Stony High - Freshman Life

By NaughtiaRules

Short Synopsis: Kennedy Daniels wants her freshman year to be memorable and drama-free. Will she get her wis... More

Chapter 1: And so it begins....
Chapter 3: Making The Cut
Chapter 4: Jealousy Becomes Her
Chapter 5: Watch Your Back
Chapter 6: She Said YES!
Chapter 7: The Kiss
Chapter 8: Pep Rally
Chapter 9: The Hookup
Chapter 10: Game Day
Chapter 11: Homecoming Dance
Chapter 12: The After Party
Chapter 13: Dating Game
Chapter 14: Friends Help Friends
Chapter 15: Girl Chat
Chapter 16: Scary Hearts
Chapter 17: Striking Out
Chapter 18: Winter Wonderland
Chapter 19: Secret Rendezvous
Chapter 20: My Brother's Keeper
Chapter 21: The Bitch is Back
Chapter 22: Happy New Year
Chapter 23: Oh Hell to The No
Chapter 24: Valentine's Day
Chapter 25: You're A Liar
Chapter 26: Talk to Me
Chapter 27: Party People
Chapter 28: The Breakup
Chapter 29: Love and Pain
Chapter 30: Fighting Words
Chapter 31: You Snooze You Lose
Chapter 32: Surprise Me
Chapter 33: Gossip Girls
Chapter 34: Moonlite Bonefire
Chapter 35: Last Day of School
Chapter 36: You've Been a Bad Boy
Chapter 37: Dirty Little Liars
Chapter 38: Love and Basketball
Chapter 39: Putting in Work
Chapter 40: Pool Party
Chapter 41: Sweet On You
Chapter 42 - Teamwork
Chapter 43 - Helping Hands
Chapter 44 - She's All About The Drama
Chapter 45: Heart on Fire
Chapter 46: Beautiful Memories

Chapter 2: She tried it

130 1 0
By NaughtiaRules

The school bell rang promptly at two-thirty and Kennedy sprinted out of her chair, heading into the packed hallway and down the stairs to her locker. After putting up her books, she closed the door just in time to hear Nikki and Portia behind her.

"Ken-Ken, I swear if one more junior or senior calls me fresh meat, I'm going to scream." Nikki said huffing. "I can't stand that bogus mess," she said, leaning against one of the lockers.

"Yeah, some guys called me fresh meat but Jevon told them to leave me alone," she said with a huge grin. She tossed her backpack over her shoulder and started walking with her friends.

"Oh Jevon, he is so protective of you. You know Ken-Ken, do us all a favor and make a play for him, already." Nikki said winking.

Once they were outside the doors, Nikki pulled out her iPhone and starts singing one of Rihanna's songs, while she started dancing in front of them. "Alright peeps, I will catch you later. Peace out," she yelled, and jogged towards the parking lot to meet her mother who was picking her up.

"She's a certified nut," Portia said, walking beside her towards the back of the school. They went through the gym door and entered the girl's locker room and found an empty locker to share. "I'm a little nervous, Ken-Ken," Portia pulled her top over her head and placed it in the locker.

"You will be fine. It's just tryouts and you're already really good, so don't sweat it. You're a total bad ass and this is a piece of cake compared to the training you went through for track," Kennedy said pulling on her black shorts.

She didn't want to admit it but she was a little nervous too. This wasn't junior high anymore and she knew how mean cheerleaders could act when tryouts started. She quickly finished dressing and stood to give Portia a hug. "Good luck mamacita," she said smiling.

"You, too," she closed the lock on the locker and headed outside to the east end of the football field.

Portia walked slowly to where a group of girls where gathered and from where she was standing, she obviously didn't get the memo that she was auditioning for a rap video. Almost every girl was wearing skimpy booty shorts that barely covered their behinds. "God, just what I need, a bunch of classless divas," she mumbled to herself.

The coach, Ms. Dixon, stood on the sidelines, by the bleachers barking orders. "Can I have everyone's attention please? When I call your name, please step forward and give me your music you will be using today. Janelle Lewis, please step forward," she said, screaming into her bullhorn, watching the scared girl walk towards her and grabbed the CD out of her hand. "Thank you! Give me a second to queue the music."

The football tryouts were also about to start and when Jevon ran by with his football teammates all the girls stopped what they were doing to stare after them. "Now I know I have to make it," One of the girls said. Portia looked at her and couldn't believe what she was wearing. She had on a rainbow halter-top with a pair of extra short blue jean cut-offs, and she had the nerve to wear a pair of front lace boots that came up to her knee.

Portia shook her head before turning to the girl in back of her who was overweight and super ghetto with multiple colors in her hair. She was wearing a skirt made for a toddler, showing off roll after roll, after roll of fat on her thighs. Somebody needs to tell her that one-size, definitely doesn't fit all.

She did give her credit for being brave to even want to try out. "Portia Willis," Ms. Dixon yelled. She jumped and sprinted towards the coach with her music in her hand. This was the moment she had been waiting for all summer and first impressions were everything.

Kennedy had just finished her routine she choreographed to the song Thank U, Next when Courtney was called up next. She grabbed her water bottle and took a swig from the spout. Her heart was still racing from all the high kicks and the double back flip she did was flawless.

Even the coach started to clap, along with a few of the current cheerleaders that were stationed at the judging table with Sydney who seemed bored by everyone who performed. She was about to head to the locker room and change but her curiosity made her stay to see Courtney's performance.

As soon as she heard the same song she just used blaring through the speakers, she started to frown. "No, she didn't," she blurted out. Sabrina walked over to her and placed her hand on her shoulder. "Did you know she was going to use the same song?"

Kennedy folded her arms and stared at Courtney who was starting her routine. "She didn't say crap to me about it. I mean this whole thing was thrown in my face at lunch today because she claims she just didn't think it was a big deal that she never mentioned her interest in being a cheerleader--when she had the whole summer to tell me. Whatever, I'm out of here," She said turning to leave when she heard loud chanting and quickly turned in time to see Courtney do three back flips in a row and ended with a split.

"Kennedy, did you see that? Wow, she's got mad skills," Sabrina yelled.

"Well I guess she does. I'm surprised little Miss uncoordinated could pull off a routine like that. Sabrina, I will talk to you tomorrow or if you want to chat tonight call me after nine," she said before walking off towards the locker room to change back into her clothes.

When she made it home she did a mad dash up to her room and pulled off her clothes. After taking a long hot shower, she walked into her room, grabbing her bottle of lotion off the night stand and sat down in front of her vanity mirror. She was just about to get up when her phone started to ring. "Talk to me," she said sighing.

"Ken-Ken, are you at home, yet?" Jevon asked.

"Yes, I'm about to throw on some sweats. Why, where are you?" She looked around her room to make sure it looked neat.

"I'm on my way over to your house now. I will see you in a few minutes," he said hanging up. It took her a matter of seconds to run into her closet, change into a tank top and sweatpants and run to her vanity for her lip gloss. She finger combed her hair and smiled at her reflection.

Just when she was going to put on a different pair of earrings, the doorbell started to ring. "Ah, who needs earrings?" She closed her vanity drawer and darted down the stairs.

"Hey there," she said smiling. She stepped aside, watching him walk slowly through her front door.

"Hey yourself," he replied, looking at her petite frame from head to toe. "Did you do something different with your hair," he quickly looked at her hair when he noticed his eyes bugging at her chest in her Old Navy tank top. He had already spent the whole day thinking about her and when it was time for him to judge tryouts, he zoned out and wasn't able to add any feedback to any of the tryout performances.

"Let's go to my room, until dinner is ready," she said.

"You sure it's okay, Ken-Ken?" he said nervously. He shoved his hands into his jean pockets and started rocking from one foot to the other. She looked over her shoulder at him and started laughing.

"What's wrong with you, Jevon? Do you need to go to the bathroom or something?" She continued up the stairs and down the hall to her room. He didn't want to make her suspicious so he quickly jogged up the stairs and walked into her bedroom.

"You will never guess who tried out for cheerleading?" She took a seat on the edge of her bed and watched him walk over to her beanbag chair and sit down. "I don't know, who?" he asked, glancing at some of the messages his friends were sending him, wanting him to go to the basketball court after practice. He closed his messages and didn't bother replying.

"Courtney, can you believe it? She never mentioned anything to anyone about wanting to be a cheerleader and sprung it on us at lunch. OMG, I was seeing red," she said glaring at him. She couldn't believe she had the one guy all the girls in school wanted, sitting in her bedroom. He always kept himself looking good with a low fade with waves on top of waves and his skin was the color of fine cinnamon and she couldn't help noticing the ripples from his muscles through his t-shirt.

Man I want to just suck face with him. Wait, that doesn't sound right.

"Stop daydreaming, girl. You haven't heard a word I've said." He put his phone in his pocket while staring at her.

"Huh? Oh, I was listening to you. So what's the deal with you and Sydney? Are you guys really over because the way I heard it today, she is not over you."

"Forget that girl. I don't have time for a drama queen like her. All she cared about was being seen together and what I could buy or do for her. I'm not trying to be joined at the hip by any female. Well, that doesn't include you. You're my, baby sis." He said with a smile.

Ever since they became friends, he'd always felt close to her and whenever he needed to talk or had any news she was the first person he called. Their moms always said they were two peas in a pod.

"You're real funny, acting like getting busted didn't bother you and it's me you're talking to, so don't you dare sugar coat it. I want the truth," she grabbed her phone off the bed, before walking over to her desk and took a seat.

"Whatever, you know how I get down and you also know that I don't stay with any female for long. I have goals and getting tied down is not part of those goals. These females today try to throw me off my game. Besides, we are talking about a football scholarship that's on the line. I can't afford setbacks or slip ups. Oh and by the way, just so you don't get it twisted, Paula was nothing to me. I knew I would be busted. I made sure of it because I'm sick of Sydney and her immature games. It took me six months to really see how much of a nutcase she really is and I don't need someone like her in my life. She calls my phone fifteen times a day and for what? Just so she can keep tabs on me."

He walked over to her desk and ran his fingers through her hair. "Ken-Ken, what do I need with a female like that? If she was more like you maybe she would have worked," he removed his hand and took a step back. Where the hell did that just come from?

He didn't need her speculating on what he meant by it, either. "I mean, she isn't cool like you," he said with a nervous smile. Damn, I'm a dumbass.

She tried to log on to her computer to keep busy but her hands were starting to shake from not knowing where the conversation was heading. "
Um, yeah, I know what you mean. I feel the same way about you. I don't know what I would do without you, Jevon. You're always there for me and I feel like I can tell you anything. I've never told you how to choose the girls you go out with and I never will. Like I've always told you, if you like it, I love it," she stammered out. That's a bunch of bullshit and I know it.

"Kennedy, dinner's ready." Her mom yelled.

"You don't have to tell me twice," she said getting up and started running toward the door with him hot on her heels.

"Move out my way, girl." He pushed her out of his way and sprinted down the steps, taking two at a time. All she could do is laugh. Jevon, Jevon, Jevon, why do you have to be so fine? She shuddered from her thoughts and walked down the stairs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

584K 11.2K 85
After being offered the scholarship of a lifetime, Catalina Faye starts her journey at Las Flores Private School where she soon realizes that everyon...
139K 4.2K 58
Winters Academy is home to the sons and daughters of some of the most prestigious families in the world! The school is known for its excellent academ...
18.1K 647 23
Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all. She believed all those fairy tales he...
HONESTLY By Sunny Birch

General Fiction

929 2 26
Nicky Peters sets out on an emotional roller coaster when she creates a melody from an old high school journal entry which develops into her debut so...