Plunged into Darkness (blind...

By myspecialworlds

ELIZABETH : Six years ago there was a horrible accident. Unfortunately my parents did not survive, but I did... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 16

26.7K 706 29
By myspecialworlds

Elizabeth

“Bethy,” Jenna said in a sweet, soft voice that made me wonder what she was up to. “Get up Bethy.”

I grumbled then rolled over, burying my face in my pillow.

“Bethy!” she yelled, pulling the pillow out from under my head.

“Where’s the snooze button!” I yelled in a tired voice as I sleepily reached a hand out and hit at her. “Snooze, snooze.”

“Fine,” she said, a grin in her voice. “Then I’ll tell you the hard way.”

I grumbled and felt around for the other pillow, pulling it under my head as she opened the window. “cooold,” I said quietly as the icy breeze hit me.

Jenna giggled, closing the window and walking back over. “Wake up!” She yelled.

Suddenly a ball of ice hit the side of my head and my neck. I took in a deep breath and jumped up, trying to push it all off me. “COLD!” I yelled.

I could hear Jenna fall on the floor laughing.

“Jenna!” I yelled, trying to throw what hadn’t melted yet back at her. “What was that for?”

She stopped laughing enough to get out, “It’s snowing!”

That got me up and I quickly stumbled over to the window. “Snowing!?” I threw open the window and leaned my head and hands out. Sure enough, little snowflakes were falling on me.

“And I know you can’t see it, so I’ll just tell you. There’s a butt load of snow on the ground out there!!”

I pulled my head back in and closed the window. “Then how are we going to get to school?”

She giggled crazily. “There’s no school today!”

“Snow day?”

“Snow day!”

“Snow day!” I echoed before running back over and jumping onto the bed. “COLD snow day!” I started to pull the blanket back over me but Jenna just pulled it back off.

“No! Get up and get dressed, we’re going to enjoy this snow day the right way.”

I smiled as I sat up. “You know I suck at snowball fights, right?”

She started cracking up then grabbed my arm and pulled me up. “I’ll talk the whole time so you have something to aim at, just come on!!!”

“What’s new?” I asked with a grin, slowly moving to the closet where we’d thrown my bag with my clothes.

“Hey!” She stopped for a minute. “Well, true. Just hurry!!”

So I wasn’t really too sure about this whole snow thing. Since I couldn’t see it, I was sure this was a disaster waiting to happen. But it turns out I’m pretty good in snow! And Jenna did talk the whole time, so I ended up actually hitting her quite a lot.

When we were both freezing and covered in snow, we decided to finally go inside for lunch and some hot chocolate her mom made us.

“Mmmmmm,” Jenna said from across the table. “Nothing like hot chocolate on a snow day.”

“Now my insides are all warm,” I said in a funny voice, making Jenna laugh.

Jenna’s phone beeped, which it did often, alerting her that she had a text. “EEEEEEE!” she squealed excitedly. “Nearly everyone in our class is meeting in that clearing by the school for an epic snow battle. We have to-“ she cut off and suddenly got really quiet.

“Oh, um,” she continued cautiously. “find you who wins, yeah. Because we don’t want to go to that, it’s just too crazy.”

It was obvious that she was dying to go to it but didn’t want to because she was worried about how I’d handle it.

I smiled. “No, that sounds awesome, I’d love to go.”

“Really!!” she said excitedly before clearing her throat and acting calm again. “Because if you don’t want to, I understand. That could get pretty crazy.”

“No, it sounds fun,” I said, smiling to show her I was sincere. “I’ll just stay near the edge of the field and I’ll be fine. And if it does get too much then I’ll just stand back and listen.”

I jumped as she suddenly hugged me then smiled and hugged her back.

“Thanks Bethy! This is going to be epic.”

I laughed. “It better be.”

And it was. You didn’t have to see to know how insane and crazy this ultimate snowball fight was. People were crunching through the snow, yelling and laughing as snowballs flew through the air.

We immediately joined in. Even though I couldn’t see where I was throwing the snowballs or dodge that well, it was still a blast. And, standing near the edge of the field like I was, people weren’t constantly pelting me with snowballs, so it was fun. Jenna even stayed near me most of the time, taking short adventures into the center then returning to report how crazy it was in there.

“Oh em gee!” Jenna squealed. “The twins are here!!”

I froze, getting smacked in the back of the head with a snowball. “As in Chance and Jesse?”

She laughed. “No, the Olsen twins, yes Chance and Jesse!”

“Are they coming over here? I really don’t want to see them,” I said all in a rush, turning my head to listen for them.

“No,” she said in a slightly disappointed voice. “They looked over and waved but they’re throwing snowballs over there.”

I relaxed and started throwing snowballs again, then Jenna started walking away. “I’m gonna go say hi!”

“Wait!” I yelled out, she stopped for a second in front of me. Crap. What was I going to say, don’t go over there or they’ll drink your blood? Hm. She’d be safe with all these people around, right? “Um, just be careful, alright? They seem kinda dangerous.”

She laughed quietly. “Alright Bethy, I will. Be back in a flash.” Then she was gone.

I sighed, telling myself that everything was alright. They’d never hurt her before, why would they now? I pushed the thought from my head and went back to the snowball fight. Right when I was starting to have fun again I heard a sickly sweet voice behind me.

“Hello little girl,” she said with a smirk. “How are you?”

“Siena,” I whispered. The next second, I darted to the side.

Unfortunately I only got two steps away before she grabbed my arm and yanked me back. Damn vampires and their quick reflexes. “Where you going?”

As she pulled me back, I felt that familiar headache and closed my eyes, seeing the field filled with snow and high school kids throwing snow balls everywhere. But right in the front of my line of sight was me and a tall, skinny blonde who I assumed was Siena since the girl was tightly holding my arm.

In the vision, Siena tightened her grip and pulled me back. I watched closely as I tried to hit and kick at her then paid special attention to how she reacted. As soon as the vision faded and the darkness took over, I jerked my arm away before her grip could tighten.

She immediately started to react just like in the vision. Remembering all her moves, I quickly blocked them and threw a few punches of my own, making her back up.

As soon as time covered by the vision ended, I spun around and started to run into the crowd, knowing I wouldn’t be able to fight her off now.

I quickly dodged the laughing people, trying to avoid getting hit by snowballs. Maybe if I got far enough into the crowd I would be able to lose her. Maybe I could even run into the twins and tell them to get rid of her. She was their sister after all.

I hadn’t gotten very far into the crowd before Siena grabbed hold of me and started dragging me away. “You’re pretty good sweetheart, but not good enough.” She spoke in a sweet voice so anyone who was listening would just think we were messing around and not bother to consider that she was trying to drag me off to my doom!

“Let’s go Miss. Elizabeth, this place is too chaotic for you.”

Before no time, despite my struggling, she had me pulled out of the clearing and into the small wooded area that surrounded three sides of it.

“Let me go!” I yelled at the top of my lung. “Help! Someone help!! Let me go Siena!”

“Fine,” she growled, shoving me hard to the ground and into the snow. “Just shut your mouth.”

I started to get up then was suddenly kicked in the side, making me fall back into the freezing snow.

“You know, you’re very special Elizabeth, and very important. You should be proud.”

“Just leave me alone!” I yelled, jumping up and starting to run. I got about a foot then ran into a tree, falling backwards.

I rubbed my head then tried to stand again, remembering this time to look out for trees.

Siena laughed loudly. “Oh wow sweetie. Maybe you shouldn’t run in the woods, not if you’re just going to keep running into everything. Do you even know the way out?”

I turned around, listening hard, but the sounds of the distant fight were echoing off the trees and seemed to be coming from everywhere at once. She was right; I had no clue which way was out.

Regardless, I had to try. I turned and started to run again, but this time Siena caught the back of my coat and jerk me back, making my feet slip out from under me as I fell to the ground. I tried to pull away but she had too good a grip. Instead, I quickly slipped out of the coat and stood back up.

“Oh no,” she said with a grin. “You’re not going anywhere. You’re my golden egg. You’ll fetch a hefty price in my world, if I chose to sell you.”

She shoved me hard from behind as I started to run. I hit the cold ground hard, shivering as the ice and snow touched my bare arms. Dang short sleeve shirt! I stood back up and listened, but it was like she was gone.

I turned around several times but she was standing perfectly still, wherever she was, not even breathing. To me it was like she wasn’t even there.

Another push came hard from my side and she laughed as I tumbled to the ground, getting covered in freezing snow.

“Or I could give you to father. He’d be very pleased with me then. I’d be his favorite for centuries.” She giggled as she ran around some trees, her laughter soon fading.

I stood up and spun around, but Siena was gone again. Now where to be heard. How could she be so quiet!?

“Leave me alone!” I yelled, trying to get her to make a sound. “Just leave me alone!”

“Shut up!” she hissed a split second before kicking my legs out from under me and making me fall into the snow. She giggled and jumped back.

It was useless. Every time I got up, she just threw me back down and every time I ran she just pulled me back. It was like she was the cat and I was the mouse. There was no way I was getting away, but she wanted me to keep trying so she could keep playing with me. I laid there in the snow, wiping a tear from my eye before she could see it. I was helpless, and she knew it.

She giggled wickedly again, stepping in front of me. “Or, I could always just kill you.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 225 23
(Revised in 2019) My name is Shirley Preston, I am 16 years old. I am not just an ordinary teenager. Other people flee away from me. Cause my eyes ch...
1.2M 29.1K 23
He was afraid of the storms in her eyes, but somehow, they were meant to be. [ warning: my writing was a complete disaster in 2013. read at your own...
1.7K 173 50
It was an accident...... just a small accident. I was clumsy and naughty and due to that I saw the light fade from my eyes day after day until it was...
483 36 24
*CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT, MISSELPT WORD AND PHRASES* She was only a mere human or so she thought. Living her life away from what she use to be till h...