Gotta Be You [Complete]

By sheeriostyles

I know how they both feel and now all that’s left to do is to find out how I feel. And right now, my heart is... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Epilogue
*My next fanfic?*
*New fanfic*

Chapter 29

1.1K 29 7
By sheeriostyles

Harry’s POV

I was waiting for Niall in my living room getting more anxious every second. I had texted him saying I needed to talk to him. I needed to talk to someone about the dream I had last night and Niall seemed like the right person to talk to. I’ve had other dreams about Isla but this one was different. I can’t shake the feeling that it meant something. It seemed so real and when I woke up from the dream I had a bad feeling inside of me. I could be going crazy but I can’t get it out of my head. Isla’s frightened face in my dream was burnt into my mind and I couldn’t make it go away.

Now, my anxiety was getting worse just thinking about it. I closed my eyed, trying to clear my head and taking deep breaths. I calmed down just in time to hear a knock on my door. I quickly got up and headed for the door. I opened it and saw a worried Niall staring back at me. 

“Hey, come in,” I said, stepping to the side to let him through. He walked in and went to take a seat in the living room. His attention was caught by the TV that I kept on but wasn’t paying attention to. But once I sat down beside him, his attention from the TV broke and he sat down and focused his attention on me.

“So, what’d you want to talk about?” he asked. 

I avoided his gaze as my anxiety started to creep up. I took a few deep, quiet breaths before I finally looked at him.

“I had another dream about Isla,” I spoke. 

He opened his mouth to say something but I quickly interrupted him. 

“I know I’ve told you about the other dreams I’ve had about her since she left but…” I started to explain, my heartbeat started to go faster, “…I feel like the one I had last night…meant something.” 

I observed his expression the whole time I was talking. It went from blank to shock to confusion.

“What happened in the dream?” he asked quietly.

I cleared my throat as I tried to recall the beginning of the dream.

“Well, at the beginning, I was standing at the top of the altar at a church and I saw Isla walking down in a wedding dress. I thought she was walking up to me but there was another man there who she walked up to, I didn’t know who it was. And I saw you and the rest of the boys sitting in the crowd but you couldn’t see or hear me. I walked up to Isla and I touched her arm. She was the only one that could see me and…” I paused as I felt pain in my heart remembering what had happened next. I felt Niall put his hand on my shoulder. 

“It’s okay, take your time,” he said, I looked up at him and saw pain written in his face, “I know what it’s like to dream about Isla and wake up and realize it wasn’t real and that in reality, I won’t be able to see her either.” 

I nodded as I tried to compose myself.

I took a deep breath and continued.

“I told her I missed her and…I told her to come back. But she said no. She said that I meant nothing to her and that she…she doesn’t love me anymore,” my heart ached at every word I said. I had left out the part where she said that Niall loved her more than I did. I didn’t want him to feel bad about it.

I felt tears build in my eyes.

“Hey,” Niall said, “you know that’s not true. Don’t you ever think that.”

I sniffled as a tear escaped. “I know. That’s not the part of the dream that I was talking about though.”

I saw Niall tense up as he looked at me.

“What do you mean?”

“After that, everything around me blurred and my surroundings changed. I was lying down on the grass in my backyard at the same spot that me and Isla were the night before she left. I was alone at first and then I started to sing our song and suddenly Isla appeared beside me.” I froze as the most haunting part of my dream came into my mind.

I closed my eyes once again and took deep, shaky breaths. 

“What happened?” I heard Niall say. I finally opened my eyes and looked up to see Niall’s worried face.

“She…she was crying and she looked so scared. She kept telling me that I needed to help her, that I needed to find her.” I paused. “She said she wanted to come home.”

I saw Niall’s eyes widen as he took in my words. He looked away, looking like he was deep in thought.

A few moments later, Niall took a deep breath and looked up at me. 

“We need to find her. Now,” was all he said. He had determination written all over his face. This was exactly how I knew Niall would react.

“But…how?” I really didn’t know how we would even start to look for her. I know that we’ve said it before but we ended up busy with work. But now, after that dream, nothing else mattered and all I could think about now was how we were going to find Isla.

I saw Niall’s expression turn to sadness as he too realized that he didn’t know how. But suddenly, he pulled out his phone and started tapped like crazy on it. 

“I texted the boys to come over, we’ll explain to them everything that’s happened, everything you told me, we need all the help we can get. Five heads are better than two, right?” he gave me a small smile that I returned with one of my own. 

“Yeah, but with Louis, it’s like we have 12,” I joked. Niall laughed as he looked down at his phone again after receiving a text. 

“They said they’d be over in 10.”

I nodded as I watched Niall go on Twitter. Before I could question why on earth he chose to go on Twitter while we’re trying to think of how we’re going to find Isla, he suddenly shot his head up in embarrassment. 

“I…I’ve been checking Twitter every day to see if anyone mentions Isla,” he explained. I could see his face reddening as he looked down at his phone again.

“That’s actually a good idea, “ I said, pulling out my phone. I saw Niall look up at me again with a grin. “I don’t know how I didn’t think of doing that.” 

“I’ve had no luck though,” he said sadly, his attention going back to his phone. 

“It’s alright, mate. At least you’re trying,” I said. I saw him smile which made me smile myself. 

I looked back at my phone and opened the Twitter app. I looked through my timeline, searching for Isla’s name. I knew there was a slim chance that, even if someone had mentioned Isla, I’d see it in the thousands of tweets that we’re continuously being tweeted every second. But it didn’t hurt to try. After looking through my timeline, I went to my DMs. I replied to some of them but no luck in finding anything that was related to Isla. It seemed like everyone forgot about her the day that she left. It hurt me that a lot of them didn’t accept her. She was the most amazing, beautiful, kind human being I had ever met. I wish they could see that. 

I gave up looking through my DMs and did the last thing that I could think of. I searched Isla’s name in the search bar. Most of the tweets were about other Isla Abbotts or if it was about our Isla, it was either saying mean things or asking what happened to her. Some of them have probably realized that Isla hasn’t been seen in a long time, seeing as she was stuck in the house for a month after the accident and now that she left. Some of the tweets were asking why Isla deleted her Twitter. That probably confirmed to them that something happened to Isla. However, I smiled at the tweets that were saying that they miss Isla and some were even saying that they hoped that nothing bad happened to her. Those were the fans that I was most proud of. The ones that cared about the people that we cared about. I followed the ones that were being nice, hoping to make them smile like they did to me just now.

I scanned through the tweets some more and when a certain one caught my eye, my heart skipped a beat and I stopped breathing. Someone had tweeted an hour ago.

@MrsHoran_4Life: “Visiting my cousins in Presteigne and guess who I saw pic.twitter.com/iQHAZLg3u8 - Who knew I’d find Isla Abbott in Presteigne? What’s she doing here?”

What it our Isla that she was talking about? I mean, she did have Niall’s last name in her Twitter handle. There was only one way to find out. 

I clicked on the link for the picture and once it opened, I felt the air being knocked out of my lungs. 

It was Isla. 

Our Isla.

I saw her in what looked to be a coffee shop. The girl had secretly taken a picture of her while she was behind the counter, it didn’t seem like Isla knew someone was taking a picture of her.

“Earth to Harry.”

I was still trying to debate if the tweet was real or if I was just hallucinating that I didn’t even realize that the boys arrived and they were sitting around me looking at me with confused looks. 

I looked up at them and all I could do what turn my phone towards them to show them the tweet. Niall grabbed it and looked at it with wide eyes. The rest of the boys surrounded him, trying to look at the screen.

“Oh my god.”

“Well, shit.”

“Wow!”

They were all speechless like I was right now. I didn’t know whether to be happy or not. We finally knew where Isla was. This one tweet just answered our prayers.

With a smile, I said the words that I’ve been dying to say since the day that Isla left:

“We found her.”

**

“We should all follow this girl. She just helped us a bunch,” Liam said, pulling out his phone. Me and the rest of the boys followed suit and followed the mystery girl that didn’t know how important her tweet was to us. Once we followed her, I went to her profile and saw her tweeting a bunch of gibberish as she was definitely freaking out that all of us just followed her out of nowhere.

We didn’t want to get too excited and start looking for her right away. We had to plan things first. It was a good thing that we had a week off before we had to go back to the studio to record more music. We had time to plan and finally go look for her.

“So Presteigne is about a three hour drive from here. If we don’t want to get there too late, we should go soon,” Zayn said, looking at the map app on his phone.

“We should pack food. And clothes. You know, just in case,” Liam said. He headed for the kitchen and started rummaging through the pantry.

“How about me and Zayn go to everyone’s place and grab clothes so we can get ready quicker?” Louis asked. Liam and Niall agreed as they gave their house keys to him and started heading out with Zayn behind him.

“Yeah, sounds good. I’ll start packing my things,” I said. I got up and ran to my room. I pulled out a duffel bag and started stuffing it with random clothes. Then, I went into my bathroom and grabbed everything I would need and put it into the bag. Once I thought that I had everything, I grabbed my bag and walked back to the living room. 

Niall was on my laptop on Twitter. He had been talking to the girl who had tweeted about Isla. We found out her name was Kara and that she was having lunch with her cousins at the coffee shop and that was where she was Isla and that she was working there. We didn’t want to ask more because we didn’t want her to know that we were looking for her. And, thankfully, she didn’t question why we were asking about her. We wanted to thank her so we told her that we’d send her all of our albums, books, DVDs and many other things signed in the mail. She was freaking out and told us how happy we just made her. She had no idea that she did that to us too.

“Okay, I think we have all we need. We just need to wait for Louis and Zayn to get back,” Liam said, coming back from the kitchen with two bags filled with snacks and drinks.

About 10 minutes later, Louis and Zayn walked in and joined us at the foyer where we were waiting.

“Everyone ready? Let’s go,” Zayn said, turning around and heading for the door.

“Wait!”

We all turned our attention to Niall.

He cleared his throat.

“I just wanted to say thank you.” He paused. “I appreciate you guys doing this.”

We all smiled at him.

“I mean, I’m sure Harry is, too,” he quickly added. “I know he’s been wanting to find her as much as I am.” I gave him a small smile and put my hand on his shoulder.

“I appreciate all that you’ve done, too, Niall,” I said.

“Can we save this cheesy lovey-dovey moment for later so we can go and get Isla and take her home?” Louis said. He scrunched up his nose, pretending to be grossed out with the situation. We all laughed and started heading out. I locked the door and we all walked to the car.

“You’re just jealous, Boo Bear,” I joked. 

“You’re right. I want Niall to be lovey-dovey with me, not you,” he retaliated. 

I grinned and was about to say something back but was interrupted, of course, by Louis.

“Shotgun!”

**

Please vote and comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 99 44
Elizabeth and Niall have been friends for years. They never wanted to be separated but when Elizabeth's dad got a new job it had to be done. When you...
16.7K 340 39
Alex isn't your typical nerd. Yes she gets bullied and beaten. But it's all about to change when she becomes friends with Liam Payne, Niall Horan, Za...
75.5K 528 29
Harry can’t believe himself. Since he introduced this girl, Eleanor, to his best friend Louis he is jealous about what he tells about her. He wants t...
56.1K 1.6K 38
[COMPLETED] Liam Payne and Niall Horan of One Direction are best mates, anyone can see that, but is something between them hidden? Louis Tomlinson ha...