A Thug's Only Love

By Miss_Hoodnificent

Chanelle is a 16 year old girl. Tan skin, 5'2",long dark brown curls that hang down her back, has the whole w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Sequel

Chapter 42

96K 1.7K 407
By Miss_Hoodnificent

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 42

~The Next Morning~

~Lexis P.O.V.~

~April 4th~

I woke up for the first time without Nelle next to me and it was a weird feeling. I swiftly got up and went to take a shower. It was about 9:30 and I had no plans for today.

I got in the shower, and stood there letting the warm water run down my body. Today I had decided I would just tell Nelle about putting our engagement on the back burner till things clear up, I could re-propose to her, I'm sure she'd have no problem with that, and then we would get married in a few years time. Everyone wins in the end and that's all I want.

I just need to figure out how to word it to her? Eh, I'll just say it how it is.

~Chanelle P.O.V.~

I woke up feeling well reatest. It was a lonely night but I had Trey sleeping right next to me.

"Good Morning Trey." I said as I picked him up and carried him over to the bathroom sink. I changed his diaper then walked back to the living room and fed him.

I heard knocking on the door after I finished feeding Trey. I quickly put him back on my bed and wrapped the blanket around him and arranged the pillowed around him so he couldn't roll off while I answered the door.

"Awe you look so cute like that." I said with a small smile before walking out of the room and answering the door.

"Good morning sweetie." My father said as he stood there with a smile. Um. Why?

"What do you want?" I asked as I just looked at him with unsureness in my voice.

"I just wanted to come by and say Hi." He said. "My daughter is in my city, I should come by and say hello, don't you think?"

"I don't want you here-"

"I know Chanelle and I truly want to change that. I know I messed up my chances but I am just asking for one more." He sounded like he was being truthful but I know he's very good at lying.

"I'll give you one more." I said as I stepped aside. He's lucky I'm as sweet as I am.

"Thanks Chanelle." I closed the door behind him. "So how is Lexis?" He asked. He knew about Lexis because Mom more likely told him.

"He is wonderful, thank you." I said as I sat in the chair.

"Where is my grandson?" He asked.

"He is sleeping. I just fed him."

"Oh, well I think you should come over to the house for dinner tonight." He said with a warm smile.

"Okay, I think I'm going go explore New York for a bit with Trey then I could head over to the house." He nodded his head and wrote down the address on a magazine that was laying on the coffee table. "Excuse me for 1 second." I said as I got up and walked to my room, where I was greeted with a crying Trey. "Awe what's wrong Trey?" I asked as I picked him up.

"Your phone is ringing, it says it's Lexis!" He yelled from the living room.

"Could you answer and tell him I'll call him right back? I'm busy at the moment!" I yelled back as I was trying to calm Trey down.

~D P.O.V.~

Her phone was ringing so I just answered it for her.

"Hello?"

"Aye, who's this?"

"This is Chanelle's Father. How are you Lexis?"

"Oh, Hello. I'm good thanks, is Chanelle there? It's really important and I'm on a tight schedule at the moment." He said with urgency. I was curious.

"She's busy right now but I can pass along a message."

"I need to tell her, but can you tell her it has to do with our engagement and that she needs to call me back as soon as she can?"

"Not a problem."

"Thanks." I hung up.

So they're engaged? She didn't say a damn thing and I don't want her anywhere near that drug life that Lexis is apart of.

This was just perfect.

~Chanelle P.O.V.~

I gave up with Trey. I just brought him to the living room and had him sit in my lap.

"Everything okay?" I asked.

"Honey, I have bad news." He said solemnly.

"What do you mean?" I rose an eyebrow.

"Lexis called and said he is breaking off the engagement." He said looking down at his lap.

"Wait what?"

"Yup, he said not to call him anymore or anything. I'm going to go and let you be for a while. If you need anything you know where we are." He said making sure to place the magazine with his address on the top of the stack. He made his way out of the building and I just kind of sat there.

Why? Why was he calling off the engagement? I felt my eyes starting to well with tears.

Did I do something?

~Lexis P.O.V.~

~Hours Later~

I've been waiting on my phone for hours. Why hasn't she called yet? I tried calling her a few more times but no answer.

"Aye man what's up?" Arlie asked with a yawn as he took a seat on my porch. I didn't even see or hear him pull up, so it startled me a little bit.

"So I called Nelle hours ago and her Dad answered. I told him to tell Nelle that we needed to talk about our engagement and to call me back as soon as possible but she hasn't called. I've tried calling her and it just rings till I get her voicemail." Was she okay? Did something happened out there?

"Want me to call her?" He offered.

"You could try." I said with a shrug of my shoulders.

~Arlie P.O.V.~

I dialed her number and waited for her to answer.

"Hello?" She said on the second ring.

"Aye what's up with you?" Her voice sounded sad?

"Well what do you think? I was just told Lexis broke off our engagement and I've been locked up all day crying." Oh fuck. "Tell Lexis if he's done, then he doesn't need to see Trey either."

"Nelle-" She hung up.

"What she say?" He asked.

"She basically said that if you wanted to break up then fine. But you ain't going to see Trey anymore." I didn't want to be a middle man to their relationship because that's between them but look what I ended up being?

God dammit.

~Lexis P.O.V.~

What the fuck?

"She takes situations that are simple and blows them out of proportion. Why does she think we're broken up? We're not." I said just about as confused as I could be.

"Don't ask me. I don't know what Nelle stays thinkin'. What are you gonna do now?" He asked.

"I just don't know. If she's that eager to break up then fine. I still want to see my son though and I'll take her to court if it get's to that-"

"All she gotta do is throw the Gang Card and you can kiss your son goodbye."

"Fuck." I said resting my head in my hands.

~2 weeks later~

~April 18th~

I haven't heard from Nelle at all because she won't answer when I call or text me back but thankfully Arlie's been calling her for me making sure Trey was alright. I don't care about Nelle right now, just my son.

"Lets go get Raphael." Javier said as we were in the car rolling through hoods to get to the airport.

"I can't wait to see his ass." Varo yelled from the back seat.

"I know huh?" I said with a small smile. Nothin' like cousin bonding time.

"How you holdin' up?" Javier asked.

"I'm hurt and shit. I will always love Nelle, but for right now I don't give a shit about her. I just need to make sure Trey is okay." I said.

"Damn, talk about a bitch situation." Varo said.

"Nah it's cool. I ain't about to trip over it." I said keeping my eyes locked on the road.

After a little while of driving, se pulled up to the airport and saw Raphael sittin' on his luggage, looking down at his phone.

"Raphael what's good?" Javier said as he dapped him.

"Shit, nothin'." He grabbed his luggage and threw it in the back of my car. "How y'all doin?" He asked.

"You ain't never finna believe this, Lexis has a son now." Varo said. First think to come out of your mouth? Really Varo? Of all the shit, you choose to tell him that?

"No fucking way. Someone got caught up in the lust." Raphael laughed.

"So damn funny Raphael. He's real cute too, his name's Trey." I said with a smile at the thought of him.

"That's good, but be careful Lexis. Kids and the gang don't go too well. How Arlie's baby girl?" He asked.

"She is so cute, But she down in Houston with Elizabeth." Javier said.

"I been trying to get at Elizabeth since I was in 7th grade and she still won't get with me." He said with a laugh. That's cause she had a thing for me, even though I'm 4 years her junior.

She got a boyfriend, dumbass." Varo said.

"Does it look like I give 2 shits?" Raphael returned with a small laugh.

We were spent the car ride talking and laughing. Raphael wanted to hit up a club later on, so that's just what we were going to do.

Might as well enjoy myself.

~Chanelle P.O.V.~

I haven't talked to Lexis in 2 weeks. It's been hard because I do want to still be with him but if he doesn't want to be with me then so be it. My mom and Dad haven't been doing so well so my Mom and I are going to head back to Oakland.

I hated New York. Very pretty but I missed my Oakland.

"Honey you ready to go?" Mom asked.

"Yeah, lets go." I grabbed Trey and headed out towards the taxi.

***

We arrived back in Oakland. It felt good to be back home.

Jay and BV were waiting for us with my escalade after Mom and I gathered our luggage.

"Hey guys." Jay said as he gave us a hug.

"Hey Jay." Mom gave him a kiss. "Hey BV." She said and gave him a kiss too. We got in the car and drove to our old home. Mom never sold it so it was still ours. "I need to go get furniture again. Most of it is still here and all but we need more. Especially for Trey." Mom said as she walked into the house.

"Yeah I know huh?" I said. I called up Riley and asked her to come over. She didn't know much of what was going on and I could use someone other than Mom to talk to. I feel like Mom just judges me based on the decisions I've made and I find it too irritating.

***

"Hey boobear." She said as she gave me a hug.

"Hey." I said back, returning the hug.

"Jay can you watch Trey while Riley and I go for a walk?" I asked.

"Yeah we got'chu." He said with a smile before getting up and going upstairs, I'm guessing to get Trey.

"Alright lets go, I have a bit to tell you." I said, grabbing a sweater out of the closet.

"So where you been lately? You've been gone for like 2 weeks and no one would tell me where you were." She asked a little annoyed and it made me chuckle a little.

"I was in New York with Trey for those 2 weeks." I said.

"Why?" She said flashing me a confused look.

"We were having gang problems. So they wanted to keep family safe by moving them out of Oakland." I said.

"Oh wow." She said slightly surprised.

"Yeah, well Lexis called and my Dad answered. My dad said Lexis wanted to call off the engagement and not to call him."

"He really said that?!"

"That's what my Dad said. So I haven't talked to Lexis since then." We took a seat on a bench as she gave me a hug.

"Awh Nelle, I know things are bad right now but y'all need to talk shit out. This "well my Dad said this" isn't good. You need to hear each other straight from each others mouths. No middle man." She said.

"I know we do. Well I just go back so we haven't even seen each other yet."

"I know, y'all need to fix each other before it's too late." She said as she rubbed my back. "You two have a baby together this isn't teenager shit. You both need to act like adults." Riley was right.

Then Karina came walking by. No shocker there. Her ass is everywhere it shouldn't be.

"Hey Nelle. Hey Riley." She said with a smile. Why is she being nice?

"What do you want?" Riley spat at her.

"Well I just wanted to say I'm sorry for y'all break up." She said looking at me.

"Why are you sorry?" I questioned.

"Well I saw him walking with some girl the other day. So I'm guessing he's moved on." She said with a smirk.

"Karina get the fuck out of here." Riley said. Karina just laughed before walking off.

"He moved on?" I let those words sink in.

"Nelle?" I just sat there quiet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.7K 2.4K 53
Olivia has lived a tough life; her mother left her and her father is an alcoholic who takes great pleasure in beating her every time he thinks about...
2.3K 449 19
(short story) Kayla is a 16 year old Junior in highschool . She has had many many failed relationships. Her father is a huge drug lord in New York...
250K 4.9K 11
Here is a short little story that I felt like writing(: Kira is a 16 year old girl who can't complain about life. She has a stable home life, amazin...
7.7K 151 28
Sarai Is 16 Now & This Is Now Her Life. Make Sure You Guys Read The 1st Book, My Life.