Maid for the Alpha

By Nikki_Hudak

! WARNING! This contains MATURE language and SEXUAL content. Not recommended for young readers. Please re... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Reader's Choice!
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
FYI - Update
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Part 1)
Chapter 19 (Part 2)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Readers' Choice 2!
Chapter 22
Update & Chapter 23 Teaser
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Thank You!
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Author Update
Chapter 28 (Part 1/Teaser)
Chapter 28 (Part 2)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 (Sneak Peak)
Chapter 35 (Continued)
Chapter 36
Chapter 37 (Part One)
Chapter 37 (part two)
Chapter 37 (part three - last part)
Chapter 38
Author's Note
Chapter 39
Author's Note
Chapter 40
Time for a Vote!
Update from the Author
News & Sneak Peak
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Author's Update
Chapter 43

Chapter 6

11.5K 562 23
By Nikki_Hudak

Liz wasn't sure what had gotten into Miss Vaughn all week, but since she came in on Monday the woman was a royal bitch, with a capital "B". The only blessing was that she hadn't seen the boyfriend. Yet. An involuntary knot formed in her stomach at the thought of him. She didn't want to think about him, or his smile, or his amazing eyes, and then there was his physique.

Stop it, she scolded herself, while adding more vigor to her cleaning.

"Maria," Vanessa sauntered into the kitchen, "You need to redo my bathroom. I can still see the soap scum. It's disgusting."

"Yes, Miss." Liz didn't look up from the counter.

"If you can't do your job there is always someone else who is willing," she said as she sauntered off. Liz gritted her teeth and kept silent. It wasn't safe for her to speak at the moment. "I'm looking for my little black purse. You know, the one with the little red roses embroidered into the seams. Have you seen it?"

"No, Miss."

"Are you sure?"

What did she mean by that? Liz paused her scrubbing at looked at the woman. She's heard that tone before, not from Miss Vaughn, but from other people who just assumed by the look of her that she would steal. As if being part Hispanic meant that she was dishonest. Liz really hoped that this was not where the conversation was going, but looking into her boss's eyes right now set her on edge. "I'm sure. The last time I had seen it was last Friday. It was on your dresser. You were getting ready to go out."

"Are you saying I lost my own purse? How absurd."

Liz was trying to maintain her composure, but it was becoming very difficult. This was one of those moments her mother always warned her about. She could hear her voice in her head now, Elizabeth no matter what they say to you don't lose your temper. Keep your head down and do your job. Your pride won't feed you.

Yes mama, she sent the thought to Heaven, which sobered her. She would not dishonor her mother. "I will look for it, Miss."

This seemed to satisfy the bitch. Liz went back to cleaning while Miss Vaughn continued to fuss over every little thing. At some point Liz just started to nod absentmindedly. It wasn't like her boss really cared; she just seemed to want to bitch, about everything.

Maybe she needs to get laid, Liz thought, which made her think of Leland. An involuntary groan escaped her lips. The thought of Miss Vaughn putting her hands on Leland's perfect body was annoyingly upsetting.

"Excuse me?" Vanessa said with her right eyebrow set into an arrogant arch. "Is there a problem over there?"

How was Liz supposed to stay calm when being talked to like a dog? "Nothing Miss." She attacked the counter as if trying to strip it layer by layer. Thankfully the phone rang and Miss Vaughn was back to focusing on herself rather than on Liz's cleaning abilities.

Vanessa sighed in relief as she looked at the name on the caller ID, "Leland," her voice sounded more breathy than she intended. She was supposed to be punishing him by stripping him of her presence, only it seemed the opposite. He hadn't come by or called or anything since the last time she had seen him, which was last weekend when they rendezvoused at his place. It was like he dropped off the face of the Earth.

Liz stiffened at the mention of his name but her boss didn't notice, thankfully. She pretended to clean while she strained an ear to hear the one-sided conversation.

"Hello Leland," Vanessa attempted to say coolly into the phone.

"Vanessa." His tone was quick, business-like.

She stiffened for a moment before continuing. "I can't really talk that long I have dinner plans." That should teach him. She thought.

What dinner plans? Liz wondered.

"I won't keep you. I wanted to inform you that you left your purse at my place."

"Oh? I'm surprised you haven't called me sooner." She lifted a corner of her lips as if it was only a matter of time before he'd be begging her to come back.

Clingy much? Liz amused.

"I only just found it."

"Oh," the disappointment evident in her voice. Maybe he won't beg after all.

Uh oh. A disappointed Miss Vaughn meant hell for Liz.

"I will have my butler bring it to you on Monday."

"Monday?"

What's on Monday? Did Liz really just think that in a jealous tone?

"He's already gone for the weekend."

"Well I can't wait that long. I'll just pop over." She willed him to take the bait.

Liz moved to the island and attacked it with vigor. Pop over?

"No. You can't." Suddenly his voice was stern.

"Why not?" She sounded whinier than intended.

"I'm currently out of town. You will have it back by Monday."

"Where have you gone? Will you be back soon? I could come over tomorrow."

Boy she's sounding desperate.  Liz mused.

"No. I told you Monday. Do you want your purse or not?" Now he was irritated.

"Of course I want my purse back."

Wait, is her purse at his house? That bitch practically blamed me for stealing it and she left it at his place? Then she realized that meant that Miss Vaughn had spent time at Leland's house, with Leland, and most likely in his bedroom. Suddenly she was feeling very queasy.

"Then you'll get it Monday," he nearly snapped.

"But..." Click. The conversation was over.

Liz could tell something was very wrong by the dark expression on Miss Vaughn's face. She was standing too rigid and was too quiet. Suddenly she looked at Liz who was staring at her. "Get back to work or get out!" She yelled.

Liz jumped back to her work. She couldn't afford to get fired, no matter how much she hated the way her boss was treating her.

Vanessa paced from the living room, down the hall, into her bedroom and back. She stopped to glare at her maid. Who the hell does he think he is? Vanessa thought. I give him the best of me and he thinks he can just treat me this way? He can't hold my personal property hostage. I've done nothing wrong. He's the one who threw me out like a two-bit whore. It's his fault I left my purse there. He's treating me as if I did that on purpose.

She stomped into the kitchen, making Liz back up in surprise. Vanessa was going to get the upper hand no matter what, but she wasn't the type to get her hands dirty. That's what she had servants for. "Maria, I want this apartment spotless before you go home tonight. Do you understand?"

"Yes Miss." Of course she understood, she spoke English.

"Also, I need you to run an errand for me after your shift is over." Was she serious? "You will go to Mr. Moore's house and get my purse. I left it in his bedroom, I think."

What? "Um..."

"Is there a problem?"

Did he ask for me? Liz wanted to ask, but instead said, "Will he be expecting me?"

Vanessa hesitated, "He's out-of-town. He gave me his key code for such occasions." Well, sort of gave it to me. She thought. He entered it in front of me. Close enough.

Liz gulped. If she had his key-code then that meant they were serious. She only managed a nod before Miss Vaughn rattled off the numbers. She scrambled to write them on a sticky note. Her hands trembled slightly. Get a hold of yourself. He's her boyfriend. Remember that.

**************************************

Ba-da-dummmm!   Okay that was a poorly typed description of ominous sounding music ;-P

I know this is a short chapter, but the next one is longer & I didn't want to combine them into one seriously long chapter.  It didn't feel right.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this.  I appreciate all your votes and comments.

Keep on keepin' on - Nikki Hudak

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 111 6
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ ⛔️!! MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY 18+!!! After three, long months in Puerto Rico, Katarina is ready to go back to the city that never sle...
33.3K 1.4K 49
He came into my world like a hurricane, unpredictable, dangerous and out of control, destroying everything I had built in his wake. There would be no...
3.1M 139K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...
26K 729 55
MATURE LANGUAGES/SWEARS AND CURSES #*@#.💋 MATURE CONTENTS 😈😈😈😈😈😈 A twisted story filled with drama, comedy, terror, sex, love, hate and power...