MoonClan's Return

By ad_meliora

[Warriors Cats Fanfiction] (The Sequel to Moonstar's Rise) Though MoonClan's reign appears over, it is nowher... More

Allegiances
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 4

422 15 1
By ad_meliora

            Hazelnose crept into the abandoned camp, making sure no cat was living in there. Most of the dens were collapsed, some bones lay around camp. She shuddered at the dried patches of blood spread throughout the camp. It was as if all her memories flashed back to her.

            "Is the coast clear?" Ice asked.

            Hazelnose nodded, not sniffing any cat. "No cat has been here in moons," she told her. "We've got to get started right away on rebuilding."

            "No kidding," Fire said, looking at the old dens. "What if we got some rogues to help?"

            "Good idea, Fire," Hazelnose told him, glad the tom was finally cooperating. "We do need more members- rogues especially. But first, I must receive my lives."

            "Don't be silly, Hazelnose," Ice told her. "Moonstar never received any lives. What makes you think you will?"

            "Trust me on this! Moonstar said I would," Hazelnose growled. "I'll be on my way to Moonstone. You two look for some rogues and help clean up. Move the bones away, fix up the dens."

            "All right," Ice said. "As you wish, Hazelstar."

            "Good," Hazelnose said. "If you aren't here when I return, I assume you're out looking for members. If you dare think you can leave, the powers of the Dark Forest will be on your tail, so I suggest you stay," she spat.

            "Message understood," Fire said.

            Hazelnose looked back at the mother and son one last time, then disappeared into the woods. She remembered everything so clearly-the trees, the smells, the sights. It was as if she had never left.

            She burst through the woods, knowing Moonstone wasn't too far away. She had heard FoxClan cats speak of it. It was up in the foothills, near the MoonClan camp. It wouldn't be too far of a walk!

            The sun had disappeared now, and the stars had begun to shine. The darkness would allow her to blend in better, and she thanked her father for her darkened pelt.

            As she continued, she stopped, smelling the scents of other cats. That was odd. She swore there were no other clans around here. In fact, the only clans in the forest had been FoxClan and MoonClan at the time of the battle.

            She continued slowly through the woods, still smelling the cats. There were very few of them, and it definitely did not smell like a clan of any sort. She tried to ignore the scents, continuing on her way.

            She suddenly spotted a pair of ears above the bushes. She looked quickly, seeing them gone. Who was out in these woods?

            "Who's there?" she asked quietly.

            When no response came, she continued. If any cat came out, she'd kill it right there and then. That's what she would do...That's what Moonstar would do, right?

            Suddenly, she felt paws kick her into a bush, and she yowled as a large tom landed on her. In the darkness, she could spot his dark stripes, and his green eyes stared deeply into hers.

            "Who are you?! What are you doing on BirdClan territory?!" he spat.

            "BirdClan territory? What are you talking about?" she asked, pushing the tom off.

            "This is BirdClan territory," he spat. "Who are you?"

            "My identity is of no importance to you. Who are you?" she asked.

            "Bumblestar, leader of BirdClan. Get off our territory," he spat. He took a step closer, sniffing her. "That's odd. You don't smell of the other clans."

            "That's because I belong to no clan!" she spat, knowing she could not give away the rebuilding of MoonClan to this tom. "I'm passing through, you mouse-brain."

            "Mouse-brain? That's clan talk. You are from a clan, aren't you?"

            "Fox-dung," she silently cursed. "I pick up slang from the cats around here. Let me through. I'm just passing by!"

            "Where are you going to?" he asked.

            "Somewhere that's not here," she told him. "Goodness, just let me through, cat!"

            "No one passes through BirdClan territory without an explanation," he warned her.

            "I'm a rogue heading through the forest. Leave me be!" she spat, knocking him down. "I'm not afraid to kill cats who get in my way," she said, tracing a claw over the tom's throat.

            "Fine, fine! You may pass, but if I catch you here again, we will take you prisoner," he spat.

            "Doubt that," she mumbled, passing by. Glad to be free of Bumblestar and the BirdClan cats, she began to run, heading towards Moonstone. She could see the cave up ahead, the bright blue light shining from it.

            "I'm almost there," she breathed, continuing to race through the woods. Her stomach churned though as she thought what would happen when she got there. Was Moonstar correct? Would she receive some lives?

            "Yes, you will," Hazelnose told yourself, slowing down as she neared the cave. The bright light seemed to blind anything near it, and Hazelnose even thought of turning around, feeling ashamed to enter a place of StarClan when she did not belong in such a place.

            "You're acting like a kittypet," she spat to herself, heading towards the cave. She watched as the stars faded, and she disappeared into the den. Inside, a bright blue stone sat in the center.

            Hazelnose slowly made her way towards it, hearing the tiny drops of water touch the cave floor. She jumped as she stepped on a twig. She laughed a little, coming towards the stone. There it sat- unharmed and perfect.

            "Moonstone," she whispered, gazing at the holy object. She had heard stories as a kit of the acclaimed stone, but she had never seen it in real life. It was even more amazing looking at it.

            With all the might she had, Hazelnose edged towards the stone, its light blinding her eyes. She stepped closer, touching her nose to the stone. Immediately, she felt a cool presence, and everything faded.

When Hazelnose could regain vision, she was not in StarClan, but in the Dark Forest, and her mother stood right in front of her.

            "Mother!" she gasped.

            "Hush, Hazelnose! I don't have much time," she growled. "We're fighting off StarClan's powers right now in order to give you your lives. I must give you your lives quickly."

            "Will I receive all nine?" Hazelnose asked.

            "I do not have enough power to give you all nine, but I will be giving you four. Use them wisely," Moonstar warned her.

            "With this first life, I give you stealth. Use it to break down your enemies and seek revenge," Moonstar told her. She took a step close to Hazelnose, touching her nose to hers. Immediately, Hazelnose felt as if her whole body was on fire, and the burning sensation continued for a few more moments before there was some relief.

            "With your second life, I give you wisdom. Use it for strategies," Moonstar explained. Hazelnose braced herself for the second life. As Moonstar touched her nose, she felt light as a feather, and a warming sensation filled her.

            "With your third life, I give you strength. Use it to destroy your enemies!" Moonstar yowled, touching her nose to Hazelnose's. Hazelnose didn't have any time to react, and she suddenly felt as if her body was being bruised and crushed all over.

            Hazelnose weakly opened her eyes, waiting for her last life. "With this life, I give you leadership. I know you will use it well, Hazelstar," Moonstar said, touching her nose to Hazelnose's.

            Hazelnose suddenly felt as if her whole body was iced over, and when she opened her eyes, everything was fading, and all she could see was the glow of Moonstar's blood red eyes that quickly flashed green.

            When Hazelnose awoke, she was laying in the den, the Moonstone still shining brightly. She felt a different sensation over her, and she knew now that she was Hazelstar, the leader of MoonClan.

            Hazelstar got up and stretched her legs, glad the plan had worked. Suddenly, the whole cave began to rattle and vibrate, and Hazelstar looked around.

            "What's going on?" she gasped.

            Suddenly, a white she-cat appeared with glowing blue eyes. "You have used a gift from StarClan inappropriately! You used the Dark Forest to get what you wanted, and now, you will pay!"

            "No!" Hazelstar hissed, beginning to run out of the den. The cave shook violently, and rocks began to fall, nearly blocking the entrance. Knowing she wouldn't make it in time, she leapt, making it through an entryway right as the last rock fell. Without looking back, Hazelstar ran, running quickly into the woods. Once she could run no further, she stopped, catching her breath.

            "That was close," she breathed, walking silently in the woods. The stars still shined bright up above, but Hazelstar felt ashamed to be in the presence of them. She did not belong to StarClan anymore, but the Dark Forest.

            "Hush! StarClan cats aren't in the stars!" she spat, continuing along her way. She stopped, smelling the familiar BirdClan scent again. She had to get through though, so she leapt up a nearest tree and began jumping from tree to tree in order to avoid the cats.

            As she went by, she noticed the small camp with a few cats sleeping in there.

            "Some great clan," she mumbled, continuing by. Once she could no longer smell the BirdClan scent, she leapt back down from the tree, beginning to walk back to camp. She could spot it now, and she began to run, excited to tell Fire and Ice the exciting news of her leadership.

            As she got into camp, she smelled some different scents. She looked, seeing Fire and Ice talking to three other cats.

            "Fire, who are these cats?!" Hazelstar spat.

            "Hazelnose, you're back! How'd it go?" Fire asked.

            "It's Hazelstar now," she said. "Now answer my question, deputy."

            "Hazelstar, this is Crystal," he said, pointing to a beautiful white she-cat. "This is Cliff," he said, pointing to a light brown tabby tom. Lastly, he pointed to a black she-cat with bright amber eyes. "This is Raven, Cliff's mate," Fire said. "They've got a kit too."

            "Are they here to join?" Hazelstar asked.

            "Yes," Crystal said. "We would love to join you in your search for vengeance."

            "Your kit, where is it?" Hazelstar asked Raven.

            "Follow me," Raven said, leading her to one of the standing dens. Inside lay one kit. "I do not know if you him to have a clan name or not," Raven told her.

            "It is up to you," Hazelstar said.

            "I will not then," Raven said. "The tom's name is Crow, and he's a moon old," Raven said, looking at the sleeping kit.

            "He shall be a MoonClan warrior," Hazelstar smiled maliciously. "Rest now. Tomorrow we will be rebuilding."

            "Yes, Hazelstar," Raven said, giving a slight bow. Hazelstar laughed, heading outside. The only den standing was the one Crow slept in. Growling, Hazelstar picked up the kit, tossing him outside.

            Cliff immediately raced to his kit. "Hazelstar! What's the idea?!" he spat.

            Hazelstar pushed Cliff aside. "I am leader, you fool! This is the only den left standing, and it will not house a kit. Take your kit with you! He will sleep in a den once they are rebuilt."

            She watched as Cliff opened his mouth to argue, but he didn't. He picked up the whining Crow and walked away.

            Hazelstar padded into her den, laying down on the nest that Crow was sleeping in. Resting her head on her paws, she slowly fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 479 21
[Warriors Cats Fanfiction] In FoxClan, a petite silver-blue she-cat named Moonkit is born. Like most young she-cats, Moonkit dreams of becoming the l...
46.9K 1.4K 40
[Warriors Cats Fanfiction] "In the clan of forests, one kit shall be born of stone. His life may seem short, but another life he will live as well. P...
221 2 13
❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ғɪᴠᴇ ᴀᴘᴘʀᴇɴᴛɪᴄᴇs, ᴏɴᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴄʟᴀɴ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴍᴏᴏɴ... ❞ - - - - Brindlekit is a half-clan cat; her mother...
7.4K 235 45
Moonsky, a Squirrelclan warrior, gets incredibly mad when her best friend Pebbleclaw becomes leader and doesn't choose her to be deputy. Moonsky runs...