life changed from the...
2.1K 99 20
Vic and his friends are looking for true love. Soon they get themselves into a lot more trouble than intended. Will they find true love? Luna is...
2.3M 92.9K 42
Vienna was loathed by her parents and her pack from the moment she was born because she was not supposed to be born a female. She was intended to be...